• This topic has 67 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 48 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Being an older, mature CD who was starting to go0 out dressed as a teen in the 60’s it was a ‘norm; for all women to wear either a full or half-slip as an ‘absolute’ under their skirt or dresses. Now they are relegated to the thrift stores and has been on passe’ dinosaur lists of ‘once feminine under garments appear!’.                                                                                                                                                                          Not me though- I still have more than a dozen full and/or half-slips, white or black. I refuse to leave the house dressed without the ‘Complete Look.   https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=womens+slips&qs=n&form=QBILPG&sp=-1&ghc=1&pq=womens+slips&sc=10-12&cvid=AF61264B87CB481DB7702E4A78415BEF&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&first=1&tsc=ImageHoverTitlen                                                                                              Anyone else on the same page?

I don’t wear them a lot but when I really want the best look I will wear a full slip with some of my dress’s, it adds so much more to the feeling. I do like the half slips with the attached panty, but they are tough to find anymore..

As a lady of a certain age, who would never go out un-slipped, finds hers mainly in charity shops usually M&S but sometimes Warners, Gossard or Charnos but always lace edged. Nicola loves her little finds, always so silky and carressing…

Thea
      Lady

I fear it’s showing my age: but I use one to stop a skirt riding up, and preventing panties being seen through a thin skirt. I also fancifully think it makes a skirt hang better if it’s not lined: but then who is there to see?

Hugs, Gabby

Hi Meghan i have a slip i wear under my skirts and dresses, I also have some dresses that have built in slips so don’t need to wear a separate slip, I’m with you on wearing a slip under my skirts and dresses, I’m a mature crossdresser and i grew up with my mother and sister’s wearing slips under their dresses X

Hugs Rozalyn X 💋

Anonymous

There was a time when slips were necessary under a skirt or dress so they would hang right. Women seldom wore slacks. Today’s clothing don’t require slips as much, I am glad for the change. One less thing to worry about.

For the CD wanting to dress as much as a ‘real’ woman, slips are necessary. You gals are probably keeping the slip industry alive. They do make the outfit feel especially feminine!

Thanks for the acknowledgment reply to us CD’s whom admire you real women and wish to emulate you all

. I’ll guess it’s not only us that is the greatest buyers if now’ vintage’ slips but I’ll bet 80% of nylon stocking purchases made world wide in both person and online come from Crossdressrs, drag queens and nylon stocking fetishist 😉

Anonymous

I can’t speak for every woman, just guessing that most would rather not deal with extra layer to wash and iron. Ever hear the phase, ‘It’s snowing in the South’? Means your slip is showing.

Nylons with garters, girdles, petticoats, and slips, most women don’t care much for ‘vintage’ clothing. There are special occasions that might call for some of these items. I own control top pantyhose and that’s it.

Anonymous

Full slip under dress, half slip under skirt! Full slips also make lovely nighties. Difficult to find them nowadays, especially nylon ones with a deep lace hem. Here in the UK M & S used to have a good selection but now they are boring ones.

Usually do not as I am already running to hot temperature wise need heat sinks to cool off that just makes it hotter. Maybe it would be cooler if I had my own long hair but wigs make you hot. Good thing so many women’s clothes already come with those slip type things sewed into dresses and blouses a lot of time any way which help hide some
      shapewear to try to have a better more feminine figure.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

My mother was the one that instilled the need to wear a slip back in the day, it was quite normal wear. I wear them regularly today. Slips of old were lovely lacy creations and widely available in the stores. I was very lucky in that my mother gave me my first slip and it spurred me to buy some more. I found some in thrift stores and occasionally in mainstream stores. As fashion changed then the availability dried up. Yes there a few left to buy but not to the class of the originals. I am glad I created a stock as vintage slips command eye watering prices.

Hi Meghan,

I can e remember my mother using a static spray can to prevent static cling to prevent  her slip from bunching up.  As others have said with some fabrics a full or half slip is needed and I do wear one.  These days finding a pretty slip is certainly more difficult than in days gone by.

Alice

Leonara
      Ambassador

My pass remarks, I mentioned what was the first item to “start your crossdressing”? My mother’s girdle with garters and nylons…wearing her silk slip ..got me hooked forever… to this day a slip or a half slip are part of my presentation of the woman within.

Leonara
        Ambassador

Thank you ladies for dropping by and thanking me for my post..

