Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls, i have recently got into the joys of costume jewellery and i was wondering how you keep it all safe, stop necklaces from knotting up etc. I recently got a smallish jewellery cabinet from Mele & co. to store earrings, necklaces and bangles in. How do you store your necklaces? as they can be quite long and you do struggle to place them in a jewellery box or cabinet due to their length and the knotting up issue.

Fiona-Ann xxx

Anonymous

Hi Fiona-Ann , my anklets & bracelets I store on a cylindrical t-bar , my wife bought me a jewellery box for my toe rings , ear rings & miscellaneous jewellery .

Xx Tiff

IsabelB
      Lady

I keep my earrings and rings in a jewelry roll which I got from M&S – it’s really beyond the limit of it’s capacity at this stage, so I need to either get another or do something else there.  Necklaces all hang on small hooks which I put on the inside of a wardrobe door.  I just need to remember to be a bit more gentle opening that particular door!  Bangles and bracelets live in a drawer.
      Having said all that, I do know I need a better solution – I’ll most likely get a proper jewelry box for everything other than the necklaces as the door-hook thing actually works really well.

Not sure where it came from?  Got a small hanger, maybe from a pair of shoes or a pack ot tights that I use to hang necklaces and bracelets from and a multi compartment nuts and bolts box for everything else.

I think I also have a secret place where all the missing stuff goes to?

Sally.

My wife has a trick i have to try soon but she takes a drinking straw and cuts it in half or a little longer on one end and uses the long size to side her necklace down through. She reconnects the ends and the necklace does not tangle. I think if you took a knife and slit the straw up long ways you would not have to try dropping the chain through the hole but either way would work. I on the other hand have each necklace in a little baggie you can get them at the hobby store about 1 1/2 inches by about 2 inches. I drop them back into this baggie when done and store them all in my jewelry bag. You can get bigger bags or use the snack bags from the Grocery store too.
      Sara

Amy Myers
        Baroness

This wasn’t part of the original question, but I often have to go out in drab, and return the same way, so I use little baggies, like you describe to keep my jewellery safe and untangled on the way there, and home again.

Amy

My wife and I store our jewelery on a wall behind our bathroom door. I used a picture hanging kit, necklaces hung with picture hangers and rings on picture hangers nails.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I have a medium sized jewelry box which has many compartments of varying sizes, so that I can lay the long chains out carefully, and so far, nothing has gotten very tangled.

Amy

I don’t really have all that much jewelry just yet,  but all my necklaces hand behind the bedroom door on a hook which stops them from knotting and currently my rings, bracelets, and earing are sitting on my nightstand until I can get a small box to store them in.

Cynthia

Because I have to hide my jewelry, I got a plastic container from Target that has small compartments molded into it that help to separate the earrings from the rings from the necklaces.  I’ve been using small sandwich bags from the store to individually store the necklaces and prevent from tangling although even by itself, the darn necklace can still entangle all by its lonesome.  I love Sara Marie’s idea about the drinking straw solution for the necklaces.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?