• This topic has 73 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 29 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Okay…have i gone mad, maybe…and any new girls tuning in…yes, this is still crossdresser heaven!!!….do not adjust your set!!!

If you are sitting at home on cdh, look up!!!…why are our ceilings so high…. I’m 5’8″…why is my ceiling 9 feet high…..i understand the door is 6’6″…but thats big enough….heat rises and i am paying to heat 3′ above my head???…for frickin spiders…

Change a bulb or clean cobwebs i need steps…

Is it just England or are you American/ Canadian girls paying to keep spiders in the manner they are used to…( Its okay Krista, i know you live in an igloo..curved ceiling…nice…haha)

Now, if all that space above my head could be removed, and put on the side of my flat….. more wardrobes!!!

Yay….its okay, i am now taking my medication….( Jd…one bottle every four hours)….

i bet this post is not a repeat 😂😂

Love you, grace❤️❤️

Anonymous

hey grace can relate here in America I have 10ft ceilings in my home Oh as long as those little critters stay in their space its good. lol. But can be pain changing out lights or replace ceiling fans.

I think it was a standard height meant to accommodate light fixtures. (and probably bouffant hair-dos.)

Araminta.

Anonymous

Me “I need a new flat”….

Advisor…” do you wear your hair up??”

priceless Araminta xx

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Grace…………yes……..I hear you girl………..I’m 5.2………..maybe I should put my chair ON my computer table to be closer to the heated area???  The thought of paying energy bills so spiders can keep warm and toasty…………I need to take my meds too.  It’s still cool outside…………..and I would like to wear short skirts while on CDH.   Yeah, such wasted  “closet” space…………………I could use that space to romp around being a pretty girl!! Lockdown is making us crazy! Need more meds?  Delaware is wearing a sweater………..probably feels like a rolled up sleeping bag!!  k

Anonymous

Karley….

You have made this girl cry with laughter… you’re wonderful, and Delaware…i cant stop laughing…thank you darlings xxx

karley delaware
          Baroness - Annual

kisses  Gracie……….GOOD MORNING!!!!!!  karley and Deli

Anonymous

The average American home has 8’ ceilings, because builders use the standard 8’ 2×4 for wall studs ( the more expensive the home, the higher the ceilings). I can reach up to an 8’ ceiling and lay my hand flat

Anonymous

Wow….the future…we need your builders here…!!

Anonymous

Here in NZ the average ceilig height is 8′ any lower and I’d be smacking my head on lightshades and that would drive me mad indeed. My main bugbear is lack of storage space, the idiot who designed this house seemed to feel that one wardrobe per room was enough!

The loft space would be ok – if I was about 2′ tall and I have a garage but Siri seems to like her little house so I am reluctant to evict her. What’s a girl to do?

Spacially challenged Diana.

Anonymous

My darling…the thought of you stumbling around in your loft with a torch and a tape measure ….in stockings and heels measuring your roof space is almost too much to take…haha…i so love you xxxx         grace

Anonymous

Lovey, I’m not risking my stockings up there! My knees would have been around my chin and I’d have snagged my panties on the rafters, duckwalking down the main beam in heels and a skirt – what a thought!! No I had a man in to look at re-insulating the roof space recently and he measured it with his ‘laser’ (Dr Evil would have loved that) and declared it too low to have anyone working in there (well Duh!) so that was that.

Love your overactive imagination though Diana 💋

Diana… that should read

Metrically challenged Diana!

I’ll have a packet of ten eggs please, Polly

Hi Grace,

Hope you’re not afraid of spiders.

Alice

I never thought about it that way but my 8 foot ceilings are less of a spider welfare state! LOL Thanks for the laugh and good thought about the energy bills!

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Vecca Senn. Reason: spelling
        Anonymous

Vecca….8 foot ceilings…. gosh, in England thats a hobbits house!!!!

