Viewing 44 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls. Now just a thought, i have been reflecting on my crossdressing life over the last year, it really has had some amazing revelations and i feel i am moving forward. How about you? do you feel that you have made progress with your crossdressing? it can be small things like a completely different look, such as different clothes, a different style of wig, maybe you ventured out for the first time, possibly told someone close about your crossdressing.

Maybe you feel you have not progressed at all but things stayed the same.

Maybe you have even gone backwards! omg!! that doesnt bear thinking about.

Lets see what you all think, i hope you have progressed!!

Fiona xx

It has been slow but I am close to being able to spend a day out.

Hi Danielle, i would certainly look upon that as a huge positive. At least you have ambition and that you intend to do something about it, keep it up!! and well done 🙂

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

It might be small progress for some, but for me huge strides.  I have just started dressing again in the last few months.  In July I joined CDH and the support and encouragement have been amazing.  It has given me must more confidence and courage. I am going for a makeover and dressing session at a CD friendly salon in a few weeks, again no big deal for many but big for me.  I can’t wait for the journey to continue.

Hi Michelle, i would say you have made great progress!! what fantastic news 🙂 . well done to you!!

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

I have been dressing literally forever.  A few days here and there.  Never completely.  Bought my first dress in December.  Bought wigs and the necessary accessories.  Started to dress complete with makeup.    I had sent pics to on line stylists who helped tremendously.  Joined CDH.   Panicked and left.    Came back to CDH and reveled in the support I received.  Dressed more and more. Bought more outfits.  Got handmedowns from my SIL that were going to goodwill.  Scheduled a makeover Aug 1st.  Went to the makeover in a dress. First time out among people ever.  Went all around the mall shopping.   Did my makeup and went to a different mall the next day.  Shopped among women.  Went to a movie.  Used the ladies room.  Fixed my makeup standing by women in the ladies room.   Feel like I mentally transitioned to female.  Love my female persona

I think I made progress !!!

Hugggggz Annie

Leonara
        Ambassador

Annie,
        Such great progress ….thank you for sharing
        You are an inspiration for all of us ….especially me thank you…Leonara

Hi Annie, made progress??? geez!! you have done more than that hun!! you have completely run a marathon in two minutes lol!! what an amazing post, i am so happy for you!! do you have any more ambitions? or have you done them all already? 🙂

Fiona xxx

Things have pretty much stayed the same.There was quite a bit of progress last year.My wife agreed to buy me some panties in addition to all the femme clothes she has bought me since her acceptance of Robrrta three years ago.She also bought me five cute hsndbags last year.That was truly a wonderful first.After dresssing for 46 years I finally owned my own handbags.A lot of progress in 2017 too.My wife did my makeup for me,blue eye shadow,powder and lipstick.I am hopeless at applyng makeup.I tried my mum’s lipstick when I was in my twenties with not very good results.

Hi Roberta, sorry to hear, but on the other hand, at least you have stayed on an even keel and not gone into reverse. It can be so frustrating when you are on a roll, only to come to a standstill, but hopefully soon, things will start moving forwards again for you 🙂

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

In some areas, great progress. In a year, I’ve come to understand this compulsion to explore my feminine side; my wardrobe has grown from almost nil to a complete (if not extensive) outfit, including 2 wigs. On the other hand, voice and makeup skills are still at ground zero.
      And the relationship between Bettylou and my wife is somewhat muddled in the middle. Given that Bettylou was suppressed and not self-aware until about 2 1/2 years ago, it’s a lot.

Hi Bettylou, at least you have progressed 🙂 . Sometimes things can take a while to come to fruition, patience is a virtue!! Great news on your wardrobe! clothes shopping can be addictive!! 🙂

Fiona xxx

Glad to say I’ve made significant progress since I’ve lived here in the US, especially over the past six months. I’ve spent a load of money on clothes and cosmetics after I came out to my wife, and am studying makeup application techniques on YouTube at every opportunity. I’m really developing my style as a foxy rock chick now and it’s just so liberating and gratifying. Today was frustrating as I didn’t dress at all due to everything going South, but tomorrow I plan to go shopping with my wife in full on girly mode. We’ll see how that goes. Here’s hoping it all works out OK. Lol.

Vicki XO

Fantastic Vicki!! i’m so happy for you 🙂 .

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

Fiona. OMG yes. Why so enthusiastic and why did I wait all day to share? Firstly, this outlet has been a catalyst to my evolution. Catalyst describes it well. I love being a girl. I love feeling like a girl. I have been able to take all those inner thoughts and give a voice to them. To comment freely in surveys, greetings, controversial questions. I’ve taken my first selfies. Ive bought in stores without apologizing that I’m buying for my girlfriend. I’m not asked but I receive a certain deference. Going into an Adult Toy Store (No, not Best Buy!) I ask for help, compare object, compare clothing items. Today, without thinking I held up a blouse to my chest and when I realized it, I held it there a little longer. My passionate desires and pleasures are becoming clearer. So much more. Indeed, so much more.

