- November 16, 2019 at 3:24 pm #249719Jennifer SwansonParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 42Replies: 146Has thanked: 3300 timesBeen thanked: 824 times
Take this online gender test and share where you fall,
Total of 105 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.Natasha Crossdresser, Genevieve Fox, Etienne Rose, Linda Waters, Lee Hope, Becca Belrose, Jenny Angelique Sanders, Kay Lambert, Gloria Renee, Britney Summers, Elizabeth Denier, Jill Stevens, Tammy Cindy, Erica Lightly, Stephanie Flowers, Dala Carlian, Dana "Jennifer" Banton, Amy, skippy1965 Cynthia, Linda Rose Nygaard
- August 10, 2020 at 2:15 pm #372769
- August 10, 2020 at 1:25 pm #372764
- August 9, 2020 at 5:06 pm #372487Jennifer SwansonParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 42Replies: 146Has thanked: 3300 timesBeen thanked: 824 times
After dressing for the past 4 days and talking with my trans girlfriend for 2 hours.
78 fem, 3 male
also 120 estradiol on blood test and no HRT.
feel like laughing and crying
- August 9, 2020 at 4:55 pm #372486Jennifer SwansonParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 42Replies: 146Has thanked: 3300 timesBeen thanked: 824 times
A reminder on the test – masculine and feminine are in 2 separate scales, each scale is 0-100.
References from test website
This test was constructed on the basis of the following studies:
- Donnelly & Twenge: Masculine and Feminine Traits on the Bem Sex-Role Inventory, 1993–2012: a Cross-Temporal Meta-Analysis (Sex Roles 0360-0025 2016)
- Holt & Ellis: Assessing the Current Validity of the Bem Sex-Role Inventory (Sex Roles Volume 39, Issue 11-12 1998)
- Lee & Kashubeck-West: Factor Structure of the Bem Sex Role Inventory in Samples of Ethnically Diverse Young Adults in the U.S. (Journal of Asia Pacific Counseling 2015)
- Robinson, Shaver & Wrightsman (eds.): Measures of Personality and Social Psychological Attitudes: Measures of Social Psychological Attitudes (Academic Press 2013)
However, since this is a self-report inventory, how reliable the assessment is depends on how accurately participants rate themselves.
An androgynous score is the result of extremely masculine and feminine scores and an undifferentiated score is the result of extremely low masculine and feminine scores. It has been theorized that perhaps tendencies to rate oneself extremely low and extremely high on traits can affect a subjects’ resulting gender placement.
- August 3, 2020 at 2:10 pm #370172
- August 1, 2020 at 8:26 am #369433stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 72Replies: 641Has thanked: 703 timesBeen thanked: 1711 times
Hate to put a dampener on this, but as I have previously said – this is not a gender identity test – it is a gender ROLE test. And percentages can only add up to 100. You can’t be 85% feminine and 59% male!!! The authors of this “test” don’t even know basic maths.
- August 1, 2020 at 6:02 am #369388
- July 31, 2020 at 7:37 am #369127
- July 30, 2020 at 4:28 pm #368999
- July 29, 2020 at 3:08 pm #368679
- July 28, 2020 at 4:02 am #368136
- July 27, 2020 at 4:00 am #367810stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 72Replies: 641Has thanked: 703 timesBeen thanked: 1711 times
This is not an online gender test as such. It is a gender ROLE test. In other words a measure of how you behave in your current role or situation swinging between wether your response is on the feminine or masculine side of some arbitrary criteria, based on “cultural conceptions” (whose?) arrived at by statistical analysis. Its not a measure of your femininity or true gender.
I scored “gender neutral”.
Being born male, and raised as male, it’s not surprising that some of our responses suggest masculinity. But these are LEARNED behaviours, and not a true representation of how feminine we actually feel.
I am not a statistic. I can’t be, refuse to be, categorised or measured by some half-assed questions.
It’s just a bit of fun you say. But is it? It appears to take itself seriously and dump us on some sort of see-saw between masculine and feminine. But it is so narrow in scope it is meaningless as a measure of our true gender.
I do not feel “gender neutral” at all. I am me, a female in a male body. I can swing between masculine and feminine responses as the situation needs or dictates – its a skill i have developed.
Sorry about the rant. It’s just that I hate these silly, statistics based tests that know nothing of how we feel about ourselves.
The only test of your gender is how you feel inside.
- July 29, 2020 at 10:44 pm #368775Darleene EvergeenParticipantRegistered On: June 26, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 10Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 24 times
That is a wonderful response Stephanie ! Evaluating ANY type of personality traits is very complex. You can’t throw people into categories, by asking a few arbitrary personality questions. Of course, I think the quiz, was mostly a “fun questionnaire,” rather than an actual analysis.
- July 26, 2020 at 9:55 am #367571LES TOLETParticipantRegistered On: June 6, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 20Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 29 times
I’VE JUST THE TEST AGAIN AND WAS 44M AND 64FEMALE THAT MAKES ME CASUALY FEMALE BUT I THINK IT DEPENDS ON HOW YOU FEEL AT THE TIME OF DOING THE TEST. I’VE DONE THE TEST A FEW TIMES NOW AND ENDED UP DIFFERENT EVERY TIME. I’M THE SORT OF PERSON THAT LIKES TO WEAR HIGH HEELS ALL DAY RATHER THAN TRAINERS OR STEEL TOE CAPS, HAVE LONG NAILS MAKE UP AND ALL THE FEMININE THINGS THAT WOMEN DO= I’M HAPPIER THAT WAY.
