• This topic has 58 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 56 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I shave my legs everyday, I just went 2 days without shaving and started to feel like Chewbacca. I have found that I feel not clean with leg hair. So how often do you shave your legs?

Hi Carla I checked –I  don’t shave my legs as I haven’t had to in many years started shaving 30 some odd years ago when came out to my wife when we were married and really don’t need to shave anymore cant say completely as a very little grows on my knee caps and a few stray hairs on my toes so maybe every other week hope you girls get to enjoy this part of getting older and not having to shave any more .

Stephanie Bass

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Normally I shave my legs every other day.  Once every 4 to 8 weeks I let them go 4 to 7 days a use nair.  I am hoping that I can keep this up, it is difficult to shave legs with my arthritis.  Every time I shave I find patches that were missed, gets very fustrating.

I only shave the tops of my legs, usually once or twice a week.  The rest of my legs, along with arms, legs, stomach, back, shoulders, feet, and hand I get waxed.  In the warmer months, about half a year, I go once every 5 weeks.  In the cooler months, once every six weeks.  It’s only from the waist to the bottom of boxer briefs that they don’t wax and I have to shave.

I didn’t answer the poll because my answer doesn’t really fit.

Leonara
      Ambassador

Hi Carla,
      Age has its advantage … I shave my legs every two weeks and with the advice from one of our sister’s here at CDH … I apply moisturizer cera ve daily.
      My legs are sooo smooth… Leonara

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I shave every other week. Not much body hair and it grows slowly. I had 4 laser sessions before the pandemic. I’m finishing what I started with a Phillips home IPL device. The goal is no shaving. Should be there in 2-3 months. Shaving sucks!

Emily

Anonymous

I shave my legs and arms every day.  It’s my constant connection with my femininity, particularly on days when I can’t be Annie.   I love the smoothness

IsabelB
      Lady

Hi Carla,

You should maybe have broken ‘I don’t shave my legs’ into two categories – I voted for this one because I don’t need to shave – I don’t have any hair on my legs!

I guess there are others who do have hair on their legs, but can’t shave or choose not to.

Isabel x

Anonymous

Hi Carla I shave every two or three days as soon as I feel growth I know it’s time to shave them and others no better feeling than smooth legs 💚

Anonymous

Thanks girlfriend 💚

OMG!

Shaved my legs for the first time 2 weeks ago and still trying to finally fully finish shaving with each shower.

It is something I am going to have to practice and master, because my results are terrible and I was initially  ill at ease with patches here and there. It was obvious that this boy had been doing something very funny style and I felt like as if I was some freak.

There is a skill to be had at getting all those tight curves  dimples and recessed area not to mention the areas that are just plain too hard for even the best contortionist to reach.

Unfortunately I am a very beastly person and it has been a battle to defoilage myself, even if it is just the legs. I am fortunate I did not get too carried away with the rest of my body.  My legs are almost free of missed patches and it isnt so obvious of my experiment. But now it is that I think I am somewhat complete and smooth but I have different uneven patches of stubble that no matter how many times I try to go over it all I somehow miss things or it is growing out uneven.  It just seems to be a glowing neon sign that says hey look what I did! My S.O. constantly teases me and makes me even more self conscious . Of course there has barely been much discussion of whats going on or what I am doing,,,, dont ask dont tell but we are carrying on with friendly banter and ineuendo.. I think its fun for both of us…  she enjoys my discomfort but not in a humiliating way. But not helping me remove it either. Not yet, regardless of sheltering , we both have essential work to do with barely anytime for ourselves let alone each other. Certainly no time to invent new games and hardly a chance to chat, explain , share or even come up with excuses for what the heck I am trying to do. I have not had a chance to fully enjoy the tactile sensation with the exotic textiles that go along with it. But I do find that I am starting cross my legs often and love the nakedness of my thighs rubbing each other, minus the stubble.

I have no idea how I will manage to get smooth totally. Not without a serious assistant. Unfortunately I am not being taken seriously.

How do the gals get all those hard to reach areas? Covid19 has put a damper at pro waxing…  I am sure it would be prohibitively expensive! I cant wait to feel silk on my smooth skin!

Ashley
        Lady

Yup, this is the struggle of getting rid of male leg hair! I remember before my first time, thinking: “well this should be easy… my legs don’t have contours like my face does, and it will be way easier to stretch out the skin!” Then I dove into it and immediately discovered that my legs have contours I never knew were there, and even though my leg hair is way thinner than my facial hair, my razor seemed to be just great at gliding over patches of it without doing anything at all. Like it was taunting me or something.

