Viewing 131 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls 🙂 . This poll is all about who has built up the courage to go out dressed femme and who have not as yet ventured out into the big wide world dressed femme. Also, if you have not gone out as yet, why? What is stopping you? Do you go out dressed femme all the time? my prediction is roughly 50/50 here, go on girls lets see the results!

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

Out dressed very occasionally, and so far staying away from crowded areas.  But yay! fresh air!

If you include the surrounds of the house then loads of times.  And yes I do have neighbours who could by chance notice me.

Marianne
      Ambassador

I have been occasionally wearing partly women’s clothes or shoes outside for more than 20 years around home and on my trips for work. In the fall of 2012 I so finally decided going full out with a complete outfit, wig, makeup and accessories. From that I quickly expanded my horizons and today I wear at least a bit of women’s clothing almost everyday and confidently go out fully dressed in most environments including shopping, dining out, staying at hotels and medical appointments. My lifelong wish is to one day start living as a woman full time.

Ellen Marianne Tornander

Anonymous

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Have only managed to go out fully dressed femme twice when I had a few days home alone. As I am firmly in the  closet the opportunity to fully dress femme is rare unfortunately</p>

Leonara
      Ambassador

Ready to step out of the closet. My New Years resolution to attend tg/cd discussion group en femme and see where my journey will lead me!!

Anonymous

Hi Fiona!

I think that you left out one important answer. “Never been out, I don’t want/not interested in doing so”.

Having said that, personally, I very seldom have chances to have “me time”, but some years ago it was kind of “you name it, I have done it” as long as it didn’t involve any dating or related stuff. 🙂

Gaby 💜

Oh! Gabriela grrr I knew I would leave something out! ……. i’m a failure!

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

[quote quote=139211]Oh! Gabriela grrr I knew I would leave something out! ……. i’m a failure!

Fiona xxx

[/quote]

Ha! You know I didn’t mean it that way! 🙂 no friend of mine is a failure, but they are only human and subjet to fail. There!

Anonymous

[quote quote=139211]Oh! Gabriela grrr I knew I would leave something out! ……. i’m a failure!
      Fiona xxx
      [/quote]

There is the “none of these” option!   I’d say take off that “failure” hat and put on this “Miss Poll Creator 2018” sash.  😉

Awww Jasmine 🙂 thankyou! Gabriela, I was only kidding! take care hunnies! have fun!

Fiona 🙂 xxxx

I selected none as the I feel my views and experiences fall between the top two choices, though neither really fits the billet for me.  I wear the clothes that make the most sense to me on a daily basis which generally means a combination of both men’s and women’s clothes.  Also, when out, I am not trying to be a woman so find dressing femme to be a inaccurate description.  I am just trying to be me.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Hi Girls,                                                                                                                                                                                 Many years ago when I was young, thin and pretty I went out in public most every weekend. Now that I’m back x-dressing again after a 23 year break I have not yet taken that step to go fully Brenda. In my opinion, partially en femme or under dressed does not count.         Hugs, Brenda

I chose “none of these” because I’m still too new to crossdressing and 1) I do not have any outfits yet to wear outside the closet and 2) I still need a wig and makeup skills to at least attempt to pass.  So my option would be to new to go out en femme.

I would chose 3, 4, and 5 if I could.

I need to do more with my face. Lots more. I need to do more with my shape. I need to adopt more feminine movements. I need to paint my nails. I need to buy jewelry and a ladies watch. And a purse or two. I need to learn how to walk in heels, even low heels. And after that, I need to join the local Crossdressers meetup group (there actually is one in my town).

Then I’ll be ready!!!

Love the poll. As for myself I go out occasionally as a woman. Love to go shopping for clothes, and heels. Don’t   really care what people think. I am comfortable being me. And not letting others put me down.

Ladies if you are new to this and want to venture out as a woman but don’t know if you can do it. I have advice for that. Start out small, work on who you are first. Second have a great support system. Like for me I have a really great friend that is like a sister to me. She understands me, and loves when we go shopping together. She loves when we go out and have fun as just us women. I also have a group of great friends that understand me, and know me well. So ladies it takes time courage and patients. I’m rooting for you ladies that want to but haven’t had the courage to do so.

Hi Girls,

Love the poll, I have chosen number 3, the only time I have even been out en femme was to my wife’s crossdress birthday party! Over and above that my wife doesn’t approve of me getting all dressed up!

Hopefully one day I’ll be able to go out in full en femme mode!

Happy 2019! Let’s see what the year is going to bring us!

Huggs Connie

Anonymous

I have only been out a few times at nite just walking the side walks, but a thrilling experience for sure ! Each time i would venture a bit further.  That first step out on the walk and the sound of the shoes is terrifying but once you get going , it is one of the most exhilarating experiences i have ever had.

Lisa

Anonymous

I’ve never been out to any sort of venue dressed up  I’ve been out in my car a few times dressed up late at night which has been very nice to actually get out en femm,, I’m hoping to get out a bit more this year i would love to have a proper photo shoot while being fully dressed and made up, to be able to see what it feels to actually look and feel like a real woman would be great i will keep you all posted on how things go for me xxxxx hugs Rozalyne x i hope everyone has a great new year xxxxx

Anonymous

Been out a few times now, almost all since joining this wonderful site!

First time out as Laura was my wife’s costume party 3 years ago.

I had to collect 2 friends of my wife’s from the station, and their train got in 15 mins before the party started. Hence I had to go out in costume (as per my profile page).

They didn’t know what my car looked like so I had to go into the station to find them.

Given that order from my wife, how could I possibly refuse :0)

Even though the female friend had seen me en femme before, at a Halloween party at her house, my outfit caught her a bit by surprise – and her new boyfriend was visibly shocked hehehe. Especially as the dress had a slight tendency to rise up and show a little more than was decent – but then, I was a pop star, and pop stars in short dresses do that (I’m thinking Agnetha from ABBA in the early days).

Every time we meet up with them he makes some humourous comment like “No dress this time?”, and I come back with “Maybe next time, darling!”. It could actually be next time if I get my way…

Um… so my answer is sometimes :0)

Love

Laura

I sadly don’t have the ability to amass a full-on femme outfit. My wife is not supportive, and we have a small house with limited hiding spots! Also I feel like there is literally no way I would pass, even from a distance, and I wouldn’t have the confidence to go out. Maybe one day I’ll just screw up the courage and say ‘Fuck it’ (can we swear here? I swear an awful lot in real life…) and just go out. But not anytime in the foreseeable future.

Even though I’ve been dressing at home for many years I’ve never done much with makeup and only one cheap wig.  I’d like to get some professional help with both first, practice at home, then maybe venture out, but far away from the small town I live in now.

I have gone out a few times fully dressed wig make up. I go out wearing female jeans, tights, leggings and tops all the time. Friends and family know,I very rarely get negative comments from strangers. Why because I just don’t care about what others think and neither should you. Your Family should stand by your side. Friends shouldn’t care either. If they do then they where never your friend to start with. Remember it’s not the clothes that make the person but the person that makes the person. If we are not free to express ourselves then life would be boring.

I’m not per say, scared, but I would like someone with experience to help me get dressed and made up because I have never fully dressed before. If I had someone to help me, I’d love to go out.

My sentiments exactly. I practice, but I need someone who knows what they’re doing to show me how to put on makeup, lmao. It’s my favorite part and I so rarely get it right.

Anonymous

I haven’t gone out because I do not have enough clothes to go out yet. I can’t drive and I live a few minutes out of town, the only way to town is the highway and I don’t feel like walking along the highway. I can’t get a ride either because I’m still closeted. Still trying to think of a way around it.

Anonymous

Before I signed up here and subsequently had “the talk” with my SO, I was petrified of going out dressed in case anyone saw me – unless I was either with my SO, or had “permission”, as in the episode I described previously.