- July 26, 2020 at 7:06 am #367500Linda WatersParticipantRegistered On: February 25, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 4Has thanked: 54 timesBeen thanked: 26 times
Ok, I took the test and it came back with 83% feminine and 28% masculine. I wasn’t totally surprised as I feel feminine most of the time and believe we all have some masculinity within us.
- July 21, 2020 at 6:37 am #366184Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 330Has thanked: 1105 timesBeen thanked: 1416 times
Well, to gage its accuracy I have taken this test 3 times over the last 6 weeks or so. Pretty damn consistent.
1. 89% feminine, 47% masculine.
2. 93% feminine, 49% masculine.
3. 87% feminine, 53% masculine.
Guess I like to give more than 100%. Lol.
- July 19, 2020 at 11:05 pm #365790Kristyn WildeParticipantRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 1 time
This makes so much sense to me although I would be inclined to believe that it isn’t a set position. Right now it says 61% feminine and 56% masculine.
- July 19, 2020 at 12:43 pm #365678
- July 19, 2020 at 12:31 pm #365669
- July 16, 2020 at 10:22 am #364692
- July 14, 2020 at 12:53 am #363811Becca BelroseParticipantRegistered On: April 24, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 6Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 26 times
- July 12, 2020 at 8:18 pm #363457Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 949Has thanked: 2222 timesBeen thanked: 2033 times
Well I did this test again, and this time I scored 19% masculine and 94% feminine, for a rating of extremely feminine! I’ve never scored this high on the feminine scale before, perhaps its’ just my mood tonight.
Not to be sexist, but does that comment reinforce the rating I wonder?
- July 12, 2020 at 12:10 pm #363330Boots DevilleParticipantRegistered On: November 20, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 22Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
Ok, I took the test back in December after spending a few days (or weeks) en’fem and scored 78 feminine and 22 masculine. I’m back to work as a leader in a male dominated profession (construction) and haven’t had much time to get my “girl” on. I took the test this morning and now I’m 86 feminine and 14 masculine. Pegs me as Extremely Feminine. Lol, go figure. I guess construction guys like it when a “girl” takes the lead?
- July 11, 2020 at 4:33 pm #362985
- July 10, 2020 at 3:04 pm #362535
- July 10, 2020 at 9:19 am #362451Kay LambertParticipantRegistered On: February 28, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 9Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 18 times
I took the test. Interesting results. 61% masculine, 67% feminine. This was a curious result. Before I took the test, I guessed I would be more on the masculine side. Shows what I know…or is it what I don’t know? Oh well, now where did I put that new pink panty?
- July 10, 2020 at 8:36 am #362436Tasha NargeyboltParticipantRegistered On: July 8, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 6Has thanked: 17 timesBeen thanked: 27 times
- July 10, 2020 at 7:42 am #362424
- July 9, 2020 at 9:57 pm #362295Laura Jane MooreParticipantRegistered On: July 10, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 24Has thanked: 191 timesBeen thanked: 117 times
- July 9, 2020 at 10:32 am #362132Cindy JonesParticipantRegistered On: July 31, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 22Has thanked: 141 timesBeen thanked: 72 times
Thanks for the post. I took the test back in Nov 2019 when it was originally posted. The results… 36%Masculine, 36%Feminine, Undifferentiated-Androgynous
I decided to take it again today just for kicks. The results… 36%Masculine, 58%Feminine, Casually Feminine
Perhaps belonging to this wonderful group of ladies really does bring out the real you?
- July 9, 2020 at 7:06 am #362082
- July 9, 2020 at 6:54 am #362073
- June 29, 2020 at 3:21 pm #357409
- June 26, 2020 at 10:54 am #358137
- June 25, 2020 at 7:36 am #357917
- June 24, 2020 at 3:37 pm #357788
- June 23, 2020 at 8:38 am #357397
- June 23, 2020 at 7:24 am #357385Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 330Has thanked: 1105 timesBeen thanked: 1416 times
- June 23, 2020 at 6:33 am #357367SteffieCParticipantRegistered On: October 24, 2015Topics: 1Replies: 11Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 23 times
- June 22, 2020 at 11:43 pm #357334
- June 22, 2020 at 8:05 pm #357323
- June 22, 2020 at 5:46 pm #357290Val’sheril StarsongParticipantRegistered On: March 3, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 290Has thanked: 172 timesBeen thanked: 479 times
- June 22, 2020 at 3:58 pm #357254Jill StevensParticipantRegistered On: February 18, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 3Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 18 times
- June 18, 2020 at 3:42 pm #356121Joanna HustonParticipantRegistered On: May 13, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 9Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 50 times
- June 18, 2020 at 2:05 pm #356099
- June 16, 2020 at 5:10 am #355340rhondagurlParticipantRegistered On: February 2, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 4 times
- June 16, 2020 at 4:21 am #355331
- June 14, 2020 at 10:44 pm #354952Juliet BlisstonParticipantRegistered On: June 5, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 11Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 61 times
- June 14, 2020 at 10:19 pm #354948Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 456Has thanked: 794 timesBeen thanked: 1511 times
I first took this test back on November 16, 2019 and my results were: 69% female, 25% male, Masculine low, feminine high, typically female.
I took it again tonight and received the exact same results. I guess this might mean I am truly settled in myself and who I am today.
Very satisfied with my results 🙂
- June 14, 2020 at 10:15 pm #354946Gisela ClaudineParticipantRegistered On: January 19, 2018Topics: 17Replies: 259Has thanked: 557 timesBeen thanked: 312 times
My Goodness! I did it again. I am a little surprised. The results changed from typically feminine to extremely feminine. Well. It has been five months. Everything changes and I am being more constant in this confinement. And my mood is different. Anyway I like it!
