- Less than 5’4”
- 5’4” up to 5’6”
- 5’6”up to 5’8”
- 5’8” up to 5’10”
- 5’10” up to 6’
- 6’ or taller
- October 18, 2019 at 9:33 am #236804
Carolyn KayParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 9Replies: 72Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
there has been some discussion on the perfect height for a CD/TG
Total of 29 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- November 10, 2019 at 8:53 am #246927Rachel WilliamsParticipantRegistered On: November 3, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 15Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 30 times
I’m about an even 5 feet.
The problem is that I’m 137 pounds at my last weigh in. 😭😭😭
So you and I are 2 of the 6 that have admitted to being shorter than 5ft 4 in the survey. Have you found your height causing any issues in shopping for clothing?
- November 9, 2019 at 2:21 pm #246527Rachel WilliamsParticipantRegistered On: November 3, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 15Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 30 times
- November 9, 2019 at 12:27 pm #246446Boots DevilleParticipantRegistered On: November 20, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 12Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 30 times
- November 9, 2019 at 4:46 pm #246598
- November 2, 2019 at 2:55 pm #243086
- October 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm #241886Michelle LiefdeAmbassadorRegistered On: May 27, 2018Topics: 44Replies: 1006Has thanked: 1178 timesBeen thanked: 1041 times
- November 9, 2019 at 6:22 pm #246647
- October 29, 2019 at 2:11 pm #241818
- October 29, 2019 at 5:37 am #241620zeezee SmithParticipantRegistered On: August 9, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 29Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 20 times
- October 29, 2019 at 3:22 am #241559dianeParticipantRegistered On: September 21, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 3Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 6 times
I am so lucky being only 5’5″ I find the clothes fit just nicely and being a size 9 women shoe I never have a problem getting shoes that fit in the styles I like, being able to wear a good-sized heel and still not be taller than other women around me feels awesome
But we should remember laying down were all the same height or close to.
- October 29, 2019 at 5:51 am #241623Carolyn KayParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 9Replies: 72Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
Hi Diane, you are lucky to be somewhat petite, your clothing and shoe options are much greater than us taller ladies. Also, you are right about laying down is the great equalizer, lol.
- October 29, 2019 at 12:58 pm #241765Colleen RossiniParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 19Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 35 times
- October 29, 2019 at 2:47 pm #241825Carolyn KayParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 9Replies: 72Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
There may be a lot of options but it seems so many times I find something I really like and it only comes in smaller sizes, especially dresses 👗 and shoes 👠.
- October 27, 2019 at 5:53 pm #240837Brandi WalkerParticipantRegistered On: January 6, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 6 times
- October 28, 2019 at 4:56 am #241153
- October 27, 2019 at 1:44 pm #240741Carla JonesParticipantRegistered On: May 14, 2017Topics: 3Replies: 120Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 258 times
I am 6′, I have no issue with my height just wish my feet were a smaller size. It is hard to find comfortable shoes. I wear a men’s 12 wide, so it is a pain. I have found some shoes at Long Tally Sally that fit well but most are quite expensive.
- October 27, 2019 at 6:09 am #240529Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 746Has thanked: 387 timesBeen thanked: 1022 times
- October 27, 2019 at 12:54 pm #240709
- October 26, 2019 at 11:37 am #240278Soibahn NoirParticipantRegistered On: October 26, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 3Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 14 times
I’m 6’1″ it’s not the height of the heels that bother me …. mine are all 3-5″
it’s the fact that I wear a size 14
most stores, now that Payless is gone, do not stock anything over a 10
I have a couple of girlfriends that wear an 11 or 12 depending on fit and they have to really shop around
I sooo want a pair of over the knee boots to go with one certain leather skirt, but that’s not happening
- October 26, 2019 at 12:22 pm #240289Tricia LynnParticipantRegistered On: November 20, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 46Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 58 times
I have the same problem. I also wear size 14 shoes and they are tough to find. It’s hard taking a chance without trying them on first. I have had no luck with the few pairs of heels and platforms I bought online. All have been painful on my bunions (another unfortunate issue).
