• This topic has 26 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi everyone,

Is this a simple question? Or are there if’s and but’s?

I moisturise twice a day, morning and bedtime. Is this ‘standard’ practice, or would I benefit from doing it more often?

Marti xxx

Hello Marti , i am like you .
      Twice per day .
      When i rember that is .
      Rhonda .

P S Marti .
        Night cream and day cream .
        That reminds me i must put my night cream on NOW .
        Rhonda .

Anonymous

ha ha, yes I ought to admit forgetting is sometime an accidental part of the routine

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Every morning for the last few months. Oddly, my very anti wife is happy with this “feminine” behaviour and even provided the Nivea. A tiny little crack in the wall, maybe? I live in hope!

Connie
      xxx

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Every morning for sure but night time I am not so diligent.

I always moisturise in the morning , and after any hair removal , be it epilating my legs or shaving my underarms or pubic area.

occasionally I I will moisturise before bed, but normally will prefer to keep my skin hydrated by drinking water before bed.

Anonymous

Hi Opal,

I’m not very good at the water nightcap – usually it has whisky in the glass already  [blush]. I must try harder.

Marti xxx

I find if I moisturise before bed, I get really hot and can’t sleep – even though I sleep naked – so drinking water is the easier option.
          Only downside is , I inevitably have to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom !

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Marti!

I am very erratic and inconsistent with my moisturizing – I need to do it at least twice a day, especially in these dry winters!  And I don’t.  Dang, my skin – my face – dries so quick, it’s horrible!  I also use shower oils to keep “soft and silky”, but still, my skin dries out so fast.   I miss some of the humidity of summer.   Some of it!

Stevie

Lacey Cyn
      Lady

Legs, arms, chest, back twice a day on days I don’t work out. Three times a day I do work out because of the shower in there. I use “Don’t Grow There” by Completely Bare which smells great because it is lemon and green tea scented, and as an added bonus is a hair growth inhibitor so I have to shave less often.

My face is generally twice a day, but with different lotions. I use Bad Habit washes and moisturizers which I absolutely am in love with. Mornings it is “Wake Things Up Matcha & Mint Daily Cleanser” followed by their “Daily Dose Multivitamin Moisturizer” and “Eyes Open Caffeine & Peptide Eye Cream”. Then at night I use their “OMZZZ Acai Nightly Cleansing Balm” followed by “Repair Mode AHA/BHA Active Night Serum” and “Power Sleep Melatonin & Glycolic Night Cream”

I also use their “Daily Fix Elderberry & Vitamin E Lip Oil” and “Palm Reader Adaptogen Nourishing Hand Cream”. Like I said I love the brand.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Marti,

Just legs after shaving in the shower, then at night when I remember. I use Eucerin Advanced Repair lotion. It is fragrance free and does a pretty good job. My face hasn’t needed anything since my skin there is naturally oily.

Hugs, Lara

I have a moisturize routine before makeup in the morning and a full body moisturize routine at night.

I reapply an spf during the day if needed.

I find during the winter season I have to put a hand cream on a few times during the day.

Alanna

I just started using “Don’t Grow There.” I’m excited to see if it works in a few weeks. Before that I was using Jergens lotion in the morning. Neutragena sunscreen on face, upper arms, back of neck, and ‘farmer’s tan” area on top of chest.

Catherine

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

Give it a little time and don’t get frustrated. I have been using it regularly twice a day and am down from having to shave everyday, to shaving every 3 to 4 days.

We are also starting a 12 week course of IPL hair removal this Friday. I am excited to see how the combination of the two works out, because Don’t Grow There has already really helped slow down the growth.

Hi Catherine

Please keep us updated in your progress and views of “Don’t Grow There.”

I have to shave daily and there sre so many fake products out there.

Love
        Michelle

Hi Michelle,

It’s a little early to tell, but I want to say it’s working at least a little bit. The regrowth has been slower, I’ll say that. I don’t think it’s going to stop it altogether, but slowing it is better than nothing. I also am trying Pit Stop, which is for underarms. It’s made by the same company as Don’t Grow There.

I’ve just started using my Braun IPL as well. I’ve only done one treatment so far so there’s really no way to judge yet. You use it once per week and it says most hair should be gone after 12 weeks. Then you use it once per month or as needed.

More to follow.

Stay smooth,
          Catherine

Anonymous

Thanks Catherine.  I have just started using Don’t Grow There.  I agree, a slowing down or some thinning would be great.  I will have to try Pit Stop.

Tara Ryan
      Lady

Hi Marti,

I moisturise my face every morning and evening, my evening routine includes eye cream and toner.  I moisturise my baby after shaving my legs, arms and body.  I am constantly using hand and nail cream throughout the day.

Love,

Tara x

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I think you’re doing plenty at twice a day, unless you live in 0% humidity…

I, on the other hand, don’t do it NEARLY enough. I tend to remember to moisturize the face after I shave.

But the arms and legs I forget to do… I might do it once or twice a week… 🙁

I’m a slacker girl… I know that I should be doing it every day.

My wife moisturizes every might right before bed as part of her routine.

xoxo

Rayna

Hi Marti,
      I moisturize several times a day. I moisturize my face once in the morning before make up but will moisturize my arms and legs 3-4 times a day. I moisturize everywhere on my body that I can reach at least once a day also. I feel it does my skin wonders.

Morning and bedtime x

Anonymous

After AM and PM showers…and a moisturize story too! I was getting a drab haircut last week, and after his fingers brushed my face Omar asked me, “What do you use on your face? Your skin is so soft.” All I could do was smile.

Haley

Anonymous

Good one, Haley ! It’s  nice to get a complement from unexpected quarters

Marti xxx

I moisturize twice a day, and occasionally forget. I also get facials monthly.

Something I recently started doing is microneedle treatments. I was skeptical it would do anything, but I was pleasantly surprised. It’s not cheap, but it’s worth it.

Anonymous

probably more, says the girl that rarely moisturises when she should as my work does mangle my skin lol.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Marti.

I’ve always loved the outdoors so now at my advanced age I’m paying for it. My dermatologist has me doing a month long treatment of applying two different creams twice a day every day and using sunscreen every time I step out the door.

Its a lot of work but I’ve gotten in the habit and think of it as applying daily makeup. My face and arm skin have greatly improved and I have about two more weeks to go. After that I’ll continue to moisturize twice a day and ALWAYS wear sunscreen whenever outside even on cloudy days. I moisturize my shaven legs about every other day with regular moisturizer. I’ve shaved my arms too since starting the treatments so now smooth from nose to toes.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?