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Leonara. Reason: Grammar

I will wear a slip or petticoat with specific dresses to achieve a specific look.  One suce example is the dress which I am wearing in my profile photo.  However, I do not generally wear a slip with most skirts or dresses.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Anonymous

I’m younger and will wear them with most dresses I wear, but then again I usually wear dresses that have a larger shoulder or sleeves.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Mostly only in the colder southern hemisphere months, too hot otherwise. I agree a half or full slip helps dresses and skirts hang better, plus it feels lovely when the sliky slip rubs up against my stockings or pantyhose, combined with shaved legs!!

Its also very “femme” to have to hitch it up and get the panties down when “nature calls”.

Caty.

I don’t have any slips but may add them to mywish list of things to get.  I remember asking my mother why she wore a slip once and she told me it was to make the dress/ skirt hang right.  Having never worn one I can’t comment on how it feels but would add to a more feminine feeling I am sure.

XOXO
      Suzanne

I don’t have any slips but may add them to mywish list of things to get.  I remember asking my mother why she wore a slip once and she told me it was to make the dress/ skirt hang right.  Having never worn one I can’t comment on how it feels but would add to a more feminine feeling I am sure.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Suzanne ,

it’s a glorious sensuous feeling of completing your undergarment lingerie, especially if you’re wearing garters and stockings ( like I always do)

if you are able to with No SO problems take my advice from me and others and wear it as a nightgown with panties and  stockings or thigh Highs to bed 😉👍 A  wonderful sensual experience for 8 hours. Do It!

Meghan, I’m so with you on the glorious sensual feeling wearing a slip. A most wonderous addition filling out the shape or our breasts over our bras and such a lovely silky covering over our panties and nylons and I simply feel so feminine when sitting and the lace of my slip shows above the hem of my skirts…and as nightwear…YES…just “Do It”!

Meghan –

Thank you – I also enjoy wearing stockings and a garter belt although I do also wear pantyhose – I would imagine it does feel good wearing a slip with them – I do need to get myself a couple (full and half) – as for wearing one as a nightgown, I’d love to be able to do that but couldn’t be able to as my wife would have an issue with it and I’m ok with that

XOXO
          Suzanne

Yes I have a bunch of slips in my Ashley dresser. Slips were the second thing I tried after falling in love with pantyhose. As some have said I find that a lot of the dresses or skirts I buy have a built in one nowadays.
      I still wear a fullslip with some of my sweater dresses and tunics.  I have full slips in black and white and half slips with matching camisoles also.  I really enjoy the feeling of a slip brushing up against my pantyhose.

In my early days of dressing, I used to love slips.  I remember my mom had a beautiful white full slip, and I would wear it whenver I could.  She had a light biege one as well, and when she threw it out I “saved it” and kept it as my own.

Today I have only 2 slips, a black and white one, and a black half slip.  Slips have fallen out of favour for me, as the skirts I wear are above the knee and the full slips I own are well past the knee, so it is a real faux pas to wear a slip that shows.  I don’t wear the half slip anymore either, as I find it bothersome to align it correctly with my skirts.

Billy
      Lady

Definitely a serious slip wearer!

I have a beautiful collection, so soft, pretty and sexy, always looking to add my collection.

A wonderful and essential part of my crossdressing journey and experience…

I always wear a slip under my dresses or skirts. I just find slips so wonderfully sensual and feminine. I love the silky feeling and look of a slip and pretty lace just adds to that wonderful feminine image that slips represent. I prefer white and pastel colors in my slips, and they feel so wonderful to wear as nightwear also. Slips…I LOVE them and just don’t dress without one!

Good morning ladies !

one of the earliest recollections in my life was being in a dressing room with my mother, I was no more than 3 or 4 years old. Say 1960. She was trying on outfits and I was fascinated with what I know now to be a half slip. It was black and looked silky smooth, my eye went right to the lace trim. I can still see this image in my head today. I’m sure I touched it.
      Since then I’ve always had a thing for slips, full and half. When I started dressing fully I always wore one. They feel so wonderful under dresses and skirts, especially with a garter belt and nylons. But to dress like a modern girl I’ve stopped wearing them. I will lounge in a full slip on occasion. I feel like Elizabeth Taylor in “A cat on a hot tin roof”

💋💋💋

Love it your right the slips make and feel so sexy and especially with garter . The more feminine the better

Similar experience for me, although it was probably around 1968/9 by the time my eyes were open and I was present in clothing shops when she tried on dresses or skirts in the changing cubicles.

