- Half-slips only
Tagged: Lingerie and under garmets
- September 28, 2023 at 7:39 am #769191Meghan BrandiceParticipantRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 22Replies: 390Has thanked: 629 timesBeen thanked: 1828 times
Good day femme sisters.
Question here out of curiosity: Second only (for me, the sensuous feel of the tug of nylon gartered stockings) the other piece of feminine garment that I always wear under my dresses or skirts are a full or half-slips.
Does anyone else do the same?
- This topic was modified 2 months ago by Emily Alt.
Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- October 22, 2023 at 4:31 am #774591Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 864Has thanked: 57414 timesBeen thanked: 2377 times
- October 24, 2023 at 5:26 pm #775537HarrietteLadyRegistered On: April 22, 2023Topics: 16Replies: 982Has thanked: 3517 timesBeen thanked: 2408 times
Do you ever get to feel sweaty in a nylon slip?
I was wearing a dress, today, and I had to take it off. It was, basically, 50/50 cotton / polyester. It wasn’t all that warm out.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- October 11, 2023 at 6:20 pm #772131GailLadyRegistered On: May 12, 2016Topics: 10Replies: 101Has thanked: 213 timesBeen thanked: 639 times
- October 7, 2023 at 7:03 am #770971Brenda StevensLadyRegistered On: December 10, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 93Has thanked: 2208 timesBeen thanked: 509 times
I always wear a slip under my dresses. Being an older crossdresser I find slips just part of my wardrobe along with dresses, nylons, lacy bras and full cut silky panties. That’s just what girls and women wore when I was young and in my mind wearing the same just makes me feel so wonderfully feminine. I love the silky feel of slips and of course some pretty lace to add to the wonderful sensual feel and look of slips. I wear both full and half slips and add a cami with my half slips. Slips are just so wonderfully Girly and Feminine…I LOVE THEM!!
- October 4, 2023 at 1:02 pm #770369Jerri NewmanLadyRegistered On: April 6, 2022Topics: 3Replies: 75Has thanked: 788 timesBeen thanked: 344 times
I don’t wear a slip anymore but when I was a teenager trying on my mother’s dresses I would usually wear her slips underneath her dresses. I agree that it makes the experience more fulfilling and complete to wear a slip underneath a dress, while also wearing pantyhose. Also it is nice to wear a slip over a bra.
- October 3, 2023 at 10:38 am #770174Sarah KanterLadyRegistered On: April 25, 2019Topics: 25Replies: 292Has thanked: 700 timesBeen thanked: 1785 times
I wear a slip depending on the fabric of the skirt and whether or not I’m wearing some kind of tights. I have a couple of cold weather outfits where the fleece lining in the skirt rides up horribly on fleece tights if I don’t wear a slip. That’s about the only time I wear one though.
- October 3, 2023 at 9:41 am #770171Rhonda LeeBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 414Has thanked: 437 timesBeen thanked: 1655 times
I live with a woman who always wears slips, so have adapted to what she thinks proper, even though contrarian nowadays…half-slips for skirts, at least and full-slips depending on the dress. She has a sister who donated many of her slips to me, so I have a large collection. Like many here, I sometimes wear a slip to bed, but I recently bought a silky nighty I prefer to slips and that seems more acceptable to her, as she does not like my wearing a slip or bra to bed but seems ok with a nighty..
- October 3, 2023 at 9:09 am #770163Veronica SmartRegistered On: August 28, 2023Topics: 8Replies: 156Has thanked: 261 timesBeen thanked: 605 times
I’ve been trying to think exactly when it stopped being normal for women to wear slips under skirts and dresses. I can certainly remember my wife wearing them in the 90’s but by the 2010’s I never saw her wearing one. I guess the mini-skirt put paid to petticoats and I think created the idea of the bra-slip but the routine wearing of half and full-slips seems to have died out relatively recently. The problem with slips was always being able to find one of exactly the right length for the skirt or dress you were wearing. I remember buying my wife a whole collection of half-slips of varying lengths in both black and white so that she always had a slip of the right length and colour. She thought this was a wonderful present and I remember my wife telling her mother about this thoughtful gift from her husband. From the look on my mother-in-law’s face you could tell she was wondering exactly why I was buying her daughter all these slips! At the time I never questioned my wife’s motives for telling her mother this story but on reflection I now wonder if she wanted to start sowing some seeds in people’s minds about my crossdressing. It’s a thought but I will never know now.