Then, about a year ago, my massage therapist took on a Trans assistant to her growing staff. Her establishment offers “fun” therapies as well as “proper” therapies – I go for the latter as I have a diagnosed back condition, which affects the whole sciatic nerve system. The reason I have chosen this establishment over high street ones is that she offers therapies which include the butt area – which high street ones avoid. The butt is a major part of the nerve system which affects my lower back pain, so missing it out leaves me in concentrated pain.

When the new assistant started, my therapist recommended her to me, but I could not accept, being repelled by the thought of being touched by a genetic man, even if he had transitioned. Judge me as you will, it is just my feeling.

Each time I made a booking, she would try to get me to try this assistant until I said that I’d rather wear a dress myself than be massaged by a guy in a dress. This tickled her – she has a great sense of humour and I’ve been going to her for nearly 10 years.

Shetold me that if I wore a dress to my session, I could have a 10% discount.

What further encouragement did I need?

I made myself up, dressed, and drove over excitedly. When I got there, I had a short walk from where my car was parked to her shop.

She saw me on the CCTV and phoned me instantly, excitedly telling me how gorgeous I looked. The duty therapist let me in, and was so conplimentary, making me feel instantly relaxed.

I have been going there fully dressed ever since, enjoying the drive, but with a packed bag of male clothing just in case!

Now I’ve talked to my SO, who it transpires is not bothered about anyone except her parents and our children seeing me, I no longer need permission from others.

But I did need my wife’s. If only I’d recognised that earlier in life!

I envy people who do not feel like they need permission – and now I’m much freer, I wonder why I thought I did – what, exactly does one stand to lose realistically?

Before, I remained in the closet, essentially cutting myself off from the world like a self-imposed prison sentence, for which I’d committed no crime (thanks, Freddie Mercury!).

Now I feel a bit more like a champion. I just need to knock down the final barriers one at a time. There is more work to do, to bring understanding to others and obtain the widest possible acceptance.

Maybe there’s still something inside that’s stopping me – I need my wife’s understanding on a much wider scale. But that is something to work on this year!

I hope 2019 brings you lovely ladies more acceptance – and please do go out. It’s the ultimate feeling of liberation.

Love

Laura

Hi Fiona great poll :), I have selected no the whole idea of going out scares me. Although I am able to stand in my doorway at home which looks out to a busy main road dressed femme and have a cigarette! I am starting to get to a point where I actually don’t care what people will think of me and they can keep their opinions to themselves! I am who I am so deal with it :).

Love Samantha x

Rami Love
      Lady

Fear not, I am woman but not yet presentable as such, with a little help from my friends I will vey soon be with you.

Love you

Rami

I underdress a lot, wearing panties underneath my “guy clothes” at least 50% of the time. As for going out fully femme, I’m scared of doing it yet for several reasons. First, there is the fear of being recognized by a co-worker, or in my case as a college lecturer, a student. I know most of them would be accepting, but still. Second, while most of the people in the city where I live are fairly liberal, it’s still in a very conservative area of the South, so not passing may cause some issues. Plus, I’m very shy, so the idea of strangers staring at me scares the bejeezus out of me. Last, I don’t feel ready yet in my journey to step out. My voice is baritone and my posture/mannerisms just aren’t to a place yet where I can feel comfortable being outside. I worry the whole experience would be ruined because I’d give the vibe of being “some weird dude in women’s clothing”.

wow, this thing got long. Thanks for reading!

Cate

Anonymous

I have not gone out, I’m shy-ish by nature, but it’s something I think about doing. I’d love to find a couple of girls in my area to do a make-over day over a glass of wine or two, then we just walk around a park or something, go shopping maybe, chit-chat, get a drink somewhere. No plans, just being out and about as a woman. I fear running into someone that’d recognize me. As big as my city is, it can be a small world sometimes. Carrying patience with it!

Anonymous

I went out fully en femme over fifteen years ago on Halloween and had a great time (it was Halloween – I wasn’t worried about being outed since I was wearing a “costume” as far as anybody else was concerned).  Since then, I have only driven around a couple times after dark without stopping anywhere (did stop and get gas once) or have gone outside and stayed near my house at night.  That’s it.  I’m still fully closeted and the only people that know of me are the ladies here at CDH.

Maybe someday it will change, but I am not optimistic.

Tricia

No, not yet. Partly because I’ve spent the last 20 years trying to deny and submerge who I am and partly because I’m a scaredy cat. My wife is accepting and supportive and will shop and go out with me, so it will happen  sooner than later, most probably.
      We’re just getting to a point where we’re both at ease with this and are moving forward with our lives, together.

I have not gone  out en femme, due to being scared of being seen by anyone that may recognize me.  Also, with all the video vlogers now days, I am afraid of being recognized by family, just because I was caught on camera walking by.

If I dress I go out. Typically this is during the day and I enjoy going about my regular life as a female. I go pretty much wherever I want. The only places I would not go might be some of my daily guy stuff-work, banks etc. I know many stick with LBGT establishments but this has no bearing for me, nothing negative about it but typically not in my loop. I have wonderful friends I meet sometimes for lunch, dinner or activities but more often I am solo.

I really started my public ventures in 2009 and by 2010 was out all the time. In these last 9 years I don’t think I would take the time required for makeup and dressing and not go out-simply I would not do either. I am either 100 guy or Sandy, I don’t wear panties or other items daily. I get a craving but that usually pushes the Time for a Fem Day closer. Life is busy and I don’t go out much now but make the day count.

Don’t really have a bucket list but I have pushed what I have done and where I go for many years. I think my biggest single step was visiting a BMW and Lexus dealer to test drive a couple cars I was interested in. It was fun driving a 6 spd manual in 4″ heels. I was going to buy one but it sold the day before I decided-Oh well.

I have been treated with nothing but kindness and proper respect while out.

Take the step ladies!

Sandy

Anonymous

I have not and really have no plans to . I enjoy wearing women’s clothes and feeling feminine , but don’t attempt to pass. I don’t do makeup ( though I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately ) and don’t have a wig ( been thinking about that also) I’m often envious of you gurls who can pass and go out in public.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Other than stealth dressing (where my clothes are all ladies clothes but not obviously so) which I do 95% of the time anyway, I go out when the mood strikes me (to Walmart, for a drive counseling appointments, etc.) . The only restrictions I place on myself is not usually going in full Cyn mode to a place I go frequently in male mode (e.g. the McDonalds closest to me, the pool bar I play league at every week).
      Cyn

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I have been out many times enfemme and loved every second of it. In my old “travelling days” “clubbing in places far from home”, but latterly “walks in the park’ shopping trips and the last one was “dinner out with a friend” aka the makeup artist who made me look and feel comfortable enough to go out.

Still a bit reluctant to go out when I do my own make up. But when that happens, happy to stay inside.

I should add that also in the “old travelling days” I would go out. But only at night and walk along a secluded beach or park. Lucky I was not attacked.!!!..

Caty

Anonymous

I decided to venture out en femme because I was looking for new ways to enjoy my feminine side. Dressing by myself at home was not as exciting as it once was. I wanted to interact with other people. I went out shopping and had a wonderful time. Even though I chose a destination that I knew was CD/TV/TG friendly, I was still nervous at first. However the staff at the store was very helpful and supportive. Being seen as and treated like a lady felt amazing. I’m looking forward to more adventures. My next goal is to go out on the town with some friends.