Fantastic Kate!! and a huge well done to you!! great news! 🙂

Fiona xxx

Leonara
      Ambassador

Prior to 2019, I had reached my ultimate feeling of femininity. In January , I needed emergency spinal surgery. Unfortunately, the side effects were loss of strength in my arms & legs.. After 9 weeks of inpatient therapy I have progressed from a wheel chair to a cane … I was so happy that the operation didn’t short circuit my desire to dress and return to ultimate feeling of femininity! I measure my rehab progress with wearing my favorite LBD and putting on pantyhose.Aftee 6 months of rehab, I am not 100% but my desire to to express my self as a woman is stronger than ever…Leonara

Hi Leonara, that is fabulous news, i am so happy the operation didnt stop your desire to crossdress, thanks for the positive post!!!

Fiona xxx

Leonara
          Ambassador

Thank you Fiona for your kind words. Hugs, Leonara

Leonara
        Ambassador

Thank you ladies, your response to my message means so much to me….I truly feel I am back on my feminine journey…Leonara xxx

Stephanie Flowers
        Ambassador

Leonara,  wonderful news. I’m so happy for you and now getting back to experiencing those  stronger feelings for being yourself. Beautiful to hear and best to you ,  and look!!! the pink fogs ahead. Pleasent journeys.

Stephanie 🌹

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

This year has been most full filling.  As I have accepted my desires  and will only be limited to a level of comfort I’ve likely have reached. Never to transition because of a happy marriage and the love the  my life. So  Going out in public would likely be my ultimate goal and I’m very happy to say I have reached  this . I have been  out, 3 times this year so far and even attended my first conference. 5 days of total bliss. Yes for me it’s been a monumental year and looking forward to  venturing out ever more. Always looking over the hill to see what’s there to  discover of  what could be next.

Stephanie 🌹

Hi Stephanie, very inspirational words! i could sure do with following them myself 🙂 . I am so happy for you, and wish you lots more happiness in your journey 🙂

With love, Fiona xxx

Anonymous

Hi Doll Thanks for putting this up. I’ve been Dressing for about 10 months. I’ve learned SOooo much in this short period of time. I’m totally fascinated by the details involved in femininity. I really like the Dresser style that has become Davida. You mentioned going backwards … while my Girl is developing in style and dress … my personality is even worse/less then in male mode. If I could have figured out how to delete this account … I would have out of pure discouragement. My goal was to be the Girl next door NOT a tramp. I find myself overly playful. There’s still two months left in my first year …

Hi Davida, your post sounds more positive than negative to me and i’m pleased that you have learnt so much along the way, you will find that there is so much to learn with the various aspects, but its a challenge!! and we all love a challenge?? I think its normal to sometimes go in reverse a little, maybe you hit a plateau then start on a new idea, such as trying different clothes/colours, being more adventurous, the possibilities are endless! the main thing is, you are happy and you have something to aim for 🙂

Love and kisses, Fiona xxx

Anonymous

Thanks Doll your kindness is appreciated 👠

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Fiona, I feel that I’ve made some definite progress so far this year.  I’ve been out in public before but never to the extent I’ve done this year.  For example, I spent four days en femme driving to the west coast and back.  I had to stop for gas, talk to gas station attendants to prepay and to get receipts, stopped for many washroom breaks and used the ladies washrooms with other ladies at the same time, (this is a BIG one!), gone to restaurants and picnic grounds.  It was a fantastic experience and I was never treated badly by anyone I came into contact with.

I dress en femme everyday but sadly my spouse, who knows, is still not supportive (she accepts it but prefers I dress when she doesn’t see me – but I guess that’s much better than telling me I have to stop & purge).  And I’ve been pushing her boundaries and I get away with wearing leggings, fuzzy slippers, ladies’ socks, bralettes, panties, and certain ladies’ tops in front of her.  That’s progress too. And my hair is now longer than my spouses’; it is down to my bra strap. The long hair certainly helps in passing (and no longer any worries about wigs!).  Legs and underarms are always nicely shaven and no push-back from my spouse about that.  So overall, I’d say I’m pretty lucky and have had a positive year.

Hugs, Krista

Krista, apart from your spouse, you have had an amazingly positive year so far! keep it up, fantastic to hear, i’m so proud of you 🙂

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

Yes Fiona, I believ I have made some ssignificant strides this year. Coming out to my wife was a big one. But I also believe I have learned to apply makeup and dressing better.  It is only because of the advice and encouragement I have received here at CDH, that has given me the steps necessary to improve and continue to improve.  Oh and thou tube.  Lol.

Looking forward tho the next chapter.  Maybe get some confidence to go out more. Hoping for not acceptance and improved relationship with my wife reference my dressing. Etc.