My late wife had one or two at first, but gave up wearing them as times changed.  I only ever slipped them on while the two of us were having fun in the bedroom but have otherwise never really worn them – although I think I would like to do so, now that I am enlarging my female wardrobe.

I have a few full slips and half-slips but I only wear them if I think that I will have show through (like x ray vision on mesh dresses) or if things bunch up and don’t hang right.  Thanks Meghan for this thoughtful question.   Marg

I have a black full length slip which I wear with my LBD. The dress is a bit see through so I feel the slip is a must wear with that dress.

I can’t. All my dresses and skirts are super short. My camis almost reach down to my skirt level. It’s just who I am when dressed.

I’m with you April all my dresses are short so all I wear under my dress is thong panties

It depends. With some of my skirts and dresses, the slip just works up and makes kind of a mess. On the other hand, with some skirts, the slip is nice because it lets things slide around and helps stuff stay in place. In the winter this is especially true. If you have a thicker, warmer pair of tights, there’s a real danger that a skirt will cling to your legs and ride up. You’ll be adjusting it constantly. With a slip, everything slides around and sits where it should. I have a leather “paper bag” style skirt with a thin fleece lining. It’s super warm and comfy in the winter, but over warm leggings it clings and rides up. With a slip, it sits perfectly.

So, short answer, I wear a slip when the wardrobe requires it.

God girl, a slip, almost always…

I have about six full slips that I wear as nighties. Different weights/thicknesses for the various seasons. I like them coming down to mid calf or just below. Just ordered another one, can’t wait for it to arrive. I don’t wear a slip with dresses or skirts. Best, Marlene.

Especially when they’re lace edged at the knee. or just below. And they’re so sensous…

Meghan,

I’ve been wondering about the “rules” I guess you might say, regarding slips. I don’t own any at this time but I think I need one for my black and white dress. I just don’t want the color of the slip to be seen under the dress where the two colors are opposite.

Jill

Anonymous

Jill,

You’ll be lucky to find any color other than white, black, and sometimes beige.

Ah the memories of sneaking in and slipping on my mothers slips.  Maybe why I am here today

ah

J J
      Lady

Of course it depends I what I am wearing. Casual or sun dresses, no, but a real, elegant dress, then most definitely.

That said, sometimes it is fun to wear a somewhat sheer dress without a slip for obvious reasons.

No doubt there is a age distribution here. Those of us who grew up in the age of slips are more likely to wear them I suspect. Of course those early memories of slipping into mom’s slip and dress no doubt help.

Anonymous

I love wearing a slip! Full slips, half slips, pants slips, camisoles, I love them all and adore having them as part of my wardrobe!

Now you have to understand that I grew up in an era when women would not ever wear a skirt or dress without a slip underneath it, so that is what I was first familiar with. But once I started crossdressing and experienced the absolute joys of lingerie, then YES, I absolutely understood when women loved the feeling of them. Plus, they tend to make the dress fall better and look smoother, so that is a benefit as well.

Hugs,

Holly

My formative years growing up were in the 80’s and slips were very common with outfits. My mom always wore one. It was always one of my first adventures in crossdressing so I have a fondness for slips.

To me they are as essential as panties in terms of putting together an outfit. So I wear a slip under every skirt/dress regardless if the skirt is lined or not. I also prefer my slips to be pretty close to matching the skirt hemline so that sometimes can make things tricky.

Slips are out of favor these days and that is a shame as they are a very feminine and elegant garment. They are treated as “functional” and not something that adds elegance.

I also wear petti-pant slips under shorts and pant liners under suit pants. So, one way or the other I am wearing a slip undergarment on a daily basis. Just a staple of the wardrobe.

I think most young ladies don’t own/wear them but many of us mature ladies do.
      -Christina

J J
      Lady

As one who admires ladies (and that is partly why I dress,) there is something to be said from the observers perspective for not wearing a slip. I love to catch that glimpse of leg when a non slip wearing woman steps into just the right light with just the right amount of sheerness to her dress/skirt.

My once wore a very sexy garter/thong/bra combo underneath her dress, but in just the right light all shown through. It drove me crazy and I kept trying to get t

just the right light and angle to enjoy it. No doubt others did too. I didn’t tell her what a show she provided until we got home. She actually loved it and it led to fun in bed that evening.

