Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Alex Mali
      Lady

Hey ladies, I’m looking to do some online shopping and I’m not really confident with the size of which I should get, especially dress sizes, bras and other stuff… if you have any method that you usually use to get the correct size please share. thx !

Stevie65
      Lady

Thank you for this question it is something I have wondered myself especially for ordering on line. When I go to a store I will try on a few sizes just to see what feels better as in blouses and skirts and dresses. if there is another way especially with womens jeans and slacks would be good to know.

Anonymous

Stevie,
        Women’s jeans seem to be in a world of their own. In men’s, I’m a 33 R, or 34×31; but in women’s a 10 SHORT. And my elder daughter, who is 2 inches shorter, wears the same, but Regular, not short. ???

I’m pretty sure that dress/bra size info is easy to find on google with sizes from around the world, arm yourself with a tape measure and a pencil for your shopping list.

Sally x

Hi Alex!  Oh Boy…..welcome to the female world of sizes of Fashion.  NOTE!  any items of fashion appearel is a sagmarine. Most things are made very in India/Pakistan. Asia….China….Singpapore, Hong Kong…..all indifferent numbers. If you can list a much statalisticals of YOU at right this minute…we had us girls and help you might. Any diets or shape sharing items will what more problems.   Shoes….????? Generally…your mans at your size…..and 2 sizes bigger and go for a middle width…….it used it maker!

Good lucker……send me a note if you I could help some of the good companies are I use very good and not too much money!  If you have have a wife….now you will mucho dinero my unstand!

Dame Veronica

Hi Alex,

You asked a great question.  Not sure if you’re in the USA or Europe or Asia.  Seems there are different sizes used across different countries.

A suggestion is to visit a local store and try on ladies jeans.  The sales associates can help you out.  Try them on and ask for a smaller or larger pair as needed.   Visit your local lingerie shop and ask for a Bra fitting.  She’ll measure under Your bust and over Your bust.  Subtract underbust from overbust and she’ll determine your cup size.  She’ll likely grab some bras in your size so try them on.  Ask her to help you adjust the straps for a proper fit.  She might ask if you’d like matching panties.

For your dress try one on at your local department store.  If it’s too big try a smaller size.  If you can’t get the dress on over your shoulders go up a size or two.  Enjoy your shopping trip.  Once you have a starting place you can shop on line for much more variety and savings.

Have fun!

Alice

Anonymous

Alex,
      It can be tricky at first, especially if you can’t try on the garments. Szes are not as consistent as they are with men’s stuff; and if you order online, there is the additional issue of Asian sizing (which means add 2 sizes to what you normally order. Other than that, this is what I have found, as a starting point: 33″ waist = size 10 or 12 in women’s jeans, L or XL in leggings. Medium tee shirt equals L, possibly XL in women’s, and 12 or 14 in dresses. Some variation because men have proportionally wider shoulders. For online orders, look for free return and no re-stocking fee. Has worked for me; I’m 5′ 10″ 150 lb. Hope this helps.
      Bettylou

How I approached it.  I measured my chest for my bra size, decided what size breast forms to go for. C was the most common, so went for that 42C.  I do have B’s as well. Ordered my bras.  I then ordered my other foundation wear.  Then it was a corset and hip and bottom forms.  I then put all of these on.  Measured my new feminine bust, waist and hips.  Looked at skirt/dress sizes and took it from there. Worked for me.  If the bust is a little tight, then I go down to B, but prefer C’s. Love the extra bounce.

Amanda D xx

Hi Alex, ohhhhh you sure picked a good question here!! one word of warning!! the sizes of clothes differ across brands, I.E. a size 12 uk size (or any other country or size classification), might not be the same as a size 12 in another brand. The question of measuring yourself to get a rough rule of thumb on sizes, falls flat on its face with this problem. Alex, i have been caught out so many times this way, its unbelievable. I am a natural size 10 skirt size (UK), usually size 8 is too small and 12 is too big, but sometimes size 8 fits perfectly and sometimes even a size 12!! why is life so darn complicated?

fortunately, most clothes outlets, both shops and online, do offer a returns policy, true, it can be a pain, but at least your covered. I tend to take my chances by oredering the correct size for me, most of the time it works out ok, but sometimes it doesnt, it can be pot luck really. The internet has good waist size to garment size listings for bra’s (cup size) and skirts and trousers (waist size) conversions.

Fiona-Ann xxx

Anonymous

As a charity shop queen, I carry a knotted shoe lace to check against skirts – does for frocks as well.  There was this classic tweed skirt, the label said 14 but more like a 12; but then again there’s that ankle length Jaegar Nicola found for a quid!

[postquote quote=226135][/postquote]
      Awesome tip.  Thanks for sharing it.  🙂

I may have to give that one a try.

Stacey xxx

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?