• This topic has 29 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 27 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi everyone. It has been ages since i did a poll and its been well overdue. Talking in chat last night we covered the question how many male clothes do we have compared to Female clothes. My answer was about 15 -1 but thats a guess. Now you dont have to be accurate, just an educated guess is all i ask. Do you have more Female clothes than Male or vice versa?

Fiona-Ann Moss xx

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

I’m closer to 50% only because I have to for my job– and my wife. My wife wants me to get rid of some (if not all) of my female clothes. She says, “If you’re not going to wear them, why have them?” Was she giving me the “green light”? 😉

Hmmmmm, you may have to do some interesting thinking Dawn! 😉

Hugs,

Lauren

Sherri Remington
        Duchess - Annual

You’re call Dawn but I’d say yes, you could always say “you told me to”.

Hi Fiona-Ann,

I am now, legally, a fulltime female, a trans woman, I have no need of any male clothing. Therefore the ratio would be 100 to 0. I remember the day the last shreds of male clothing went out the door, it was a marvelous feeling!

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Between what I have purchased, my wife has given me and she purchased for me I probably have 85% female clothes. The only non-female are 2 pair of briefs, a couple pair of jeans and some old work clothes I rarely wear. I’m slowly working on the 95% goal heehee!!

I have about 25% female clothes and 75% male clothes the ratio keeps changing by the year though. It’s mostly because I’m just an underdresser when outside the home. Though when I’m home I can almost always be found wearing tights/leggings around the house with a nice oversized hoodie.

One pile is small and one is very big. And you can guess which one is the big one. I can wear the same jeans day after day but you can not wear the same dress.

I probably have 75% women’s clothes with 25% drab. I work in a way too conservative position so sadly I need the drab for the office days.

I have been donating stuff I never wear to include some of the very first dresses I bought.  I had a bad case of the ping fog for a few months and kind of bought anything/everything I saw.

Now when I buy something very nice that I do wear I will donate something  that is just gathering dust.

Susan

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

I’d say 60-40 Fiona-Ann, with women’s on top. That being said though I can wear the same cloths to work all week long because of being in construction. I own no men’s undies so that part is 100 %. Now shoes well that’s a definite 90-10 with women’s well on top!

Sherri

Rhonda Lee
      Baroness - Annual

I find it odd that your chat showed 15 times as many Male to Female clothes. Men can get by with minimal numbers of shirts, slacks, socks and shoes. When we say we dress en “drab” the word “drab” is the key word. I worked with a well-dressed attorney who claims to have more than the usual number of suits… but they were all BLUE, shirts always white, and ties usually red. Wearing the same clothes frequently seldom attracts notice or negative comment. It is expected. Women have to match purses to shoes and own far more different outfits. They can be criticized even if they wear the same Easter dress two years in a row. A man wearing the same suit would hardly draw notice. Although I get out more as male than female my ratio of clothes is at least 3 female to one male, and shoes have a much larger ratio.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’m around 70/30 in favor of female or unisex clothes.  That number is skewing female because I stopped buying male clothes.  I dress androgynously most of the time.  But I still present male for important meetings at work.  Mostly to maintain respectability with conservative staff.  I’m not sure I can do that much longer.  HRT is doing it’s thing and I’m getting tired of the facade.  2023 will be an interesting year.

/EA

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Fiona-Ann,

Mine is 50-50 because I have a lot of business clothes still around even though I retired. I need to donate a bunch of it so then the ratio will change a good bit because I haven’t bought any male clothes in a year.

Fiona Black

I have enough male underwear to go maybe a week and a half without doing laundry and i probably have enough panties to go a month.  beyond than my female wardrobe is pretty limited so probably 80% male when it comes to outer wear.

I’m closeted by choice and only wear male clothes during the day (panties underneath often though) by for night/sleepwear it’s exclusively silky pjs and romantic lingerie so I actually have more male clothes than female but I incorporate probably the same amount of a rotation of my sleepwear as I do my male clothes on a weekly basis if that makes sense.

I would say that the ratio between my masculine attire and my feminine attire is 3 to 2.  As this was not a choice, I am unable to submit an answer to the poll.

MacKenzie Alexandra

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi Fiona-Ann, well, I sort of had to chuckle a little. I have way too many male clothes in that ratio.  My spouse and other relatives like buying me clothes as especially my spouse, she wants me to look currently fashionable, while I keep trying to knock the number down.  And as I’m aging (gracefully, I hope, but who knows), I’m also trying to reduce the numbers of everything.

Hugs, ChloëC

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

My female wardrobe continues to grow, while my male wardrobe remains fairly stable.  I do keep my female things under control by donating what I no longer want or need.

I have been fully retired for several years, so I no longer have any need for professional male clothing.  As you know, males can get by with very few pieces of clothing.

I find myself wanting to cross dress as much as possible, and by that I mean for any type of business I conduct outside the home.  Thus, I need a very large female wardrobe.

What’s my ratio?  A rough estimate, maybe  90% female  10% male.