Anonymous

Grace,

Have you thought of a pair of stilts? You would be warmer and can smash those spiders with a rolled up newspaper. I can see you now in high heels on stilts with a glass of JD in one hand. Watch out for that ceiling fan!

Anonymous

Thanks Eva…

Another good call….

Not sure about stilts, hate to get my hair caught in the ceiling fan.

i love curly hair, but it may damage the electrics….sparkys are expensive!!

Huggs, grace xx

Anonymous

Grace the last thing you need is to have your head near the ceiling overheating in the hot air up there – your imagination is wild enough already!

Di.

Hi Grace

Surely the height of the ceiling is directly proportional to the heels that you are wearing at the time 😂

Anonymous

Great answer!!!

So if i wear heels… I’m higher so I’m warmer!!!…

Works for me

Hothead grace xx

Head in the clouds usually means being rained on… moisture wise!

🌧⛈🌩☔️💦

Anonymous

Well after reading your post, I lay down on the floor and had a good look at my ceiling. Yep I can confirm it’s my ceiling and I have measured it and it’s 8ft high. My first house I bought with my wife, she wanted the bedroom painted pink, yes ceilings too. I was fabulous for six months, then it began to really bug both of us to point of regret, it was just too much pink. Yeah I have spiders too, I tend to catch and throw them out, but I am positive I have thrown the same one out a dozen times now,so it’s become a game of hide and seek and the spider is really good at it too. Any lower Grace and you wouldn’t be able to toss pancake would you. 

Anonymous

Only 8 ft…. I’m impressed…

I love pink….spiders really show up on pink walls….unless they wear pink onesies….then its tough…. xx

Anonymous

Ah the old onesies trick, I found out their little game when my walls were pink Grace, they thought I wouldn’t  notice that they were wearing pink onesies so  I painted the walls white one day, they were not expecting that I can tell you. Completely snookered them. 

Anonymous

Spiders in pink onesies Grace? Time to put the cap back on the JD thinks I…

Di

What on earth made you lie on the floor, Amanda? 🍾🥂🍷???

Purrrfect Polly

Anonymous

Vodka

Oh, dear… that would do it! “Ohhh, why are my legs pissed? I feel great otherwise!”
            Billy Connelly after drinking pints of Zombie cocktails! Or was it Crème de Menthe?

‘Plumbing’ the depths now… Polly 🤢

Anonymous

Fond memories….

I do remember friends of mine got the renown builders ” Fitzpatrick and sons”… Dublin’s finest, to do some work for them..anyway, after a night on the Guinness, they turned up monday morning to knock two rooms into one….but had the architects drawings sideways….my friends came home a week later… they had a twenty three foot high ceiling….

and no bloody bedroom!!!!

Smiles, grace ❤️

Anonymous

Sounds like Mr O’Reilly’s crew from Fawlty Towers, bet you one  was named ‘Spud’.

Hi Captain Grace…

I have 8′ ceilings here. I’m 5’6 so trying to hit those things is a little difficult… You should use your broadsword instead of a newspaper though…

Love and hugs, Stephanie 💖

Anonymous

Lucky you steph…..i look up and i can see the bloody…..crows nest…xx

Aye Captain Grace… must be huge up there!!! 😂

Lieutenant Stephanie 💖

I am in America. Where I live is an older home, maybe about 100 years. It was originally a single family, 2 story, 3 bedroom house that was split into an up and down duplex. During the remodel they lowered the ceiling from 10 feet to 8 with a suspended drop ceiling. That means all my spiders have their own home, out of sight. I had to pop a ceiling tile out to change the smoke detector, it was not a pretty sight.

The other interesting part of the remodel was the bathroom (water closet for those of you in other lands). The upstairs portion of the house had the full bathroom with only a toilet downstairs. Instead of expanding the existing one they built a second complete bathroom and left the old one intact. It has now become a storage room although I like to tell people I have a one bedroom – two bath home. I have lots of room for Beth’s clothes, but this has a drawback also: she is spending too much!

