Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I never wore makeup until my SOGGF outed me and in No uncertain terms said a GG lady that desires to really look attractive Never ever leaves home without atleast a little bit of makeup.

I even now occasionally when have to Dress in in Male attire I even use a little bit of makeup foundation and powder and a touch of clear mascara.

So I am curious how offen other GURLS here use makeup

It’s rare that I get to wear makeup,  but if I am making the time to dress there is always at least an hour set aside to get my makeup ready.  I still need lots more practice but I am getting better at eyeshadow.  Good brushes really help.

Cynthia

Cynthia,

What set of brushes do you have and where did you get them ?

I’ve been “borrowing” my SOGGF’S makeup brushes as she usually has me get dressed fully ENFEMME every day while she is showering and do my makeup b4 she does hers so she can “touch up” mine b4 she does hers, if she thinks I botched it.

But now she wants me to get my own set of makeup brushes etc.

But I don’t feel like spending over a $150 for brushes like hers, she has 20Brushes for home and another 7 brushes she calls her purse brushes for Ladies Room makeup touchups.

I have never spent a ton on brushes the majority of mine are either from ELF or Ecotools.

Most of my ELF brushes I have picked up from holiday kits but in store, they can be had as low as 3 to 4 dollars Canadian.  My EcoTools was picked up as a basic set with 5 brushes that I more picked up just for the lip brush but they all are great.

I would suggest some of the ELF eyeshadow brushes which can be quite small and make application a lot more precise and way easier.

From what I have heard Wet N Wild also makes some decent brushes at cheap price’s

Cynthia

Do you use Liquid eyeshadow or powder shaxows? My SOGGF has me using liquid like her and gel eyeliner same brand but black,  she uses gel dark brown

I’ve only recently started wearing makeup when I dress. Currently I only wear eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. Occasionally I’ll wear a light amount of mascara in guy mode. I’d really like to try eyeshadow, foundation and concealer, but I have no idea what I’m doing and the amount of products out there is mind blowing. Time will tell.

One problem I have with eyeliner is I need “readers” to see up close, so I end up applying eyeliner somewhat blind and hoping for the best when I put my readers back on. I thought about buying one of those magnifying makeup mirrors, but I’m not sure it would help.

-Brittany

Makeup can be daunting.  I would suggest if your SO is supportive she try and help you get some foundation,  getting a decent skin match will be the hardest part depending on how secure you are with trying it in store.  I would suggest the Maybelline Fitme+ Poreless foundation as it can be had on sale for a decent price and I love the finish.

As for eyeshadow, I would try the Wet N Wild Color Icon 10 palettes,  great colors and also cheaper but really decent product.

Cynthia

Good pointers. I just made an appointment with a cosmetologist for a make over as I have not tried doing this myself.

Probably the best way to get a perfect match for your foundation.  And also don’t forget you will need a different shade between winter and summer.

I wasted sooooooooo much cash on wrong shade foundation.

Cynthia

Brittany

Get yourself a portable magnifying lighted makeup mirror. I have a non lighted 4″ diameter 2 sided one, regular mirror one side and 10X magnification on other side  , it has a convenient neck hook that also is a counter top stand. IIRC from CVS pharmacy store about 10$. Now I wish I had spent more for a larger 10″ square one in plastic framed countertop  model  with LED lights in frame I think I  was 30 r 40 dollars

Anonymous

Always when I dress.. Not dressed without it.

As for the rest of the time, rarely, but I do always make sure I have great feminine shaped manicured nails (with at lease a clear tough-coat top-coat on), tidy brows, smooth all over and an meticulously clean and tidy.

Wearing lippy and massy around my local area would, however Stone-age is is, end up with me wearing a bright blood motif down my shirt, and having broken windows adding to the value of my car.

Imogen x

Anonymous

I love doing make up, but rarely have time these days.

When I was able to dress more regularly and for longer, I would always spend some time brushing on the powders and potions.

Not there yet, but getting better every time. The last time I went full makeup was new year’s eve – my main profile picture is a selfie taken at the station, waiting for the train to London.

I was pleased with the look I got, and can see how to improve it next time.

Baby steps!

People seem to accept me generally anyway – a 6′ 4″ man is never going to fool anyone, but I think I create a nice look  even if I’m no oil painting. Without wishing to be insulting, many women aren’t, so no big deal!

Beauty is more than a look, it’s how you feel inside and how it reflects in others.