Danielle

Wow! Danielle, i think you have overcome probably the biggest hurdle of all!! you certainly have made huge strides this year! well done to you 🙂

Fiona xxx

Kimmie
      Lady

I chose “other” because what I think of as progress for me may be different than what it means for others. I started shaving my legs several months ago and keep them smooth. I love rubbing moisturizer on my legs and the feel of my smooth legs on when another or under the sheets at night. I have also arrived at the equilibrium that having smooth legs, wearing panties everyday, and occasionally wearing pantyhose and tights are enough for me.

Hi Kimmie, i think your progress is certainly a step in the right direction 🙂 .

Fiona xxx

I love CDH.  I’ve been in panties for 10 years but after being inspired by all of you girls I went for it all. Shoes, hose, garters, forms, skirts blouses dresses jewelry ears pierced full make up wigs.  I’ve been out a dozen times including using the ladies room.  What I would really love is to spend a weekend with all of you.  Every comment here rings so true.  We have so much to share with one another.  Hugs

Hi Jennifer, lovely to hear that you have moved onwards, having friends really does help!! Well done to you!!

Fiona xxx

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

Hi. for me it is no longer a super secret aspect of me. I no longer feel guilt or shame after dressing. I  have gotten a lot closer to ….if SO finds out………..okay. My therapist finally knows and talk to her every session about it.  I am growing my hair out and feel femme while in men’s clothes. Kind of  like a girl dressed in guy stuff.  I seem to relate better to people and not so distant because I am a lot more comfortable feeling a lot more of my femme side and not trying to hide it. Still in the closet, but the closet has gotten a lot bigger.

Anonymous

Karley. You’re absolutely lovely. Love ya’ Honey!

k

Well done Karley!! keep it up, great news 🙂

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

Hi 12 months  ago I had no clothes  and still in the closet then I told my new partner and she excepted me for who I are.and.the last 6 months have been so amazing for me building my wardrobe with her help.

Hi Maggie, absolutely wonderful to hear, continue the journey, who knows where you will be this time next year, probably putting us all to shame!! well done hun 🙂

Fiona xxx

Jessica
      Lady

I have been more open to the girls at work (I think everyone knows anyway I mean how often can you come to work in women’s sandals showing off your painted toe nails and get your wallet out of your purse before people put it together?)

I also started laser hair removal, and slowly began going outside a little more fem. I’ve no idea where this is going but I’m having fun doing it so I’m not stopping.

Well done Jessica!! you certainly are moving onwards and upwards!! 🙂

Fiona xxx

I started going out in earnest about 10 years ago. I had made a couple of long car trips before, but didn’t really know what I was doing. It was 10 years ago that I got my first makeover (and learned a little about makeup) and went out for dinner with the woman who did my transformation.

In the last 12 months I have done a fair number of things as Alison. I went to the New York Renaissance Faire with my daughter and a few of her friends. I went into New York City twice. While not my first time doing this, it is still fun. I went once with my daughter to the Met for an art project before going to see Kinky Boots before it closed. That night my daughter’s friend and her mom were heading into New York to see a different Broadway play, and we met for dinner (her friend has seen be both as a male and as a female and did warn her mom that my daughter’s dad was a cross dresser, so she knew I was a crossresser; it wasn’t until later that she realized I was the dad.) And I went with some friends to see an opera about Stonewall. Afterwards we went out for a drink.

My company has given us a discount on a Fitbit, and then gives us reward points which can be redeemed for gift cards if you track your sleep and the number of steps (or equivalent for other exercises) you take. Weekdays I usually don’t have trouble reaching my goals, but weekends were tough. So I started by taking a walk around my block. For me, a walk around my block is a 2 1/2 mile trek, all without sidewalks. After doing it once or twice, I decided if I am going to be paid for taking a walk, Alison is going to be the one walking. For the past twomonths or so, on weekends or days I am not going in to the office, I have been out walking in my own neighborhood wearing a skirt/skort, tank top (except this past weekend when the mornings were a bit autumn-like), pink sneakers, sunglasses, and a wig (and of course breast forms). I put on just a little bit of makeup to cover my beard, a little concealer, and color the grey out of my eyebrows. (Sometimes I don’t remove it even when going out as a male; that’s how little it is.) Sometimes for schedule and sometimes just to get out before the summer heat, I have often been going out early in the morning. But I have been seen by cars coming from both my front and rear, as well as other walkers, joggers, or bikers.

Although I know only a few people in the neighborhood, I’m not too worried that I’ll be spotted and recognized. Even though my own hair is long, by wearing a wig and sunglasses my face is not likely to be recognizable as my male self. And wearing a skirt, tank top, having breasts, and pink sneakers, my clothing is not something that people would identify with the male me. And I’m usually wearing a fanny pack where I hold my phone along with some ID and a camera while I’m out walking. As long as people don’t see me coming in or out of my driveway, no one is going to figure out that I am not what I appear to be. And by now, I may be trapped doing this. I have passed a walker a few times over the last few weeks that he now waves to me as we pass. I think it might be difficult if I want to take the same walk without getting dressed up.