3% masculine (very low) (down 28%)
89% feminine (very high) (down 5%)
Cinnamon kisses. 💋🧡
- June 14, 2020 at 10:09 pm #354945Denise SParticipantRegistered On: May 22, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 7Has thanked: 52 timesBeen thanked: 21 times
- June 14, 2020 at 10:03 pm #354944
- June 14, 2020 at 9:53 pm #354942
- June 14, 2020 at 7:21 pm #354885
- June 14, 2020 at 6:10 pm #354873
- June 14, 2020 at 6:04 pm #354872Casey Amber TwitchingsParticipantRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 31Replies: 300Has thanked: 281 timesBeen thanked: 1045 times
- June 14, 2020 at 5:42 pm #354864Desiree ScrumptiousParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 26Has thanked: 22 timesBeen thanked: 115 times
64% masculine, 47% feminine. Not sure how you can be 111%? And what does it mean to be casually masculine?
- June 12, 2020 at 3:09 am #353962
- June 11, 2020 at 11:23 pm #353938Kristen RebeccaParticipantRegistered On: June 2, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 68Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 215 times
- June 11, 2020 at 2:39 pm #353834Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 330Has thanked: 1105 timesBeen thanked: 1416 times
- June 11, 2020 at 1:20 pm #353822Erica LightlyParticipantRegistered On: June 5, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 19Has thanked: 147 timesBeen thanked: 128 times
- June 10, 2020 at 6:47 am #353499
- June 10, 2020 at 3:42 am #353460LES TOLETParticipantRegistered On: June 6, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 20Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 29 times
- June 9, 2020 at 12:44 pm #353249
- June 8, 2020 at 3:57 am #352899Jasmine FletcherParticipantRegistered On: September 7, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 303Has thanked: 167 timesBeen thanked: 557 times
- June 7, 2020 at 9:28 pm #352873ParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 42Replies: 146Has thanked: 3300 timesBeen thanked: 824 times
Just a quick note to say that the feminine/masculine scores are 2 independent scales so they probably won’t add up to 100. Each tells you your rating on that scale. 50 would be average on each scale. 80f/30m just means you’re well above average feminine and below average masculine, probably casually feminine on their scale.
- June 7, 2020 at 7:54 pm #352862Dala CarlianParticipantRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 71Has thanked: 180 timesBeen thanked: 184 times
- June 7, 2020 at 5:46 pm #352848
- June 1, 2020 at 8:22 pm #347974Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 949Has thanked: 2222 timesBeen thanked: 2033 times
- June 1, 2020 at 3:57 am #347756
- May 31, 2020 at 10:51 am #347554Casey Amber TwitchingsParticipantRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 31Replies: 300Has thanked: 281 timesBeen thanked: 1045 times
I got 36% masculine (average) and 94% feminine(very high) which makes me typically feminine. And I just answered honestly based on how I am most of the time.
Oof. I don’t think I’ll be sharing this with my lady. But I guess this must be the sensitive guy she picked up on that moved us very quickly from first meeting online to waiting until we meet in person (to make sure our relationship is everything we both believe it is) to decide how serious we are. And this all hapened in just 3 months of nothing but messaging online.
So don’t be afraid to let that sensitive side show. The right woman will quickly discover that you’re exactly the man she didn’t even know she has been waiting for all along.
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by Casey Amber Twitchings.
- May 30, 2020 at 8:33 am #347308
- May 29, 2020 at 6:36 am #347114
- May 28, 2020 at 12:59 pm #347013
- May 28, 2020 at 10:06 am #346992
- May 26, 2020 at 7:45 pm #346639Danielle BelleParticipantRegistered On: May 27, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 1 time
I scored a 74% feminine and only 14% masculine. It was a fun little to to see where I actually fell. I would also agree that it is how I truly feel most days. Thank you much!!
- May 22, 2020 at 8:09 am #345608
- May 21, 2020 at 10:01 pm #345483Ann GreenParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 25Has thanked: 90 timesBeen thanked: 51 times
I took the test and came out 75% feminine. That put a smile on my face. It’s one thing to be here by myself and feel that I’m mostly female, but another thing to get an outside opinion agreeing with my inner knowledge. It’s as if someone came into my secret room, listened to me a while and said, “Yes your inner spirit is mostly female.” I once took a similar test that labeled me a demigirl, which was a label that felt warm and right too.
Of course these tests are pretty simplistic and they can’t say anything about the fit of my body with my spirit. I wish gender roles and identities weren’t still so polarized, although I’m glad they’re less polarized than in the past. I do wish that my body underneath the stretchy colorful fabric looked different. I’m just thankful for my inner spirit, my unique identity and a healthy body to move through the world with.
- May 20, 2020 at 1:32 pm #345037
- May 19, 2020 at 1:43 pm #344691
- May 19, 2020 at 1:37 pm #344690
- May 19, 2020 at 11:03 am #344676LES TOLETParticipantRegistered On: June 6, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 20Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 29 times
I TOOK THE TEST AND FOUND I WAS 47% FEMINIE AND 28% MALE DOING THE TEST HELPED ME BECAUSE I’VE ALWAYS THOUGHT I AM 50 50 SO I WAS QUITE SUPPRISED WHEN I LOOKED AT THE ANSWER. SAYING THAT I FEEL BETTER WHEN I’M DRESSED AS A WOMAN.
- May 19, 2020 at 10:50 am #344672Petra JonsonParticipantRegistered On: August 4, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 19Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 46 times
92% masculine and 47% feminine. As I am truly a Type A personality and highly competitive, sounds about right. I’ll just have to retake the test when I’m wearing a super cute dress, lacy bra, silk cami, satin panties, heels, sexy wig, lashes, et al. Hmmm. I’ll probably score 0% masculine and 100% feminine!