Fortunately for me, once I do get everything smooth, I can go up to two weeks before the stubble becomes unbearable. I prefer to shave every three or four days when I can though. I love to wear pantyhose en femme, slipping into them right after shaving is glorious, and still sorta OK if I’ve been lazy.

Anonymous

Like some of the girls here mentioned, I do not shave very often. Very little hair on my arms or legs. I also switched from using a razor about every two weeks, to using an epilator about once a month.

for the most part, i am naturally smooth and rarely have to shave.

this does not serve me well as a guy, but is a big plus as a girl.  i suppose that’s true of many of my physical attributes – small boned, small wrists, small feet, etc.

on the other hand, not much bodyfat, so women’s clothing is often a very difficult fit 🙁

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I shave my legs every time I take a shower. It’s fast, easy and neat and well worth it for showing my legs in silky pantyhose..

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I would if I could everyday, however, my situation allows me to only shave them during the winter months. Then only a couple times, it is part of the agreement I have with my wife. I really look forward to the cooler days!

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Carla, I’m one of those lucky ones, usually no need to shave but I do once every month or two just to catch those few straggly black hairs.  Plus, shaving the legs and then slathering on the moisturizer makes them feel really silky.  Actually very little body hair anywhere except on the top of my head which is quite nice at age 66 (my birthday today!!!!)  Stay healthy, stay safe, Hugs, Krista.

Leonara
      Ambassador

Happy Birthday Krista. Welcome to full retirement
      age! You look years younger Leonara

Anonymous

[postquote quote=367285]
      Happy Birthday Krista!

Anonymous

I just shaved my legs for the first time 3 days ago and already had stubble.  This time I tried a dipilatory .  Fairly good results  we will see how long it lasts.  I wish I could have tried a wax but all the shops are shut down in California.

Ellie Hope
      Baroness

I shave everyday with an electric, then about twice a week with a good 5 blade razor. The electric is pretty unsatisfactory, but fast an easy. It helps a little, but only the razor makes it really smooth. Frequent shaving gets old, but the feel of stubble on my legs is worse, so I keep it going. A bubble bath makes shaving everything easier and a pleasant experience!

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

The short answer is I dont shave… well not yet anyway..The last “CD mountain” I want to climb (with the exception of the ever declining grey on my head), is to be hairless all over. The feel of sheer stockings on hairless legs is something I want to feel full time. Only did it once about 30 years ago and “she who at that stage must be obeyed”, was not impressed…

Strangely enough, wearing heavy duty tights 24/7 in our Australian winters, has achieved this on the lower half of my calves and parts of my thighs…..In addition, whilst on my last overnight trip, I shaved my upper arms and that has yet to grow back. Methinks “old age” and my “sagging”, (bad pun) , testosterone  levels may have something to do with this…
      Pulling these on and adjusting same has also made me something of an 80’s/90’s “punk chick”. Heavy handed muggins me ladders them all the time..
      Tho I dare not comment to her, but when my beloved complains about the cold, but has not worn tights or panty hose since she retired over a decade ago, I do not comment on the obvious solution.
      In addition, given we  still have four weeks of Melbourne lockdown to endure, to either “do the deed” or mention it to my  “DADT” beloved is not smart. We live in a smallish retirement unit, nowhere else much to go if any “tension arises” from the above.
      Happy shaving(and dressing)
      Caty.
      Robin Snow
      Duchess

When I started shaving my legs last year, I quickly realized that every 3 to 4 days was not going to cut it.  While I absolutely adore having smooth legs, my skin became very irritated from all the shaving.  The shaving lasted about 6 months and I bought an epilator back in December and have not looked back.  I spend around an hour every 10 to 14 days depending on how quickly the hair grows back.  I’ve been thinking an IPL to zap those dark hairs away and then epilating the gray ones.

Robin

Alex Grim
      Lady

Oh, my God…

Little secret? It’s been probably a month or longer!

It’s my secret shame!

Corona-lockdown has completely made me lazy. I still keep the pubic region trimmed and presentable (because, ya never know!). But past about mid-thigh/knee, it’s a disaster!

In fact, I can’t bring myself to push my pants past my knees when I pee. Lol.

But, now, it’s to the point that when I think about shaving, it seems like a lot of work!

Probably going to need sheep shears when I finally decide to stop being a yeti.