I have only had the opportunity to dress en femme in public once.  I met a fellow CD at a coffee shop.  Even though this CD friend went male mode, it was comforting to meet someone who would be accepting of me.  My whole experience was liberating.  It was mostly women in the coffee shop who casually glanced at me when I entered but then went back to their conversations.  I blended in.  Hooray!!!!  We sat down and I noticed an older gentleman at a nearby table who kept glancing at my 36 D breasts (had my forms glued on of course).  So I turned my chair slightly from the table towards him and crossed my legs in that womanly way so he could better see my breasts.  Funny how many women don’t like to be treated as sex objects, yet for those who think as I do, it would be wonderful to have someone gaze upon us as a female sex object.  This gentleman left eventually but he’ll never know how he unwittingly made my day.  Unfortunately being closeted as I am, I have not had another chance to go en femme in public but for my sanity, I need to get out in public en femme.   The thrill of looking at myself in the mirror just isn’t the same anymore.

Anne

This was actually my second time around but apart from a dew less nerves it was pretty much the same thing.  Some of you aussie gals may recognise the places but for the international crowd DT’s is a bar which caters for Gay, Lesbian Trans and CD’s  Hope you enjoy the read

Okay where to start:
      As always at the beginning. It was a stinking hot day. My previous foray to DT’s was exactly the same sort of weather and poor Glenda sweated her way through both nights. I am sure the DT’s staff must think I have a sweating problem because the two times I have been there I have been sweating profusely.
      Anyway back to the story, got home from work and tried to cool down as best I could watched some telly and relaxed until 6 pm when I knew it was time to get started.
      Shower, shave, face arms and legs all got the treatment and there I am standing there ready to go.
      Pop on my latex vagina, hips and panties using up some of my precious tapes and sticky stuff, then panties on and a panty girdle to hold them all in place. Breasts are next tapes tac wipes and my nice matching Black and red lace bra to go with the panties.
      so standing there I whip out my eyebrow pencil and to work I go. Ten minutes later my eyebrows look almost feminine, I’ll take that she says and continues on just a about to start work on the eyeliner when ding dong goes the doorbell, have no idea who it is so stand paralyzed for a second or two then madly start stuffing things into bags, rip out the make up remover and take off what I have started pull some shorts over my bottom bits and slip out of the bra and forms.
      Walk to the door a couple of minutes after the doorbell goes and open the door and no one is there
      God I hate that.
      Back to work eventually my makeup is done, hair is done and my handbag has all the things I may need tonight. Open the door, its still light enough outside for people to see me but I chance it and dive in to the car. Dress is hoiked up hair gets blown around but I am safely in.

As I drive off down the street my head is on a swivel like one of those little bouncy head dogs you used to see on the parcel shelf of cars, checking to see if any neighbours have chosen that moment to come out to water the garden or put the bins out, but no its all clear and I am safe and away.

Adrenaline dump… Foot starts to shake on the accelerator pedal but Glenda is getting to be an old gal at this now so she tells herself get your shit together woman and I take a big breath and off we go.

Stopped at a set of traffic lights  and a ute pulls up beside me and I can see that the passenger is an older guy maybe in his late 40’s and he is giving me a stare. Panic has he spotted me, has he picked me, shit does he know me, or the SO or our car? Cant be helped now so I turn a little towards him and he gives me a nice smile. Lights go green and off I go. Not so bad, crazy thoughts of catching up to them and flashing some breast at them rush in and rush straight out again.

Arrive at DT’s and find a park, climbing in and out of cars modestly without opening my legs wide for everyone to see what I had for lunch is still something I will have to work on. Legs wobble a bit as I take the first few steps regain my balance, remember to walk slow and smaller steps as I head along the path. Oh shit a woman and her daughter come out and start walking toward me. Woman up I say and smile as I keep walking and she smiles back. Twenty yards to go a cross walk and now 3 males walking along no problem Glenda’s confidence is up

As I arrive at the front door of DT’s a big deep breath and in I go

Caught up with many of the ladies I have been chatting to and emailing finally face to face which was lovely. Had my eyes opened a little as Tayla talked about some of the BDSM things she does and met a lovely girl down from Mackay. Finally watched the show that was put on and then feet aching and hot and sweaty said my goodbyes and back home

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

Glenda,
        I love your writing style-it reminds me of another Aussie member we used to have-conversational and humorous! I look forward to meeting you in chat one day and also to reading more of what you write here!
        Cyn

No I have never been out I am scared but I feel I am working up to it actually looking forward to it. I still need a wig and work on makeup. Soon.

I have been out femme on a couple of occasions.

Sadly, it’s been about finding the time and opportunity to get out.

I do also need to build make-up skills etc before I go out more.

I do recall one adventure when I drove to Warragamba Dam, about 30km from home at the time. Middle of the day.  It felt so right to be dressed, made up and being myself.  I parked the car, got out and walked around the dam visitors area. A few people saw me and it was nerve-wracking, but, felt just so right!

I don’t do hair and makeup either girls, at least not yet. And I too am a bit of a chicken shit as far as being noticed, it might not be good for my bizz in our smallish community. But I’ve been out fully dressed in public a couple times now, just not close to home. Felt great.

Anonymous

I used to go out enfemme, but stopped.  It was always just driving, although I did have to stop for gas and go inside.  Cashier didn’t care.

Anonymous

The last time I ventured forth en femme, I wore a knee length skirt and tall rubber boots with a 4″ heel (as in my profile photos.)  I was shopping in Victoria Secret for lingerie and the saleslady walked by and said….”Nice boots!”

It made my day.

Susan

I went on femme to comming out day in texas originally went to wrong place at zoo but was aaccepted there heals in wood planks kept getting stuck but I enjoyed my self

OMG! I went out for the first time tonight! Dressed and on my own, to ‘an event’ with completely accepting, awesome people! It was amazing! I made a few contacts with some cool peeps and I’m going to see them again tomorrow at the same place!

I’m so excited! I never would have went out if it wasn’t for this site. Thank you all so much!!

I love all of you! I’m so glad I’m not alone.

Lol, I want to go into more detail, but its late.. I’m a bit buzzed and I’m not sure how much I should/can say about the place I was at.

Oh, and I guess I need to change my name, cause for whatever reason, I blurted out Michelle and stuck with it.

PS. So many people told me I looked good/cute. I have never felt butterflies like that. Having a girl gasp at how strong your are or feel up your chest, just does not feel the same as getting a compliments like that?

PS., PS. Someone saw me! Walking from the car to the appartment.. it was a guy, he slowed down to let me finish getting across the street, then noticeably crept by going like 10 yards before he sped back up… I think he was checking me out! ☺😊 I dont think he got a great view of my face, so… he must’ve been 🤤 Hehe…

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I’ve never gone out either, though I mentioned elsewhere that I went out fully underdressed for the first time yesterday, and stood in a busy line to get lunch. I was getting very nervous with all these guys right beside me, and my padded 36C poking out a bit. My jacket hid most of me though.

That was my challenge to myself though. The place had a drive through as well, but I purposely went inside to order.

I live in a small town, and still newish here, but don’t want to be recognized, or remembered, as I get to know people.

There is an attraction about going out en femme, kind of like the old “moth to the flame” adage, only the moth doesn’t know what the flame can do to it. We do, and its’ our imagination that gets the better of us, at least me, I think, as we think about all the terrible things that could happen to us whilst out en femme.

I have a little white convertible, which is safely tucked away for the winter, and perhaps this summer I will get the courage to go out for a drive, en femme, with the top down. Our house is very private, so at least I don’t have to worry about neighbours seeing me as I leave.

However, maybe I should shave my beard first??? That’ll be a toughie.

Hope I didn’t bore you lovely ladies with too much information!

Amy

The Beatles song lyrics, “mmm, gonna try with a little help from my friends”.
      Vanessa of CDH (a friend to us) wrote an article about fear which inspired me to look at exactly WHY I was afraid to open (literally) the door of my apartment to the outside world in broad daylight.
      That why was FEAR. Fear kept me hostage, dressed to the nines, in my apartment.
      It was only when I confronted my fear, one on one, that I was able to open my door to the outside world. And Dears, I feel like a liberated woman, going out as Nikki!

