- September 19, 2021 at 3:44 pm #545559Sally ZarcaeParticipantRegistered On: July 23, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 99Has thanked: 171 timesBeen thanked: 314 times
So Jill Quinn and I were discussing how do you hide from your SO, family, friends and the general public your CD beautification. I’m lucky as I don’t need to from my SO but definitely from my kids and extended family and friends. We were joking about the different things you could say.
Myself, I took up cycling, so I could shave my legs. Yet to figure out the shaved arm pits excuse but I will think of one.
Maybe for nail polish you have a terrible biting habit you are trying to break. Perhaps you need to wear lingerie as the doc said it was soft on the skin and therefore better for your sensitive skin issues🤣
There has to be many excuses we have all used that we could place together as a help list for all. Perhaps this has been covered before?
Would love your thoughts and the funnier the better.
- September 24, 2021 at 2:55 pm #547878JillianWDuchessRegistered On: October 13, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 303Has thanked: 918 timesBeen thanked: 1272 times
I’ve been shaving my legs and armpits for years now.
My wife commented on my pits early and I just said that they smell better this way and I don’t like body hair. The only time someone commented on my legs was after I had neglected to shave for a week or 10 days and the hair was growing back. After that I just keep them shaved and no one says anything.
- This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by JillianW.
- September 24, 2021 at 9:55 am #547699Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 515Has thanked: 1471 timesBeen thanked: 2312 times
If ever someone comments on my shaved legs or armpits (and they haven’t so far), I am prepared to tell them, “well actually I’m totally smooth from the ears on down if you must know” Give them more than they asked for. That ought to satisfy them.
- September 25, 2021 at 1:11 am #548015
- September 23, 2021 at 11:10 am #547191Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 419Has thanked: 693 timesBeen thanked: 1835 times
If I had hair I would grow it so no hiding there. I started to shave legs and chest first. No problem as I didn’t have a lot and was a runner. I started to shave my arms and had one comment from a GF who said they were scratchy and that was all as I made sure they were kept smooth. Eyebrows were an issue. I slowly reduced the hairs by plucking – especially the ones across the bridge of my nose. I found my perfect shape and when I have made them up I pick off the hairs outside of the lines so they remain in my femme mode. I generally keep my nails the same.
These days I am rarely in male mode but have never been questioned about being hairless or nails. In fem mode I am often complimented on how good my nails are made up. It’s a win win for me.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- September 24, 2021 at 6:38 am #547579Sally ZarcaeLadyRegistered On: July 23, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 99Has thanked: 171 timesBeen thanked: 314 times
my arms are the last place for me to shave. I’m very fair anyway but it will be noticeable so yet to build up for this.
I quite often build an outside fire pit on the weekends, so I may use as excuse to shave them. Don’t want to go up in flames
- September 22, 2021 at 8:52 pm #546975Quinetta HarrisLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 63Has thanked: 141 timesBeen thanked: 220 times
Well gurl, the hair on my legs is so minimal and unnoticeable by others that when I get my laser hair removal sessions going, no one will notice “him” with no hair on his legs. As for the underarms I read that shaved armpits make deodorants and anti-antiperspirants work even better. Us gurls definitely can use all the smell good tactics as possible, am I right ladies?
- September 23, 2021 at 10:42 pm #547452LadyRegistered On: July 23, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 99Has thanked: 171 timesBeen thanked: 314 times
here’s a strange fact, since shaving my armpits I have been able to drink more coffee. Coffee has the effect, on me anyway, to make my armpits smell musty and very masculine. No longer is that a problem. However, now I just need to slow down on the coffee so I can sleep at night 😂
1 user thanked author for this post.
- September 20, 2021 at 9:22 am #545834Alicen ThairmsLadyRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 43Replies: 366Has thanked: 1392 timesBeen thanked: 1022 times
Shaving armpits – done to prevent me from getting skin inflammation (my SO didn’t even notice I had been shaving them). I also switched to a sensitive skin deodorant.
Legs, visible chest area and forearms, not that hairy any way – so I shave them weekly – if asked I respond – doing some man-scaping shaving off my leg fluff (or something similar)
Eyebrows – these I have been slowly trimming down and removing stray hairs with tweezers (to stop the hairy caterpillar effect); again can be included under man-scaping. I bought a trimmer a year ago to reduce them a bit more.
I have some mild dry skin problems – so using a moisturising cream (legs/forearms/face) and a cleansing wash for my face.
I have to use man-care products (deodorants/creme etc, mostly from Nivea range) as I’m flying under my SO’s radar.
