Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So Jill Quinn and I were discussing how do you hide from your SO, family, friends and the general public your CD beautification. I’m lucky as I don’t need to from my SO but definitely from my kids and extended family and friends. We were joking about the different things you could say.

Myself, I took up cycling, so I could shave my legs. Yet to figure out the shaved arm pits excuse but I will think of one.

Maybe for nail polish you have a terrible biting habit you are trying to break. Perhaps you need to wear lingerie as the doc said it was soft on the skin and therefore better for your sensitive skin issues🤣

There has to be many excuses we have all used that we could place together as a help list for all. Perhaps this has been covered before?

Would love your thoughts and the funnier the better.

Sally

💚

Hi Sally

How about wearing high heels to correct flat feet issues 😂

and the obvious one of wearing stockings (pantyhose) for extra warmth.

also, just thought of the reason for shaved arm pits! It reduces the amount of deodorant used.

Thats it for the moment.

love Stephanie xx

Ohhh High Heels – of course, that’s obvious 😂

Anonymous

“Can you believe I found two gray chest hairs? I can’t deal with that so I got rid of all of it”. True story 🤣

Leonara
        Ambassador

Yup me too!! Old age keeps my legs and armpits hair free.but no one noticed or cared to comment.. so I haves dodged the obvious questions.. I shave my arms only in the winter when I wear long sleeve polos lol
        and wear my favorite sleeveless LBD
        It’s a great topic thanks for sharing
        Hugs, Leonara

Leonara
          Ambassador

My cardiologist recommends compression socks for better blood circulation in my legs, instead of socks I wear pantyhose all the time….

My pleasure Leonara, I cannot claim all the credit though. Discussion between myself and Jill Quinn

How  about  I have testicular  infection  and it’s  painful  to wear  pants or  my new  medication  made  my  breast   grow

Hey Roni,

That’s awesome…..love it

Sally

xxx

Hi Sally as for shaved arms and legs  i was a swimmer in school amd was better to have no hair on arms and legs to swim better it has worked for years just in a habit and cant quit he he ..

Stephanie Bass

Ok, so now I will take up swimming as well as cycling. J

My panty excuse was that my then wife liked to see them on me and I found them comfortable and so I wear them.

My son asked why I shaved my body hair which wasnt real, bad I’ve seen worse but it was scratchy itchy.

any way I said

Im so harry ,when I get out of the shower I smell like a wet dog. We laughed and he never asked again.

I kept a lost relative’s clothes, jewelry, hair gadgets, etc. Nobody notices there’s more.

I used to say things in front of the kids like. I am Sharon this or that, or Sharon tonight. They thought I was share’n stuff. Great topic!

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I have no body mods, but I do shave most parts, and I don’t worry about it, no one has questioned me, not even the clear nail polish I use. My answer, if asked would be, I just like it that way.

I started even shaving my arms a few months ago when I was going for phyiso treatments on an arm, and they were using tape on me. So I said, and to their surprise I think, I said I can just shave to make it less painful.

Fortunately I’m not blessed with much body hair, so it’s not nearly as obvious as it is on some.

The biggest thing was when I shaved the beard I’d had for 40 or so years off a few years ago. My out of town kids wanted to see pictures as soon  as they heard, which was right away as my wife told as soon as she saw me. I just said the beard was bugging me, also I told them that I said at the time I grew it I’d shave it off in 10 or 20 years to look younger again.

My wife knew the real reason, and she is alright with this.

Amy

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

After 40 years of wanting to do so and with winter coming on, allowing for long sleeves and pants,I shaved off all my body hair earlier this year. I eventually “owned up” to my beloved a few weeks back,

I just said that now I’m well into my 70’s, it was something I had wanted to do for quite some time.

Tho she may have deduced it was connected with my “Caty side”, (She knows but does not want to know), she “went quietly”. Think it has a lot to do with our “DADT” round here, (dont ask dont tell).

All I have to do now is keep myself shaved. Which is difficult to do here at home. So with me being lucky enough to have a storage unit with power and light, my weekly shave with hot water from the jug takes place down there.

As for other excuses… I have a bad arthritic knee and and same in my big toes. So panty hose and heavy duty tights to keep them warm  in winter are the go.

Caty.

Hey Caty,

I just take all my shaving gear into the shower, wrapped up in my towel when heading to the bathroom. Mind you I am always being told I take way to long in the shower but by the time I have shaved my legs, chest and other areas…… 😂

Sally

xxx

I shave my armpits because I use deodorant vice anti-perspirant, aluminum free deodorant at that. Hair likes to grab on to odors so the less body hair the better. Wife or anyone else for that matter has not commented. I wear Secret aluminum-free deodorant.

Alana

Hi Alana,

that’s awesome, no hair, less body odour. who could argue with that?

cheers,
        Sally

xxx

Anonymous

Hi Sally,

Long hair – “I’ve always fancied growing my hair”

Long nails – “it’s a quaint Asian tradition I came across”

Marti xxx

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I’ve always had a problem with the corners of my finger tips splitting open.  I think it was mostly from dry skin but i came to realize that it happened mostly when my nails got cut back. Soooooo I told everyone that I might never cut them again.  I get a few looks from people i don’t see often but no one has said a word.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I, like many here have used covid as a reason for not cutting my hair, but that excuse is gone since we have been at least partially open for over a year. I don’t care, even if some of my customers call me ‘ponytail guy’.
      Now earlier this month I fulfilled another ‘bucket list item’, I had a manicure and had my nail done in bright colors. Since my collage team is predicted to have their best season in 100 years, I had them done in red and yellow, with red lettering on the fingers and yellow lettering on the thumbs. If you look at my profile picture you can see my nails.
      Now I am thinking that in a few weeks that when I and others get used to my new nails that I will get them done in a light lavender color.

