Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I am in need of major help to look more feminine than I do.But here in Jackson,Ms there is no place to go and get the help I need.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Depends what you need. there are many online, you tube kind of videos that can help. The site here has a section about makeup. There are places that you can buy bum and hip pads to fill you out, and waist tighteners pull in your waist so that you achieve a more feminine shape.

If you do a search for “crossdressing supplies” many places will come up. If you can phone in, you could get some personalized help, as to what aids will do the most. I hesitate to endorse any business, but I have bought from Glamour Boutique, and they have been quite helpful, at least that has been my experience.

Shopping online can be a bit of a minefield to get the sizing, etc., correct. A lot of stuff comes from China, and the sizing is considerably different than NA.

As a start, I hope this helps a bit.

Amy

Anonymous

Hello Ray.

In order to get the help you need you would really need to be more specific. Help in finding clothes? Help because you found the clothes but don’t want anybody to know you are buying them? Help because you found the clothes and you can’t afford them? Etc. We can give you plenty of advice, just need to know what is what you really need.

Gaby

When I try to look feminine. I look like a man trying to dress up for holloween instead of the woman I want to be

When I try to look feminine. I look bad I don’t know what to do to make me look more feminine than a man who is just being dressed up for holloween.

Anonymous

Start slowly—-I’d suggest a total shave, and do that regularly and use fem gel in the can………

Look around at other girls—-try to copy some of their looks–that’s easy

decide what kind of fem you want to look like……….then steer towards that look…….pick shoes for the look at well………..that’s also easy

Learn the very basic of make up, and use moisturizers

Buy some pantyhose and practice putting on–it’s totally different than man-socks

Straighten and clean up your brows.that’s very important.

If you have a straight torso—get something to ‘bring in your waist’–just go to ebay and type ‘waist control’……or really, just go to ebay and type—crossdresser……or drag queen………….you’ll see plenty of suggestions on ‘what others buy’……………

seriously–the BEST method is simply confide in someone and be sincere, and most likely they will be glad to help………..AND you can use the excuse—just for a turn around charity event you want to enter, and need some help………….that ALWAYS works and any MAC person, or LANCOME person is PAID to help all people regardless…………..actually any make up place will do that………….

Get control of your fear, and simply get started–it’s YOUR life…..get it on !!

Welcome Ray!

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Ray,  This is certainly the place to start learning more about what your looking for . To understand and better ourselves in everyway becoming very the ladies we feel like being. Relax, get comfortable and enjoy exploring our site. It takes time to develop what’s most appealing and best for you. Just jumping in this and expecting results well that just doesn’t happen. For me it’s taken the last two years to figure out to what is going to work and what may not. It’s a  overwhelming amount to learn more than anything I’ve ever tried before. Patience is a must ,there’s so much to learn and here is a good start. Look into our forums with so much information about others and their questions and see the answers  to many of theses confusing topics.  Utube videos are good learning tools also.  Don’t be afraid to ask here as our ladies are wonderful with their knowledgeable responses. Welcome these feelings and enjoy your  experiences in this wonderful world  that we have embraced . And lastly how you may look outside is not as important to how you will feel deep inside.  As it was told to me practice, practice,  practice. … Happy to welcome and very nice meeting you.

Stephanie 🌹

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

Hey Seetie,

If you are starting HRT, there must be some resources around. I get frustrated with trying to buy clothes on line and went to Tarjay (Target) yesterday. I went to the Plus Size Women’s section, found a dress and 2 tops and tried them on in the changing room which BTW was designated ‘Family Changing’ room. I bought the dress and one of the tops. I was shopping in drab. I went totally unnoticed.

Jackson has a population of 160,000, my town is 46,250. You’re 4 times larger. I have bought clothes, shoes and jewelry in local stores like Target, Walmart, Payless Shoes (soon gone) & thrift stores. I buy my cosmetcs, nails, lashes, etc. at Walgreens and favor Maybelline mainly because i watched a YouTube (YT) video using that brand and feel overwhelmed on that aisle, yup it runs the length of the store and then some. I bought bras from Penny’s online. I made my own breast forms using some knee high stockings and uncooked (that’s important) rice. There are several YT videos on that subject-search breast forms and rice. I would like some high qual breastforms but can’t afford at the moment and you should use the rice option during your treatments. You might consider a trip to ULTA, looks like isn’t one in Jackson but there are two in the area. You might find wigs, and beauty advice there.

Youtube is full of how to videos on makeup. But stay away from Ericerica. Turns out he’s an adult movie star and following his makeup advice was a disaster for me.

Please be careful, looks like there have been some recent violence against trans. in Jackson. Please don’t be afraid to go out, just be smart.

Let us know more about you and your journey. Your profile picture has lot’s of potential. Get some lip colors, maybe a few different ones and see what you like, also get some makeup remover.

Do you have a private space to dress and experiment?

The best beauty i advice i can give is to enjoy being a girl. Be confident but feminine. I know rhe advice to watch women, but many of the ones i see walk more like boys. There are YT videos on walking in heels, watch them.

Have fun, attitude makes the difference.

Luv
      D

Hello Ray and welcome to CDH. So, we are basically at stage 1 are we. Stage 1….I declare I want to be a lady and am willing to work hard to accomplish that!

OK Sweetie……..let Mother Veronica help you. The first step would be to get into lingerie. Where are you with that…….shopping on-line or doing the stores routine? Have you got your correct bra size, forms and panties yet. I can help with that. We also need to look at your body to see the clay we will be working with and figure out where we want to go. Keep looking at Shape-wear (used to be called foundation garments) and figure what is needed. Sizes are going to be a huge factor as every manufacturer uses different size numbers.  How does that sound??? I will stop here for now. If you wish to proceed…..send me your weight, height and measurements….plus an idea of what you wish to look like. I am here for you to assist….all us girls love to help as well.  Until then………TTFN.

Hugs……..

Dame Veronica

I am already wearing bras and panties. I am also wearing women’s outerwear. I am having problems with the facial look. I look like a man going to a holloween party.

As has been said before, youtube is a treasure trove especially when you’re searching for inspiration.

General makeup tips:

Never underestimate the importance of a good foundation.  It can be the difference between “guy in a dress” and “hello, gorgeous!”

A steady hand is critical.  The best way to do this is to relax and have fun with it.  Don’t think about time, don’t pressure yourself to get it right, just relax and go at it like you’re doing art on paper or canvas.  Sit down in front of a mirror, make sure your lighting is good, and just play around with it.  If you really mess up just clean up and start over.  Practice practice practice.

Remember part of what you’re trying to do (unless you’re blessed with a more feminine face than most) is to create the illusion of a feminine shape, just as with your body.  This is why eyes are important, eyebrows in particular.  Make sure to pencil them in long and feminine but don’t overdo it.  I find false lashes also help to make the eyes pop, though depending on your natural lashes a good coat of mascara may do the trick (speaking of, when doing lower lashes it helps me to tilt my face down and look up; this brings the lower lashes up off the face and makes raccoon-eyes less of an issue).  And of course, use of contouring and highlighter to minimize the nose and jawline is always helpful… again, there’s a treasure trove of youtube videos on this.

Hope this helps!

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

BTW Ray,

Is that your hair in your profile pic?
      If so, you’ve got a headstart!

Luv
      D

Thank you all for your help and advice and guidance. I don’t know what I would do without you all.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?