Viewing 30 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Personally I am always curious on how much time does it take for all you wonderful ladies to “transition” into en-femme. The time I suspect will vary quite a bit as it is dependent upon multiple factors. These factors include if you are dressed every day 24/7(lucky you!), staying in, going out in public, the type of activity when going out in public or staying home, the amount of makeup and clothing etc., etc.
      For myself, the time ranges from 45 minutes to 2 hours. This is mostly due to finalizing what to wear. Ironically, the more casual attire the more time I spend in attempting to construct a nice outfit. Thoughts?

Takes me on average 1.5 – 2 hours.  From makeup (at least 40 – 45 min and that is if i am rushing), putting on my foundation wear like hip/butt pads, shapewear, tights, breastforms, making sure they are all symetrical, then jewellery, then outerwear (like blouses, skirts), lipstick, wig – making sure the wig is nice and neat, then my girl glasses.

To finish it all off, a few blasts of perfume.

When it is all said and done, it is totally worth the time and I enjoy every second of the transformation.

Hi Wendy. Your description and length of time are very close to mine. If in a hurry, I might forget important items such as earrings, ankle bracelet and/or perfume.

I used to contour with makeup, but that tacked on an extra 20 – 30 min so i now don’t bother.

Roberta Broussard
        Duchess - Annual

I always save the perfume for last. I’m not sure why but it’s like ok now I’m finished.

April –

AS I only dress at home in private and then only for an hour or two it doesn’t take me long at all.  I can usually dress from the skin out in about 10-15 minutes depending on whether I’m going to wear pantyhose or stockings and garter belt.

I am interested to see what others have to say.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Anonymous

Hi April.

As your poll question says, it does depend to some degree on what I’m doing or where I’m going. That said, in general it seems to take about 30 minutes or so to do my makeup (I’ve gotten a bit better and faster at it over the years) and then about the same amount of time to get dressed, put on my jewelry, do my hair, etc., so probably on average between 60-90 minutes. Of course if I really want to take my time, take pictures, and enjoy the full transformation process, it could take considerably longer than that!

Hugs,

Holly

Anonymous

Considering I only dress if I’m going to have at least most of the day to spend, I like to take my time getting ready.
      At least one hour, less than 90 minutes.

I have transitioned to living as a woman, so I am now one of the lucky ones who dresses every day. It takes me around ten minutes to get dressed, and then an easy half hour to put my face on, as my mother used to say, LOL. I’d have to add another 15 minutes if I was going to try to wrestle with lashes, so far I’m happy with my mascara. 🙂

Love,

Lauren M

Might be half an hour since I am putting on different skirts or tops to try for a look along with the shoes and jewelry and earrings. Certainly if I am going to glamour up it is over an hour with hair styling makeup and forms.

I am semi-closeted and no longer live alone so opportunities to dress up are rare. When I get the chance I’ll put 3 or 4 hours into a session. If I was a little more out I’d probably do it more often, maybe daily. But I’m not there so it’s a run and gun style of crossdressing.

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I sadly checked 30 minutes, that is only because when I dress I know I am not going anywhere, one of my wife’s rules, sigh. There have been times where I do spend  up to an hour or more, on those days I just want to look my best. I love watching the transformation as I apply and put on everything, always a happy time.

When I first started going out to my CD/TG support group meetings in 2018, it would take me about 30 mins. to get full en fem; as I had not ventured into make-up or jewelry at that point. Since I started going out to an LGBTQAI?+ bar summer 2021; adding in only concealer, lip gloss, and jewelry; my “dressing” time has doubled to 60 or 70 mins., 90 mins. at the most. This year I’m looking to add more make-up items to my routine, so I’m sure that will increase my time even more. I’m hoping some make-up lessons will help me speed up the process.

Hi girls, In my case, it usually takes me an hour to an hour and a half to put on my makeup and put on my clothes properly, from here I choose what to wear, I like to have the outfit selected in advance so as not to waste time, although on some occasions only I have an idea and I’ll put it together later, it’s the average time it takes me to get ready, although sometimes I’ve taken a little longer on the makeup, since depending on how elaborate I do it, especially on the eyes, it’s the time how late haha,
      greetings to all

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I am one of the lucky ones. I can get out of bed, be showered, fed, make up and dressed and out the door for work inside an hour. However that follows a strict routine practiced over a few years. However if I am going out it will take longer as everything has to be that much better and dithering over outfits is essential.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

I saw the funny response for the poll as being “less than five minutes,” but in truth, years ago when I was a member of a CD group here in town there were a couple of members who would show up for meetings en drab.

They would change into female clothing in a bathroom at the meeting, and the total transition time took less than five minutes!  I named them the “Wig & Dress guys, with shoes,” because that is what their female presentation consisted of, a dress, a wig, and a pair old female shoes.  To say these guys were lacking in the female arts was putting in mildly.

These two guys had been around for years and were not new comers.  They were perfectly satisfied with their appearance to the point where they went out in public and presented this way.  They refused any and all assistance to improve their female presentation.  Making matters worse, they were often hostile to new comers.

It would take about 1.5 to transform for a photo shoot counting time in the shower. It would take about 45 minutes to get my make up done and wig style by my make up artist. Then it would take about another 20 minutes to get dressed. I would hold onto a door frame when my corset was pulled as tight as it would go. Who needs oxygen anyway? It could at times take another ten minutes or so to lace up a pair of thigh boots.

For time when I had to do my own make up I could never do what my make up artist could do so I would just do my best with what I had. Those transformations would take about an hour.

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Getting dressed isn’t much of a problem that may take 20 min. I almost never have makeup on and usually not much more than lips. I can usually be done in about 30 min.

Leonara
        Ambassador

I am so jealous Roberta, a natural beauty!!!