Beth

Hi Grace as here in the states some of us would love to have the 9 FT ceilings as this 8 FT is a little close to just bumping my head with heels on .. Then the spiders mostly stay outside during the summers but they like the warmth of heaters in winter and hang around the windows looking out for the snow to leave so they can go out and play  some more he he ..  And the Spiders if you give them a little taste of JD they make some real pretty web pictures kind of doodleing around the windoes he he a drunk spider ha ha and dont have a tissey Miss Grace it only takes a pin size drop to watch the fun he he ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

[postquote quote=459076]
      always get the trusty shotgun lol might hit one or few spiders  then will have a instant skylight haha

Anonymous

[postquote quote=459094]
      Reminded me of those old cartoons think one was Tom and Jerry lol. 😁

Hi Grace ,

we built a house here in the states in Ky about a year and  a half ago. its a ranch with an open floor plan similar to our old house that had a high vaulted ceiling.About 11 ft at the peak.

In this new house we determined no vaults but to make it feel open we would have to put in 9 ft ceilings.

I believe the standard is 8 ft in most new homes .

so I guess we are heating the freakin spiders too.LOL

Hugs Patty

Hey Grace.
      I have three houses. I have a trailer home at the lake with 8 foot ceilings. The house that I am at most of the time was built in the 80’s and it has eight foot ceilings. I built the shop and it has 10 foot ceilings. The house that my wife and kids stay at during school was built in the 30’s. It has 9 foot ceilings upstairs but the basement only has 7 foot ceilings.
      I don’t really mind the spiders if they don’t bite me. They keep the little flying things down. If one happens to bite me I am allergic and kill them all. Probably only bite me when I dust and destroy their home.  I don’t dust like I should. The little sugar ants that try to invade don’t get the same treatment. I hit them with a homemade spray and they have not been back. It is going on three years now with one spray and they have never been back.
      Take your medicine and report later 😘

❤️
      Octavia.

Trisha
      Duchess

#lovethyfellowspiders #dontbeahater

🕷 are people too.

😃

Trisha

Anonymous

Trisha….

I dont dislike spiders, if i catch one i usually safely evict it….

They do a good job….

but preferably outdoors!!

Anonymous

watch out spider coming down lol

Mostly 8 foot ceilings. The entry hall has a 17 for ceiling. Ask me how I know…ok, thanks I’ll tell you! I just spent several hours over three days on top of a 12 foot Scaffold changing out the original light with a chandelier we bought when we bought the house…8 years ago. Then once that was up, now we can see in there… oh look, we need to repaint the whole entry hall with a new color scheme! I had to evict every single spider in there to repaint, poor dears. And at this time of year, too. Well, did put in LED lights so hopefully won’t have to change the bulbs for at least a few years. Now I hurt in places I didn’t know I had! I was thinking about posting about this escapade, and you gave me the perfect thread all ready made, thanks Grace! By the way, six inch platform wedge heels make great additions for reaching up whilst painting!

Bridgette…clearly I’ve found the rum

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

The place I live has high vaulted ceilings – about 18′ at the peak.  We don’t bother with the spiders….too much trouble getting rid of them.  Birds are a different story.  They get in sometimes when we leave the patio door open.  Squeaky The Cat goes berserk whenever it happens.  It’s total chaos.  The bird being terrorized by Squeaky.  2 humans trying to catch Squeaky and coax the bird out the open door.  Bird poop everywhere.  Yes, terrified birds poop a lot.  Cleaning it off furniture really sucks.

Anonymous

What a video that would make!!!

Haha xx

Anonymous

It’s mostly architecture regulations. Doors have to be a certain height, and ceilings must be at least 6 inches higher than the top of the door frame from what I remember. I’m 6 ft even, but with a 7.25 ft wingspan, I can touch the ceiling in most houses.