I don’t use any makeup whenI’m en femme – I can manage without it.
- September 20, 2021 at 7:23 am #545801Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 521Has thanked: 2139 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
My wife has always liked my legs so I say I shave them for her if anyone asks which they don’t.
I use the excuse shaving my armpits that other girls use which is it reduces body odor.
I’ve got Covid hair and its getting pretty long now which I keep in a ponytail so when I visited my dermatologist she said (for real)… “Why don’t you wear your hair down over your ears like girls do to protect them from the sun?” Now I’m thinking of getting it cut in a nice style to wear down all the time.
I wear clear gloss nail polish and have thought of the excuse that my nails are brittle but no one has ever asked.
I wear a bra every day under my drabs and if noticed have thought of saying its for shoulder or back support but no one has ever asked. This excuse works better if its a sports bra.
I’m thinking of getting my ears pierced and saying I did it from a dare from my granddaughter.
When wearing pantyhose I’ve thought of the excuse of docs orders because of circulation.
I knew of a friend who daily wore a bra with C forms all day every day in androgynous mode and he said he told those who asked that his therapist suggested it was a healthy way of expressing his femininity.
The one excuse that would cover all of this is, “I do it just because I like it! What business is it of yours?”
- September 20, 2021 at 6:37 am #545790BrielleDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 165Has thanked: 586 timesBeen thanked: 622 times
Hi Sally, I started shaving my arm pits way before being brave enough to shave anything else, but there was a good hygiene reason – no arm pit hair makes it easier to apply deodorant and reduces BO. The arm pits are probably the easiest to justify to me. Legs and arms are more problematic, but so far no one has commented except my wife. She is attracted to my hairy arms so that has been a bone of contention.
I tried letting it grow back and just shaving parts of them and my hands, but it’s just too much bother. I told her I feel more sexy being smooth (true) so it may be an acceptable trade off. I find it’s also cooler and more comfortable to sleep without much body hair, so another valid reason!
- September 20, 2021 at 5:05 am #545774Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 28Replies: 687Has thanked: 1430 timesBeen thanked: 3211 times
I, like many here have used covid as a reason for not cutting my hair, but that excuse is gone since we have been at least partially open for over a year. I don’t care, even if some of my customers call me ‘ponytail guy’.
Now earlier this month I fulfilled another ‘bucket list item’, I had a manicure and had my nail done in bright colors. Since my collage team is predicted to have their best season in 100 years, I had them done in red and yellow, with red lettering on the fingers and yellow lettering on the thumbs. If you look at my profile picture you can see my nails.
Now I am thinking that in a few weeks that when I and others get used to my new nails that I will get them done in a light lavender color.
. . Cassie
- September 20, 2021 at 5:57 am #545784
- September 20, 2021 at 4:15 am #545757Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 43Replies: 1204Has thanked: 330 timesBeen thanked: 4220 times
- September 20, 2021 at 5:58 am #545785
- September 20, 2021 at 3:25 am #545749Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 145Has thanked: 1987 timesBeen thanked: 662 times
I’ve always had a problem with the corners of my finger tips splitting open. I think it was mostly from dry skin but i came to realize that it happened mostly when my nails got cut back. Soooooo I told everyone that I might never cut them again. I get a few looks from people i don’t see often but no one has said a word.
- September 20, 2021 at 12:52 am #545715MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 41Replies: 653Has thanked: 2758 timesBeen thanked: 2737 times
- September 20, 2021 at 12:25 am #545704LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 104Replies: 1386Has thanked: 1428 timesBeen thanked: 6967 times
Many years ago I was bemoaning the fact that my nails were splitting and “She who must be obeyed” suggested that I varnish them with nail strengthened. She even supplied the varnish.
Now, many years later we are off for a few days away in Edinburgh and revisiting the hotel we stayed at for our honeymoon. At her suggestion I’ve bought a new shade of nail varnish called Suzi Mio from OPI.
I’m such a lucky girl.
- September 19, 2021 at 9:21 pm #545683Alana TealLadyRegistered On: June 9, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 75Has thanked: 656 timesBeen thanked: 367 times
I shave my armpits because I use deodorant vice anti-perspirant, aluminum free deodorant at that. Hair likes to grab on to odors so the less body hair the better. Wife or anyone else for that matter has not commented. I wear Secret aluminum-free deodorant.
