• This topic has 29 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 25 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls 🙂 . Make up! now i know this is a great area for some and a nightmare for others. Practice makes perfect, so how good would you say you are? can you just do the bare minimum? or are you an expert? my guess, average…..

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

Hi Fiona!

I know enough to be dangerous. So I selected average. Definitely not an expert.

Gaby 💜

Hi Gaby, now i find that hard to believe! i always thought of you as a make up guru!! 🙂

Fee xxx

Anonymous

I know enough to do my own Fiona. And still learning everyday. Always something more to learn about

i would say my make- up skills aare average.i know a little more than average. If you can go to Claire’s & get the clear glasses they set your profile off real good.

Marianne
      Ambassador

I Think I am better than average so chose expert, though the step inbetween is huge. I started experimenting many years ago and felt confident enough to go out en femme for my first time in 2012. Have since taken some lessons to improve my skills and also had a professional make over and photo shoot at Model House Stockholm in 2016. I’m presently being more and more challenged from having Parkinson’s, but am till doing good enough to be out and about.

Anonymous

Hello Fiona

I would say I’m in between a novice and average. I have a ways to go, but my GF has helped with pointers, new products, and even application.  She has made the comment several times.. “I think that was the best your make up has looked” so I guess I’m making progress.

Chelly

I have been putting on complete makeup for only a week but I’ve made great strides. Foundation and concealer, illuminator, blush color, eyebrows, mascara, lipstick.  My neighbor has a salon so she’s going to give me some pointers.  A long way to go.

Looks as though I am on my own as I do not wear make-up.  Love the clothes.

Any one else out there the same as me.

Davina

Emily
      Lady

Average for me. I wear light applications of neutral shades most days for work. I can “glam” when going out, but it takes time.

Practice makes perfect they say, and I so enjoy the practicing.💄👄😉

Anonymous

Hi Fiona—for me, I put average……………..NOT b’cause I feel average, damn, I’m an expert !!!  But, the problem with that is the only people who’ve witnessed my glam is my wife and that hot sexy and very beautifully extreme over-the-top starlet in the mirror !!!

Then, the moment I’m filled with thoughts of ” I’m the Best’—20 following gals will deeply humble me with THEIR skills !!!

I’m not a less is better woman……..in fact………..as I’ve said before, I’m totally on the other side of the universe………

Complete moisturizer, NYX color wheel correctors, primer, cover eyebrows, contouring, highlighting, eye primer, cut crease creation, eyebrow drawing, under eyebrow highlighting, liquid eyeliner, eye shadows, blended from three colors……translucent powder, blush, eyelash’s *maybe two on top, singles on outside bottoms, more highligther under eyes, over line lips AFTER exfoliating lips, fill in lips with stain or color, apply glass glaze over color, highlight center of top bottom lip, then finishing powder, finishing spray.

I must have 30 brush’s……..most are MAC…………..must have 30 eyeshadow singles from MAC–tend to light darker shades and whiter highlighters………..

Have learned hidden secret in blending……..this is key !!!  Also, have learned how to use a make up brush………watch’d plenty of videos on that subject.

For ME, it’s tedious work—-but—when wife says to do the glam—I don’t need to be told twice  !!

AS for a lesser look, one for casual daytime……………..NEVER done it………..

Expert—NO—but ONE SERIOUS student still………….how could any of us call themselves an EXPERT………..oh wait……..I know one……………..lives in a dreamhouse……….ohhh that’s mean !! Sorry…….real sorry………

Mikki

gee–totally forgot the foundation part—I use a cull coverage MATTE foundation………gee, how ignorant !!

Blimey Mikki, forget expert! i would put you in the makeup guru class! 🙂

Fiona xx

Anonymous

Thanks–coming from you humbles me very much……….I simply have watched WAY TOO many videos on drag makeup transformations…………have completely foregone those for normal women……..guess people ARE a product of their  searching !!!  that….and the fact I am a total night-stalker !!!!  No make-up during the day so far………..and I’m a sucker for new stuff haven’t tried before……….

I try very hard to be just short of campy-clown drag—I try to be very alluring and enticing………and it’s ALL on purpose !!!