One thing I can say is that I have certainly learned some valuable lessons as I have ventured into the real world as an elderly woman. I’ve had numerous contacts with many people, so many personalities I’ve had to learn to deal with. The feeling of being me out in the real world as a woman has been amazing… When I began to experience that feeling I also woke up to the fact that not being myself was something I couldn’t stand anymore… All the coping mechanisms I’d used to get through the course of any given day were not going to be enough anymore… Changes occurred rapidly the more I experienced the taste of what life could be with my living openly as a woman… That’s when I knew that feeling was never going away regardless of what happened when I came out. Literally, everything in my life changed!!! I was lucky, because as I adapted to living a whole new life style, overtime I was able to blend and was accepted as a female everywhere I went and people treated me the way I wanted and needed to be treated.. Overall, living as a woman came very natural to me… Happily today I’m living openly and never been happier, but for a while I did have some terrible issues to resolve about what I wanted, where I was headed, who I was about and how I was going to reach and obtain the goal of feeling good about myself… Trisha

Trisha Roberts

Khloe West
      Duchess

Tough call on the single answer. I’d suggest multiple options for the future.

A very long story, but only really came to terms with my dressing a few back at 51. A practical joke on FB with the wife slid sideways.

Months later and having gotten a “drag makeover” on YT? (Search “straight husband goes drag ~ I’ma ’bout the only thing that pops up) I thought it would be a one off goof. I never expected it to be something that “took off”, but it did!

Been in artsy film, several modeling jobs, some casting calls, and simply needed to have that level of “brave” to walk out the door in full femme at 9AM – wave at the neighbors – and just say “Just going to work!”

Most find it a pretty cool aberration to their norm.

I have gone out only a few times dressed totally.  Living in the South near a big military base, one has to be careful and in my case, extra careful, cause if my wife found out I still dress, it won’t bode well, especially for me.  My wife does not think it appropriate for men to dress in women’s clothing and that’s putting it real mildly.  I have tried in the past to give her legitament info that dressing that it’s not about sex or orientation, but she is holding fast to her belief that crossdressing is bad.  I can’t make her see that it’s not a deviant behavior, so I have not tried for a few years.  But getting back to the question.  I have gone out 3 times fully dressed,(conservatively).  Once to a gas station with several people around, once to  minit Mart store for coffee and once to a Dollar General store, all of which were during the day time.  No reprocussions, no snide remarks, a few stares but that’s to be expected as I am not to passable at 67.  But the best one I did was I took a drive into the surrounding country side, pulled onto a country / farm road.  There, about a 1/2 mile down the road, I stopped next to a deserted farm house.  Got out of car, walked over to a big tree, .stood there for about 15/20min and while wearing my white mid calf skirt and beig blouse and hi heeled boots, watch the sun set.  The feeling I got while dressed and watch the sun set is indescribable.  One has to experience it.  The sunset was beautiful and I experienced a calm that I have not done forever it seemed.  That was by far the best going out dressed day I ever experienced.  I am planning on doing it again, hopefully, tomorrow.

I haven’t yet, but with wife’s encouragement it’s coming soon. Not afraid of being found out but I would hate to get into with someone because they say something stupid

Anonymous

That’s not very lady like. Like water on the back of a duck, let it roll off.

I have gone out more than a few times..always exciting and knee shacking and heel clicking nervousness..which I do so love as that’s kind of a thrill seeking feeling.  But, I remember when I first went outside dressed. It was after my mom found out that I was into crossdressing. She wanted me to drop the mail off in the mail box down at the end of the block. I told her that I had already taken the mail down but I lied as I wanted to dress up and take the mail down enfemme. When my mom went to sleep. I went and pulled out my suit case my mom gave me to keep my fem things in that she had given me. I put on some white panties and bra,  drk brwn pantyhose and a jean skirt & Jean jacket that I taken from my female cousin who was staying with us for a while,  & a white blouse as well. then I put on some make up and a wig that I had from halloween. It  was a black curly haired wig that didn’t look to bad.  Grabbed my high heels and carried them as I went down stairs. As I got to the door I turned the porch light off opened the door quietly and went outside. I put my heels on and started my walk down to the end of the block. I was so nervous and shacky but was excited at the same time. Loved the way the wind felt on my pantyhosed legs. As I got to the end of the block I dropped off the mail and decided to make a trip around the block instead of turning around and going back to the house. As a few cars would pass by I would look away but, I did get some whistles and hey whats ur phone number. But, nothing more than that, but, to me that was a exciting success in itself. As I got back to the house I couldn’t believe that I just did that and I didn’t get caught. I took my heels off at the door and opened the door quietly and closed it in the same maner. I put my heels back on and walked to the couch quietly as we had a hard wood floor, lol..idk why I didnt jst walk to the couch in my nylon feet as they wouldn’t have made any sound when I go back and think of it..i thinking was jst the fact if hearing my heels in the hardwood floor even tho still trying to be quiet.   Went & sat on the couch for a bit and watched tv. After A bit I took my heels off and walked back up stairs making sure no to wake my mom. As I got to my room I changed out of my cousin’s clothes and my clothes and changed into some biege pantyhose and a white night gown my mom gave me and climbed in bed. I was excited about going out 4 the 1st time fully dressed & I couldn’t wait 4 another chance.

I just lived that as that was such a big step for me back then..and at times when I go out when time allows and not so busy with daily Male life.  I still get that same feeling and just love it..xoxo

I always challenge myself to go somewhere daring but still blend in.

My ultimate goal is to attend a women’s event or conference and blend in with the other ladies.

Most organizations and events don’t mind if a ‘transgender’ attends an all women’s event these days.

Anonymous

My SO still has the apartment she had before she moved in with me  a few years back. We use it as our “getaway” place.  One weekend she was out of town, so I got dressed at home, drove to her place(about 30mins away) and sat on her front porch most of the day.  The neighbors thought I was her. They walked down the street waving and calling out hello to her. I just smiled and waved.

Chelly

Anonymous

I have never gone out———WIFE forbids it…………..she is very very jealous of her creation !!!  And, I think she knows I have a very weak ability to resist temptations…………gotta agree with her there !!

Mikki

Ricky
      Lady

I have never gone out fully dressed.  I have gone out with panties a garter and stockings underneath but it’s been years. And O what a thrill!  My significant other is completely against dressing so I do not anymore except rarely in private!! I would love to go with a group of others in like a provate club or something  but ibdont see that being possible. But i dont think i desire tobwalk around town or anything  dressed.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Girls, I just re read this post of mine from not long after I joined up here at CDH. I cannot believe how much has changed for me in the couple of months or so since then.

To date, I have been out four times, en femme. The biggest factor in this, was an invitation from a couple of members of a local CD social group, who are also members here, and saw that I was in the area. They convinced me that I would be welcome, whether dressed, drab, or something in between. Even the beard was OK. So I decided that I would go to their pub night, as it is held in a private upstairs room, with a seldom used bathroom to change in, if I wanted.

As the idea of attending took shape, I decided that if I was going to attend, I must make an effort to dress. So, I did! What a great, accepting, friendly group, rather like the folks here. Then an offshoot of them, invited me to a get together at their home.

Since then, I’ve been to two more pub nights, and now sans beard! It was a bit weird at first to be without it, but now I don’t miss it. The last two pub nights, I drove home fully en femme, and since its’ such a long drive, I’ve stopped and gone into a coffee shop to get a bit of refreshment both times. Just parked, walked in, ordered, said thank you, and then back out. I must add that this place is very quiet this late at night, few customers, but well lit, and in a safe area. As safe as life can ever be. There was a drive through available, but the challenge to myself was to actually get out of my car, and walk in to order. If any of the staff or other customers thought I was odd, they didn’t show it, but it is staff’s job to serve customers, whoever they are.