Finally to the question, do I wear slips, the answer is that now I never do. With the one caveat that if a dress comes with a built in slip (usually for modesty reasons) then I will obviously wear the dress with the slip, but otherwise I don’t wear slips. I normally try and wear what women of today actually wear on a day to day basis and for most women that doesn’t include a slip But I do understand why if someone wants to emulate the past then a slip is essential.
- October 3, 2023 at 8:39 am #770161BillyLadyRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 7Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 41 times
One of my favorite topics!
I love slips (both full and half) and wearing one is an essential part of my crossdressing.
I have amassed an incredible collection, well over 200, so many pretty colors, designs and styles.
Such great joy, indeed…
- October 4, 2023 at 4:30 am #770284
- October 3, 2023 at 3:22 am #770101Miranda HuggenkissLadyRegistered On: November 26, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 28Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 119 times
I always wear a slip with my skirts and dresses. Girls, let’s not forget the petticoat either. The lace trim peeking out from under the hem has an unbelievable effect on the guys. Nothing like teasing the boys with an “accidental” showing when sitting and crossing your legs so there is a peek-a-boo. I also love the feeling of the material against my body. Yes, I am an old-fashioned girl who enjoys every aspect of being feminine.
- October 3, 2023 at 1:38 pm #770204Peggy Sue WilliamsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 557Has thanked: 2133 timesBeen thanked: 2924 times
Thank you Miranda! The petticoat is indeed, IMHO, just as powerful a tool in the arsenal of femininity as a pair of stiletto heels, a view of cleavage, a pretty pair of legs, etc. The lace trim of the petticoat peeking out from under your dress or skirt is powerful. It sends us girls into the pink fog and drives men crazy. Let’s not forget that lovely swishing sound of the petticoat either, as you walk. I sometimes wear petticoats and get compliments from women and see a few guys with their eyes popping out of their head.
- October 2, 2023 at 10:11 am #769959Mysti StrachanLadyRegistered On: January 24, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 21Has thanked: 92 timesBeen thanked: 71 times
- October 2, 2023 at 9:37 am #769954Genivieve BujoldLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 153Has thanked: 244 timesBeen thanked: 637 times
- October 2, 2023 at 6:25 am #769905LadyRegistered On: April 22, 2023Topics: 16Replies: 982Has thanked: 3517 timesBeen thanked: 2408 times
- October 1, 2023 at 9:29 pm #769865LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 876Has thanked: 4234 timesBeen thanked: 2776 times
- October 1, 2023 at 3:55 pm #769815Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 23Replies: 618Has thanked: 2170 timesBeen thanked: 2787 times
- October 1, 2023 at 2:06 pm #769796Angela BoothBaronessRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 1880Has thanked: 6388 timesBeen thanked: 8572 times
Slips were something that I loved wearing when younger and endorsed my feminine side. I have quite a collection of full and half slips which I wear regularly. The full slip under a dress in the cooler months and half as appropriate. It’s something not worn as much by women these days so availability of nice lacy ones that were in abundance when I was younger.
- October 1, 2023 at 5:52 am #769701Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 229Has thanked: 3450 timesBeen thanked: 963 times
I own around 5 full slips I have a little black dress and I like wearing a slip with it the dress has a slits on each side and looking in the mirror you get a bit of lace showing, it looks great. I have a linen dress that I wear a full slip with that one just to complete the look. Nothing better then putting a full slip on and the feeling with a silky pair of nylons………….
