Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Everyone, yes!! its poll time again! now this question has been on my mind, amongst other things. I personally feel that before many of us transitioned (if it applies to you, or theoretically), that a high proportion crossdressed before. Now obviously, this does not apply to everyone as many, including myself have not transitioned. But what do you think? am i right or am i wrong? what is your opinion 🙂

Love Fiona xx

I would think that you would start with cross dressing before starting the transition. Being someone who would like to transition to a point,cross dressing is definitely the start.
      Hugs, Ruby

Anonymous

I would say yes, probably about 99.9% would start as crossdressers. As Tiffany said it’s the easiest and most accessible outlet for your feminine feelings. I was only 10 when I started and I don’t know what compelled me to dress but as soon as I did I knew this was right for me.

Krista
      Duchess

Fiona, you come up with some really great questions.   Here is my take on it.

I think that a transgender individual, especially one that is young, would not consider themselves as being a crossdresser.  In their mind they would be simply dressing appropriately for the sex they believe that they are.  They were just born in the wrong body.  So instead of crossdressing they would be right-dressing (OK I made that word up).

Other MTF trans would transition just as you suggest.  They start as a crossdresser as part of their soul-searching and move on to HRT and various surgeries.  Not sure if it is 50-50 though.  And as we know, some even fight the urge, go into traditional masculine jobs, get married & have children and then realize they’ve not been living their “true” life.

Hugs, Krista

Every day I wish I could go back in time and talk some sense into the head of that young “woman”.

That was me, deny who I really am, do whatever macho carp that validated the male in me until I wanted to explode!!! You can’t hide your truth from yourself!!

I’m  the case…………I just de-planed the 707 and hit San Francisco and second after a couple drinks, YUP…..tatoo sign and we crawled in. Next day……I am said……damned……I thought the sign beside tatoo…….not tranisitation….no lines. And when do I have hinges on my elbows?  Who all that back around the truck????

Dame (ex-sailor) Veronica

This is not bad…….I get free beers?????  Since when? Sign me list again!

Dawn Judson
        Ambassador

Veronica, whaaat? Can someone translate?

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Agree that (at least from an OUTSIDERs perspective) the answer is most though as some mentioned for SOME tthey did not see it as that themselves. There are those who know from early childhood that transition was in their future but for others like Tiff and Cloe, it was a realization over time. For others (like me) , the jury is still out as to where the journey leads.
      Cyn

Hi Fiona,

Another excellent question.

My thoughts are if someone is transgendered and wants to transition they will wear the clothes of the gender they believe they TrueType are.

Alice

This question is a toughie! well to me anyway because there are quite a few angles to view it from. It sure makes sense that in the beginning (pre transitioning), that access to clothes is the first part of our journeys along with everything else, but! does that make you a crossdresser in the true sense of the word? how do we even define a crossdresser? are we just called crossdressers because we simply wear womens clothes?

I think there are many levels of it, true, in a singularity, we all dress in lady’s clothes (unless you are f-m). Some do it for publicity or showbiz (the well known drag queens), others do it for reasons of fetish etc, others do it for the Femme aspect of it. I dont know, really what i’m trying to say here…. but, i feel that crossdressing is a natural progression to becoming transgender. I think you have all summed it up better than my long essay!! i look forward to hearing more 🙂

Love and Kisses, Fiona-Ann xxx

Anonymous

My vote was unknown because up to just recently, I’ve been the proverbial storm tossed ship seeking a safe harbor.  Alone with my joy of wearing female clothes, I’ve not ever been involved with a community like this until recently.  I have no personal involvement with any CD or Transgender-that I know of.

Hi Girls

Well Fiona, I can only comment on myself and my cross dressing career started many, many years ago. When I began x-dressing, and I wore my first dress at 5 years old, I did not fully understand why I felt the need. Fast forward to my teenage years, I knew I wanted to be female or felt I should have been born female but there was no information available to help me to understand “why” I enjoyed it so much. It was never something that gave me sexual thrills but instead it provided me with a sense of feeling complete and very comfortable. Since I began cross dressing again  just 11 months ago after a 23 year break, I have entered therapy, started HRT, chosen my doctor for SRS, am saving for my surgery and I have been living 24/7 as a woman since April 2019. I no longer consider myself a cross dresser as I am wearing the clothing of my preferred gender, female. I would only be cross dressing if I dressed as a male but I have already surrendered my male clothing to the needy. So, I do think a lot of folks who transition started by crossdressing, whether they understood or not, wearing the clothing of the gender you feel you should be is quite normal. And I don’t consider this group of people to be crossdressers, just as I no longer consider myself to be a crossdresser. Great Pole Question!! Keep e-mail coming!!

Breanne Leigh, (formerly Brenda, a new start in life!)

Anonymous

I would think most that have transitioned started wearing the opposite gender clothes. It is one thing that makes me feel better. For me to transition is something that will not happen, family, age and finances make it too difficult to even imagine. So when I slip on my panties, pull up my skirt and fix my makeup and wig I am not a crossdresser but have transitioned to a woman. When I put on male attire then I am crossdressing. I never hated that I was born a male, it was what I was at birth physically but chemically/emotionally inside I have always been a girl. I guess I’m fortunate to not have issues with gender dysphoria, instead I accept “me” and enjoy living my life as I am.

Carla

I have essentially transitioned socially, but I have no plans to transition physically.

I am fighting the urge every day to transition, some days are better than others

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?