Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

My immediate family knows about my crossdressing and being gender fluid. The only other person in the know is @Philma Bierstein because she’s a member here too and we’ve been friends for several years already. I would guess Philma’s wife probably knows and that’s fine too. A month ago, I wouldn’t have considered telling anyone else but conversations with friends here and just the desire to say it to a friend compelled me. A friend and I were meeting this afternoon so I could show her an abandoned cemetery that I had found. I have always known her as socially liberal and knew I could tell her without any worries. As I expected, she was totally cool with it and we had a great conversation about it. She was flattered that I trusted her since I am not prepared to be fully open to all about it. She has friends and family that are gay but I am the first TG and CD person she personally knows. It was really easy for me too. I had thought I would be nervous but that wasn’t the case. Probably because I knew that she would be very accepting. Getting it out there feels really good and I am so glad that I did.

What a relief it is to unload that and be met with nothing but love and compassion.

It really is. I’m going to share it with more friends in time. I’ll definitely keep choosing to tell those that I believe will be supportive before just coming out to everyone. But it would be nice to get at a point where I don’t even care who knows anymore. Then I could just dress as me in my town with zero F’s given. Extended family around here is another thing altogether.

Angela Booth
          Hostess

I can only commend you in the way you are coming out.

You are comfortable in yourself and know it is part of you feeling the need to move forward.  Picking those who you know well and what their attitudes are the best ones to approach. To get that acceptance is wonderful and will help smooth the path forward.

You have the wisdom to take your time and not rush.

I am sure that this will be one of the best things you have done.

Thank you, Angela. That’s incredibly sweet of you. I am planning to pick and choose who I come out to and do it gradually as well. Some of those that I don’t think are going to be supportive, I may not even bother setting personal time aside for them but simply not hide my long nails from them and just come out as a matter of fact. It will be interesting to say the least.

Brandie
      Lady

When I came out to everyone It was as if the world was lifted off my shoulders, and I have been feeling allot better now days. The replys I got was oh we know we just been waiting on you.

I’m still going though all my friends in my mind. I only have been thinking about coming out to my socially liberal friends. I have always been extremely masculine on the outside so I’m sure people will be surprised. I know plenty of them will not approve of my choices. But I am getting to the point where I have zero F’s to give. The only people that I really don’t care to find out are my wife’s family and my parents. All my siblings and parents live far away but my wife’s family is all here. Personally, I could care less what they think of me. But I don’t think my wife wants to have to deal with them knowing. I’m just playing it by ear right now. Covid has helped a bit by allowing me to grow my nails out and thin my eyebrows. But we all know it won’t be around forever.
        It’s so wonderful hearing your experience with coming out. I’m a bit jealous tbh.

Brandie
          Lady

The way i look at it the friends that don’t accept your true self or approve of it. Never was your friends to begin with

So true. I couldn’t agree more, Brandie!

That same masculinity will likely serve as inspiration to more than one of your friends you come out to, to face their own truth. Things should get really interesting for you in the coming year Mika.

That’s something I hadn’t even considered before. That’s a great point, Cindy.

Mika

Bravo Girl!!  Im sure thats got to feel wonderful for you!

I applaud your attitude.  Spend your time with people who will love you and uplift you.  Toxic people who look down upon you and judge get zero time!

Robyn 🤗❤️

Thank you, Robyn. You’re so right about toxic people. There’s just no sense in letting someone bring us down. And that’s really important whether anyone is a crossdresser or not. Some people are just negative no matter what. Coming out seems to be a quick way of identifying them easily. Then, kick ‘em to the curb.

Hugs

I believe that as we venture forward we will discover that these toxic people are people we are, or never were really close to anyway.

Anonymous

Wonderful Mika , a joy to have such friends 😊😊🎄

Thank you. Yes, it’s reassuring that there are decent people in my circle of friends. The best part is that she said she might have some clothes that might fit me that she can’t wear anymore. Definitely something I won’t let her forget, lol.

There you go again leading the way and setting the coming out standard. You also serve as a reminder to the rest of us that 95% of the time we’ve got nothing to worry about. Thank you Mika!

Thank you, Cindy! That’s so sweet of you. I chose to come out to this friend because I knew she would be accepting and supportive. I already know that others will not be but I could care less what they think.
        Hugs

Anonymous

That’s a big step! I admire your bravery. How did your first outing go???? I’m sure it was fine, but I was wondering and hoped it went well. 🙂

Hi Mika

Yes it feels so very good when you come out to someone and being so well received. Or as my sister said when I came out to her “I’ve been knowing that for 30 years”. But she didn’t offer me any clothes.

Have a great day
      Lily-Rose

Lol. That’s so funny. And you’re absolutely right about the feeling. I think that if anyone is not surprised, it would be my sister, too. Thanks for inspiring me, Lily!

Hugs

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?