Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

For as long as I can remember I have had such an interest in various fashion styles and creating looks that match my many different moods. There is also something magnetic that causes me to rarely pass by a Macy’s cosmetic counter without the urge to look for some new color to try. The only problem comes when you get home and the perfect color isn’t so perfect anymore. Worse yet is finding the out the technique you were shown that seems so simple and easy when the sales person does it, isn’t working out the same way when you try. Let’s face it….no pun intended…make up isn’t easy and it is often something we learn through trial and error where error is the more predominant theme. Finding the right color to accentuate your natural skin tone sometimes seems like you need a PHD and a color spectrometer to get it right. Well I think there other avenues out there that can help help us accomplish success in our look without that much of a hassle. It is sharing our success stories and the little tips and tricks of the trade that we have picked up through our many varied sources. For me it has been the drive to find the right look to bring out my eyes. After all they say they are the window into the soul of a person and I personally like to make mine pop. I personally like the smokey look and one of the finishing touches that works so well is after applying the colors to the lid and lining the edges, I take a white liner and apply it to the inside of the lower lid or above the lower lashes. It really highlights and helps draw the focus in. 

What I truly hope is that we can start a thread and share what little secrets we have come across. While they may not universally apply to all of us, it is a great way to expand our knowledge base. I hope you will take me up on the challenge!

Anonymous

lovely this going to be so helpfull

Vanessa Law
      Managing Ambassador

Diana I love this idea! I’m going to promote your thread in the next email I send out

Anonymous

Vanessa thank you! I hope this will encourage others to share ideas ;o)

Holly G
      Lady

I’m eager to hear what others have to offer here! I’m still new to really letting Holly out, so any tips are more than welcome 🙂

Anonymous

Thank you for sharing Diana, inspirational <3

Anonymous

Wonderful idea, Diana! I’ve subscribed and will wait anxiously for the tips to begin appearing.

I’ll also put some thought into how I might help.

I am so in on this, I can help on the clothing end and need help on the hair. Let the party begin!!!

Hi all,  Glad I, joined this group yes I , can  learn more and more each day from all of you . I, have brought most of mt clothes thru mail order and so with shores and boots as I have a big boot fetish:) . I , Have gone  also to thrift shops and second time around shops also.  I, find  some interesting people out there and some people are still  very negative with  with LGBT people.  I, hope the world  would change a little faster. I, would to get to know more of sisters here in new jersey  also.  Lets say tune to more from my adventure.

First up are the three P’s

Practice. Practice. practice.

So the next question is with what?

Hit the el-cheapo bargain shops, supermarkets and pharmacies, at Christmas and Mother’s Day for the large makeup collections which have EVERYTHING. Eye shadow, mascara, eye liner, blush, lip gloss, even nail polish.

When you’re starting out you WANT cheap, so you can apply it, and be able to afford to make mistakes and clean it off and try again.

Also, shell out on brushes, sponges, and make up remover.

Next up is a make up how-to.

This is what I bought, when I started. Make Up Made Easy by Barbara Daly.

Originally published in the mid 1980s, it was outdated and on clearance when I bought my copy in the early 1990s. There’s still copies of it up for grabs on Amazon.

Last, look at the women’s magazines for current make up guides and trends.

Once you’re accustomed to doing your own make up, those guides become very useful.

And then go and buy the good quality make up in the colours that really work best for you.

Anonymous

Wow I am so happy to hear the interest out there and already some of the thoughts expressed! There is a wealth of knowledge one can gain from perusing the various magazines out there or even watching some of the U tube videos. Definitely though it takes practice! I have also found there are many businesses out there that do makeup and hair where the owner is very open to helping. Having someone actually working and showing you how on your own canvas has helped me immensely especially on color selections and technique. There is so much to cover with season changes and looks for events or just running to the store.

I thought maybe it would be helpful to add something on working on those areas we are less than happy with and how you can address them. In my case I have a nose issue. It’s a little less cute and perky than I would like. Not wanting to run out and have cosmetic surgery there at least for now, I asked my friend who owns her studio for some tips. She showed me how to apply my base foundation and loose powder as i normally would, but then after take some much lighter color powder or you can also use white eye shadow (just don’t go heavy) and with a broad bristle brush apply the powder down the center of the nose and carefully blend. It draws the eyes in and definitely helped make mine less than before. She also showed taking the same powder and carefully applying it along your chin line from just below the ears and short of running it to the center of the chin to shape the outline of your face. Again it has taken some practice but if you apply too much you should be able to fix by going back and blending the original face powder you are using.

So what are the areas you would like to work on? I am sure we all have one or two and I bet there are some great tips out there!

Claudia C
      Ambassador

Absolutely.
      As they say in n’orleans..let the good times roll.

We can all learn something from each orher.
      Keep sharing your experiences as I will…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?