- September 19, 2021 at 11:07 pm #545695
- September 19, 2021 at 9:10 pm #545681Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 101Replies: 952Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 3539 times
After 40 years of wanting to do so and with winter coming on, allowing for long sleeves and pants,I shaved off all my body hair earlier this year. I eventually “owned up” to my beloved a few weeks back,
I just said that now I’m well into my 70’s, it was something I had wanted to do for quite some time.
Tho she may have deduced it was connected with my “Caty side”, (She knows but does not want to know), she “went quietly”. Think it has a lot to do with our “DADT” round here, (dont ask dont tell).
All I have to do now is keep myself shaved. Which is difficult to do here at home. So with me being lucky enough to have a storage unit with power and light, my weekly shave with hot water from the jug takes place down there.
As for other excuses… I have a bad arthritic knee and and same in my big toes. So panty hose and heavy duty tights to keep them warm in winter are the go.
- September 20, 2021 at 12:36 am #545708LadyRegistered On: July 23, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 99Has thanked: 171 timesBeen thanked: 314 times
I just take all my shaving gear into the shower, wrapped up in my towel when heading to the bathroom. Mind you I am always being told I take way to long in the shower but by the time I have shaved my legs, chest and other areas…… 😂
- September 19, 2021 at 8:45 pm #545675Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 18Replies: 1555Has thanked: 4427 timesBeen thanked: 4730 times
I have no body mods, but I do shave most parts, and I don’t worry about it, no one has questioned me, not even the clear nail polish I use. My answer, if asked would be, I just like it that way.
I started even shaving my arms a few months ago when I was going for phyiso treatments on an arm, and they were using tape on me. So I said, and to their surprise I think, I said I can just shave to make it less painful.
Fortunately I’m not blessed with much body hair, so it’s not nearly as obvious as it is on some.
The biggest thing was when I shaved the beard I’d had for 40 or so years off a few years ago. My out of town kids wanted to see pictures as soon as they heard, which was right away as my wife told as soon as she saw me. I just said the beard was bugging me, also I told them that I said at the time I grew it I’d shave it off in 10 or 20 years to look younger again.
My wife knew the real reason, and she is alright with this.
- September 19, 2021 at 8:34 pm #545671SharonCD MichiganLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 19Has thanked: 63 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
- September 19, 2021 at 7:02 pm #545638Alexis TressePrincess - AnnualRegistered On: March 27, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 106Has thanked: 1399 timesBeen thanked: 383 times
- September 19, 2021 at 6:58 pm #545636Christine ManlyBaronessRegistered On: November 13, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 32Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 156 times
My son asked why I shaved my body hair which wasnt real, bad I’ve seen worse but it was scratchy itchy.
any way I said
Im so harry ,when I get out of the shower I smell like a wet dog. We laughed and he never asked again.
- September 20, 2021 at 12:38 am #545710
- September 19, 2021 at 6:34 pm #545608Jeannie JonesDuchessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 657Has thanked: 2222 timesBeen thanked: 2401 times
- September 19, 2021 at 6:07 pm #545602Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 2386Has thanked: 31185 timesBeen thanked: 7926 times
- September 20, 2021 at 12:45 am #545711
- September 19, 2021 at 6:00 pm #545600Roni CalinLadyRegistered On: August 13, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 148Has thanked: 796 timesBeen thanked: 447 times
- September 20, 2021 at 12:46 am #545712
- September 19, 2021 at 5:22 pm #545586AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- September 19, 2021 at 6:14 pm #545604LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 622Has thanked: 2172 timesBeen thanked: 1637 times
Yup me too!! Old age keeps my legs and armpits hair free.but no one noticed or cared to comment.. so I haves dodged the obvious questions.. I shave my arms only in the winter when I wear long sleeve polos lol
and wear my favorite sleeveless LBD
It’s a great topic thanks for sharing
- September 19, 2021 at 3:52 pm #545560Stephanie AstonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: May 31, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 65Has thanked: 342 timesBeen thanked: 287 times
How about wearing high heels to correct flat feet issues 😂
and the obvious one of wearing stockings (pantyhose) for extra warmth.
also, just thought of the reason for shaved arm pits! It reduces the amount of deodorant used.
Thats it for the moment.
love Stephanie xx
- September 20, 2021 at 12:49 am #545714
- September 20, 2021 at 2:03 pm #545924LadyRegistered On: July 23, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 99Has thanked: 171 timesBeen thanked: 314 times
I hear you Gen and also agree, that at the end of the day it’s this girls choice but I suppose I also like the light heartedness and sometimes the funny reasons we give for our CD.
2 users thanked author for this post.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.