. . Cassie

Brielle
      Lady

Hi Sally, I started shaving my arm pits way before being brave enough to shave anything else, but there was a good hygiene reason – no arm pit hair makes it easier to apply deodorant and reduces BO. The arm pits are probably the easiest to justify to me. Legs and arms are more problematic, but so far no one has commented except my wife. She is attracted to my hairy arms so that has been a bone of contention.

I tried letting it grow back and just shaving parts of them and my hands, but it’s just too much bother. I told her I feel more sexy being smooth (true) so it may be an acceptable trade off. I find it’s also cooler and more comfortable to sleep without much body hair, so another valid reason!

Hugs,

Brielle

Anonymous
      Lady

My wife has always liked my legs so I say I shave them for her if anyone asks which they don’t.

I use the excuse shaving my armpits that other girls use which is it reduces body odor.

I’ve got Covid hair and its getting pretty long now which I keep in a ponytail so when I visited my dermatologist she said (for real)… “Why don’t you wear your hair down over your ears like girls do to protect them from the sun?” Now I’m thinking of getting it cut in a nice style to wear down all the time.

I wear clear gloss nail polish and have thought of the excuse that my nails are brittle but no one has ever asked.

I wear a bra every day under my drabs and if noticed have thought of saying its for shoulder or back support but no one has ever asked. This excuse works better if its a sports bra.

I’m thinking of getting my ears pierced and saying I did it from a dare from my granddaughter.

When wearing pantyhose I’ve thought of the excuse of docs orders because of circulation.

I knew of a friend who daily wore a bra with C forms all day every day in androgynous mode and he said he told those who asked that his therapist suggested it was a healthy way of expressing his femininity.

The one excuse that would cover all of this is, “I do it just because I like it! What business is it of yours?”

Best response ever Michelle

The one excuse that would cover all of this is, “I do it just because I like it! What business is it of yours?”

Xxx

Shaving armpits – done to prevent me from getting skin inflammation (my SO didn’t even notice I had been shaving them). I also switched to a sensitive skin deodorant.

Legs, visible chest area and forearms, not that hairy any way – so I shave them weekly – if asked I respond – doing some man-scaping shaving off my leg fluff (or something similar)

Eyebrows – these I have been slowly trimming down and removing stray hairs with tweezers (to stop the hairy caterpillar effect); again can be included under man-scaping. I bought a trimmer a year ago to reduce them a bit more.

I have some mild dry skin problems – so using a moisturising cream (legs/forearms/face) and a cleansing wash for my face.

I have to use man-care products (deodorants/creme etc, mostly from Nivea range) as I’m flying under my SO’s radar.

I don’t use any makeup whenI’m en femme – I can manage without it.

Wow, really detailed. I forgot about the eyebrows. I too have slowly been shaping mine. I use the excuse as I get older, I do not want to look like a mad scientist!

💚

Well gurl, the hair on my legs is so minimal and unnoticeable by others that when I get my laser hair removal sessions going, no one will notice “him” with no hair on his legs. As for the underarms I read that shaved armpits make deodorants and anti-antiperspirants work even better. Us gurls definitely can use all the smell good tactics as possible, am I right ladies?

Hi Quinetta,

here’s a strange fact, since shaving my armpits I have been able to drink more coffee. Coffee has the effect, on me anyway, to make my armpits smell musty and very masculine. No longer is that a problem. However, now I just need to slow down on the coffee so I can sleep at night 😂

Angela Booth
      Hostess

If I had hair I would grow it so no hiding there. I started to shave legs and chest first. No problem as I didn’t have a lot and was a runner. I started to shave my arms and had one comment from a GF who said they were scratchy and that was all as I made sure they were kept smooth. Eyebrows were an issue. I slowly reduced the hairs by plucking – especially the ones across the bridge of my nose. I found my perfect shape and when I have made them up I pick off the hairs outside of the lines so they remain in my femme mode. I generally keep my nails the same. 

These days I am rarely in male mode but have never been questioned about being hairless or nails. In fem mode I am often complimented on how good my nails are made up. It’s a win win for me.

Hi Angela,

my arms are the last place for me to shave. I’m very fair anyway but it will be noticeable so yet to build up for this.

I quite often build an outside fire pit on the weekends, so I may use as excuse to shave them. Don’t want to go up in flames

🤣

If ever someone comments on my shaved legs or armpits (and they haven’t so far), I am prepared to tell them, “well actually I’m totally smooth from the ears on down if you must know” Give them more than they asked for. That ought to satisfy them.

Smoooove Clara

Ohhh Smooooove Clara, I love that answer. I hope you don’t mind girl, I’m stealing that one. I love being cheeky

Sally

xxx

Anonymous

Hi Sally,

I’ve been shaving my legs and armpits for years now.

My wife commented on my pits early and I just said that they smell better this way and I don’t like body hair. The only time someone commented on my legs was after I had neglected to shave for a week or 10 days and the hair was growing back. After that I just keep them shaved and no one says anything.

Jillian

So true Celeste

I hear you Gen and also agree, that at the end of the day it’s this girls choice but I suppose I also like the light heartedness and sometimes the funny reasons we give for our CD.

💚

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?