I have also spent more Sundays completely en femme this summer than before. Normally I’m happy to just wear an outfit while at home (no makeup, no breast forms). But now I am going out as well. That includes stores close to home. I have been to Costco, my local supermarket for some last minute items, or the Harmons or Dress Barn about 1/4 mile from home. A few weeks ago I went into Dress Barn en femme just before taking my walk (taking it later in the day). The saleswoman almost bumped into me as I was coming out into the aisle, and after excusing herself, she turned and said, “Oh, Hi.” I’m sure she recognized me as I shop frequently when not dressed, and as I said, wearing only minimal makeup.

This is on top of my going out to a support group or various parties held by friends in the CD/TG community which I have been doing for a number of years. The woman who did my first makeover (she runs a transformation studio from her home) has become a friend too. Just this week she had a client from out of the country who wanted a makeover and then to meet some people. A few of us met at her house and then went out to dinner.

So these past 12 months have been interesting to say the least. I have no idea where the next 12 months will take me.

I have been dressing for 10 years . I have a man in my life now. I love being a woman for him

Wow Alison, what a busy life you lead!! you have left me in awe by seeing what you have achieved, it is simply beyond amazing. Thankyou so much for sharing this with us all, i hope others can read this and gain hope and happiness from this. Alison, you are an incredible lady and i sincerely hope you continue your journey with lots more adventure, but most of all, satisfaction and happiness 🙂

Fiona xxx

I chose “Yes I have made slow progress”.

A year ago I was four months out from joining CDH. But joining CDH was the most progress I’ve made over the past year! A big step for me!

Everything else has been a trickle. Over the past year I’ve tried nail polish for the first time. I bought some foundation and lipstick and found that it helps my look (well, a little) – first time wearing both happened this year.

I continued to accrue bras, breastforms, wigs, tops and skirts, a couple (ill-fitting) dresses, and shoes that hurt my feet.

But I’m still in the closet.

Friends at CDH have given me incentive to continue to practise my makeup application. And reading the Forum topics and articles has given me hope that one day I might deem myself qualified enough to attend a CD conference or meet up (en femme) with a few older gurls like myself for a quiet evening out of the closet.

For most of the respondents to this poll, my progress may seem modest and slow. But it’s a lot more than it would’ve been had I not found CDH with all its wonderful, helpful, and encouraging ladies.

Maybe the upcoming 12 months will be even better! I hope so.

Hi Camryn. Every step forward, no matter how small, is a victory. No doubt others have gone further in their journeys, i mean look at me! i still have not gone outdoors yet!! the main thing, Camryn is, you have ambition, one day i am sure you will achieve it. Keep going hun, you are doing just fine 🙂 xx

Fiona xxx

Hi.

Feel I’ve made good progress this year. This time last year I gave in to my desire to bring Amanda to life.  Since then, I have told my husband, dug out my boobs and greatly expanded my make-up.  I started going to a social group once a month.  I don’t dress in the summer, preferring hairy legs for summer shorts.  With Autumn on the horizon. September starts the body shaving and feminisation.  My husband has offered to come to the social group. One member has offered to go out with me as Amanda.  Plan to do that in spring. Loving presenting as a woman. Who knows where this will lead me.

Amanda Dubois

Hi Amanda, again, someone who has really gone forward, wow! that is so brilliant to hear. Well done to you and i wish you more adventure and happiness for the years ahead 🙂

Fiona xxx

I chose “Yes I have made slow progress”

Over the last year I have
      – improved my wardrobe – clothes are ‘more me’, the things I feel comfortable in and like to wear.
      – bought a comfy padded bra which gives me a better bust shape and look
      – managed to find the right style and make of women’s trousers/jeans (skinny or tapered leg) to wear.
      – been out on my first proper trips out for walks in the summer – in skirt and top with bare legs and also in jeans and top.
      – Joined crossdresser heaven forum (birthday prezzie to myself)

Wow Alicen!! if that is slow progress, i dread to think what fast would be!! you have achieved more in a year than i have done most of my life (i must be super duper slow!) 🙂 . Well done hun, you sure have made a huge step and i am very proud of you 🙂

Fiona xxx

Fiona, things for me have been progressing nicely until this summer. Knee replacement surgery has put this old girl on hold for awhile. Been almost 2 months since and I’m starting to dress some now. Hope this minor setback builds me up not take tears me down. Thank you.