- October 1, 2023 at 4:21 am #769694Johannah 66LadyRegistered On: July 1, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 41Has thanked: 328 timesBeen thanked: 207 times
- October 1, 2023 at 1:17 am #769679Donna CeedeeLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 79Has thanked: 50 timesBeen thanked: 438 times
I have several full slips. I love them. I wear them under a dress when needed. I sleep in them also. I always check out Goodwill and thrift stores for them. I have found some beautiful vintage ones there. Getting hard to find though.
- September 30, 2023 at 4:04 pm #769595Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 52Replies: 963Has thanked: 3438 timesBeen thanked: 4922 times
I have both full and half slips with matching camisoles. I do wear them under certain dresses but really like one under a sweater dress. Slips were the second thing I added to my pantyhose wearing many years ago.
- September 30, 2023 at 4:01 pm #769593
- September 30, 2023 at 3:53 pm #769592HippieLadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 55Replies: 516Has thanked: 1832 timesBeen thanked: 2043 times
I am no lady, I am a full blown man that happens to wear ladies clothing.
I always wear a slip when needed, but I wear them in what many call man mode. Because I wear a dress or a skirt with my chest hair and a beard
I am androgynous masculine crossdresser and have pride that I am a man
1 user thanked author for this post.
- September 30, 2023 at 3:25 pm #769590
- September 30, 2023 at 5:25 am #769497Tracy HLadyRegistered On: August 13, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 22Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 168 times
If the dress needs a slip then I wear one. Last summer I bought a new dress and I realized I needed to wear a slip under it for modesty. Finding slips can be difficult. Ended up ordering one from Amazon.
- September 30, 2023 at 3:00 am #769485Janet WoodhamLadyRegistered On: January 21, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 224Has thanked: 1271 timesBeen thanked: 984 times
- September 29, 2023 at 4:38 pm #769437Tiny TinkerbellLadyRegistered On: May 19, 2023Topics: 3Replies: 137Has thanked: 1530 timesBeen thanked: 539 times
OMG…even before panties, my mom and sister’s slips must have been the first articles of female clothing that I was attracted to and tried on…”the rest is history”…!!! Yet, that being said, I do not personally own a single one, full or half, and at least for me, never thought them to be a necessity for me to complete “my illusion”. Yet from all the comments posted so far, I totally understand and appreciate the attraction to them…they can be so lovely to view, and even more so, to feel against your skin…so carry on, Ladies…nothing like the “peek-a-boo” glimpse of a lacy slip hem to get those juices flowing for me…!!!
- September 29, 2023 at 3:25 pm #769434Emily LaceLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 204Has thanked: 1140 timesBeen thanked: 1262 times
I do not have any half-slips, but I do own several nylon full slips. I use them as nightgowns to sleep in. Love the luxurious feeling they give me as I move around in bed.
- September 29, 2023 at 2:33 pm #769432Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 18Replies: 1247Has thanked: 981 timesBeen thanked: 5268 times
Although I voted sometimes, rarely would be a better description.
Most of my half slips are too long for my skirts. And it’s not that my skirts are all that short, it’s just that the slips are long. Rolling up the elastic waist to make it fit or wearing it too high is just not going to look right. Also, many of my skirts are pretty full, whereas the slips are a little bit narrower and don’t have a leg slit so I lose a bit of freedom in my legs.
I also have a few full slips, but these are worn a lot less often than the half slips.
- September 29, 2023 at 12:26 pm #769416Michaela JaneLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 38Replies: 567Has thanked: 791 timesBeen thanked: 1827 times
I have one full slip, it’s a black one with a lace hem. I only wear it under my black dress because the dress is slightly see-through. As a bonus, the lace hem is sometimes visible, peeking out under the dress.