I may have to join one of those “furry” clubs!

Siobhan
      Lady

I only started about a month ago, starting with a male body groomer (I wasn’t out to my wife at that point) but ended up stubbly after a couple of days, then shaving which gave me no end of ingrowing hairs, so I tried Veet for men, which lasted a bit longer and no in growing hairs, and then last week after coming out to my wife I bought an epilator with her blessing (she loves the smooth me), which I am currently using daily to rip it out as it grows back and get it under control.  And yes moisturise every day to get that silky look and feel.

If you are looking for a new method of torture – just use an epilator on genetic male chest hair.  That was painful and a little bloody on the first run.  My body did not want to let go of them, and yes they were all trimmed short first.  However now they are getting under control and I am feeling much smoother.

I am pretty much slippery smooth all over now.

I shave every day when I am not in summer shorts season (which is now) so I can’t shave or paint my toes these days, but come the fall, I will be doing both.  I usually run a razor over my legs during my morning shower.

Hi ladies it’s Sandy and yes I have been away far too long.
      As for the shaving stuff, I have to finally admit what the other girls tried to tell me! Epilator!! I have been through this before as I am endowed with fur. Shaved for a while, took too long and had to do it too often.
      Dipilatories, better but still not great.
      Then the epilator I didn’t believe it at first but I thought I would try it. I ordered the most expensive they had. It worked well enough but let no one tell you it don’t hurt! Hurts like hell and it took literally days and continuance alcohol.
      Girls, try it. !  The best one on the market is $60.
      Contact me and I’ll reveal the secret of the brand as I have gone thru three.
      Hugs and giggles!
      Sandy.

Hi ladies it’s Sandy and yes I have been away far too long.
      As for the shaving stuff, I have to finally admit what the other girls tried to tell me! Epilator!! I have been through this before as I am endowed with fur. Shaved for a while, took too long and had to do it too often.
      Dipilatories, better but still not great.
      Then the epilator I didn’t believe it at first but I thought I would try it. I ordered the most expensive they had. It worked well enough but let no one tell you it don’t hurt! Hurts like hell and it took literally days and continuance alcohol.
      Girls, try it. !  The best one on the market is $60.
      Contact me and I’ll reveal the secret of the brand as I have gone thru three.
      Hugs and giggles!
      Sandy.

My answer was Never. I have very little body hair in general and none on my legs…

I have an IPL and it works pretty well. My only problem has been remembering to sit down and do it. It takes maybe 45 minutes to zap two full legs then if you are adding chest and arms, you can get up to an hour and a half. Then you still need to shave – at least at first.

To get the best results you need to IPL twice a week for a few months then you can taper off. I was all the way down to one IPL per month and shaving every 2 weeks before “the great COVID stay at home” hit and now I’m back to shaving and trying to “restarting” IPL. Honestly after a month or so of IPL I have never had the growth that I once had, so even with taking a few months off I’m still way ahead of the game.

I was epilating before the IPL and that also works wonders  You can’t epilate and IPL though because the epilator offsets the IPL and makes it ineffective

I shave every other day but I can over a week without shaving and nobody would be able to tell but I can tell I can’t even imagine having having hairy legs not this girl

I had to pick the first choice, ‘I don’t shave my legs’ simply because I have zero hair on them anymore.  The chemotherapy I went through caused it to fall out and it has never returned.  My arm hair will get a little length to it, but is brittle and breaks off if I wear a long sleeve blouse or tshirt/sweat shirt.

When I was shaving, I would do it in the bath twice a week.  I knew that my sister and mom did it once a week, but my first love/bf taught me to shave them two times a week and I did that until I had the chemo.

PaulaF

I shave my legs every few days. Totally love the feeling of silky smooth legs! Then to top it off after drying I put lotion on my feet and legs and WOW it feels fantastic! Put on a pair of hose and great fitting heels and doesn’t get much better than that! I never tire of it!

Diane Crow

I try and keep my legs reasonably smooth but do lapse. However, if I am planning to go out or meet someone, I’ll make sure they are nice and smooth.

Anonymous

I too shave my legs every day. Doing so offers me a feeling of femininity throughout the day. That and a little light makeup.

Anonymous

Well at least the Good Lord blessed me with fair skin and fine hair…lol….If he only would have stuck to the plan and had given me boobs instead of this other thing between my legs. Being a mix of Irish and Norwegian, I dont have very much body hair except in the places that need to be kept warm (lol) and what I do have is almost transparent and fine. except for some red curls..wink. So I guess that DNA mix is a plus. I can go weeks without having  to do any clean up with a razor and some creme..