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I am very fortunate that my wife has allowed me to have a closet just for  my femme side. Naturally it is full and has spilled over into other places. She once told me I have way too many shoes, tops, bras, way more than she has. My response to her, I told her she should go shopping, lol.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I couldn’t answer the pole because my male clothes out number my female clothes about 10 to one. BUT if you count the time I wear female clothes, usually from the time I op into the shower after work till I get ready for work whether the next day or a week off.
      I hesitate to throw away any male clothes which I still wear them when I have to do messy things around the house.

. Cassie

This is the sort of misleading terminology that I find very frustrating. It shows a popular failure in North American society to make the distinction between gender (feminine, androgynous and masculine) and sex (female, male). The resulting, erroneous conflation between terms relating to subjective performance (on one side) and objective factuality (on the other) creates the bases and justifications for rather brutal misogyny, anti-gender variance policies, social ostracism and the creation of myths to justify unethical and harmful behaviour.

Fundamentally clothing, like kitchen utensils, automobile parts, etc., are not living species, do not engage in genetic transference in an evolved manner to propagate a species and do not have any sex. On the other hand, they do have social connotations as localized symbols and conventions meant to convey the probability of one’s sex (or sexuality) but they neither define one’s sex nor do they incontrovertibly determine it.

Consider, for example, that clothing once consider exclusively ‘male’ are now deemed to be exclusively ‘female’. Other articles of clothing are more often seen as neutral. ‘Neutral’ is a gender in the English and Romance languages. When applying the localized and ethnocentric concepts of gender based on such languages to human behaviour, the term is ‘androgynous’ (manly-womanly not male-female).

Sex and gender are not, by this and numerous other examples, equivalents. To say that they are is not only a mistake but supports and perpetuates irrational biases and hateful behaviour.

If you make the distinction that gender and sex are different then it is rational to assert that being feminine is not restricted by sex. Therefore, any male enhancing their femininity through style and appearance, particularly by wearing particularly gendered clothing, is also rational and should not be restricted.

If you truly believe that an article of clothing is ‘male’ then you are stating that you believe that ‘male and ‘masculine’ are equivalencies, that only males should wear ‘male’ clothing’ and that only males should be masculine.

They are not male or female articles of clothing but are YOUR articles of clothing (or should be, leave your wife’s alone unless she gives permission) which you wear when making different presentations.

I do not wish to criticize any person or group of persons for using terminology in what is, after all, a popular misconception. However we, in particular, should be more aware of the difficulties that arises from such linguistic fallacies, attempt to use language more accurately in presenting our situation and not add fuel to the more hateful ideologies. I would ask that each of us think more carefully about what we say and write.

Araminta.

I have zero male clothing. The last few items of male clothing I owned were purged in January 1995. Since then my entire wardrobe is women’s clothing.

It is a bit difficult for me to assess as my clothes are spread over 3 closets. I checked Twice, but it is at least that and probably close to 3x. I’ve been retired for 7 years and I have not bought any male items in that time. Best guess is about 10 years ago. These days I am dressed about 98% of the time.

Julie
      Lady

My answer hun. I have as much male clothes as female clothes not counting my clothes for cosplaying sweetie. But my male clothes are in my Mom’s closet and I will move them to my Mom’s garage in the future honey because I do not wear them anymore girlfriend.

I replied 2X as many, in reality it is close to even, although i only exclusively wear womens panties and my bra collection is growing. Love and health to you all my beautiful friends

Although I voted “twice as many,” I did so only because it was the closest choice to my actual situation, In reality, it’s more like 50-50. But if we’re only talking about panties, I have probably 50 pair and NO male undies.

I really think i’m at 40/60 male clothes vs female. My walk in is less than half male.

My female clothing dwarfs my male clothing by a very large amount…. I have close on 200 skirts, 30 dresses, and maybe 15 or 20 pairs of leggings/jeggings/activewear….
      I own 4 pairs of male jeans, 10 shirts, 15 T-shirts….. I haven’t owned male underwear for 10 years or more.
      My preferred gender is male… I am male. I prefer to dress in female clothing.

Cerys

Fiona-Ann; I value my “Brittney” clothes far more and I do keep a count on them compared to my male clothes. Maybe that’s why my current 510 item “secret” femme wardrobe seems much more compared to my male clothes. Due to this poll, I just did a “rough count” of my male clothes.

Best guess ratio:

20 dresses to 5 male suits; 18 blouses to 9 male dress shirts; 8 women’s slacks to 16 male dress pants; 55 women’s casual shirts & sweaters to 45 polos, sweaters, sweatshirts, and graphic T-shirts. 5 pairs of women’s jeans to 5 pairs of male jeans. I have 42 skirts that I can’t really compare to a male equivalent.

The male dress pants is the only group that won over the “Brittney” clothes. Eventhough I still have them, but no longer wear them; I didn’t include male underwear to “Brittney’s” current 155 panties. Also no male comparison to “Brittney’s” 41 bras.

Anonymous

Hi Fiona-Ann!

As long as you don’t count my male t-shirts (I’ve got a ton of those, they’re cheap reminders of vacations and travels), then I voted about 3-4 times. Now of course, if you add in my lingerie, then it goes off the chart!! 😉

Hugs,

Holly

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?