- October 26, 2019 at 5:05 pm #240405ParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 9Replies: 72Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
Tricia, have you tried Amazon? Type in your size, probably 14w and see what happens
- October 27, 2019 at 9:47 am #240603
- October 27, 2019 at 12:58 pm #240711ParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 9Replies: 72Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
Hi Tricia, there use to be an online store in Alpena, Michigan called Sexy Shoes. Google it and see if they are still in business, I have received a couple pair of heels from them a while back. They worked with me to find the best shoe at 13w. Can’t hurt to look.
- October 26, 2019 at 9:40 am #240236LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 2Replies: 283Has thanked: 469 timesBeen thanked: 312 times
I finally found your very thought provoking poll…I have always been 5’8”
However my follow up physical after my surgery I measured 5’7” , I guess age and spinal surgery could explain the difference…en femme, I am very comfortable in my height and also lost 15 pounds..with a little help with padded hip pads, I now have all the curves in the right places. I feel so elegant in my little black dress!! Oh I am also blessed with a size nine shoe .. I love strappy heels peep hole pumps… through trial and error girly flats are 9w…
Carolyn, congratulations, the ladies here responded to your poll.. well done
- October 25, 2019 at 8:18 pm #240094Sa·man·thaParticipantRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 63Replies: 718Has thanked: 2107 timesBeen thanked: 1641 times
- October 26, 2019 at 4:26 am #240167
- October 25, 2019 at 12:35 pm #239918Donna AllenParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 3Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 9 times
I’m 5’7 and built top heavy (well middle heavy more these days). I used to wish that I we’re closer to 6 foot but with Mom at 5’4″ and dad at 5’6″ I didn’t stand a chance. Now I feel tall amongst women and short amongst men.
- October 25, 2019 at 11:32 am #239896Nicole MParticipantRegistered On: May 9, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 16 times
Hi, im 5 Ft 8 1/2 and wear size 8 shoe. So cant complain too much but we always want to change something don’t we… Little bit more , little bit less. Its the way we are but this is all overshadowed by the feeling you have inside i guess. Joy, happiness, relaxed.
ok, a little bit shorter and through in some more curves.😁💋
- October 23, 2019 at 2:23 pm #239078Brittney AndrewsParticipantRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 371Has thanked: 9530 timesBeen thanked: 331 times
When I played basketball and soccer in high school, I was 6’1″. I think I’ve lost an inch over the years, so I say I’m 6ft. even. I love heeled shoes. Due to my height, 3.75 inch heels are the tallest I’ll wear.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- October 22, 2019 at 8:37 pm #238773Camryn OccasionnelParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 314Has thanked: 421 timesBeen thanked: 558 times
Wow, so many girls here at CDH are 5’10” and taller!
At 5’7” I feel like a shrimp among males. Since I was a young teen, oh, so long ago, I always wanted to be taller, bigger, and heavier. Since I began crossdressing in earnest after my retirement (2012) I thought that maybe my diminutive stature along with a small frame might be a perfect mix for crossdressing.
But as I discovered in short order after joining CDH, being tall is no impediment to successful crossdressing. Most of the taller girls here certainly seem to make better, more convincing, more passable crossdressers than I could ever hope to be.
So, stand proud, Long Tall Sally! Your imperial height is a CD virtue after all!
- October 23, 2019 at 5:59 am #238818BobbiParticipantRegistered On: September 13, 2018Topics: 15Replies: 892Has thanked: 831 timesBeen thanked: 1417 times
Being tall is a problem. It’s so hard to find tops. there’s always that midriff section that never gets covered up! Constantly pulling your pants up & your top down!
I love dresses, but I wish I could wear some jeans with a cute top more often.
- October 25, 2019 at 2:58 pm #239970ParticipantRegistered On: November 20, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 46Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 58 times
Finding shoes that fit is a real problem. To make matters worse, I have bunions. I have yet to find a pair of short heels that don’t kill my feet. And since I am just over six feet, I wouldn’t want to wear taller ones. Hell, I still need to learn to walk in them if I could find a reasonably comfortable pair!
