- March 13, 2019 at 1:14 am #159882
Mandy CrossParticipantRegistered On: October 6, 2018Topics: 9Replies: 112Has thanked: 220 timesBeen thanked: 174 times
So, really quick update, was walking home from town last night with my wife after having a few and we ended up talking about LBGT stuff, one thing led to another and although my tongue was catching in my mouth I basically confessed I crossdress and wanted her to know this side of me….
It went surprisingly well. Hasn’t come up this morning but she took it ok, wasn’t put off and only thing she really wanted to know was how come it took 20 years to tell her?
So, going to be taking things slowly and feel way forward, just wanted all you lovely ladies know you have helped massively with the helpful advice and being part of this forum is the only reason I have got this far in finally telling someone.
I do feel like a mental burden has been lifted and so much the better for my wife seemingly being ok with this.
Will see what the next few weeks bring and update further.
Total of 35 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- March 25, 2019 at 8:09 am #163180Patty PepperParticipantRegistered On: February 9, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 25Has thanked: 51 timesBeen thanked: 54 times
My suggestion is to recommend she join the spouses forum. My SO has and it’s been a wealth of information.
I’ve just recently started going out with the local group & the spouses the join us are all amazing. My SO seemed fine on the outside but was a mass of turmoil just beneath the surface. There’s a lot of contradictory info on the website & she’s probably very confused.
Talking to others in her position will help greatly.
- March 24, 2019 at 2:22 pm #163059Sandra StevensParticipantRegistered On: March 5, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 11Has thanked: 17 timesBeen thanked: 13 times
Congratulations Mandy ! 💖💖💖💖💖 I’m so very happy for you! Hope it all works out fine and you continue to grow with your new support.
- March 23, 2019 at 2:10 pm #162811Stephanie KennedyParticipantRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 23 times
Mandy Happy Birthday Day. It is truly a wounderful time when you finally allow the woman in you out. I know the feeling you just gave me the chills of happiness
- March 23, 2019 at 8:52 am #162721rebekka mooreParticipantRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 52Replies: 599Has thanked: 262 timesBeen thanked: 594 times
- March 15, 2019 at 3:54 pm #160624Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
You are doing the right thing for you, Mandy
Well done – and take it slowly. It’s taken 20 years to get this far, the rest will also take time.
Relax and enjoy the journey as best you can
I came out fully last November and things are still settling, then becoming a problem, then resettling. There’s a lot of dust flying, but when it’s all been swept away, I trust that sense and reason will prevail.
It does in so-called primitive cultures; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_in_Bugis_society
- March 15, 2019 at 9:04 am #160527Bebe TrudeauParticipantRegistered On: February 28, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 3Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 2 times
So happy for you. Hope your wife continues to love and support you. So much better that you told her. Much better than being caught as was the case with me. Best wishes to you.
- March 14, 2019 at 5:13 pm #160328BriannaParticipantRegistered On: March 8, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 15Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 10 times
- March 15, 2019 at 1:50 am #160444Mandy CrossParticipantRegistered On: October 6, 2018Topics: 9Replies: 112Has thanked: 220 timesBeen thanked: 174 times
Brianna, still early days hon, I’m still waiting for my wife to come back to me which is worrying to say the least, just things playing over in my mind as to whether I have done the right thing or whether it was just a mistake.
- March 13, 2019 at 12:49 pm #160011Cynthia HughesParticipantRegistered On: March 12, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 48Has thanked: 51 timesBeen thanked: 49 times
- March 13, 2019 at 12:06 pm #159994
- March 13, 2019 at 10:11 am #159975Michelle LiefdeAmbassadorRegistered On: May 27, 2018Topics: 39Replies: 819Has thanked: 968 timesBeen thanked: 631 times
- March 13, 2019 at 8:11 am #159961AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 102Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 106 times
That’s great news! I bet you feel a million times better. Just take it slow, let her adjust in her own speed.
You would be surprised just how some partners are in fact understanding and really love you for who you truly are!
- March 13, 2019 at 9:04 am #159970ParticipantRegistered On: October 6, 2018Topics: 9Replies: 112Has thanked: 220 timesBeen thanked: 174 times
<p style=”text-align: left;”>Sasha, feel so so so much better, it’s so early days though but feel so excited by potential of this, nearly asked her opinion on a skirt I saw in a shop today, hard going slow as want it all out now! Mx</p>
- March 13, 2019 at 6:34 am #159945Kayla CFounderRegistered On: February 8, 2018Topics: 19Replies: 201Has thanked: 275 timesBeen thanked: 174 times
I’m so excited for you. I hope this will bring you and your wife closer together as she learns more about your femme side. She will probably have lots of questions so try to be patient. I wish you both the best on your journey together.
- March 13, 2019 at 6:00 am #159941LillyParticipantRegistered On: December 12, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 208Has thanked: 294 timesBeen thanked: 243 times
That is fantastic! Good for you, I wish you both well moving forward. Like some others have said one small step at a time.
Acceptance with the wife can be difficult but I was surprised how supportive my own wife was with all of this as long as I was just open and honest with her, which I found hard to do considering the habit of hiding this stuff. She wasn’t happy as she found out, I didn’t exactly tell her, but either way the weight off your chest has got to feel good. Own that!
- March 13, 2019 at 5:44 am #159939
- March 13, 2019 at 5:02 am #159931Jennifer LoveParticipantRegistered On: October 11, 2018Topics: 6Replies: 177Has thanked: 63 timesBeen thanked: 177 times
Wonderful Mandy, you have come so far. I am happy things have worked out for you. It seems like only yesterday you went out for the first time. Maybe next you can invite your wife to go with you. Hugs and kisses love.
- March 13, 2019 at 3:54 am #159923Anne PreussParticipantRegistered On: December 13, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 315Has thanked: 405 timesBeen thanked: 356 times
Wow Mandy, good for you. I would kind of lead her along the way with questions “what do you think about….?” “Do you think…..would be ok?” Give her some simple stuff to reflect on and continue from there. Use questions that require more than “yes” or “no” so you gain better insight into her feelings about your dressing and things she will be comfortable and uncomfortable with. Best wishes to you in your amazing journey together.
- March 13, 2019 at 9:11 am #159972ParticipantRegistered On: October 6, 2018Topics: 9Replies: 112Has thanked: 220 timesBeen thanked: 174 times
Hey Anne, I think you are right, it is just so exciting that I have done this and she seems to be ok, even indulge me in it, seriously can’t believe it. I might start asking her opinion on clothing soon as want to shop for some underwear for me but have her input. But you are right, think she needs to lead, just difficult to go slow now I have taken this huge step. Mx
- March 13, 2019 at 3:35 am #159920Olivia LivinParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 11Replies: 630Has thanked: 717 timesBeen thanked: 496 times
A big congratulations Mandy!! As you say, take it slow and let her lead the way. Theres likely to be quite a few questions once her mind has had a chance to absorb and adjust a bit. Good for you and I hope it goes really well moving forward.
- March 13, 2019 at 1:32 am #159884Bianca EverdeneParticipantRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 6Replies: 174Has thanked: 460 timesBeen thanked: 310 times
Well done Mandy, so pleased for you, and thanks for sharing. Always great to hear of a positive response from our nearest and dearest.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.