I’m good with 10′ ceilings but ours slopes up to the second floor.  The gas fireplace is under the short end which mean most heat goes straight up along the ceiling and to the upstairs.  I added a fan to mount under the mantle and we have a ceiling fan but it is still a waste.  And the extra room(s) or wardrobes we could have in that space would be great.

Now I don’t worry about any cobwebs 18-20′ up in the corners because I just can’t see them. But occasionally the big ladder comes in to clean the ceiling fan and I’ll get it all.

Grace! You never fail to amuse (bouche)!

In Japan all the ceilings are lower ‘cos the people are shorter! Went to a department store in Singapore and the ceilings there were for the Japanese shoppers to feel more comfortable whereas I just felt like a giant! Here in NZ we have a standard 2.4 metre stud in newer houses as the plasterboard are of a set size 2.4 x 1.2m.

There… ‘short’ and sharp! ❤️ Polly

Anonymous

Look, he’s crawling up my wall

Black and hairy, very small

Now he’s up above my head

Hanging by a little thread

Boris, the spider

Anonymous

Who????….

haha xx

Emily,
        Great reference! Who would have thought this thread could weave itself to include lyrics from The Ox (or Thunderfingers if you prefer). Thanks for the smile.
        Luv, Cindy

Anonymous

Cindy.

These threads go ……anywhere..

hope i die before i get old!!!

Pinball grace xx

Anonymous

When doing some home improvements i knocked two rooms into one.

I now have the highest ceiling in town

Anonymous

[postquote quote=460477]
      talking about plumbing might lean towards the no no

Ceiling height here varies by room, from about 7’8” to 16’. On hot days the interior heat rises into the vertical alcove and leaves the depths relatively cool.
      Local spiders include venomous black widows who lie low (I think) instead of spinning webs. A large blister on my foot told me that I had discovered one the hard way in my drab shoe. Ms. Spider treated me like lunch. But better a spider than a sidewinder rattlesnake, another local denizen.

Anonymous

Yikes!!…Alexis…love your local wild life xx

Anonymous

Lisa….first few lines had me crying…so articulate and precise….

i love you girl xx

Anonymous

Steph…im crying here…you are the queen of laughter…omg….imagine painting my ceiling darker and my  heating bills go down…building wooden models of shits ships I’ve met plenty of shits..where to start??

Love you….and Jane McDonald xxx

Anonymous

Postman….suits me too !!!!

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

. Lisa, as a US letter carrier (postman to you Brits) if some one answered the door that way I just might tell you I love the colo rand ask where you got the nighty, just to share notes of course.
      . Sandy

Anonymous

Brilliant!!!.. xx

On here, I think it’s a lot easier to lower the standards! lol

Polly 🏚

That’s what the mouse said when it went up the lum , soots me. Py xx.

Anonymous

Beautifully written….

and so many houses have a ” fred”.

Grace x

Anonymous

Almost, just past Daddy Twofoot, the Gaffers next door neighbor.

Anonymous

While never tired of them, maybe it’s just people tired of always talking about them. Honestly, though, this response is gold

Anonymous

Could we have less spider related activity please, they give me the creeps – too many legs and they will turn up in the most unexpected places. Recently there was a FB post from Australia of a pair of ear defenders with a huge Huntsman spider curled up inside one earpiece, the wearer only realised it was there when it started tickling his ear. Now I wear ear defenders in my day job and we have Australian wildlife turning up here so this has traumatised me considerably.

So lets talk about plumbing or root canal work or something else – but no more spiders please!

Diana

Anonymous

Im with you Inga – no sympathy for spiders  – out! out! Out!!

Diana – committed Arachniaphobe

Anonymous

PFLAH GC (Marxist-Leninist) – Splitters!!

Anonymous

Can’t be that popular if we’re not in it – splitters!!

Comrade Diana

Anonymous

Don’t get me started on those revisionist Insy-winseyite fellow travelers…

Smash the arachnidocracy!

Anonymous

Hi Laura.

Jn England, we call it…” Looking after your overheads”….lol xx

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?