Viewing 23 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Ok girls, a serious topic now and one which i fear for many, will be classed as a swear word… exercise!

Are you a gym freak? or a couch potato? maybe you are somewhere in between, what ever it is, tell us!!

As we age, the importance of keeping fit and eating healthy becomes more and more important, remember its not just the inner you that benefits, its your skin too!! beauty is within…..

Fiona xx

I’ve used a Keto diet with intermittent fasting and 1 hour brisk walks or the treadmill. The problem I have like many other people is sticking with it.

Anonymous

I’m a triathelete who works out 6-7 days a week depending on races. So very much a workout fanatic.

I think my health is OK for my age. Not all the choices fit my routine. I do run around 1.5 miles (use to run 2.5 to 3 but cut back in fear of knee issues) 5 days a week and have designed a workout for my Core Body which I do at home versus going to a gym. I don’t have time to spend driving to and from a gym because of where I live. My regular and daily diet is good but I have no problems eating something that would be considered BAD for your health-it’s all about moderation.

I would say that my cross-dressing played a good percent in my decision to do this and feel overall that my fem side has contributed positively to my overall health and well being.

Sandy

50 minute 10k today, sun on my face, benefit of losing some speed as I get older is I now find myself more and more surrounded by good looking women in Lycra, not a chore ! Wish I had the confidence just to wear a pair of fabletics leggings. Run all year so I guess the chore is running through the dark cold snowy windy winter, but days like today make it worthwhile. Train hard to race easy.

Love

B

My work is very physical (building) and at my age of almost 60 that is enough exercise for me. I feel strong and fairly fit so I am content.

Anonymous
      Lady

Fiona I marked other among my list. I do calisthenics stretches and about 3-4 miles of power walking workout videos every day. I have lost over 50 lbs and try to keep fit trim and feminine very hard. I think it has helped me greatly in presenting as a woman. I now wear a 6 skirt and a 10/12 blouse.

🍷C

Wow Carolyne,

50 pounds is awesome,

you are so cute

Do you diet or just exercise?

Patty

Anonymous
          Lady

Patty

Sorry so long responding I never saw the question. 🤪. I don’t necessarily “diet” but I do try to be conscious of what I eat. I stay away from the fried appetizers and breads at the beginning of a meal and usually don’t order any of the “large” sized plates. Desserts are my kryptonite. I LOVE chocolate, especially dark chocolate and have to be very careful (read lots of self control) when it comes to not being a chocolate piggie!  I also try to stay away from what I call grazing, which is grabbing potato chips or junk throughout the day. And last… I try to not eat after dinner or eat late dinners. Take care and eat healthy!

🍷C

Diet is critical imho. It’s so unfair that spaghetti and lasagna add pounds lol. I think it’s healthier to stay slender anyway, avoid blood pressure and diabetes, other issues.

I do exercises at home, and follow POP SUGAR videos on the PC. I walk a lot, and ride a mountain bike.

Seems like it gives me more energy.

Anonymous

I try to eat healthy and I’m an active person. I can’t sit still for too long I get bored. I run a small lawn/pool care business and do handyman jobs too. We also have 4 kids, all grown and seven grandkids, so we do some kid watching. I’m retired but I’ve had people say I have a funny idea what retirement is,

Emily
      Lady

Another fun question Fiona! As it turns out, the career I just retired from (a week ago) was gym owner. I owned 2 Fitness franchises. Just sold both of them. I eat a primarily plant based diet and workout 4 days a week. Once I became serious about my cross dressing, my workouts changed from muscle building to toning and shaping. It’s a tough balance to achieve, but I feel I look better in a skirt and top than I do in jeans and t-shirt now. Also, don’t skip leg day if you want those killer calves and glutes!

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I do love to ride a bicycle, but also I have a larger rural property with quite a bit of yard work, and trees to work on, as well as repairing vintage cars.

As I am going through my 60’s, I’m getting more and more health conscious, I’ve lost weight, and have cut out most bread and related carbs. A recent medical has confirmed that I’m doing the right thing, though I must admit, it isn’t always easy.

Amy

Hi Amy, my wife is on the Keto diet, cutting out carbs, taking in protien and healthy fats, she is diabetic and for the first time in ages, she has got her sugar levels well under control, it seems to work!! well done on lokking after yourself! 🙂

Fiona xxx

Kyle Eve
      Lady

I have a friend (sometimes no so sure) that is a personal trainer and yoga instructor. She has built a work out plan for me. I also run 5 miles a day usually early in the morning  and on weekends will ride 10 miles. I have just started paddle board yoga.

Oh, so compared to many, you’re an over achiever! lol, just kidding, good for you….literally! I admire your dedication.

A few years before I accepted and began exploring my feminine side in 2016, I’d gained weight to 214 pounds. I’d never weighed that much. I changed my diet and eating habits and did a little bit of home fitness dvds. By spring 2016, I weighed 190. Over the next two years, I lost another ten pounds. I now weigh 170 and I will maintain that weight. I also don’t have any health issues, so I don’t take any medications.

Hi Fiona,

Seven years ago I was 235 pounds and now am down to 175.  I do try to walk  every day and take multi vitamins and other supplements and drink plenty of water.

Alice

Running on a regular basis for over 40 years.

24 marathons
      75 or 80 half marathons(EVERYONE knows their count)

Currently running between 20 and 25 miles per week. Life weights 3 times a week.