This can depend on where you are, and in what part of the world. Here in Canada we have strong laws in place that make discrimation based on sex, or sexual orientation, of any kind illegal, and like they do help make it safer for those not in the majority. Not that its’ perfect either here, but it has helped even the field.

I don’t have the confidence yet to go out into a really public setting, but am making progress. Appearance is one thing, movement and body language counts, and above all confidence is the biggest thing, I think. CIS women come in all shapes and sizes, and as they age, lose the lovely female shape, so with a bit of help from pads in the right place, hair, etc. etc., I think that I make can a passable femme. Still need to make progress, of course, in all aspects. Haven’t done much make up yet, and would to have a full makeover done sometime, but better yet, do it myself!

Amy

Anonymous

I don’t go out en femme in a traditional way , it’s the agreement my wife & I have made. I go to a venue for full makeovers however I wear female underwear ,anklets , bracelets , athletic gear – leggings , shorts , tracksuits ( we do exercise classes together), lip gloss , coloured toe nail polish , finger nails have clear nail polish constantly in public – alone or with my wife.

Just a few times I have been out, hoping to get out a bit more

Anonymous

I don’t go out, yet. Obsessive-compulsive that I am, I balk at doing anything unless I can do it well; so I’m in a holding pattern until I can make a check mark in the “makeup” box.

Becka
      Lady

Thought I had responded to this, but maybe not.

I answered “occasionally” because I can only really “dress” on weekends.  During the week I am in “work” clothes.

On weekends, in hybrid mode, like today!  It feels so good!

Posting in another story about other happenings yesterday (Saturday 1st).

R

K Swim
      Lady

Occasionally during the summer time, but in the shadow of the night with no one else around.

I have put occasionally. However it is most of the time.

I dress in male mode normally at the weekend when I’m with my wife. Though see is accepting she still wants her husband. Most of the rest of the time I dress as a woman. This includes work.

Ryanne

I posted ‘occasionally’. I only dress if I’m going out, and I do so on average about once a week. Sometimes simply shopping or photography expeditions, sometimes social events and most of the time (these days) simply to work.

Anonymous

Go out. For me its yes and no I guess. Where I live out in the country living on 5 acres of land I do go outside while dressed as a woman. As long as my neighbor isn’t out mowing his back field my back yard is very private. I have recently started changing into women’s yoga pants and a cami top for my drive home then stay dressed like that till its bedtime at which pping I put a nightie on. One day on my way home I went into s convenience store yo pick up some beer in yoga pants and a cami. No other customers where in there and the oriental couple who owns the place acted as they normally do when I go in dressed as a man. Last weekend I went closer into the city to shop at Walmart dressed as a woman but lost my nerve. I did ho in dressed as a man and took my time shopping the womans department without worry of someone I lnow seeing me. I may try it again this coming weekend.

I only fully dress when I’m out of town.  But I’ve never had any trouble when I did.  Last trip, I did grocery shopping en femme & went out to dinner.  Rachel never felt more of a woman than this past trip.

I voted ‘occasionally’.  Its usually every chance I get which is about once every two weeks. I usually drive somewhere and have a nice walk; if I’m pressed for time I have a local walk around the neighbourhood.

If I’ve got lots to do at home, then I’ll just go out in the garden for a while.

Now I’m fairly used to going out, I’m planning to go to places where there are more people and shopping areas.

I found going out initially a bit daunting – started with walks in the evening, first day-time outing I was very nervous and anxious – but after a couple more I was OK. Now I look forward to my outings…

I have not gone out dressed. I am very afraid to, even though I have worn a skirt u under my shorts and been tempted more ti.es than I can count. I’m afraid that when the time comes and I finally decide to show my pretty face to the World that I will never stop! That is what scares me more than anything

Samantha
      Lady

I live in a small welsh town. It scares me to go out dressed as a woman. I still am trying to pluck up the courage to go out. may one day go to Cardiff city, it may be more tolerant

My enjoyment comes from putting and wearing femme things. I can’t tell you the excitement I feel when I am putting on pantyhose. The MOST exciting thing is putting on a bra. I don’t even know the words. I wear a 40B, and always with a front closure. I love to feel the bra around my chest, and to feel the straps on my shoulders. An indescribable feeling! What I truly lust is a pair of silicone inserts. I can’t imagine what those shoulder straps would feel like with a little bit of weight pulling down.
      Getting back to the question. No matter what I still look like a guy. I don’t want to be outside looking like a guy dressed up as a woman.
      I want to share you all an experience I had last week. I went into a grocery store around noon and there was a ton of women of all ages in there. I felt connected to all of them! I have a femme side and I felt a very real connection with all the women. A very nice feeling.

Anonymous

I want to go out fully femme but SO is dead set against it. Secondly I need a make over and a decent wig. I have ventured out underdressed did it early to a local park. I had on shorts, cami and some makeup. It was exciting and I really enjoyed the outing. I have gone shopping underdressed with bra, femme jeans, flats and modest makeup. I was nervous but realized most people don’t notice. I am not passable but love the feeling when dressed I eventually overcome my nerves and just relax. Some day when I can get time I will get the makeover and do the experience right. On one of my early outings I even met a guy at the park, pleasant conversation and a little flirting, that was a real heart stopping moment. I look forward to the day I go all out.

Anonymous

Some day I will get a makeover too!

In the meantime, I don’t care as much about passing as about being accepted by others.

I’m happy to limit my makeup to a wig and forms under a dress.

From a distance, it works just fine.

Close up, in my experience, people might be a little surprised, but if they show it, they tend to show it in a nice way.

Don’t worry about the makeover! Many women go out without makeup, and we can too.

Love Laura

Anonymous

Deana,
        Now that I finally found a bra which fits and is comfortable, I’m wearing it under a ladies’ tee and jeans, and feeling good about it. A makeover is next, possibly as soon as next week. I promised my wife a trip to Ulta, and plan to suggest I join her. She may say NO, since she’s not really onboard with Bettylou, but I’m asking, anyway.

I went out once at lile three o’clock in the morning when no one was on the street and the four people that where out at that time and saw me just kept going about their business. One guy did think I was a hooker though but that wasn’t my main take away from the experience.

Anonymous

I do like to drive while enfemme and do on occasion go to the movies while dressed. The only time I have been around a lot of people was once going to the post office with a jean skirt, button blouse and sandals. Felt great and did reduce my fear factor quite a bit. I plan this fall to go shopping at a mall but it will be at one where I run no risk of seeing anyone I know.

Molly
      Duchess

Hi;

I’ve answered Occasionally, however I feel that’s a little misleading… I have been out to a local CD club where I was able to change into my femme gear and then was able to change back to drab before returning… Not as brave as the answer suggests, but oh so wonderful.

-Molly

I voted for afraid that someone I know would recognise me but that’s not the whole story.I have never been out as a woman in public.My ultimate goal is for me to out as a woman with my wife accompanying me.I would not consider it near my home or in our capital city as I run a risk of seeing someone I know.I would like to go on a citybreeak to Manchester England,Change in the hotel first thing in the morning.Have coffee in Marks And Spencers.Go to a restaurant for a meal and then a concert.Even then I would be worried about seeing someone I know as it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that someone known to us could be there on business.The other fear is using the ladies bathroom.Generally,in theatres and department stores the queue for the ladies is far longer than that of the mens room.I would have to have my wife with me at all times.This would be little inconvenient for my wife as I have a weak bladder.My nervousness at being out for the first time would make that problem even worse.All of this puts as we say in Britain a damper on my ultimae fantasy.