- October 25, 2019 at 6:53 pm #240046ParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 9Replies: 72Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
Hi Tricia, Have you tried shopping for shoes on Amazon ? If you go to the site and type in what you are looking for you may be surprised. My feet are larger 13w and I have well over 40 pairs of various shoes, most of which are 3 inch heels. Did I mention I am just over 6 foot tall, like you? Carolyn
- October 22, 2019 at 5:15 pm #238681Morgan StaarParticipantRegistered On: November 3, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 21Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 48 times
4 inch heels lets me look Jeff in the eyes…and down on most other guys…
I was almost 3 inches taller than the guy I dated in High School when I wore 3 inch heels. His buddies referred to him as Jack the Giant killer…and I heard rumor that he bragged about taking down the amazon…lol…what can I say, it was a weak moment and it was only second base
- October 22, 2019 at 5:03 pm #238677Davida MaeParticipantRegistered On: January 14, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 178Has thanked: 102 timesBeen thanked: 244 times
- October 21, 2019 at 6:23 pm #238149Scarlett398ParticipantRegistered On: June 29, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 261Has thanked: 288 timesBeen thanked: 391 times
Hi there Girls! It’s Scarlett and I’m 5’10” tall and 170. I wear a size 11 lady’s heels, boots, booties, and wedges. Average height of my heels is from 3 and 1/2 inches up to 5 inches unless I’m in boots or booties which go from 1 and 1/2 inch up to 4 inches.
The think I like most about my size is I always feel totally girly when gettin’ my total girl on as Scarlett and never feel awkward and out of place. And I can wear any of my wife’s tops, skirts, and half of her dresses! So I’ll always have almost another full wardrobe to choose from! Now I can’t wear her heels or boots because she’s an 8 and 1/2 (boo hoo!).
- October 20, 2019 at 7:25 pm #237834Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 109Has thanked: 45 timesBeen thanked: 251 times
I was always shorter than most of the guys in jr high and high school, until I turned 17. Then I started growing and didn’t stop until I hit 6’1″. Sometimes it’s hard to find the shoes I can wear AND like since I need a 12W or 12 1/2W (womens), depending on who makes it. The biggest obstacle though is heel height. Do I seriously want to look like I should play in the WNBA? Even a low 2 – 3″ heel let’s look over most crowd’s and makes me easy to spot at the club, for sure, but I can live with that height addition.
- October 20, 2019 at 1:28 pm #237693
- October 20, 2019 at 11:55 am #237661Anne PreussParticipantRegistered On: December 13, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 410Has thanked: 556 timesBeen thanked: 600 times
I find the results of this poll fascinating (my apologies to Mr. Spock). I would have expected a fairly even distribution across all size categories but this poll suggests that the taller you are, the more predisposed you are to dress. Now I am 5’8″ and am happy to be this height for my dressing. I would like it better if I was maybe an inch or two shorter but I’m good with what I have. I wear size 10 in women’s shoes so if I see a pair I like on display, they are typically available since 10’s are not as readily bought up like the smaller sizes. Yeah for me. 🙂
- October 20, 2019 at 1:21 pm #237692ParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 9Replies: 72Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
- October 20, 2019 at 1:45 pm #237695Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 481Has thanked: 415 timesBeen thanked: 768 times
- October 20, 2019 at 12:49 am #237489Charlotte WinghamParticipantRegistered On: September 21, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 66Has thanked: 122 timesBeen thanked: 135 times
- October 20, 2019 at 4:53 pm #237772ParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 481Has thanked: 415 timesBeen thanked: 768 times
- October 20, 2019 at 7:27 am #237570ParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 9Replies: 72Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
- October 24, 2019 at 1:09 pm #239486
- October 19, 2019 at 11:04 pm #237482AshleyParticipantRegistered On: May 25, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 66Has thanked: 106 timesBeen thanked: 174 times
At 6′ 1″ I am a little shorter than I want to be as a guy (Somehow a lot of my male friends and co-workers are very tall, it makes me miss the time when I had an early growth spurt and I was taller than everyone) and much taller than I want to be as a girl.
Maybe I should just be happy I split the difference?
- October 19, 2019 at 7:45 pm #237445
- October 19, 2019 at 7:00 pm #237429karley delawareParticipantRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 8Replies: 236Has thanked: 718 timesBeen thanked: 357 times
I am at 5.6 and love the feeling of being the short vulnerable girl. When at work, I trick my mind by thinking I am a short girl in guy clothes to get along better with the knuckle head genetic guys.