Hopefully, keep going till the end.

I know I need to do more because my current path is a quick sprint to an early grave. I don’t know what I need to do to motivate myself but a trip to the emergency room shouldn’t be it.

Anonymous

Since retiring my diet has changed for the better. I don’t know the weight change but have gone from a size 22/24 to size 16/18. I read labels when shopping and do everything to reduce sugar and sodium in any products I buy and cook much more at home. October 2018 I had a knee replacement and that jumped started me walking a lot once again. I love to walk and that also has helped my weight reduction along with now using a stationary bike. My weight loss is slow but that’s how I want it to be, I think losing slower has a better chance of losing more in the long run. There is nothing like the feel of slipping on a dress from my closet and it hangs on my frame.

Carla

I workout a fair amount! I try to eat well,and stay away from fatty foods!

Anonymous

As a life long vegetarian, I eat loads of fruit, veg and grains.

I find time for walks, especially when my back plays up (I have a condition from before birth which means I suffer big time on the odd occasion I get a slipped disc – and the chances of me having one are high for the same reason, hence the walks!).

Other than that, I have no time for gym, thanks to kids, but get plenty of exercise for the same reason, so it balances out.

I also do as much gardening as I can fit in (carefully, because of the back!), so natural exercise with something real to show for it.

Gardening is the world’s slowest performance art by humans, and it’s satisfying when guests comment!

Oddly enough, and I am sure it’s linked, since coming out to my wife and getting proper Laura time, I have had way fewer colds and minor illnesses than I used to.

Love Laura

J J
      Lady

To be honest I don’t have any regular routine or diet. I can’t stand routine. That said, I am pretty fit, resting heart rate of 45 Bp 110/60 and typically with 10 lbs of my ideal weight. I run, swim, bike, wlak, hike, lift, climb, ski, drink beer and red wine, eat a reasonably good diet including some pasta,  I am Italian after all, but nothing in excess. I have no issue with eating meat, but try not to eat too much of anything.

I may die tomorrow,  but I doubt it will be a lifestyle issue, more likely getting hit by a bus or caught in an avalanche. One can never rule out cancer as healthy people often get the big C as well. In the mean time, I am going to enjoy life. I think I will have glass of wine.

I eat quite a bit of veggies and fruit and I get my exercise size at work, generally walking around 2 miles a day and walking up and down ladders all day.

I try to eat as healthy as I can and at work I probably spend 4 hours of my shift walking, and not slowly either.  I can actually walk the outside rounds just as fast as using the patrol car, but that’s because I can shortcut and cut corners, so it is rather brisk.  I also use the stairs more then the elevator to get from one floor to the others.

I will be starting back to the gym in the next couple of weeks.  I have just passed the 18 month mark for my last cancer surgery.  Saw my surgeon last Monday and he gave me the okay to start back, but do it slowly.  Both of the main surgeries left my abdominal muscles quite wea, and were opened almost from my pubic bone to my sternum and it has taken a while for the tissue to bond and get strong enough for more exercise.

PaulaF

Stevie65
      Lady

I do not go to the gym or work out. I am an outdoors person. I have 2 dogs I walk and play with  I am always busy in the garden or doing something. I hunt fish and trap. Trapping is more work than both and keeps me walking and busy. I am 54 when I go to the doctors they ask me any diabetes or this or that or on prescriptions…. I say none at all. I watch what I eat and I eat what I look at!!!!!!! Lol. I am more weight conscious now and looking to lose some weight.

When I was younger, I discovered I was good at distance running.  After a chaotic childhood spent with a father who belittled me, to receive the positive feedback I did with my running accomplishments in high school, college and into my young adult years, was just an emotional narcotic.  Time and effort put into running only masked the pain inside.   I was so self absorbed with the running, eventually running a 2:31:06 marathon, that I missed out on so many other things that I should have pursued.  While the running has been good for my physical health and led me to a life of relatively good physical fitness, I was a mental wreck within.  Empty pursuits of career and family only delayed the inevitable realization that I have been living a false life, when I should have been reaching within to release the woman inside me.

Life on the road in sales led me to be somewhat overweight.  When I retired in 2016 and had the time to reflect on what I am and wished I were, I found myself wanting/needing to transform myself and be closer to being this woman.  So I changed up my diet and the way I pursue weightlifting.  Gone for the most part are the breads and pasta.  Incorporated are now fresh vegetables, fruit and protein in the form of fish and chicken.   Some red meat but not a lot.  In almost two years now, I have gone from 182 pounds to 150 pounds.  My goal is to get to 145.   I changed from heavy weights to light weights with more repetition for muscle tone…not muscle bulk.  I now have a more womanly slender waistline and my arms are more slender like a woman…just wish I had more of the ass and hips to match.

Being older at 62 yo, vitamins are important since as we age, it gets tougher for the body to absorb the nutrients it needs to be healthy.  So daily intake of D3, B vitamins, biotin for nails and skin, glucosomine for joint health…are all now part of the daily regimen.

So I guess I am healthier now for embracing my Anne, my inner woman, but I sure needed to “fix” my mental health to get where I am.  I only wish I had done this in my 20’s and not waited until I was 60.

Anonymous

Hi Bobbi , light weights with high reps should help tone specific areas – Les Mills style training. My wife and I do it to stay in shape & tone , it’s not building muscle on me ( I’ve had that before ) it’s totally shaping for me  xx Tiff

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?