• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Should my stockings be the same shade as my dress and heels

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Audrarose ,

In my opinion : No.
      You can wear a lot of different color stockings under a dress.
      When I wear a black dress , I also wear black stockings.
      But you can also wear brown ones , nude ones , sun-tain , blue , red , pink ,
      almost every colour can be combined with black.
      As long as the colours don’t clash to much with eachother , I think you can combine
      as you see fit.

Love Sylvia.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Sylvia.

When in doubt wear nude or light beige. Never wear stockings that are darker than your skirt. I’ve been criticized for wearing black stockings with a light colored dress.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Nora Batty! Now there’s a vision in crumpled 60 denier beige.

Generally I wear black opaque in the winter and lighter tans/beiges in the summer. Although I often wear black for work through the year.

Black is better for shorter skirts and I agree with Steph. Younger girls don’t wear beige but then they have the legs to go nude. I wouldn’t wear beige with a shorter skirt. Alas I am of the ‘Batty’ years.

I have never thought there were any real rules only if it feels right and looks right then it must be.

There is one rule that makes sense and that is to pair them. Worn singly doesn’t quite work……

Anonymous

Black or nude for me, whatever the dress is.  I like coloured tights/stockings, but they’re a bit young for me. If I wanted to lift things a bit, maybe patterned tights.

Connie

xxx

Hi Audrarose nice meeting you and like others here its how you feel when you are dressed and looking in the mirror if looks ok thats all that matters if you dont care for them you can change up lighter or darker which ever works for you Just be your self girl thats all that matters well except for a wife listen to her that matters as well he he hugs girlfriend..

Stephanie Bass

Enjoy different colors of tights or yoga pants but still stick with nude black or beige when wearing skirts of dresses

Anonymous

I would say it depends on the situation. For professional events, keep it simple with nude, black or beige, maybe white. However, for family holiday parties and such, colorful tights/stockings could work. Just keep it within that holiday’s scheme (for example, green works with St Patty’s Day or Christmas, but not Halloween)

As most of the Girls have said Black or Nude never fail.

For me a little something I figured out is you don’t want your legs darker than your shoes.

To make an obvious example, if you have say white heels,  go white or nude depending upon your outfit. Don’t use black.

Or lets say you have black heels, black, off-black(grey) or nude depending upon your outfit.

Its a judgement call depending on the situation.  Nude never really fails, and black pretty much the same.

Sutekina
      Lady

Pinterest is a great way to see outfit combos. I recently searched “black dress white tights” and “white dress black tights” and liked the look on some. It’s not unusual to go monochrome, like same colour tights, dress and shoes. I remember seeing an actress with yellow tights, white shoes and an uncommon coloured dress (can’t remember the colour) but the overall look was super cute.

There’s no dos and don’ts when it comes to stockings. For example, I posted a picture a long time ago wearing fishnet stockings, skirt and red heels. If you want to make it look as discrete as possible, nude stockings will do a great job with almost anything. On the other hand, if your intention is to be noticed, any stockings that match with the rest with the look will make you look prettier.

xoxo

Daisy

Anonymous

Wear what you like Audrarose.  I’ve only worn stockings that are black, nude, or some tan or beige color.  I only wear the black ones with black dresses or skirts (or with sexy lingerie at bedtime, but that’s a topic for another conversation).  I wear the neutral colored ones with all other colored dresses and skirts.  I’ll wear the neutrals with black also.

Thank you Stephanie

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Julia ,

What a classy Lady Sharon is !
      “Wolford 10 pantyhose” the same I got myself for Christmas.
      They are incredibile.
      Thank you for the link Julia!
      Am going to look for more of her videos
      on you-tube.

Love Sylvia.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?