That can always be worked on – perfection is the dream goal, but not life critical!

Love Laura

I’m in a position right now where I’m practicing my look and skills, so as often as I have a few hours free, privacy, and the inclination to be an artiste.  I don’t think I’m doing too badly for only a couple months’ practice doing it right with my own makeup.  Val’s a bit of a grand dame, so I go for a very dramatic look (profile pic is me from the nose up, as the beard kind of ruins the effect).

Once I get the look together and the body properly smooth I’ll be doing my makeup whenever I have time to dress properly.

I have never worn makeup and would love to try. I am looking for a professional to do a makeover. Not sure where to look locally for a professional that is not all uptight over a cross dresser. Suggestions welcome.

1. If ur out to ur SO, GGF, wife see if she will do your makeup for you
        2.  IF there is Sephora Store nearby go there in enfem mode. I’ve been to several near me. When my SOGGF accidentally discovered me wearing her outfits and makeup this is where she took me for a makeover session,  then to get lessons and my own makeup after she got sick of doing my makeup for me every time before WE had a girls day out
        3. Check online for any LOCAL CD TG LBGT Total makeover services

If you’re willing to travel for such, try the following service nearby to Washington DC:

https://makeoverswithelizabethtaylor.com/tag/dont-ask-dont-tell/

WOW, i FOUND A STORE NEAR ME AND PLAN ON MAKING AN APPOINTMENT. I reviewed their website and then called and being a cross dresser is no problem. I spoke to the manager an explained I was scheduled to get my wig done next week and would call back to make an appointment. Thanks for the tip 🙂

Hi Tammie, i find wearing makeup is part of my ‘ritual’ of dressing femme. Without it, i would only feel half the girl that i am!! 🙂 . I chose only in full enfemme mode and weekends, because thats really the only time i can use it.

Fiona xxx

Love when I can go full femme but will sometime use a little makeup even when I won’t get to go out but am partially dressed in a hotel room.

Always wear full feminine make-up when en-femme, and light foundation and eye make-up.  Lots of my female acquaintances envy my skills are are always asking me if I could do their make-up.

Amanda

Leah
      Baroness

I typically wear makeup when I get dressed up, I enjoy the “female prep” and trying new eye shadow looks and working on that smoky eye

Leah – same here.  Someone once pointed out to me that “a little eye makeup goes a long way!!” toward being fem.  I am playing with that too and love the smokey eye look.  Off all the makeup options, something for the eyes/lashes is the most important I think

I don’t use makeup.  I started without it and have continued on. I expect I look a ‘little rugged’ up close but it works for me around the house and my trips out which are mostly for walks.

I have no noticable facial stubble after a shave – I keep my skin in good condition with a daily cleanse and moisturise.

If I was out of the closet I would probably use a bit of lipstick and little foundation.  My interest in makeup is minimal perhaps due to family influences – my mother didn’t use it much, nor my sister. My SO doesn’t use makeup, apart from lipstick.

CharleneQ
      Lady

I just started wearing makeup lately at work in my boy mode I’ve not been out full girly mode I mostly wear at home experiment with different looks at home as I am just coming out and into my own with this lifestyle and part of it so I’m still under development still learning how to use makeup I just found the right tone through my skin building up the skills to make myself look more feminine have a great deal of trouble with my chin and lower neck area finally got the right tone to help with the blending of it I need some help for me to learn how to kind of beard shadow in those areas working progress when I come up with something that works I’ll try to let you know in the meantime let the journey begin

Never was the best option, but rarely would be a more accurate answer.  Makeup has never really been important.  I’m not trying to be a woman or hide that I am a man.  I am being me and makeup really isn’t necessary especially in my casual everyday experience and ventures.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Anonymous

When I dress up in women’s clothing, I feel the need to wear makeup along with a wig and forms. I just love applying makeup, to complete my look.

Robin Snow
      Duchess

I would love to start wearing a little makeup when I dress.  I considered starting with a little mascara and some nude lipstick.

I’ve just started recently thanks in part to a female customer turned friend that I introduced my true self to. I’m not a fan of over the top makeup, I prefer natural beauty. Neither my gf or daughters wear that much. I, lacking that natural beauty find that it helps. Having said that, I have and continue to go out at times dressed without it.

I don’t do it that often and when I do its low key. A little concealer, mascara, eye shadow and occassionaly a touch of lipstick.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?