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by Petra Jonson.
- May 19, 2020 at 9:14 am #344635
- May 19, 2020 at 5:47 am #344569Regina LoveParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 2 times
- May 19, 2020 at 3:31 am #344542
- May 18, 2020 at 1:54 pm #344403
- May 16, 2020 at 8:13 pm #343925
- May 16, 2020 at 12:10 pm #343854Rachel RavenParticipantRegistered On: April 17, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 70Has thanked: 90 timesBeen thanked: 213 times
I took this test long before I started HRT. I noticed that now I have been on HRT for seven months my score has changed somewhat. I am now 6% masculine and 69% female making me typically female. I was considered typically female before but not with this high a percentage and this low on the masculine scale. Interesting …
- May 16, 2020 at 9:33 am #343823Jaynie RossParticipantRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 4Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 20 times
My test was 61% male 61% female which sort of surprised me. Should I be?
- May 16, 2020 at 6:35 am #343784
- May 15, 2020 at 8:39 am #343580
- May 13, 2020 at 7:50 am #343090Bree HeathParticipantRegistered On: December 29, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 2Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 15 times
- May 13, 2020 at 1:33 am #342996
- May 12, 2020 at 10:32 pm #342985Kim WagnerParticipantRegistered On: December 19, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 4Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 8 times
- May 12, 2020 at 2:28 pm #342921
- May 12, 2020 at 2:04 pm #342910
- May 12, 2020 at 7:58 am #342820
- May 12, 2020 at 5:39 am #342795Helene BockParticipantRegistered On: September 17, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 53Has thanked: 36 timesBeen thanked: 162 times
- May 12, 2020 at 5:30 am #342793Helene BockParticipantRegistered On: September 17, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 53Has thanked: 36 timesBeen thanked: 162 times
Gee! this test makes me confused; 86pc male and 69pc female…was this because I was not dressed and acted as a woman? When out and nicely dressed I am a woman and even drive like one!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 12, 2020 at 4:56 am #342786
- May 11, 2020 at 7:36 pm #342745Birel GalanodelParticipantRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 18Has thanked: 45 timesBeen thanked: 96 times
This makes you extremely feminine.
I’m a bit surprised that it came out so strong on the feminine side. Some of the questions, I was completely sure about, others, not so much. I wonder if someone who knew me well answered the questions about me, how similar the results would have been…
- May 11, 2020 at 5:44 pm #342700
- May 11, 2020 at 1:04 pm #342641
- May 11, 2020 at 12:55 pm #342638
- May 11, 2020 at 12:49 pm #342632Alexis TresseParticipantRegistered On: March 27, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 48Has thanked: 526 timesBeen thanked: 149 times
Masculine: Average (42%)
Feminine: Average (64%)
“This makes you Casually Feminine.”
5 weeks ago with different answers I scored “Casually Masculine.” In that quiz I skipped or answered neutrally “compassionate” and other traits that I didn’t know offhand.
- May 11, 2020 at 11:08 am #342594Jo JettParticipantRegistered On: May 8, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 47Has thanked: 1083 timesBeen thanked: 162 times
84% female 54%male
So deeply in love with my wife of 32 years, she is the same, blessed with 4 wonderful,nearly all grown up children, now I know why I love lingerie on my wife and I so much, why I tear up at sappy movies, why I enjoy the beauty of women and love cuddling with my wife so much.
- May 4, 2020 at 1:30 am #340762
- May 3, 2020 at 2:56 am #340483Stephanie WrightParticipantRegistered On: April 10, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 8Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 13 times
Gender Role Test
Your personality is: 69% masculine and 53% feminine
This makes you Casually Masculine.
- April 30, 2020 at 7:19 pm #339883
- April 29, 2020 at 7:37 pm #339597Mikayla WelshParticipantRegistered On: April 29, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 25Has thanked: 216 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
- April 29, 2020 at 4:51 pm #339574
- April 24, 2020 at 12:02 am #338131Michelle74 GreenParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 44 times
I have just taken the test today after 4 weeks in drab due to the coronavirus lockdown regulations, results are;
resulting in a casual feminine rating, which seems about right at this point in time.
Will retest once I get back into Michelle mode (could be many weeks/months away).
- April 23, 2020 at 10:15 pm #338121ParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 42Replies: 146Has thanked: 3300 timesBeen thanked: 824 times
- April 23, 2020 at 9:35 pm #338118Araminta PurdyParticipantRegistered On: January 23, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 110Has thanked: 168 timesBeen thanked: 298 times
25% M, 58% F What happened to the other 17%? What kinda deal is this?
Am I undecided or in limbo, I can’t decide.
The Ben Sex-role Inventory, which is similar, measures masculinity and femininity not as being on the same scale but as separate, if somewhat similar, ordinates on a graph. For example, being intelligent is neither feminine nor masculine but thinking you are intelligent (whether you are or not) might be an example of masculine hubris. (I am not sure that is a real thing but the point is that the test measures your self-assessment, not whether that assessment is accurate.)
Outside of the mathematical problems of the original model, it is theoretically possible to test 100% feminine and 100% masculine. It could (theoretically) also be 0% and 0%, but I think that means that you are dead and couldn’t answer the items anyway. Your results indicate that you generally tend to be more feminine than masculine but, in some matters, more masculine than feminine.
