- This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by Anonymous.
- December 25, 2021 at 7:52 pm #593807Audrarose BaxterParticipantRegistered On: December 23, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 7Has thanked: 71 timesBeen thanked: 34 times
- December 27, 2021 at 9:43 pm #594597AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Wear what you like Audrarose. I’ve only worn stockings that are black, nude, or some tan or beige color. I only wear the black ones with black dresses or skirts (or with sexy lingerie at bedtime, but that’s a topic for another conversation). I wear the neutral colored ones with all other colored dresses and skirts. I’ll wear the neutrals with black also.
- December 27, 2021 at 8:00 pm #594581Daisy MarieLadyRegistered On: September 27, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 93Has thanked: 171 timesBeen thanked: 407 times
There’s no dos and don’ts when it comes to stockings. For example, I posted a picture a long time ago wearing fishnet stockings, skirt and red heels. If you want to make it look as discrete as possible, nude stockings will do a great job with almost anything. On the other hand, if your intention is to be noticed, any stockings that match with the rest with the look will make you look prettier.
- December 27, 2021 at 7:37 pm #594577SutekinaLadyRegistered On: January 27, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 125Has thanked: 1808 timesBeen thanked: 423 times
Pinterest is a great way to see outfit combos. I recently searched “black dress white tights” and “white dress black tights” and liked the look on some. It’s not unusual to go monochrome, like same colour tights, dress and shoes. I remember seeing an actress with yellow tights, white shoes and an uncommon coloured dress (can’t remember the colour) but the overall look was super cute.
- December 26, 2021 at 3:44 pm #594083Robyn DeVyneLadyRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 616Has thanked: 1943 timesBeen thanked: 2754 times
As most of the Girls have said Black or Nude never fail.
For me a little something I figured out is you don’t want your legs darker than your shoes.
To make an obvious example, if you have say white heels, go white or nude depending upon your outfit. Don’t use black.
Or lets say you have black heels, black, off-black(grey) or nude depending upon your outfit.
Its a judgement call depending on the situation. Nude never really fails, and black pretty much the same.
- December 26, 2021 at 11:22 am #594020AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I would say it depends on the situation. For professional events, keep it simple with nude, black or beige, maybe white. However, for family holiday parties and such, colorful tights/stockings could work. Just keep it within that holiday’s scheme (for example, green works with St Patty’s Day or Christmas, but not Halloween)
- December 26, 2021 at 10:16 am #594005Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 997Has thanked: 4906 timesBeen thanked: 4344 times
- December 26, 2021 at 9:31 am #593992Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 4202Has thanked: 60258 timesBeen thanked: 15023 times
Hi Audrarose nice meeting you and like others here its how you feel when you are dressed and looking in the mirror if looks ok thats all that matters if you dont care for them you can change up lighter or darker which ever works for you Just be your self girl thats all that matters well except for a wife listen to her that matters as well he he hugs girlfriend..
- December 26, 2021 at 5:29 am #593908AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Black or nude for me, whatever the dress is. I like coloured tights/stockings, but they’re a bit young for me. If I wanted to lift things a bit, maybe patterned tights.
- December 26, 2021 at 3:39 am #593891Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1299Has thanked: 4782 timesBeen thanked: 5865 times
Nora Batty! Now there’s a vision in crumpled 60 denier beige.
Generally I wear black opaque in the winter and lighter tans/beiges in the summer. Although I often wear black for work through the year.
Black is better for shorter skirts and I agree with Steph. Younger girls don’t wear beige but then they have the legs to go nude. I wouldn’t wear beige with a shorter skirt. Alas I am of the ‘Batty’ years.
I have never thought there were any real rules only if it feels right and looks right then it must be.
There is one rule that makes sense and that is to pair them. Worn singly doesn’t quite work……
- December 26, 2021 at 12:04 am #593863Lacy SatinLadyRegistered On: June 27, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 481Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 2314 times
- December 26, 2021 at 1:08 am #593873
- December 25, 2021 at 8:15 pm #593813SylviaLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 668Has thanked: 16927 timesBeen thanked: 2775 times
Dear Audrarose ,
In my opinion : No.
You can wear a lot of different color stockings under a dress.
When I wear a black dress , I also wear black stockings.
But you can also wear brown ones , nude ones , sun-tain , blue , red , pink ,
almost every colour can be combined with black.
As long as the colours don’t clash to much with eachother , I think you can combine
as you see fit.
- This reply was modified 11 months ago by Sylvia.
- December 26, 2021 at 8:34 am #593974SylviaLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 668Has thanked: 16927 timesBeen thanked: 2775 times
- December 26, 2021 at 1:02 am #593871
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.