Hugs

Stephanie

Awww! Stephanie, first of all, i hope you have a speedy recovery with your knee. Sometimes a small setback is a good thing to help you reflect and move forwards, i’m sure you will not let this hold you back, go at your own pace, a step forwards is a step in the right direction 🙂

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

Stephanie.

will NOT tear you down.  Your therapist is critical. Don’t let her be easy on you. The work you put in now will so pay off. It’s worth masking the pain these first few weeks. Get that range of motion back so that you can do all those wonderful things…

I’m with ya!

k

i have made enormous progress this year .  Of course that is easy to do when you start from a multi year period of total denial!  Several years ago i purged ALL of my feminine clothing even the panties.  i went three years denying completely my desire to wear women’s clothing or my desire to be dominated.  Then about two months go i found myself contemplating the  best method open to me and the best time to take my own life!😳 i was that depressed!

i realized i was tired of living lies and denying myself to try to meet others expectations.  i went out and bought two packs of everyday panties and got rid of all my male underwear.  I hate boxers!! Now i have a couple pf bras some stockings and garter belt.  i am planning to get my ears pierced next month.  Then in a month or two adter that (money is an issue) i am going to Ulta and getting my eyebrows shaped and a makeup lesson.  By the end of this year Bobbie is stepping out!

Hi Bobbie, and thanks for the inspirational post, you hit rock bottom and worked your way back up to happiness again. I think you deserve a gold star!! well done hun, keep it up, what a fantastic post to read 🙂

Fiona xxx

Stephanie Flowers
        Ambassador

Wonderful to hear Bobbie. I myself am planning to do my ears hopefully by years end. Always wanted them piecred but did start doing my brows. Had them first trimmed as they were quite bushy  and did change my appearance and  what was good was no one really notice. But thought let’s go further and went to a place to have them professionally done. There I have them threaded and thin and now after my third trip there beautifully done, arched and certainly compliments my face; happy happy happy!!!. I’m following this trend and enjoying every step I’m taking. Best to you on  your journey ahead .

Stephanie 🌹

That is very heartening to hear Bobbie.  I am so glad you have come back to join us on the feminine side of life hon.  It just shows we cannot be kept down or locked inside for truly long periods once we have sampled this amazing side to ourselves.

And congratulations to ALL of the girls who have experienced the depression and heart ache that denial can cause for us within ourselves and have come back or are struggling to do so.  Let’s have a safe and wonderful journey.

Paula

Well!! reading the posts so far, it seems most of you have made huge steps forward which is amazing news! if anything, it has made me realise just how slowly i move forward, but i am happy in my own little way. It must depend on what you want, how adventurous you are and to an extent…. courage!!!

Thankyou so much for all your replies so far, they have been a huge inspiration to me and no doubt to many others too, you girls rock!!

Fiona xxx

Fiona

My plan to have a lady day by Christmas

Love

Danielle

Go for it Danielle!!! you have an ambition! you must tell me how it all goes!!

Fiona xxx

I would say my crossdressing has stagnated.  During the past few years, I have had to deal with having two of my adult children at home.  With each of them dealing with different issues ranging from under employment and getting out from student debt to a chronic health issue I am glad to be able to assist them.  The frustration is I don’t have the privacy needed to grow my feminine side.  I have shared my growing frustration with my spouse and looking for opportunities  to be able to get out of the house in order be able to spend quality time en femme

Hi Bettie, certainly everyone does not always move forward, of course for yourself, its purely circumstantial, no fault of your own, but equally frustrating, i have no doubt. There is not much i can say to help but try to grasp the chances as they arise, no matter how few and far between they happen. I hope things look up for you and that you can continue your journey forward with vim and vigour!! 🙂

Fiona xxx

Thank you Fiona for the kind words and encouragement. After reading the various responses on this question I went out and purchased a new black body suit.  Could not wait to get home and try it on, the fit was perfect and cannot wait to go out and get another

Becka
      Lady

I know I’m not fully dressing, no wigs or make up (not that I don’t want to), but for me it’s been a breakout year.  I really can’t complain.

Always anxious however, that it will come to a crescendo of some kind!

Thanks for the post, Fiona!

Well Rebekka, you sound like you have gone quite far and are expecting more to come!!! as long as you are happy, thats the main thing hun 🙂

Fiona xxx

I’ve been here along with you Rebekka and know from your posts just how much you have definately grown!! Like you, I don’t spend alot of time on ‘passable’ things like hair and makeup, but the amount of time we spend out being our true selves feels good down to our very soul.

Billy
      Lady

I’m pleased to report some significant progress! My wife and I are atleast talking about my crossdressing and she maintains her support, understanding and acceptance. I wish for more direct involvement with her in that she has not seen me fully dressed nor do we discuss many of the aspects of crossdressing from which I derive so much pleasure and anxiety-reduction. Still, I am grateful for the significant progress.

I have greatly expanded my wardrobe with several beautiful dresses and have also found more and more beautiful panties. Most importantly, I now have two pairs of heels that I can comfortably wear so that has really been awesome!

Finally, I’m so glad to be on this website. I’ve been crossdressing for over 50 years and pre-internet my crossdressing life was isolated and depressing. Having the chance to chat and learn more about our diverse community has been amazing!