Smartina
      Duchess

It is my common experience that modern dresses and skirts have a built-in lining rendering slips somewhat obsolete. That doesn’t stop me from buying hundreds of them. As another commenter here, I have acquired all kinds of slips and half-slips of various lengths, as well as camisoles and bloomers. One other item of bygone lingerie I also miss is camiknickers. But all slips and camis still have a vital role in modern dress underneath things made of net, organza and other see-through material. Below is a dress made entirely of net which required me trying a number of full slips and underdresses to be able to wear it. The winning number was blessed with its own frills and ruffles at the hem xxx

Need a slip for this!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Smartina. Reason: shower thoughts
      Lola Caprice
      Baroness

I do not, never even thought about a slip honestly.   But thanks for reminding me that they exist.  I feel a  purchase coming on, I can see how a slip would be a nice compliment to some of my dresses.

💖👗Lola

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I have an assortment of slips and half slips in the usual white, black & beige. I bought them just in case I would need one. Almost all of my dresses and skirts are lined so I haven’t really needed to wear one but i have and the sensation is incredibly sexy.

Anonymous
      Lady

I have several slips but rarely wear them. I sleep in them sometimes and will wear one with certain outfits but not normally. The ones I have are vintage with nice lace at the hem and in the cleavage area. A CD girlfriend has given me some she dyed to a beautiful teal and also pink with matching panties.

I always wear a full slip when I have my best dress on; otherwise I don’t usually wear one except on a on colder days as an extra layer to help keep me warm when I’m out.

What sexy woman wouldn’t want to be sexier with slip that feels so nice and feminine

I wear slips and have a number in my collection. But for those that do not know slips serve a vital purpose under a dress to allow the dress to move independently of your body and lingerie. I did a post about them on my blog that you can read if you wish:

Slips (mylifebyandrearaven.blogspot.com)

Slips are starting to creep back into our shops but are currently very expensive, if they return to favour and the more brands re-introduce them they will no doubt reduce in price. Good ‘vintage’ slips are available at reasonable prices, have a look at:

Vintage nylon slips and lingerie for sale online. (nylonnostalgia.com)

J J
      Lady

I am not surprised how many here like slips. They are good for all the practical reasons listed, but they are also just really feminine, so no doubt that is a big reason we like them. We also tend to like dresses more then cis-ladies do. The dress just isn’t as common out there as it used to be. My wife only wears a dress when dressing up, nearly always with a slip. Of course a lot depends on the dress, a light summer dress…no slip, but any elegant dress needs on, IMHO.

Brazilian thongs…. everyday!

I love it!

XOXOX from Italy 🇮🇹
      Greta ❤️

Davina
      Lady

Being old school, yes I own and wear full and half slips with dress and skirts. The only exception I have is sun dresses. Both my mom and wife wore/wear them as well. I love the feel of them against my skin.

Tracy H
      Lady

If my skirt or dress is lined and needs a slip I will wear one. I needed to buy one this summer. They are hard to find. I ended up getting one on Amazon, Thank you Uncle Jeff.

Tracy

I’m in the NO group and honestly don’t have a slip anymore. I would buy and wear one if I felt the dress or skirt needed one.

Sandy

I underdress with pretty lace hemmed Vanity Fair half slips and and camisoles everyday when I a wear shorts.  I also wear them under my dresses and skirts when I get to spend “Kathy” time. I have some lacy pettipants that I wear when I wear drab pants.  I love the feel of the lingerie against my body, and, the slips moving against my panties heightens my enjoyment.

My wife and I both love pettipants! I love to dye them gorgeous colours. Her favorite colour is periwinkle (hard to find periwinkle lingerie) so I customize her, and my, lingerie.
        We like not having our thighs rub together when walking and I can wear them comfortably under shorts or trousers.

I have numerous slips (white, black, nude) and am always on the lookout for slips on sale. I have full  slips (go to about midthigh) which I like to wear as daywear in cooler weather or for sleepwear, half slips (like to wear with a bra and cami for intimate times with my wife) and minidress slips which are hard to find (have about 8 that I bought from Illusion Lingerie but they have been out of stock for awhile). The minidress slips are short and make great daywear under my boring male clothes.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I have one black full length slip that I wear occasionally in the evenings to lounge around. I wore it out recently under an unlined dress for the first time & really like the sensation of the silky material. I am going to get a selection of full, half & short length slips to wear under some dresses and skirts.

Anonymous
      Lady

I have them because I remember trying my mother’s on, but I don’t use them very often because it’s not the style.

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?