- October 19, 2019 at 4:34 pm #237380https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/images/mystery-man.jpg AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 19Has thanked: 32 timesBeen thanked: 27 times
- October 19, 2019 at 4:32 pm #237378sophie tilsonParticipantRegistered On: October 21, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 34Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 63 times
- October 20, 2019 at 7:19 am #237567
- October 19, 2019 at 11:53 am #237263Rozalyne RichardsParticipantRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 84Has thanked: 83 timesBeen thanked: 164 times
I’m 5-6ins so with a 3 inch heel I would still only be 5-9 which is not a bad height to be a Crossdresser, but I don’t think it really matters how tall you are, so of these glamour models are over 6 feet tall and that’s with out wearing any high heels, i think if you look good then go with it, xxxxx
- October 19, 2019 at 9:42 am #237213Randi LayneParticipantRegistered On: May 29, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 14 times
- October 19, 2019 at 6:12 am #237165JessicaParticipantRegistered On: August 12, 2016Topics: 34Replies: 156Has thanked: 320 timesBeen thanked: 273 times
- October 19, 2019 at 10:18 am #237225
- October 19, 2019 at 3:24 am #237119Sally DrinkwaterParticipantRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 119Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 239 times
- October 19, 2019 at 4:26 am #237142ParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 9Replies: 72Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
There has been some talk in the chatroom as well as discussions I have had with my friends via private messages. The conclusion basically is most would like to be shorter but at any height we can be beautiful. Just enjoy who you are and wear those heels!
- October 18, 2019 at 10:49 pm #237088Ellie HopeParticipantRegistered On: October 3, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 34 times
I’m 6’-0” in flats, but I love the look and feel of my 3” heels. I enjoy the extra height, and heels really help get some sway in my hips. So much fun! My only issue is finding ones I like in ladies size 13.
- October 19, 2019 at 12:16 am #237104ParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 9Replies: 72Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
I have almost the same issues as you do, but I still love my 3 inch heels. Have you checked out Amazon for heels, they have a good selection.
- October 19, 2019 at 12:32 am #237110
- October 18, 2019 at 9:56 pm #237084Amanda LewisParticipantRegistered On: October 19, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 2 times
- October 19, 2019 at 12:12 am #237102
- October 18, 2019 at 8:14 pm #237067Daisy MarieParticipantRegistered On: September 27, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 19Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
I’m 5’9” and my foot size is 10 (according to a size chart I found, women’s size). So it’s been easier for me to find nice heels.
When I was younger, I was a bit upset because I wasn’t taller or I didn’t have bigger feet. Now I’m happy about how not having grown that much helps me when I’m looking for new outfits or shoes.
- October 18, 2019 at 3:51 pm #236982Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 270Has thanked: 69 timesBeen thanked: 381 times
- October 18, 2019 at 2:05 pm #236925gigi1969ParticipantRegistered On: July 16, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 131Has thanked: 259 timesBeen thanked: 208 times
- October 18, 2019 at 4:22 pm #236990
- October 18, 2019 at 12:30 pm #236885Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 27Replies: 930Has thanked: 1409 timesBeen thanked: 1586 times
- October 18, 2019 at 1:56 pm #236918ParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 9Replies: 72Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
Hi Laura, I agree we are all the perfect height for who we are. However, some of us (me) feel a bit uneasy with our tall height, makes it hard to blend in. I thought if a lot of ladies responded everyone would see they are not alone with the challenge height can have. So tall girls stand proud!!
- October 19, 2019 at 5:22 am #237153Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 27Replies: 930Has thanked: 1409 timesBeen thanked: 1586 times
I’m 6’4″, more in heels!
I’ve had a few nice people reminding me to mind my head on low door frames, but not one person has remarked on my height – which they frequently do in male mode!
Tall girls rule.
So do cute, short ones.
And I love medium sized ones – there, that’s everyone loved!
- October 19, 2019 at 12:27 pm #237275
- October 18, 2019 at 10:57 am #236843MollyParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 115Has thanked: 367 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
It seems like two different questions… I’m 5’8″ ish (175cm), but I think the perfect height would be around 5’3″ or about 160cm, … That also puts the average foot size (for that height), right in the middle of the women’s shoes. What I wouldn’t give to have a shoe size in the normally stocked sizes. Sigh!
- October 19, 2019 at 12:13 pm #237266ParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 27Replies: 930Has thanked: 1409 timesBeen thanked: 1586 times
If I could change one thing it would be that!!
All those lovely shoes I can’t wear – it would be unbearable if it were not for the lovely shoes I can wear.
That and my hips and butt. And thighs…
Ok, I would change many things, but shoe size is top!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.