Hi Billy, what great news!! i am happy that you are making great inroads, every little thing, no matter how small is a step forward, keep it up!! 🙂

Fiona xxx

Hi, I am not sure about my progress. could you tell me your opinion about my pic? Does it look believable as a schoolgirl? Is there any sign that it is a man instead of girl on the pic? Does it look sexy? If not, could you write why? Please be as honest as possible. All critics will help me to be a better crossdresser. Thank you all for your answers 🙂 Cheers. Arianna C

I have started watching makeup videos and applying some of the techniques.  I need to take some good pics and get feedback.  Otherwise still going out a bit but not as much as I would like.  Maybe this fall will bring more of that.

Anonymous

I have had moments here and there, and my summer wardrobe is much improved.

Sadly, I’ve had no time to attend to makeup, so am hoping to learn something and get a boost with a makeover this weekend, and an entire day and night to be Laura.

Can’t be a late night, due to son’s birthday party, but I will try to find a karaoke bar and do a bit of Debbie Harry… I might not be blonde, but her range sits comfortably in my voice!

Love Laura

This year has been one of great strides for me as a woman.  Three years ago on Halloween, of all nights, I discovered that I had stage 3 colorectal cancer.  Absolutely everything came to a screeching halt in my life except for work, I needed the money, lol 5 surgeries, 4 stays in the hospital, 28 sessions of radiation and two full rounds of chemo later, I was pronounced cancer free by my oncologists.

The chemo nearly destroyed everything femme I had worked so hard to achieve in my life.  My nails still haven’t recovered and are still very thin and brittle, my hair is almost 100% again.  It thinned a little on my head and is now healthy and thick again, but my legs are totally hairless, my doc thought that was odd, but I was secretly thrilled by finding that out.  I did not feel very femme at all during these last couple of years and it took my friends, ladies and men, to get me back to working on me.

Over the years I had grown a nice set of B cup breasts which I dearly loved, but the chemo destroyed through the loss of fat tissue.  I have now been on a regimen of Peuraria Mirifica phytoestrogen caplsules and cream, plus isometric exercises.  The ‘girls’ are making a come back finally, and I am hoping to achieve at least a nice C cup by the end of this year, I can now almost fill a B cup, which is where they were before.

My voice is recovered almost fully now also, as well as my skin is regaining its softness and ‘glow’ of being healthy.  It has been a lot to recover from, and at least this time I know exactly what I am doing, and where I need to go.  I know it’s not a year of new growth snd improvement, but it is a year of getting it back again.

Paula

i am so glad to hear you are cancer free and recovering your femininity! i have had a couple of friends with colorectal cancer,One is doing well seven years and cancer free.  i lost the other three years ago.  Keep on and if the nails don’t come back try press on. 😋

Hi Paula, and thankyou for sharing your story with us. I am so happy that you are on the mend again, your courage is second to none, to be honest, i think your story goes above and beyond acheivement, its truly awe inspiring 🙂

Love and kisses, Fiona xxx

Thank you Fionna and all the others for your support.  During all the treatments and clinics and hospital stays, the main driving force to help me through all of that was only partly my stubbornness.  The rest came from my youngest niece, Darby,  She kept track of my appointments and Dr visits, drove me to and from my chemo and radiation sessions (every day for 28 weekdays, 65 miles each way to and from the cancer center.).  She is in her mid 20’s and has so much more to do than care for her “Aunt” and a full life of her own to manage, and she never once complained to me or her mother (my sister) about any of it, and was always there when I woke from the surgeries and met the ambulance at the ER twice.

Whoever said young people are mostly only concerned about themselves was proven quite wrong by this wonderful young woman.

Paula.

I feel I made more progress this year than all my years put together. I believe it was due to CDH and all the members. I got to under rstand who i am. I really did not understand why I had this need my whole life to express my self in a feminate way.. I got to just  relax and enjoy reading about other people who have dealt with the same needs. I found it unbelievable that so many others from all parts of the world have dealt with the same issue. The need to express them selves as a woman. It is such a relief that it was not just me that had this need. I did not like this need before i joined CDH. It was a constant feeling that interrupted my life. Do not get me wrong .It was so much fun and exciting when i got that opportunity to express my real self. I found out there are so many different needs within the big picture. Some of us just want to dress at home and in total secretacy. Some will dress and venture out just for a walk. Then we have those who have found out they want to express themselves full time all the time. That is where I arrived. I am just tired of hiding. The internal fight I dealt with my whole life has come to a end. If i looked at where i started before i arrived here at CDH I was confused alone and miserable. I was dealing with depression , anxiety . I did not undetstand my self. Now I still have a little anxiety but I understand why.. I found out that I am a woman that has lived in a male for my whole life..I did what society expected of me . I do not want to do it any longer.. That is where i am today. Thank you to CDH and all its wounderful members. With  much 💘 Stephanie