- September 29, 2023 at 8:24 am #769392
- September 29, 2023 at 5:49 am #769351Jill EdinaLadyRegistered On: January 28, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 182Has thanked: 974 timesBeen thanked: 778 times
- September 29, 2023 at 2:09 am #769332Suzanne MartinHostessRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 806Has thanked: 7572 timesBeen thanked: 3411 times
I don’t have any slips at the moment but who knows what I might find on one of my thrift shop jaunts. Some of my skirts and dresses are lined so the need for a slip isn’t there. When I wear them the feeling is like having a slip on though. I remember my mother wearing one all the time. I asked her once why she wore them and she told me to help with the line of the dress. That was when I was very young and long before I thought of dressing, or maybe I was and just didn’t realize it.
- September 29, 2023 at 1:24 am #769325Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 145Replies: 1434Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 6385 times
I love wearing slips, either half or full. Guess it goes back to seeing my mother wearing one…. Yes.. that long ago…
I have one full slip in a burnt orange, black half and full slip and same again in cream.The lastter are so “vintage” they were made here in the “land of OZ’ I ALWAYS wear the matching cami. OK, not when its 40”,(105F) in summer.
I only “go public” in the cooler months and that when the above come out.
Its also so femme, to have to lift them up to get to my panties when “nature calls”.
- September 28, 2023 at 9:08 pm #769306Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 557Has thanked: 2133 timesBeen thanked: 2924 times
More so in earlier years, slips were part and parcel of a lady’s daily routine, much like the girdle and stockings. Ahh, but you beautiful ladies know that already. How things have changed over the years!
I still own a few full slips and half-slips and still do wear same, depending on the outfit and mood. The feeling of femininity is -wonderful-, but you knew this too!
- September 28, 2023 at 7:32 pm #769294Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 583Has thanked: 3065 timesBeen thanked: 2327 times
Well Meghan, I wear a full or half slip as needed if my garment is sort-of see through or if the material is clinging and makes things look bunched up. Hence the slip of the slip, and your dress slides and hangs freely while you wear it. No fetish here, just smart dressing, also you don’t look x-rayed when you stand in front of the headlights. There are times however when I just wear a colored slip over my bra and use it as a slipdress under a blazer. It all depends on the event, my mood and the weather. Also I will sew the side seams of a slip to make it much more fitted to my body or cut off part of the bottom to match my mini. I hope that this make some sense. Marg
- September 28, 2023 at 5:22 pm #769278Fiona BlackBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 23, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 858Has thanked: 694 timesBeen thanked: 3776 times
I have always loved slips. I have a few half-slips I occasionally wear with skirts but with most dresses being lined these days I don’t have many opportunities to wear a full slip under a dress although I do on occasion. However, I do use full slips to lounge in after dinner in the evenings and often sleep in one. I find full slips make me feel very feminine.
- September 28, 2023 at 4:25 pm #769274Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 102Replies: 6406Has thanked: 8142 timesBeen thanked: 17002 times
A great question! I do love wearing a full skip under my dresses. Sometimes I’ll wear a half slip with a skirt. Sadly, it seems slips have lost favor.
- September 28, 2023 at 4:24 pm #769273DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1260Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 3615 times
- September 28, 2023 at 7:50 am #769196Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 1008Has thanked: 1091 timesBeen thanked: 4702 times
In my early days of dressing, a full slip was a must. I just loved the smooth fabric against the skin plus how the slip made walking in a skirt/dress feel much more elegant and feminine.
Now, most of my skirts are above the knee, and the full slips I have are full length, so it is a serious faux pas to wear a short skirt with the slip exposed. I stopped wearing dresses as I can’t contort myself to zip up the back zipper.
I have one half slip, and I sometimes wear it. It is a jockey half slip, and the tag said no static, but what I found was the half slip caused alot of static (false advertising ??), plus I bought a size too big so adding up static and too big a size I stopped wearing the half slip.
So for me, full/half slips are out.
- The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.