Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

What are the effects (physical and psychological) of HRT Therapy? What is the time span for these effects to take hold?

Tami
      Lady

I have been on HRT for 7 months.  So far the effects have been incredible.

Physically there is the obvious breast growth, fining of body hair grow, slowing of beard growth, fat redistribution, and softening of the skin and facial features.

Emotionally, all of the emotions come into play, and I am much more emotional.  There are mood swings, and you can experience a monthly emotional cycle.  At the same time I am much calmer, slower to anger, kinder, more empathetic and overall a much better person.

Mentally the way I think has changed.  I am less risk taking, more patient and open minded, willing to listen and consider alternate points of view.  As an example I drive slower, follow at a safe distance, no road rage, slow down more in the rain etc.

Overall I don’t even remember what it was like emotionally or mentally to be living as a man and to have poison (testosterone) in my body.  As soon as I started HRT it was like my body mind and soul breathed a collective sigh of relief at finally having the proper hormones.  I really don’t even feel like I am trans anymore, just like I am me.

One other note, going through HRT your sexuality can change especially over time.

Tami, I like the last line of your post. I am looking forward to just feeling like me.

Anonymous

I have been a AA+++ personality most of my life. I started HRT a couple years ago. Being able to watch and play with butterflies 24/7/365 is incredible!! So nice to breath different air and look at people from a different vantage point…..

Susan

I was on Premarin for about a month and a half when I was in my late twenties and at the time felt it was necessary to stop it because I thought I needed to work on other life problems and then see if it remained after that.

The hormone physically had the effect of making my breasts become puffy and the nipples quite tender. Emotionally I was more emotional and prone to crying. It scared me at the time because I felt I needed some sort of control to solve pressing issues in my life that weren’t related to gender.

Now being 58, I’ve had a number of years to sort things out on the gender front. What I’ve figured out for myself is that I have mild gender dysphoria, meaning that while being a woman feels more natural to me, I can still navigate through life in the body I was given. This doesn’t mean that I totally am comfortable in the skin of a man, but I can at least tolerate it. I make accommodations for myself so I don’t feel like I’m denying myself. I wear panties instead of male underwear but stick with mainly plain styles for everyday wear. For sleep I wear a leotard, with tights when the weather is cold and may wear ballet practice slippers when I need to get up during the night to keep my feet warm. Every once in awhile I might put on full makeup and clothes but I’ve never had a lot of money to get a lot of things. I’ve most recently decided to take my interest in fashion and extend it to sewing and designing clothes for myself and for women. It’s a nice accommodation because it’s a way of being able to have clothes that fit right and at the same time be able to do the same for women. I’ve learned a lot about it and hope to continue with it.

Hi, I just wondered, having now been on HRT for a number of months how are you finding it physically, sexually and emotionally.  I have been doing a lot of research and will shortly be starting the process.

Love

Steff

So, I have my letter but, haven’t started hrt. I have been in therapy for 2 years. I have found a doctor but, am still in pause. Is my cautious pace normal?

Hi Tammy,

I am not sure…  I think you need to be comfortable in your own skin and aware of the risk/rewards in going through with HRT.  The research is that each person has slightly different impact depending on their genetics, age, physical make-up, etc.

My own experience is that I prepared to do this as I have strong support from my wife and family, my wife has been aware of this since we first got together and we are going through this process together (she calls ‘from the bedroom, to the house, to the outside’).  There appears to be quite a bit of government support where I live, although I am just starting to navigate this process.

I have also been really interested in the emotional impact.

Do you have a good family/friends network?

Love

Steff

Vancouver,

I unfortunately don’t have any support from my family on this. Should I undertake hrt it will likely be a very traumatic process. I am learning to be happy with myself and find a happy medium to be me.

Thanks,

Tamryn

Hi Tami,

I am curious about what you mean by “going through HRT your sexuality can change, especially over time”? Sexuality as in how you perceive sexual orientation or how your sex life has changed? I don’t want to lose my libido in the HRT process. I am very low T and without T shots I have had no libido. So I am a bit scared to go on HRT because I don’t want to lose my libido and my wife…… thanks for any comment you can make.

💋👠Danielle

I found that although I lost my male libido I found my female libido. It is different and I do not penetrate my partner We have many other ways to have fulfilling sexual encounters.

Tami
      Lady

Wow it seems like forever since this post lol.  Now on HRT for almost 27 months and post op.

To answer a couple of the questions,

Steff, no I did not have much support from family and friends.  75% of my close friends (3/4) walked away, my brother walked away, my mom too.  I ended up having to sell my company since the workforce did not want to work with a trans woman.  However…….,  it was still all sooooo very worth it, as the realization of my new found freedom has been simply incredible.  The realization that my life is fully in my control, it is my choice who to invite in and who to exclude.  In part with family it was easier to simply walk away and eliminate toxic influences that did not bring greater happiness.  Same thing with career, having the opportunity to do what I want to do rather than fulfilling the expectations of what I was supposed to be as a man has been incredibly freeing.  Even though the initial support network was not there, the support network that has come it so much better, having a chosen family around me.

Danielle,  I think the opportunity to live fully free without the expectations and pressures of the cis/het normality has allowed the opportunity to fully explore my sexuality in ways that never would have been possible without transition.  Over the last 2 years I have dated a guy, 2 women, a trans man, slept with a trans woman, and through all the exploration I found that while I am predominantly a lesbian, an occasional guy for a night if I were single, would not be out of the realm of possibility.  Not for a relationship but as a human sex toy lol.  These are all things I could never have explored prior to transition, nor would it have been possible for me to explore and discover my submissive side and enjoyment of light bdsm.  I know a trans man who was a life long lesbian prior to transition who is now bi, a trans woman who went from cis/het man to trans/het woman.  So the possibilities are open and whether things “change” or it is just a more open minded ability to explore is open for debate.

I am looking forward to getting refered to my local gender clinic starting hrt and becoming the woman i should have been from birth

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transitioning for Transsexual Women’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?