Well said, self acceptance is so liberating

Hi Bettie Self acceptance came hard for me. What i am dealing with now is ok I accept  that i am a woman in a male body. It is the only thing that makes sense. I cannot go into denial anymore. I have to go forward now. The unknown variables are scary. I am going slowly very slowly. I have other people that depend on me for their survival. My male body can be used to help them survive. Anyway thank you Bettie. luv Stephanie

@Stephanie Kennedy Honey I feel your pain. I have always insisted that I just want to be free to merely dress as a woman and act like one, but something inside me wants more. I hate myself as a man even though I do have a wonderful wife, but I sometimes feel like I’m a failure as a guy. When I’m in female mode I feel deliriously happy at home. I am obsessed with dressing and making myself look as beautiful as I can, but it’s so hard and I feel like I have so many obstacles to face. When I’m dressed I want to go out and show myself off to the world, but I’m so self conscious and I am am scared of what the consequences may be if I go out in public. I too suffer from depression and anxiety and assuming my female persona is an escape from reality for me. We both need liberation and acceptance. I don’t have all the answers but just know I’m with you in the fight to be accepted and free.

Hugs n’stuff,

Victoria Elizabeth Scott XOXO

Hi Vicki what is nice about CDH is that there are people who just trying to understand why they do the things they do. Thats where I was and I love to share what i have learned. Then there are those woman who just want it to be right they are tired of hiding.  The more feminate I try to make myself I mean I come down stairs from my bedroom ready to go shopping I am completly tucked and smoothed over with additional panties wearing my cute designer jeans . A cute tee top that has nice flair at botton V neck. Button down blouse unbuttoned past V neck. Flip flops hair fluffed up and my wife will say I like your newstyle you look so handsome. I say to my self you have to be kidding. I am boarding on a flamboyant gay guy. Thats not the message i am trying to slowly let out. Lol I will get there some how. Luv Stephanie

P

There has been many ups and downs for myself

I’m moving forward, slowly but surely. To be honest I’m mostly at a point where I’m happy with who I am and where I am, so in fact No Progress can be considered a good thing. I am still trying to set challenges for myself, but they are becoming smaller and more specific; I don’t feel there’s much in the way of big steps that I need to take (albeit that there are some I *could* take).

Hi, for me i think i have made real progress. Started early in the year when Maxine friended me here and we started to email n text. We met face to face about 4 months ago in male clothes as i was still firmly n the closet. Lots of encouragement. About 2 months ago became friends with another lady from here who lived close and have been  emailing each other regularly with updates.

Then 2 weeks ago on a Saturday morning i got dressed, makeup, wig etc. and jumped in the car. I had never  been out of the hose for a drive before while dressed net even at night. I went to one of the big malls here in Auckland N.Z. and went in and walked around for an hour, looking in shops and conversing with the sales assistants when needed to. No issues. Grabbed a coffee there and jumped in the car and went to another place where i had to get something.

All in all i spent about 5 hours out and about, with no issues that i noticed. It felt so good. Maybe they talked after i left but who knows.

It was one of those spur of the moment things where i thought “Why not, you have always wanted to go out. So just do it“. Now just thinking about the next trip. I still can’t believe i did it.

Jane

Wow! Congratulations, i hope i can achieve that degree of progress by the end of this year.  Right now it is all part of a plan but time will tell

Fiona (and others),

I am happy to say that, especially in the last two months, I have made tremendous project.

So much progress, that I am now in the initial stages of transitioning to living full time as Krystanna.

I am fortunate enough to work at home most of the time, and have flipped my identity completely.

Now, I am always Krystanna, and only occasionally, when absolutely necessary, do I manifest my rapidly fading male self.

I dress, and pass, during the day (and of course evening).

I shop, takes walks, as Krystanna.

I am lucky enough to have an absolutely supporting cisgendered female partner. We got engaged in March, and we go out with me as Krystanna to do even the most basic errands (grocery shopping, returning and checking out library books, etc.).

She (my partner) explicitly prefers Krystanna, including sexually.

So, it is possible to transition, and have a loving partner, who doesn’t freak out, but actually embraces one’s transition.

I know, I am very lucky, and I have had other ex-partners, who seemed to be supportive, but proved not to be, which was very, very, painful.

That’s it for now. Glad to have the opportunity to share.

Stay strong, embrace your femininity, no matter how you express it.

By Sisters,

Krystanna

Wow Krystyna, you are one lucky girl!  i am so happy for you.  i am just starting my journey and uncertain where it will take me.  i don’t feel that i am Trans but i do have a distinct feminine persona that needs expression even as my traditional male persona still will get some expression.  They’ll just have to learn to share.  