Mo

K Swim
      Lady

I shave them when I know no one is going to see them (like during the winter time) or once or twice during the summer if they start looking like Chewbacca legs.

Marianne
      Ambassador

I do not shave my legs as they happen to be naturally hair free, as are my back, upper arms and chest apart from a dozen hairs around each nipple. My lower arms have some almost invisible light fuzz.

i shave leg’s use nair on the rest of body. hate body hair

I get my whole body waxed once a month so I ticked both no shaving and once a week or more.

Anonymous

I wish I could get my legs done but everything in California is shut down. Rats.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I shave every other day on average, but on occasion every day. I would like to try getting waxed( i hear it hurts, but want to try it).  I love feeling smooth and silky… don’t forget to moisturize after shaving ladies!

I would like to try getting “everything” waxed for an experience.

I was even thinking about letting them wax and style my brows…

Then get a Mani/Pedi….a whole spa day out of it!!

I am fortunate as I don’t have any hair growth on my legs so no need to shave. I only need to shave my arm pits once a week.

Dala, I get waxed every 5 to 6 weeks.  I go to a place that uses a hard wax.  The hard wax hardens on your skin and then is pulled off, taking the hair with it.  The soft wax needs the muslin strips applied on top to stick to the wax.

Don’t go by The 40 Year Old Virgin.  There is a bit of a sting when you get waxed, like pulling a band-aid off a hairy arm.  It lasts a few seconds and fades.  I found the soft wax to be more troublesome, particularly in areas of more flexible skin like the stomach or upper thighs, because the skin pulls with the wax.  The hard wax will just pull away from the skin (not pull the skin), even on the stomach or thighs.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Like Marianne below, I have very little body hair, some light fuzz on my arms, practically nothing on my legs or back, very little underarms, but a little on my chest around my nipples and then around my belly.  I do shave those places on occasion, just lightly, and they’re mostly hidden under my clothes anyway. But removing the excess does make me feel better.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Update: The IPL device is working great!  Even less hair.  What’s left grows even slower.  Happy girl!

Emily

I agree – most body hair is grim to look at, and traps sweat, so can smell bad, and always puts me in mind of a hairy creature, like a bear, ape or yes, Chewie!

That said, I find shaving a chore, and body shaving even more so.

It only turns pleasurable when linked to time out en femme. Then I enjoy the sensuality of shaving, moisturising and powdering, and the subsequent silky, smooth, fragranced sensations against my girly clothes.

It’s soooo deliciously feminine, and makes me feel like a better person – although cautiously so. I have to ensure my inner man creature doesn’t get carried away – so it’s a nice balance between the two perceived sides.

Allowing the feminine side is still new and exciting, and I see so many places that I want to take her.

Shaving body hair for the first time was a relief – beastly stuff gone now, this feels right for me.

Why stop at shaving the face, if that’s your preferance?

If there’s some unwritten rule that men should be hairy, I don’t see it in media images.

Some men have huge beards, some don’t. Some wax their chests, some don’t.

It’s all about self expression and has been since at least the 1960s revolutions, maybe the roaring 1920s, or probably before.

Love Laura

Anonymous

usually i try to shave 1 time every week usualy friday but it really just depends.

Anonymous

I don’t have much hair on my legs so don’t have to shave them to much, i usually shave them about every two to three months depending how i feel, I’ve just started my shaving routine in the last few days I’ve shaved my legs all the way up to my bikini line I’ve also shaved my arms and under my arms you know my armpits, and round my man bits, the only trouble is i can’t reach the back of my legs and the bit between my legs and my hips, if you know where i mean i might have to have a professional wax down there, i hope i haven’t put anyone off their food x lol x

I just ordered a Braun Silk-epil 9 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator . I cant wait to try it. I hear it’s painful at first but since I can use it in the shower it will be less painful and after a few times it goes from painful to just stinging. We will see. I just don’t want to be like Steve Carell in 40 year old virgin. Ouch!!!

Below my knees, I have very little leg hair. And above my knees, the leg hair is fairly thin as well. So, I can get by with once a week shaving.

[postquote quote=377776]
      Thanks Emily – this is interesting!

I looked at the Braun, then settled for a cheap one which got good reviews.

It’s horrible!