On drawback is that it does not indicate whether you are gender variant or not. For example, in the original (scored in points on a Likert scale rather than percentages) a differential of less than 10 points was defined as androgynous but if one was gender variant one could score in that range and it would actually mean that, sometimes, you were mostly masculine and, at other times, you were mostly feminine. Assigning your gender as androgynous would be inaccurate as, when one is masculine one would be pretty much wholly masculine and when one is feminine one would be pretty.
So being, say, 25% masculine does not mean that your are necessarily 75% feminine.
- April 23, 2020 at 9:25 pm #338115Genivieve BujoldParticipantRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 40Has thanked: 122 timesBeen thanked: 129 times
I came out 67% masculine, 67% feminine. According to the test, I am androgynous. 😊
- April 23, 2020 at 8:16 pm #338102
- April 23, 2020 at 5:43 pm #338059
- April 23, 2020 at 3:31 pm #338042RosiebethParticipantRegistered On: October 3, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 84Has thanked: 261 timesBeen thanked: 440 times
- April 23, 2020 at 6:02 am #337847
- April 22, 2020 at 12:35 pm #337638Anne-MarieParticipantRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 380Has thanked: 315 timesBeen thanked: 914 times
I got the same results as you. I’m not surprised by my results as I do have lots of femme emotions, qualities and outlooks.
Shame I look like the back side of a bus as it saps my confidence and prevents me from accessing the world in my domenant persona.
If I looked more femme when dressed, Annie would be out and proud much more frequently and perhaps even 24/7/365. Yeah!!! in my dreams.
Take care girls.
- April 22, 2020 at 10:02 am #337590Deanna LundAmbassadorRegistered On: March 28, 2019Topics: 43Replies: 145Has thanked: 325 timesBeen thanked: 335 times
Mine was 58% masculine, 37% feminine with this analysis, “This makes you Undifferentiated-Androgynous.”
However, I found many of the items likely skewed toward antiquated perceptions of feminity. For example: ASSERTIVE? I presume the feminine response would be negative, but isn’t that a discarded notion of feminity?
- April 22, 2020 at 9:34 am #337574
- April 21, 2020 at 12:03 pm #337310
- April 21, 2020 at 11:41 am #337300
- April 21, 2020 at 8:52 am #337264
- April 21, 2020 at 8:37 am #337261
- April 21, 2020 at 6:29 am #337211Bethany DelaneyParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 122Has thanked: 488 timesBeen thanked: 442 times
- April 21, 2020 at 6:13 am #337206
- April 21, 2020 at 5:55 am #337204
- April 21, 2020 at 5:47 am #337202
- April 21, 2020 at 5:39 am #337199
- April 21, 2020 at 5:12 am #337195
- April 21, 2020 at 3:58 am #337172SerenParticipantRegistered On: March 2, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 311Has thanked: 2653 timesBeen thanked: 1317 times
- April 21, 2020 at 4:35 am #337185
- April 21, 2020 at 3:46 am #337171Amanda DuboisParticipantRegistered On: July 17, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 30Has thanked: 62 timesBeen thanked: 86 times
- April 10, 2020 at 6:02 am #333564Kelly WayneParticipantRegistered On: April 8, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 35Has thanked: 581 timesBeen thanked: 150 times
- April 8, 2020 at 1:49 pm #333146BigBangtheoryParticipantRegistered On: January 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 60Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 217 times
The first time I took the test it was 67 M, 68F. Been home because of the stay at home order and dressing more. I guess I am really getting to let Stephanie come out more and it shows. Took the test again and it was 51m and 86F. Stay safe and healthy girls…. Stephanie
- April 8, 2020 at 12:09 pm #333139
- April 7, 2020 at 6:47 pm #333012Bethany DelaneyParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 122Has thanked: 488 timesBeen thanked: 442 times
androgynous and feminine leaning. Which is interesting as my make side which is I’m realizing is more a front to hide the person I really am inside (Bethany) is considered very masculine
- April 7, 2020 at 6:02 pm #333004
- April 2, 2020 at 2:59 pm #331709Alex HillParticipantRegistered On: October 3, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 22 times
I’m not surprised :). As I age and gain more life experience I notice I identify and appreciate traditionally feminine traits more and more. When I was younger my interest was one of curiosity followed by excitement, now I know there’s more to it than that.
- April 2, 2020 at 3:05 am #331523Coral WentworthParticipantRegistered On: July 12, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 60Has thanked: 118 timesBeen thanked: 200 times
- April 2, 2020 at 2:28 am #331518
- March 27, 2020 at 8:25 am #329416
- March 27, 2020 at 8:05 am #329408
- March 27, 2020 at 6:53 am #329395
- March 23, 2020 at 1:09 am #328163AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 16Replies: 154Has thanked: 241 timesBeen thanked: 448 times
So I just retook this and no surprise mu masculinity has remained 14% but my femininity has shot up to 78%. I could have told you that with this test lol
- March 22, 2020 at 7:25 pm #328115Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 949Has thanked: 2222 timesBeen thanked: 2033 times
Every time this thread pops up, I like to do the test. This time I was 75% feminine, 33% masculine, and the conclusion given was typically feminine. Last time it was skewed more towards the female, and the time before, less so. However, the consistent theme is that my feminine side is always quite a bit higher, at least.
Seems that there is no doubt I’m in the right place!
- March 22, 2020 at 6:27 pm #328091
- March 18, 2020 at 2:16 pm #326972Leann ManningParticipantRegistered On: December 6, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 27 times
Myself 52% male 58% female. Making me androgynous which is not a surprise at all. How I look at it is a female brain stuck in a mans body.
