• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I was pretty active in and around the new year, but after January I had some regression with my mental health and just couldn’t bring my self to talk about this for a while. I am just kinda wondering if others have had a hard time with mental health regarding CDing, this recent round of Heath issues, were caused by a doctor, telling me not to express myself around my daughter. Recently I felt shame about this for the first time in years just by having a doctor tell me not to wear what I am comfortable in around the most important person in my life. My kido is super supportive, but this simple comment from this doctor sent my mental health off the rails.

I am going to try and be more active on here.

Loves ya

Andrea

Welcome back Andrea!!! 💐
      Love and hugs, Stephanie ❤️💖

Andrea,

Welcome back!  I echo Lisa’s response to you, and YES I too have sometimes had a hard time with my crossdressing.  I’m in a much better and more consistently positive place with it at this point in my life and in the relationship with my wife.  I’m also seeing a counselor, and my crossdressing is one of the topics we are addressing (and it has been very helpful to me), so you are not alone here Andrea!

Though all our struggles may have common elements, each of us is unique – in person, and in situation, and our dressing (as Lisa so insightfully captured) can help or exacerbate things for each of us.  For me, through all of this I have come to the realization that my crossdressing (and ‘dual-naturedness’) isn’t a mental health ‘condition’ in need of treatment, but rather it is one of my most powerful coping mechanisms for my issues and stresses and something that needs to be acknowledged, developed, and executed in a healthy way within the construct of my particular life.  Recognizing this allowed me to actually become thankful for it (as opposed to being ashamed of it like I was for so long) and was the pivotal point for me and my situation.

Wish you all the best in this Andrea, and always available to chat more if you’d like.  You are NOT alone!

Marcellette

I am sorry if, I made it come across that I feel my CDing is part of my mental health issues that was not what I was going for in fact normally the CDing makes me feel more like myself, and tends to help a few of my underlying issues. It was just that comment from the doctor, shook me and thinking I was doing something wrong with Raising my daughter, which then kicked off the depression, and for a last couple of months I have been desperately trying to get back on track.

Edit: Sorry for the late reply, I ve had allot going on this week, gearing up to make my divorce final.

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Andrea welcome back sweetie.  Catch up on things around here and look up some old friends and develop new ones..  were still the same place to enjoy our love for dressing..

Hugs…

Stephanie 🌷

Terri Anne
      Ambassador

Hi Andrea,

Welcome Back. So glad you have returned to us here. Feel free to explore the site to your heart’s content.

The warmth and hospitality of our site is just awesome.

I know you reconnect and will make many new friends here.

Please do make use of the forums, articles and public chat room and friendships offered here.

As a member, you can contact any of us via private messages.

Also, you may find what you need such as help by using the links in the R/H drop down 3 bar [hamburger ] menu.

Thanks for your participation on the site.

Regards,   Terri Anne, Ambassador

Welcome back Andrea.

Alice

Hi Andria nice to meet you and happy you came home .. As a sister and family member you are always welcome home where you belong I dont remember you from before but we can fix that little problem .. Rekindle old friendships and build some new ones   again nice to have you home ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

Welcome back Andrea!

it’s worth remembering that Medical Doctors have very specific knowledge regarding physical health and often know very little about a lot of other things, especially mental health (or nutrition for that matter). Their bedside manner is often terrible and careless comments are common.

— Abbie 🥰

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?