Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I haven’t even thought about trying make up until I started to deal with being who I am and I have been thinking that if I really want to pass someday that I will eventually have to get makeup down but even as a guy and even as a gay guy I have never used skin cream or anything like some gay guys I know.

So I am just curious who taught you how to use makeup and how long did it take you to master it? If you haven’t mastered it how long do you think it takes to get it down? Also can you dress without using make up and can you pull off the natural look?

Anonymous

Adena:
      Pleased to meet you here.
      I doný know how long does it takes to master make up.
      I´ll tell you my experience:
      I started using makeup two yeras ago, first i watched alot of videos at you tube and bought anoder by net. first start purchasing not so expensive makeup, it´s like when you´re learning to drive, sstep by step.
      Look for a comfortable place and take your time, after watching videos, try to follow the instructor and aplay your make, dont worry it takes a different time for every person, real women start at the average of ten to twelve (teeenss)and take some time to master (years).
      important thing, if you can do it daily, practice makes the master, for me after two years i can tell you i continiu having problems to cover my beard 8so i need laser depilation) the eye line for me it´s my nemssis, i´m scared to touch my eyes and paintin that thin black or hatever colour )line it´s my biggest strugle, many timess it comes perfec in otherss, well, i need to erase and start again.
      What i have done, it´s to attend some private lessons on some hair styling academies, i think thats the best wway to start, and don´t worry, they are use to see people of many genders.
      You´ll sooner than later you´ll become an expert in makeup aplication, so, that you´ll be able to aply it while driving in traffic.
      I will confesss, the day i master my eyes the day i can tell i defeted the makeup barrier.
      Thanks for your time .
      Ana
      dont forget aplying body lotion (facial cream), but not before aplying makeup.

The best videos are on you tube . Try the Bardot look , bridal look , super model , or a favorite celebrity , or movie star that has your skin tone . There are amazing makeup videos on you tube . Also my wife , Shelley , took me to several department stores to the makeup counter , I really like Chanel , and Estée Lauder . Try to go when they have a real professional they are advertising and make an appointment . The makeup artist can teach you a lot of tricks , many salon’s also have makeup artist . Revlon Max Factor , and Maybelline are good inexpensive makeup brands at drug stores . I really need my wife or a girlfriend to do mascara or eye liner as I am just learning . I love to blend two lipsticks together to make a unique color . I am loucky , I am young enough to wear glossy lipsticks because I do generally like matte lipsticks . Blusher and shading your cheek bones can create a beautiful look . Eye shadows work best if they match you clothes or accentuate your outfit . Anyways remember if something really stands out to tone it down . But most of About is about having fun . You reflect your inner beauty with makeup . Kisses and Precious Hugs .

Claudia C
      Ambassador

I went via an app tutorial and my wife  to learn.

Master – yeah, not there.yet in my opinion.

Anonymous

Master makeup? IMO…we never stop learning….BUT ( there is that word again) if you want to get better…you have to practice….spend a night just working on your lips, or your eyes…spend 2 …or 3…..we never stop learning….

There’s ALWAYS more to learn.
        Makeup styles change as fast as fashion in general.
        What makeup style suits you at one age, might not be so good a few years later.

Jenny J
      Lady

Master Makeup? Is that even possible lol

Ive been dressing on and off for 20 years and been using make up about half the time. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve been satisfied with the result..But saying that the key is practice practice practice and spend some quality time  watching videos on youtube.

I think the answer to how long will be different for everyone. I have been doing makeup about 2-3 times a week for about 3 months now and still have a lot to learn. Right now eye liner is my toughest as my lids are very sensitive to touch and my hands tend to shake a lot. Think of it kind of like a sport and practice the parts that are the hardest until they get easier. I am just now starting to learn about contouring which is even harder to master.

I watched some you tube videos and had to buy several shades before I found what worked best for me as a foundation. Very few of us males can pass without makeup even after having facial hairs removed although hormone replacement therapy can help to soften some features and make the skin softer.

Take the plunge and start practicing. It will be well worth it in the long run.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘How long did it take you to master makeup?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?