Mikki

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Fiona, I am very comfortable putting on makeup and I’d say my skills are pretty average. I am one of those lucky CDs who can pass without wearing any makeup.  So I don’t usually wear too much (except when I glam it up). I’ve had a “baby” face my whole life, very few wrinkles, no Adam’s apple, and very little facial hair.  I’ll be 65 in a few months.  I do use moisturizer twice a day and lip balm.  When it comes to makeup, it is usually just eyeliner, eyeshadow, a dab or two of concealer, very very light use of foundation (if any) and finished off with powder and lipstick.  Putting on makeup for me takes about 10 to 15 minutes. Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Hi Fiona I’m a complete novice i can just about put my lipstick on and that’s it, i would love to learn more about putting my make-up on what foundation to use and eye liner and all the other stuff x

Anonymous

If you are in the dc area elizabeth taylor is fantastic.  She does all my special events

Anonymous
      Lady

There is an old saying…. No matter how much lipstick you put on a pig, it’s still a pig! Well ladies I have troweled on concealers, primers, durma blend, foundations, powders and heaven knows what else in my 30+ years of dressing in public and I can say I have at least improved. I have even done makeup for others. Now that being said, I think I do pretty good for myself but on the spectrum of how good I actually am, the reality is my 14 yo daughter could probably give me a run for my money and my 18 yo niece could whip my posterior without breaking a sweat. So somewhere between incompetence and maestro. Hows that for a range?

🐷C

I have only been doing it seriously for about 5 months so still practicing. The first problem is the shave then the primer and foundation. If I can get those right I feel more confident about the rest. I use a five blade razor and prepare the skin with heat and a moisturiser and shaving foam. It really is tedious but worth it if I can get the effect I want.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Fair to poor

Anonymous

Average as compared to just this site’s users, or average among all who use makeup worldwide?  If the former I’d be trying to get up to average.  If the latter I’d still be wearing the dunce’s hat!

This was actually a really hard one to self-rate on.  I find my instincts and artistic vision to be on the stronger end of the spectrum, my actual execution on the weaker.  Definitely I can find 90,000 things to fault every time I put it on… but overall when I look at the photographic evidence and the comments I get from (hopefully) impartial friends the end result seems to work.  So… artiste/hack/average?  If that makes sense?

Anonymous

I would like to say average, as I’m not really a novice – I know the basic ideas and makeup fundamentals, and I apply makeup confidently and really enjoy doing it – but compared to most women, I know really haven’t got the hang of it yet!

Many moons of daily practice required, I think!

Love Laura

Where’s the “Like a 4 year ould with fingerpaints” option? that’s about my level.

I have no facial make-up skills at all and haven’t bought any make-up yet either. On 5/25/19 a private friend did a full make-up application on me. Also on 7/27/19, I had a full make-up application done at Ulta Beauty for a semi-private special event. I loved both results. I want to learn to do my own make-up. However since I don’t live my life as a woman or go out in public dressed en fem, I’ve put make-up lessons lower on my priority list.

Anonymous

Still a work in progress…foundation got that down along with concealer. Mascara, no problem here either, as a matter of fact I LOVE mascara. Bronzer yep no problem. Eye shadow getting better. Eye liner, still putting my eye out at times. My lipstick goes on smooth and looks very passable on me. YouTube is a godsend for learning tricks of the trade. I will admit I love makeup. Most of the time I just go basic. Moisturizing facial cream followed by primer and then translucent power. Press it in then concealer and a light foundation. Then tinted power followed by a little bronze along the cheek, mascara and lipstick. And a quick few squirts of setting spray. I love light pink lipstick and natural colors and I like putting a clear lip gloss on top. I wear this just about all the time no matter where I am going or what I am doing. It’s not heavy and looks very natural on me. And it takes no time to do.

Anonymous

I absolutely love makeup but am just average.  As you say, practice makes perfect and I love to practice.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Good enough for me in private. And have been told so by the makeup artist who taught me

But wont “go public”(and post photos) unless my make up has been done by a  pro

Caty

I said I was average because I can do eyeshadow line and mascara  daytime look with both eye looking  the same  under about 30 min. give or take 5 min. but do I get bonus points for braiding  my own ponytail

Anonymous

Skills? What skills? I know what I need to learn, but that’s about all. Now, if I had only waited one more day to answer, it MIGHT have been different. First makeup session at Ulta, and I can hardly wait for it to happen.

Anonymous

That’s too funny Tiffany.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?