Best of luck for your transition and you future 💋

Anonymous

I’ve not really made any progress as I’m still in the closet, the only difference is that I’ve made a few trips out in my car while dressed as Rozalyne, but I’ve only gone out very late at night so no one can see you in the dark and it’s nice to be able to go out en femme, i did stop and have a walk in a town centre near where I live and look in the shops they were all closed of course x there wasn’t many people about and no one took any notice of me which gave me a bit more confidence xxxxx

Rozalyn sometimes baby steps are all we get.  Everyone’s path is not the same and some do not go as far as others.  You are getting out, and any progress is better than going backwards or stagnating  

Id

love to say I’ve made progress but as usual at best i think I’ve stayed the same ,I don’t dress anywhere near as much as I’d like   But when I do I feel more feminine! I feel I’m making progress at looking better , when I feel I’m making progress with my wife she soon reminds me how she hates it and how it upsets her !! Um what about me ?? I think I need to make more time and push myself out a bit more xxx

I voted that I’ve made slow progress during 2019. The advances I’ve made have been big steps, but my opportunities to dress have decreased compared to last year. This year I’ve realized that I’m gender fluid and this is why I like to wear women’s clothes. I’ve experienced full facial make-up twice. I went outside my house for the first time fully dressed en fem for a 20min walk, even though it was at 4am. I had my first daytime outing wearing women’s clothes, I attended my CD/TG support group’s picnic. I started french tipping my toe nails and have had polish on my finger nails twice. I purchased my first pair of breastforms. I had to get new eyeglasses, so I chose a woman’s frame as well as a man’s frame. I’ve improved my comfort level and I’ll shop anywhere for my fem wardrobe. I’ve also started underdressing when I’m out shopping for my fem clothes. I’m looking forward to more positive steps for next year.

I checked “Other” because I have separated myself from 2 non-profits this year. My participation was no longer as satisfying as it once was. Meanwhile I have gotten involved in some other things that I think will be much better, more fun and more in keeping with what I bring to the table…

Angela
      Lady

I think I’ve made big strides this year. First was logging into CDH. It helped that there were others like me. After years of denial and avoiding dressing I started buying clothes online. Then I got my ears pierced. I got a bra fitting, bought my first set of clothes in drab. Then finally went out in public as Angela. My biggest progress was getting the courage to find a therapist. She’s helped me realize all those years of crossdressing were something else. I now know my journey has just begun. I need to be my authentic self 24/7. My next challenge is coming out to my family. It will be in the next couple of months. I’ve said this before but none of this would have been possible for me without the support, encouragement, and advice from all you fantastic ladies on this site. This is truly a wonderful community to be in and I am so happy I found all of you.

Hugs,

Angela

An update:

i now have my first matching skirt and top outfit!  🌹. I also have a pair of women’s 👞 Mary Janes since i can’t do heels, but my prosthetist ordered these for me without batting an eye.  i haven’t gotten my ears pierced yet because of money and this darn move but i will before Christmas!  Despite reverses like loss of my fifth toe and hospitalizations this year is progressing

Bobbie

I’ve pierced my own ears. I currently have three piercings in each ear. Its only mildly painfull obviously lots cheeper than pro piercings and there are lots of vids by young girl’s on U Tube showing how to do this.

If cash is tight perhaps something to consider???

Take care.
        Annie.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Anne-Marie.

I think I have continued to make slow but steady progress The breasts have continued to grow a little. I have further developed my style and have more clothes and shoes in that style. I’m also in the process of having a mind shift towards me having an even greater femme outlook and I think I’m more empathetic and tolerant of others.

Yes, I think thats slow but steady progress.

Take care girls.
      Anne-Marie.

Tiffany Alexis girl that sounds awesome! I also don’t have any body hair at all and have a hissy fit when it starts growing back again after I’ve shaved it all off. I’m just concentrating on developing the one style that I have adopted and perfecting that. I’m really struggling with high heels and favor boots which are much more comfortable. My girly voice is just about a range over my male voice with a Southern twang that I don’t find too hard to sustain thank goodness. I need significant help and progress with my makeup though, contouring my face, doing my eye shadow and applying winged eyeliner in particular.

Hugs n’stuff

Vicki XOXO

Wow Tiffany! you sure have made huge inroads with your journey!! keep it up!! i’m super happy Fionatastically for you!!! *giggles* 🙂

Fiona xxx

Once again TJ, fantastic news! i hope you continue to move forward and have a happy and fulfilling journey for many years to come xxx

Fiona xxx

Hi Stephanie,

Your post has resonated so much with me.  Since I joined CDH I have had this feeling that it was becoming a little clearer to me, having thought myself to be your ‘average’ crossdresser I am now beginning to realise that it is more than that.  I feel female in myself more often and it isn’t just about the clothes, it is about me and what is inside. I now realise that I am female, it is just the outer shell that doesn’t fit.  The posts and comments have been so helpful in getting me to view things differently, there still remains the problem of how to level this with every day life.

Jessica x.

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?