Now if I could just find some cute feminine clothes to fit this stocky male body…lol oh well. I’ll just where them in private and pretend they look good on me😊😊😉😉
- March 17, 2020 at 6:26 pm #326816AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 12Has thanked: 85 timesBeen thanked: 48 times
OMG , I’m 0% masculine and 69% Feminine . , I’m extremely Feminine it says , I guess I’m not really to surprised , I woke this am really feeling like a women , Not to be out of line but I was wanting a man , Sorry , Those hormones were up and running , I have not felt like a man myself in a really long time , Partially due to my really small genital size [ Wish IT wasn’t there , Know what I mean. And the rest is mentality / Intellectual . In my panties and Valentine’s Day Leggings all day staying in house due to the Virus. I’m at risk male . 66 y/o
- March 17, 2020 at 3:09 pm #326761Stacey RopkeParticipantRegistered On: February 24, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 16Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
- March 17, 2020 at 2:33 pm #326755
- March 17, 2020 at 2:15 pm #326750Renea DayParticipantRegistered On: February 13, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 33Has thanked: 46 timesBeen thanked: 129 times
- March 17, 2020 at 1:18 pm #326740Mariel BlaineParticipantRegistered On: December 8, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 2Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 14 times
This is up from the first time I took the test. I think seeing the courage and struggles of everyone on here has made it easier for me to let my true self be. And apparently I’m just a big girl.
- March 17, 2020 at 12:25 pm #326731
- March 17, 2020 at 8:01 am #326678
- March 17, 2020 at 7:47 am #326673
- March 1, 2020 at 11:29 am #296050AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 14Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 45 times
My results showed 91 percent feminine! I wish it had been 100!! I am so happy to be in this journey and look so forward with so many soon. I have experienced so many womanly pleasures recently and these experiences have just increased my confidence. Will post pictures soon!!!
- March 1, 2020 at 10:16 am #296040
- February 29, 2020 at 2:47 pm #295848
- February 29, 2020 at 12:22 pm #295821
- February 29, 2020 at 10:36 am #295802
- February 29, 2020 at 9:49 am #295787Shawna LayneParticipantRegistered On: February 29, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 27Has thanked: 74 timesBeen thanked: 93 times
86% feminine…I think it should be high 90’s…but by my answering positively in categories that are typically (although erroneously) identified as more of a male characteristic (assertive, defending one’s position, etc.) probably skewed the results a little bit…BUT by anyone’s measure, I’m female – and loving it!
- February 29, 2020 at 8:22 am #282753Deborah SullivanParticipantRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 198Has thanked: 830 timesBeen thanked: 634 times
- February 29, 2020 at 4:37 am #281294
- February 29, 2020 at 12:09 am #281273Cindy HarperParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 23Has thanked: 73 timesBeen thanked: 53 times
- February 27, 2020 at 4:47 am #280785
- February 26, 2020 at 11:26 pm #280766
- February 26, 2020 at 8:31 pm #280756
- February 26, 2020 at 1:28 pm #280686
- February 19, 2020 at 2:36 am #278796
- February 18, 2020 at 2:35 pm #278624
- February 18, 2020 at 1:26 pm #278604
- February 17, 2020 at 4:15 pm #278398ParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 949Has thanked: 2222 timesBeen thanked: 2033 times
Wow, I just did this again, and I scored the same as Meryl, 19% male, 86% female. This is the highest female ratio I’ve scored, and I done this twice before. My score was always higher in female than male in other two times I did this.
It certainly makes sense, as I do find myself feeling more feminine.
Interesting test, I think it helps a bit to understand why we do what we do, that is dress up to some extent or another.
- February 10, 2020 at 4:08 pm #274837
- February 10, 2020 at 12:26 pm #274770
- February 10, 2020 at 11:10 am #274750
- February 10, 2020 at 8:43 am #274699DianeParticipantRegistered On: August 6, 2018Topics: 20Replies: 187Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 465 times
- February 9, 2020 at 10:43 pm #274578
- February 9, 2020 at 7:14 pm #274569
- February 9, 2020 at 5:59 pm #274550
- February 9, 2020 at 11:53 am #274438Katie CollinsParticipantRegistered On: January 25, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 155Has thanked: 66 timesBeen thanked: 440 times
- February 9, 2020 at 11:17 am #274424Kelly TerryParticipantRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 57Has thanked: 25 timesBeen thanked: 152 times
31% Male and 53% Female
I guess that makes me 84% human and 16% what ?
Done some tests now and then and always end up on the feminine side. I also feel my masculine side is low and I’m happy with that.
This makes you Casually Feminine.
- February 9, 2020 at 7:59 am #274376
- February 8, 2020 at 1:14 pm #274174EricaParticipantRegistered On: January 23, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 8Has thanked: 30 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
- February 8, 2020 at 12:46 pm #274172
- February 8, 2020 at 11:42 am #274167
- February 8, 2020 at 11:00 am #274154Araminta PurdyParticipantRegistered On: January 23, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 110Has thanked: 168 timesBeen thanked: 298 times
Bem’s concepts were a brilliant revision of many initial concepts of gender as applied to human behaviour. Especially important, and since forgotten, is the idea that femininity and masculinity were separate ordinates that when considered together provided a clearer vision of variance as well as of invariance. That is, rather than regarding masculinity and femininity as poles on some spectrum (a concept that is inconsistent with both the underlying features of gender and the basic principles of what a spectrum is), they were seen as separate and roughly measurable scales.
There were flaws in the basic concepts proposed by Bem, mostly mathematical and I’ll not go into that. The first flaw was the difficulty in defining what was masculine behaviour and what was feminine behaviour. Not only was a consensus difficult to reach but that consensus changed with time. This was because gender is a culturally defined concept and was undergoing changes in North American culture at that time.