Anonymous

Knowing I would never pass if anyone actually looked has often held me back. I stand out as a man (6’3”), so that by itself draws attention that could mark me. On the other hand, while driving or walking at a distance from others has been wonderful and is something I’ve done often. I’ve also gotten gas, gone through drive-thru’s, been quite visible at a distance, and none of that caused the sky to fall

Now that I’m reading the experiences of other that are also tall or easily marked but venture out anyway, I’m definitely encouraged to disregard my fears and caution and decide I don’t really care if I’m marked or not. So what if others point or snigger. That can only hurt me if I let it, or even take notice of it. Many here have helped me understand that my confidence and my expectation of respect have far more to do with how I will be perceived and treated

I’ll  have an opportunity to dress for several days coming up soon and I’ve made a firm commitment to shop en femme for the first time, go to an art museum, and have a quiet meal at a nice restaurant. I’ll report back on my experience and let everyone how these new experiences (for me) go. Wish me luck, but more importantly, wish me peace within myself.

Mini Rock
        Lady

You don’t need to pass my friend. You just need to look good. I’m a little bit smaller than you – 6’1″ – and I wear big heels – but I can move around in public without issue. It’s particularly easy if I just play the man dressed up as a woman thing. But I’ve been told I look good and had my photo taken by several people. Just play up to it and you’ll enjoy it.

Anonymous

I would looooove to go out more! What keeps me from going out is my fear for my safety and I don’t seem to have support for this lifestyle at the moment. I would feel much more comfortable with a supportive friend or two to accompany me. I’m not in any hurry to go out, but again, I would love to more often.

Anonymous

I think the first place I want to go out dressed is in Denver. I love the city and they have a very supportive Cross-dressing community. I’m looking at maybe this coming spring. My wife is not sure if she will participate or not. She is very supportive at home though.

Thanks

Sharon

J J
      Lady

I have only been out totally en femme once, but to varying degrees many times.

I’m a little scared to go outta first time but the urge to do so is gently telling me to go ahead. I’d probably be more comfortable with others, safety in numbers I guess. Plus a little beforehand coaching on my walk, makeup, etc would help to boost confidence levels I’m sure.

Mini Rock
        Lady

In my experience, if one looks right, i.e. fully presented, with nice fitting clothes, reasonable makeup and a decent wig – a handbag helps too, then people respect that and treat one accordingly. If one looks like a cartoon women, one is likely to get cat calls.

Rochelle Mills
      Baroness

Through practice starting this past spring, I’ve gained confidence going out in public.  Can’t believe a few short months ago how my heart was in my throat when I first stepped out of my car en femme.  Now I look forward to joining friends at least a couple times a month for coffee, shopping, dinner, nightcap, etc.

Nice to see your post just joined today!

Hi Fiona,

Another delightful question from Fiona!  I didn’t have to think very long to answer this question.  It’s exciting and wonderful getting dressed and going out.  So yes, all the time.

Alice

Still working on my look Fiona But I will get there. Can’t wait to go out. I look marvelous pics soon.

The  only time that I was dressed in fem was out a Halloween party I was with my first girlfriend at the time we shared all our little kids secrets together mine was that I liked to dress up in my sisters clothes to see what it be like if I was girl and all that  the party was one of her friends house it was great everybody told me how good I looked dress in drag that was the word at the time  there was a gg that asked me about my dress and then I told her and then it was omg your a guy but you look good that was good that everybody saw costume but I was just being myself

I have not yet, yet being a keyword. I’m worried of being recognized because of my work. Plan on taking a trip in not to long and plan on actually doing it then.

Anonymous

I’ve never been out dressed and do not feel I need too. However in the future?

i only dress at home. but i do wear girl jeans in public. i recently went to kohls wearing jeans and tee with bra panties and tights on under with converse shoes. i did have my guy hoodie covering me up top though. it was fun, i even tried on a few pairs of jean shorts and several pairs of shoes, it was pretty dead in there. i would go out, but i don’t have any where to go or go with.

Anonymous

I’m with you Nikki nowhere to go and no one to see, so happy as I am.

Underdressed heaps, bras, tights, nails never caught

Anonymous
      Lady

Have been out dressed femme twice which was about a year ago. No wig, boobs, or make up as did not possess them ( and still don’t ).  First time was to a seaside promenade a 20 min drive from home but included a quick visit to a shop on the way home. The second time was to a nature reserve a similar sort of distance away.

Not sure why I did it as it was certainly not going to be a test of being able to pass in any way. Was I just getting carried away with all the reports on CDH at the time of members venturing out.

The best part was feeling the sea breeze going up my dress when I was reclining on a concrete block by the sea shore.

Rachel

Anonymous

I go out “underdressed” all the time. I love being out and engaging people knowing what I’m wearing underneath.

My most daring adventure out though occurred accidentally. My wife was out of town for 3 weeks and I began wearing my femme clothes every moment I was home from work.  Needless to say I became very comfortable wearing my femme stuff

One evening I was wearing my yoga clothes when the dog made it known that he had to go OUT, NOW. I threw his leash on him and out we went. I was down the block, around a corner when I remembered what I was wearing. After a mild panic attack, I realized that it was dark, late and no one was out. We cut our walk short but I didn’t run home like a scaredy-cat. That was more than a year ago and no one has mentioned it.

That has emboldened me to venture out more often

G’day Fiona,
      I answered ‘None of These’ as I go underdressed a lot of the time, but I also partially dress when I am doing longer drives on my own.
      Davina

DeLora
      Lady

I do most of my full enfemme dressing while driving. I work a 2 week rotation, so every two weeks I drive 1000km from home to the job site. This drive is a great opportunity for me to be dressed. I cover up for pit stops, but I do take little side trips to take short walks in the forest fully enfemme. It feels awesome to be out in the world dressed in this way.

I have a pretty good beard, so it would be hard to come anything close to passing and I think the obvious man in a dress would make people uncomfortable.

I have been going out for years.  At first it was only undercover of darkness and just walking in a park or on the street. Then several years ago, after I grew much more confident with my makeup I went with a group of girls to a meeting and then we went out for supper.  Nervous but fun.  Now that my confidence is much better I enjoy going shopping to various large stores and walking the mall. I have also gone to some public parks and touristy places and no one pays any attention. I have actually made purchases both in person with a clerk and also self checkout at Target. Just dress for the occasion and locale and you can blend right in.  Although I love to dress very sexy I tone it down for shopping.  I love wearing dresses and skirts but have found that sometimes jeans or pants suit fits in better.

I go out en femme all the time. As a matter of fact, aside from at work, I rarely even touch my boy clothes at all. Of course, I’m still relatively new to dressing (7 months) so I only wear the clothes and maybe a bit of makeup so I’m not pushing it too terribly far. The other day I went to the grocery store and a girl complimented my booties (first time that’s ever happened). It was such a thrill and I wanted to hug her so badly. I got in my car and almost cried. Not that I want the attention but it was so affirming for me. If I ever see her again I think I will give her a hug.

I’ve only been out dressed en femme twice in 2019 and they were my first. The first was Memorial Day, I went to a local church that has a walking track at 4am and did a 20min walk. The second was July 27, I attended my CD/TG support group picnic. It was at a public park, but it was small and secluded. The only other chance I get to dress en femme outside the privacy of my home is when I attend my CD/TG support group meetings. I leave my house underdressed and change at the meeting location and change back to full male mode before I leave. Also the support group meets at a church social hall, so not sure if it counts as going out dressed.