It bites, not stings – sting would be pleasurable in comparison – and I still have to shave afterwards.

All pain, no gain!

How thick is your hair – and how good a job does the Braun do?

Do you need to follow up with a wet shave, or is it that good?

Curious, curious!!

Love Laura

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Hi Laura,

Just to be sure we’re on the same page – my hair removal journey has been an evolution. I went from shaving to epilating to laser to intense pulsed light (IPL). I’m on IPL now. The goal is to spend less time on hair removal. I see it as a chore. The less I have to do it the better. Read on for the answer to your questions and more info than you bargained for, LOL!

We all know about shaving. I shaved everything from the neck down. That took a LONG time and I had to do it every 2-3 days. It was impossible to keep up. I got sick of the ordeal after a couple of weeks and started looking for something better.

I switched to a Braun Silk Epil epilator and got good results. When I started, my hair was very thick and coarse. I had to epilate every week. I won’t sugar coat it – the first couple of times were really intense. I needed to take breaks every 5-10 minutes. TIP: have a couple of stiff drinks before you start! My hair gradually became finer and grew slower. After a couple of months I hardly noticed any sting at all. I settled into a routine of epilating every 3 weeks. My skin was fairly smooth and felt great.  No need for shaving or anything else.  I did that for almost 3 years. But it took about 90 minutes to do my entire body. Over the course of a year that was still too much time. I started searching again.

I started doing laser last November. I had 4 treatments before the pandemic forced my clinic to close. It works. I was smooth and hair free in many places. The hair that remained was thin and growing very slowly. When you’re doing laser, you shouldn’t epilate or wax between treatments. This keeps your hair growth cycle normal and the laser is most effective. I shaved about once a week between treatments.

Eventually I got sick of waiting for my clinic to reopen and started researching home IPL devices. I decided to buy a Philips Lumea Prestige IPL unit from the UK. They aren’t sold in the US. It cost about $500. Expensive but still cheaper than 1 laser treatment. Considering I needed at least 2 more laser treatments, the IPL was a bargain.

IPL and laser work on similar principles. They both use light to force your hair to shed. Each hair has a different growth cycle, so multiple treatments several weeks apart are needed to remove most of your hair. Laser and IPL are long-term hair removal methods. Most people need a touch up about once a year.

I’ve used the Philips IPL 4 times so far. It works better than expected. My first treatment I noticed a lot less hair and what remained was hardly growing at all. Every treatment since has been just as effective. I’d estimate I’m about 95% smooth and hair free. My skin has never felt or looked this good. I’m not sure I can improve on that but I want it to last as long as possible. I’ll finish my program. I have 1 more treatment in 2 weeks followed by 5 treatments spaced every 4-8 weeks. After that I should be done except for yearly touch ups.

Sorry for the long response. Hope it helps.

Emily

Scarlett398
      Princess

Hi there! It’s me – Scarlett! And I shave my legs every single morning in the shower and it’s not because I have to, it’s because it’s the sexiest way I can start my day! I love the feminine feel of that sharp razor going over my legs covered in that extra sensitive thick shaving cream I buy in twos or threes at Walmart on a more than regular basis. I never run out of new razors or that wonderful shaving cream! I can do both legs now in less than 3 or 4 minutes after practicing every single morning in the shower for at least the last 10 years or more!

XOXOXO Scarlett

Emily
      Lady

Every other day for me. I stayed with some family for a few days earlier this year and had to limit my shower length, so no shaving for me. Could not wait to get home and get smooth again! One of the best feelings in the world ( for me anyway) is freshly shaved legs, moisturizing lotion and stockings/tights/pantyhose. A bit of heaven on earth!

Anonymous

Never.  I’m blessed to have no hair on my legs, chest, back or underarms; the “fuzz” on my arms is becoming more visible, and  may need removal soon.  Now, if I could only be rid of that horrid bush that grows on my ears……..

I went with the Braun epi silk 9 and it is fantastic. It does not bite and it is water proof so I can use it in the shower and it makes the tummy hair a bit easer to pluck. I did my legs almost 4 weeks ago and I am starting to feel some fine hairs coming up. I have done my entire body except my back and I love using it.

Hairless Hugs

Diane

Leslie
      Lady

Yes I have very little hair on my legs but agree about the ear hair thing,

Anonymous

[postquote quote=386095]
      Nobody ever mentions ears; could we be the only ones?  And they grow so FAST!

Viewing 56 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?