There was also Bem’s failure to recognize that some people are gender invariant while others were gender variant. The latter case seems to have been confusing to her. She could comprehend that a person could be feminine to a certain degree and simultaneously masculine to a degree creating a ‘position’ on her graphs but not that such a person could be pretty much wholly feminine at times and pretty much wholly masculine at others times. such a person might register as ‘androgynous’ but, in fact, they were not. At least they were rarely actually androgynous at any one time. Cross-dressers, in particular, might seem to fall within the 9-point differential range that would be deemed as androgynous but the conclusion could be misleading. Bem used the term, ‘cross-sexed’, which I find inadequate and even misleading as it was the genders that were being ‘crossed’ (transited, hence transgender) not the sexes, and the implication was that the sexes were being varied.
Another factor that was overlooked was a third axis, or dimension, assessing distribution. For example, the Likert scales used by Bem meant the ‘lowest’ score would be 20-20 (one of the mathematical flaws instead of the usual origin point of 0,0) which essentially mean that a person had no emotions, feeling, desires, etc. Apparently describing someone who was catatonic or a corpse. The number of people who would score 20,20 would be extremely low in terms of assessing human behaviour. Similarly a male scoring 140,0 (highest masculine, no feminine) would be, in my estimation, of questionable mental health and very rare. (That is, no sympathy, empathy, nurturing characteristics, etc.)
In this regards, I think another aspect that was missed was comparing the scores of males and females. This leads to examining the concepts Bem offered in terms of probability curves and venn diagrams, but on a three-dimensional basis rather than a two-dimensional basis. That is probability ‘domes’ that intersect and overlap. One dome would be for masculinity and the distribution of males would fall largely within that dome with the peak being towards the masculine corner. A similar feminine dome of distribution would peak towards the feminine corner. The two domes would overlap with those scoring within that overlapping area, and being gender invariant, defined as androgynous. Again, those who are gender variant would score within this central range but actually, when feminine, would tend to behave largely (a much as possible) as women and when masculine, would perceive themselves and be perceived as men; not androgynous.
Since the 1970s the Bem Sex-role Inventory has largely been misused as a popular (or even professional) gimmick without any further advancement or development. For example, Bem’s work indicated that gender variance, while probably not present in a majority of persons, is not indicative of poor mental health, or of some deviancy, but rather of excellent mental health. Those who are gender variant have the facility to adapt their behaviour and personality to differing situations. Those who are gender invariant, especially when largely fixed into one gender role, often have difficulty adapting, tend to be fixated, disgruntled, frightened and generally abusive. Their reaction to gender variance is often a hostile one that usually indicates a fear that their deeply cherished beliefs are being challenged. Any youth who has attempted to modify their gender and run into an intractable parent is aware of this.
Fundamentally, Bem came up with some fascinating observations and ideas that rectified the errors of earlier researchers but, not only have these observations and ideas not been properly developed and expanded, they have been largely over-looked or misused and the earlier errors grown into pop psychology fads with little critical thought behind them.
- January 26, 2020 at 7:38 am #270129
- January 26, 2020 at 7:25 am #270119BigBangtheoryParticipantRegistered On: January 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 60Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 217 times
- January 26, 2020 at 6:50 am #270103
- January 26, 2020 at 6:46 am #270099
- January 26, 2020 at 4:55 am #270082
- January 25, 2020 at 4:59 am #269857Suzanne MartinAmbassadorRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 49Has thanked: 61 timesBeen thanked: 133 times
- January 25, 2020 at 2:05 am #269837
- January 24, 2020 at 10:26 pm #269779
- January 7, 2020 at 2:15 pm #265312AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 5Replies: 16Has thanked: 88 timesBeen thanked: 95 times
My score came back,
I can see that. I have my ways but over all I do feel very much like a woman some times. I was raised by woman and have always been around woman. I think I was trained to be more lady like then manly.
- January 7, 2020 at 9:00 am #265244
- January 7, 2020 at 8:44 am #265240ParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 42Replies: 146Has thanked: 3300 timesBeen thanked: 824 times
An interesting update. When I took the test in drab I scored 64 fem, 28 male. When I took the test as full Jennifer mindset I scored 89 fem, 0 male. I asked my SO to take the test and she scored 68 male, 89 female. My SO actually scored 40 points higher than me on the male side and when I went full Jennifer we both scored the same. Explains why she is so understanding. I wear dresses and skirts around the house more than she does.
- January 3, 2020 at 7:07 pm #264325Amber JamiesParticipantRegistered On: October 12, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 14Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 45 times
- January 2, 2020 at 8:47 am #263875Lucinda HawknsParticipantRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1135Has thanked: 73 timesBeen thanked: 1003 times
i did not see no test but i would have to say i am 90% feminine and 10% male. for i under dress every day during the winter and dress up every day when no son is at home STILL. if i don;t dress up i am up set i must dress up
- January 2, 2020 at 7:00 am #263842Gisela ClaudineParticipantRegistered On: January 19, 2018Topics: 17Replies: 259Has thanked: 557 timesBeen thanked: 312 times
Thanks for the test. I took it in spanish to minimize confusions but I am sharing my results. I agree with the results. It reflects how I’ve felt since my childhood.
Cinnamon kisses. 💋🧡
- January 2, 2020 at 6:06 am #263826
- December 28, 2019 at 4:27 pm #262407Jamie SweetlyParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 51Has thanked: 199 timesBeen thanked: 164 times
- December 28, 2019 at 6:55 pm #262428ParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 949Has thanked: 2222 timesBeen thanked: 2033 times
I’m dressed as Amy tonight so I did the test again, and came as casually feminine, at 81% feminine and 62% masculine, similar to how I did before.