When I lived in Colorado I went quite often, I went to a Walmart there once, with rather tight jeans and of course padding,  young couple was behind me and passed me.  She smiled at me but  he was upset that  a woman of my age was wearing such tight jeans,  At first I thought I was outed,  but I did pass.  I now live in a small Minnesota  town,  But I did go out on Halloween..  to dozen different places by myself.   I do miss the big city. Afraid of family, coworkers , and friends that do not approve.   Kristen Lee

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Well, my Lovely Girlfriends, I have read my post from May 10/19, and once again I find it hard to believe so much has changed.

I have now been out many times, and lately have been averaging three times a month, including a few times at a busy mall shopping en femme, Once a month at least, I am out in public and interacting with others.

So far, I have never had a bad reaction, from time to time I think its’ been noticed that I’m not your average GG, but that’s just my perception, maybe I’m right, maybe I’m not.

Amy

Leonara
      Ambassador

Thank you Amy, so much for sharing your experience and giving me inspiration for Leonara steppin out.
      I re-read my first reply on 12/18 when I made my New Years’ resolution to step out in 2019. Unfortunately, emergency spinal surgery, prevented me to fulfill my 2019 resolution… I am very fortunate that the surgery did not short circuit my feminine alter ego..and occupational and physical therapy have helped me to the point that Leonara will meet the “world” very soon…

Hippie
      Lady

Yes and no. I wear daily and go out in public daily wearing.

But I don’t do pass as a woman or female impersonation. I go out in the world as a man dressed in womens clothes.

Some may call me a lazy CD’er or what have you. To me I the most comfortable without wigs, make-up, and clean-shaven face.

Honesty I like having a big beard and I know this ruffles people feathers. If it bugs you, oh well…. Shit happens

I haven’t tried any venture out into the big crazy world that surrounds me.

Beyond specific subjects on crossdressing that I want to improve prior to any attempt (like make-up, hair, etc), I’m still scared of what expects for me while dressed and how I would organise such “complex operation” without getting noticed or being attacked by some intolerant people.

No one close to me knows anything about me, my clothes are kept in another city and my free time far from home has been limited due to work or events I attended during the last weekends. So I reckon I’ll spend some time planning how to prepare myself, get dressed, hang out, get back, undress and return to the original state.

xoxo

Daisy

I’m happy for and envious of anyone that can venture out in this big world with the conference to express themselves as they feel inside. You go!

You can do it I did finally. Sandy.

Go for it ! You’ll thank yourself! Sandy.

Leonara
      Ambassador

Amy,
      Thank you for sharing your experience definitely an inspiration for me…Leonara

I’ve never gone out in public to be precise.  I have however dressed for the pleasure and enjoyment of men.  In other words, I would go to their home, hotel, wherever and then dress up for them.  So not public, but not exactly private either.

A big thing that stops me from public dressing is I lack confidence in “my look.”  I feel like  I need serious coaching in makeup, etc and I also need to get better at sizing outfits suitable for public.

As a result, the majority of my dressing has always been lingerie, bedroom attire, etc.  I want to up my game a lot here with a more sophisticated/polished fem appearance, but so far have failed at that.

I’ll add that as a teen, I sometimes wore pantyhose outside, with shorts, late at night when I would be barely seen (if at all) – hoping a man might see me, notice me, pick me up.  But I don’t necessarily count that in terms of a poll like this.

Anonymous

Before my makeover more than 15 years ago, I was a “closet dresser” although I dreamt of going out as a woman…after my makeover the person who did it called me “sister” and I got the confidence to go to a restaurant just afterwords. I was only a little worried when back in the hotel taking the lift as another woman entered it – as it went without her screaming “it is a man dressed as a woman” I got the full confidence to go out. Today when dressed, it is not complete unless I can go out to a restaurant, stay a night in a hotel, shopping clothes and bras or just a walk, in general what a woman would do!

I have been out in the past but the opportunity to do so has been absent for several years. Part of the problem is that my spouse is afraid of my,  “being recognised by family, friends or work colleagues”, so that sort of applies but not specifically to me.

Araminta.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I answered no I am scared to death anyone finding out, but actually I should have said yes since I walk out to the garage almost every morning after I get up.  Since I am up at 5 am there is nobody that could see me in the dark.  Ocasionally I go out to the Post Office with my fem clothes and a hooded sweat covering it.

Looking way back in my past I do recall when I was heavy into CD about 1980 -1983 I did a few times go out driving in the middle of the night.  And there was the one time I got the nerve to go into JC Pennies in fem, But I only went just inside looked around for a minute, then got out never to go in again.

I wish I could work up the courage to go out again.  Having a friend to share this time with would make it easier.

Thanks for the topic, Fiona        SANDY

Seren
      Baroness

No, not really…. I went in Drab to my local Sephora, thinking I would just get some advice. I ended up with a colour assessment and full makeover! I  then cycled back through the city (about 6k) home (although it was raining and I did put my coat hood up! At that point I didn’t care if anyone (V unlikely!) saw me. Such a rush, and I can’t wait for this #lockdown to end so I can do it again, hopefully fully dressed, aaaand with my wife…??!!

Stay safe girls

S x

I have only been out in public once. My wife and I went for a weekend getaway in Galveston Texas. I was able to spend two days full enfemme out shopping, sightseeing and dining. It was wonderfully terrifying! We had so much fun and she pushed my comfort zone way past its limits. I have never been out alone but wanted to. I have dressed  to go out locally by myself but at the last minute I chickened out and changed. I have disappointed myself more than once but I don’t dwell on it or beat myself up about it. I know in time I will do it. I recently purchased a new wig that gives me a new look that seems so natural. I was very pleased and it will be my new look when I go out locally…Stephanie

I have been out many times in the last few years. It was really terrifying at first and I still am selfcontious depending on where I go. I have done Torid, DSW, malls, etc. I try to get a little more bold each time. My big regret is I am doing this on my own. I wish my SO or another cd was able to accompany me. I have no friends that know and would be afraid to inform them.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Fiona
      It is now 3 years since I first replied to this and my experience of going out dressed femme has increased significantly. I have done 2 200 mile car drives dressed ( including going into the female rest area ), have accompanied a CDH friend to a cafe twice, been to a restaurant with a CDH friend in a maxi dress ( photo in my public photos), have browsed in a Supermarket ladies clothing department, have purchased a skirt and tops in a clothing store and used a changing room plus done a 2 hr train journey.
      If I were not still in the closet at home it would be a lot more but my only opportunity is when my wife is staying with our daughter.
      Rachel

Kendra
      Duchess

Hi Fiona, I first went out fully dressed in the 80’s. I had a couple of friends who also liked to dress and we would go to trans-friendly gay bars. Then my dressing stopped when I got married and had kids – it was just to difficult to find the time and energy. Then I started going out again about 5 or 6 years ago (although the pandemic reduced frequency because sometimes there was no place to go). Here in Toronto there are LGBTQ friendly locations and neighborhoods – and that makes it a lot easier. Having your makeup done professionally before you go out also makes it easier – you want to look good!!

I still try to get out 2 or maybe 3 times a month, but I always feel better if I get a professional makeup job first.

I just saw this, and I can now reply. I am a trans woman, now legally a female, and go out dressed femme each and every day, I wouldn’t have it any other way. 🙂

Hugs girls,

Ms. Lauren M

I am happy for you. Have a great day and continue with your new and fantastic life!

Main reason I don’t go out is I don’t have anything to wear other than my gorgeous lingerie/sleepwear since it’s literally my entire wardrobe, plus not that I’m scared, I just don’t have a specific desire to go out and be seen. Having my boyfriend see me dressed at home is good enough for me.

Read your profile Jess and what a wonderful profile it is and you are so lucky to have found that happiness.
        I am not attracted to men and still love women and love dressing and feeling like a woman especially in my lingerie and or leggings with bra and T-shirt and in the privacy and comfort zone of my house. Not sure if that SO is out there now at this late stage in my life or not.
        Sara

Thank you Sara!! I’m very lucky to have a great boyfriend. Yes there is *nothing* like wearing beautiful lingerie, it feels incredibly girly and I feel like a gorgeous woman whenever I wear it. You never know if the right SO is out there for you, never give up!