There’s variances and prepwork that I usually handle before everything. I usually get my clothes all pulled out and sorted and the outfit ready the day before or I spend some time thinking about it to make sure I don’t waste too much time. Then usually half an hour to an hour for make-up depending on what all I actually want to do. If it is just lazing about the house I might skip out on the highlighter and contouring or eyeliner. From there there is usually about ten minutes of correcting small mistakes. So I would say probably an hour for estimations.

For me, it all depends on the weather 😀

To qualify that, I live on my own,  have visitors come to the house perhaps once a week so I can dress as I like almost all day, every day.

Going back to the weather, today already, at 9:30am, is 79f (26c) so a girl needs no more than bra & panties. So, yes, for that, certainly less than 5 minutes after the morning shower & necessary shave.

On cooler days when a dress, skirt or leggings & a top are required and no makeup (I have not mastered that yet), then certainly less than 30 minutes to decide what to wear, get it laid out and put it on.

Anonymous
      Lady

Like you indicated, it takes me anywhere from 30 min for around the house casual dressing to 2 hours or even more with makeup and the works so it depends on the situation.

It takes me at most 15 minutes to ‘get my girl-on’, usually I take about 10 minutes or so.  I don’t wear makeup so that shortens things somewhat.

If I’m going out,  then another 5 minutes or so to put on shoes, coat (if needed) and get my handbag ready.

Krista
      Duchess

I’m one of those very lucky CDs who passes for a woman even while wearing drab clothing and not any makeup.  Even though I’ll be 68 years old in less than two months, I have naturally long hair (past my bra).  I would be considered having a “baby face”, no Adam’s apple, very little body hair. small bone structure.  My wife knows I crossdress and I pretty much only wear female clothing all the time (her  proviso is that I can’t look more feminine than her).  So I am one of the folks who said it takes me less than 5 minutes to dress.  There isn’t any transition time as I rarely dress in men’s clothing. Just go straight from my female bedtime nightshirt or chemise to bra, panties, femme skinny jeans, flats, and top; apply some moisturizer and lip balm and I’m ready for the day.
      Have a great rest of the weekend, Hugs, Krista🐶

My morning routine of shower, shave, moisturize, makeup, hair and dressing takes about 45 minutes.  It used to be over an hour, but practice has made me more efficient.  I’m motivated to go quickly since I have to be finished in time to make my wife her coffee before she goes to work.

Occasionally, we have a more formal evening at home where I make a special dinner, and I need extra time for evening makeup, putting my hair up, selecting a special dress and jewelry, extra attention to my nails, and especially foundation garments like a bustier or garters and stockings.  All of that takes at least 1 1/2 hours.

Pumped
      Lady

I voted five minutes. I don’t go out of the house and don’t bother to do anything from the neck up as it is a lost cause.
      I am dressed right now. I put on a pair of tight panties to tuck, I slipped on a pair of boy leg panties, stuff my hip and butt pads into the boy leg panties, slipped on support hose over that, then fishnet pantyhose, waist cincher, bra and forms, slip on a dress, necklace, bracelet and high heels. Done. If is longer than five minutes it isn’t much longer.

When I dress I have it in my mind what I intend to wear so all the thought process is done, just put it on.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

If I’m “going public”, 2 hours plus. from shower, to make up, brush out wig, (carefully) attaching breast forms and then dressing.

Casual at home half hour tops. No make up.. just get dressed in my “around the house” pieces. “As above” but no make up

Caty

Anonymous

From the moment I get into the shower until I put on my wig and get my hair looking just right, I usually take between 60 and 90 minutes to get dressed up.  It takes longer if I haven’t shaved my body in a while.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Putting on clothes and makeup and brushing out my hair -about 15 minutes.
      Shaving face- once a day – 5-7 minutes
      Showering and washing and conditioning and drying hair and shaving body hair (about 7-10 days) – 1.5 hours.
      Cyn

It takes me a a hour and a half to two hours. Thats start to finish. Usually multiple outfits and wigs before deciding. Also it seems to usually require at least four pair of shoes to decide. I always dress to leave the house.

Hi girls

normally I will lay out what I want to wear roughly at noon don’t start getting dressed until about 5pm takes me about a hour and a half

then I will change maybe 3/4 times before I go out hence reason why I’m never on time

When I stay home it takes me about 20 minutes. It’s different when I go out; about 60 minutes I would say. Once ready I usually take my car and change my outfit depending on the weather etc. In summer it is easier as I often just put on a dress with a cardigan or summer jacket, cute sandals and matching handbag (very important). Makeup is important to me to feel attractive and so is jewelry and a pair of classy sunglasses. And I love perfume too 🙂

If use to take me a very long time when I first started with makeup but now I’m much better at it. So to actually get ready is much quicker now other then deciding on what to wear.

Jenny Liu
      Lady

For me, it’s between 30-60 minutes.  Because all of my stuff are stored in two large luggage bags, I have to lay them all out properly and then decide on what to wear (depends on my mood), which will take me about 15 minutes.  Once I have my mind set on the outfit, it takes only 15-20 minutes to be all dressed up.  Note that I am a closeted crossdresser; not trying to get outside, so less things to consider (no make-up for me, just a mask).  If you need to put on make-up, that would be a different story.

After I am dressed, I’ll take vids/pics and admire myself.  Have been looking for like-minded people to connect, either via email or online meeting (Not open to in-person meet-up yet).  Send me a DM if interested.

Jenny

I think I’m just glad to see it takes others as much time as it takes me – 30-60 minutes. I’m trying to get faster as I get more experienced, but frankly I like the anticipation of getting ready, my alter ego slowly emerging – delayed gratification. One thing for sure, I’ll never again be impatient with my wife for the time it takes her to get ready!

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?