Which I think describes me reasonably well, as my male side is certainly quite strong as well. It would of been interesting to do this test some years ago, which of course I can’t. Though it would be good to do this again in a year or two to see what the difference is. I’d think my femme side will be stronger.
- December 28, 2019 at 5:28 pm #262414Jamie SweetlyParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 51Has thanked: 199 timesBeen thanked: 164 times
I just read the fine print…Extremely feminine….that does surprise me since I’ve lived and interacted as a straight male most of my life, including athletics and the military. Wow! No wonder I feel anxious and uncomfortable unless I’m in a dress!!
- December 28, 2019 at 8:40 am #262309
- December 25, 2019 at 8:57 pm #261470Charlene VictoriaParticipantRegistered On: November 29, 2016Topics: 17Replies: 79Has thanked: 401 timesBeen thanked: 388 times
I took the test twice. Once dressed as my male persona. The second time I was dressed as myself.
In male mode 75%feminine = high 33% masculine = low
Dressed 78% feminine = high; 31% masculine = low
In both cases it was stated, “this makes you typically feminine.”
I am smiling. How delightful to be gendered properly. If it were only so easy among family and friends.
- December 25, 2019 at 1:58 am #261304
- December 24, 2019 at 10:37 pm #261282Kim WagnerParticipantRegistered On: December 19, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 4Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 8 times
- December 24, 2019 at 10:29 pm #261280DeDee DemoreParticipantRegistered On: May 18, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 14Has thanked: 249 timesBeen thanked: 43 times
A pleasant surprise 53% feminine 25% masculine. I’m sure that score was flipped 18 months ago before I decided to get into crossdressing and stopped ignoring the women within. I hope to get my score to 75% feminine 25% mas. I think that would be a nice balance. Thanks for posting the gender test Jennifer it helped me know I’m on the right path.
- December 24, 2019 at 7:37 pm #261251
- December 24, 2019 at 9:22 am #261119Boots DevilleParticipantRegistered On: November 20, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 22Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
Ho-lee-crap… I spend all my time out of the confines of my house as my male self. I work and succeed in a male dominated profession (construction). I scored 78% female to 22% male. Test called me out as a female! Makes me think there is something in my brain that is overwhelmingly more feminine… something to ponder.
- December 22, 2019 at 8:03 pm #260683
- December 19, 2019 at 10:00 am #259842MelissaParticipantRegistered On: November 7, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 112Has thanked: 869 timesBeen thanked: 233 times
- December 19, 2019 at 5:03 am #259800
- December 18, 2019 at 7:30 pm #259753DeLoraParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 53Replies: 271Has thanked: 832 timesBeen thanked: 1340 times
65% male, 58% female, undifferentiated-androgenous…
I took a different test that pegged me (no pun intended) as a feminin male.
So, whatever… Both kind of give the results that confirm what I already know about myself.
- December 18, 2019 at 7:12 pm #259747Brenda ParkhurstParticipantRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 21Has thanked: 23 timesBeen thanked: 81 times
- December 15, 2019 at 5:29 am #258790Anne PreussParticipantRegistered On: December 13, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 460Has thanked: 702 timesBeen thanked: 884 times
I took this test with two different perspectives. As my male drab self…I scored 72% masculine (high) and 39% feminine (average). I then responded per my characteristics, my tendencies as Anne…how I truly act/behave when I am Anne (when I am my happiest) and I scored 14% masculine (very low) and 69% feminine (high). Is it any wonder I wish I was in a better position to transition MtF.
- December 14, 2019 at 10:31 pm #258723Mariel BlaineParticipantRegistered On: December 8, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 2Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 14 times
- December 14, 2019 at 12:58 pm #258609
- December 14, 2019 at 10:55 am #258577
- December 14, 2019 at 8:09 am #258550
- December 13, 2019 at 8:37 pm #258388
- December 12, 2019 at 3:05 pm #257907
- December 12, 2019 at 1:59 pm #257897
- December 12, 2019 at 5:48 am #257792
- December 11, 2019 at 9:27 am #257583
- December 10, 2019 at 6:41 pm #257447Brenda LynnParticipantRegistered On: November 10, 2015Topics: 2Replies: 16Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 110 times
- December 10, 2019 at 4:27 pm #257418
- December 10, 2019 at 2:48 pm #257387
- December 9, 2019 at 10:15 pm #257174
- December 9, 2019 at 3:40 pm #257110ParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 42Replies: 146Has thanked: 3300 timesBeen thanked: 824 times
- December 8, 2019 at 9:36 pm #256809Michelle LaFemParticipantRegistered On: June 21, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 20Has thanked: 90 timesBeen thanked: 66 times
69 female, 67 Male which was undifferentiated androgynous. Perfect for me in summation, but if I took the test as Michelle the results would most likely been very high female and very low male. This is because my personality and demeanor change whenever I’m dressed in fem. Maybe that is why I love the softer side of me so much, and at times the male side makes me a tad uncomfortable. I’m never uncomfortable as Michelle, NEVER!!!!
- December 8, 2019 at 9:20 pm #256806
- December 8, 2019 at 9:08 pm #256801Kayla TaylorParticipantRegistered On: November 2, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 4Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 6 times
I wasn’t surprised, I guess. 92% feminine. I heard it all my life. Why do you carry your hands that way? Heard it from my parents and heard it from my wife. Why are you worried about that person? Why did you help so and so?
- December 8, 2019 at 8:53 pm #256799ChloeCParticipantRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 151Has thanked: 257 timesBeen thanked: 474 times
- December 8, 2019 at 8:23 pm #256795