I have been out femme a couple of times, but only real late at night or early in the morning when no one is about. Haven’t gotten the courage to go out otherwise. Hugs, Allysa

As per my intro and profile I go out in my male adjacent/sporty/trans flannel-shirt lesbian/whatever-you-want-to-call-it attire almost every day. I’d go out in a skirt or dress without any other attempt to look female but that would be a deal-breaker for my spouse. I’m happy as a guy in gal’s clothing right now.

I just promised in another forum to go full femme if there’s ever a CDH Zoom social event and I’ll keep that promise if it ever happens.

Thea
        Lady

I’d certainty be up for that! Hugs Thea

In my case once I did it once I knew I would do it pretty much every time I dressed. It seems natural now but I can remembering trembling often at first. I think it is a thrill and I feel validated as a woman when I go out.

Thea
      Lady

I had such plans to have been out by now:  but since telling my SO things have got worse not better.  Perhaps that’s unfair: complicated might be a better word.  She is frightened that me going out will be a wonderful experience for me and I’ll just need to do it more and more.  And of course it’s very difficult for me to be honest and say that wouldn’t happen.  I am realizing I really am some way along the trans spectrum, and my wife is just barely (!) coming to terms with me crossdressing.  All plans on hold for the moment…but the more I try to suppress Thea (that is Me!) the more difficult things get…

Hugs Thea

I guess I am pretty lucky being single at this point in my life.
        It is winter now so it is easier going out being dressed femme because I am still mostly covered up but it did happen once when I went to the legion for a beer or two and they needed a 4th for crib. I took my jacket off and I was wearing a loose fitting sweat shirt with my bra underneath. You could see my my breast mounds although not really pronounced and I don’t believe anyone really noticed or ogled me. It felt good although a bit nerve racking when I took my coat off but also quite exhilarating that I did it. It was a baby step but I didn’t fall on my face.
        Sara

Mini Rock
        Lady

I must admit, you probably will love it Thea. For many reasons, which might, like it does for me, simply include the pure masculine adrenaline you’ll get from overcoming your own fears. I’d liken it to swimming out of your depth in the sea or flying solo. Once you’re out of doors and some distance away from home, you can’t just decide you’ve had enough and stop. You’ve got to get yourself safely home again, regardless of whether your feet are killing you or the busses look frighteningly busy or you just start to feel plain uncomfortable.

As for your wife being scared you’ll have too much fun, maybe the answer is to take her with you.

I am so new (3 weeks now) to this new part of my life that I am still taking baby steps and admittingly still scared. I am a late bloomer so even the fact of trying to look like a young woman is long past the due date.
      I do wear my bra and panties 24/7 under my man clothes when I go out in public and dress femme pretty much all the time in the comfort of my home. I threw out all my male underwear and now just panties and leggings.
      I would love to get a makeover done because I have no idea how to deal with or apply makeup.
      But nothing will change the fact that this guy is and feels more femme every day.
      Sara

I have a weekday day off every 2 weeks, and lately i have been going out dressed and doing my shopping on that day. I’m hoping to be able to do it more often soon.

Cece X
      Lady

I am not going out. I am thoroughly a man in a dress, with no interest in passing. With a beard and no wig or makeup, I would look like a man from the neck up and a lady from the neck down. Where would a MIAD fit in comfortably outside the house?

Alice Black
      Duchess

I have gone out a few times to meet other CDH members. Have had a good time doing that.

Jane Don
      Lady

My wife & I Used to go out with me dressed quite frequently –since she died I don’t seem to have the same confidence–Also without her income I’m more afraid of someone from work noticing me & losing my job (no cushion for paying the Morgage) I can’t afford to be out of work for even a short time–

I am in public en-femme all the time although if out with my wife we avoid places near where we live as many do not now our private “fun”. If out by myself I can go anywhere as I am not recognized. Out on my own I have run into people I know as my male self and have yet to be recognized.
      And there is a simple reason for that…..I look much better en-femme!!!! LOL!!!

Opps…….
        I’m in the office and while writing(it is slow today with the holiday) I stopped writing to brush my hair and my hand hit the “send” by accident.
        One other point, in business I’m only known and seen as April.

Anonymous
      Lady

This is such of an old thread its interesting to see all the “anonymous” girls now who for whatever reason couldn’t stay.

I’m not sure if I’ve answered already but in my case my wife forbids me to go out dressed anywhere around our town. I’ve been out fully dressed but in a nearby town with another CD and have gone out by myself a different time. Its always thrilling and so scary. I haven’t been out in a long while but hope to do so soon. I have to express myself with underdressing every day and dressing at home only.

You girls whose wives go out with you are so lucky. Those girls who are living most of the time enfemme are so brave.

I have gone out VERY occasionally. The first time was 25 or so years ago with a female friends. I was fully dressed and made up and drove around at night with her. It was so exciting and scary at the same time. Other than that, when I have gone on business trips I have walked around hotel corridors when no one was around. I’m sure the hotel security cameras saw me.

Monica

Anonymous

Hi Fiona-Ann!

What a great question! I absolutely LOVE going out en femme! To me, there is absolutely no better feeling in the world than getting all dressed and made up and then going out in public, to be seen and treated as a woman! It’s such an incredible experience to be accepted as a woman, especially by other women! That makes all the pain and frustration and fear and everything else I’ve ever dealt with wondering why I was a crossdresser worthwhile. And to be able to go shopping, run errands, drive around, walk around, see my feminine reflection in a mirror or window, hear my migh heels click-click-click as I walk around, to feel my earrings sway, my breasts move in my bra, to be able to shop openly for lingerie and makeup and dresses and heels, to experience all those feminine delights is just absolutely heavenly! And then to have men refer to me as “ma’am” or pull out a chair for me or open a door for me, I just swoon with feminine overload! All of those things just validate my femininity and make me glad that I can be a woman. So yes, I LOVE GOING OUT AS A WOMAN!!

Hugs,

Holly

I go out femme every time I leave my home, regardless of where or when we go out. The last time I went out drab mode was one time in December 1994.

Janet Woodham
      Duchess - Annual

I was widowed two years ago and the risk of losing family and friends looms large. To the extent I love alone and can spent the vast majority of my time in my own space living as a woman this is not a major issue to me. I can also socialise on sites such as this. Things may of course change but I am content as I am.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I don’t get out dressed often but when I do its usually for 10-day stretch. This allows me to dress 24/7 for nays on end.  I try to get out once every other month. My SO doesn’t like to travel, so it’s usually a solo trip for me. However, I don’t hide and I don’t hesitate to go anywhere people are at. I’m pretty much a a genuine tourist when I go.

The truth is, I feel more natural dressed now than I do when not dressed.

Julie
      Lady

I may have said all the time. But it varies. I try to. But I’m not allowed to do my female self for errands with Mom and when strolling in my neighborhood unless only I’m home with being solo long enough.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Julie.

Why? Because it is fun!

Anonymous

I went through TSA totally femme! Got the pat down because of my bra.

Ella…did you get any comments from any of the TSA agents like “nice shoes”?

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Went through TSA Precheck last year for Esprit trip and no questions asked and jay went through metal detector-no issues at all. Agent very polite. Used male ID as required but was told thank you ma’am. A non event!😀
      Cyn

Tiffany, that’s great! I hope you’ll be willing to share details of that experience.

Great stuff Tiffany. Please let us know how you get on with your trip out. I hope you have a fab time and all goes well.

Take care Tiffany.

Anne-Marie.

Viewing 131 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?