Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’m a 44 year old women hiding in a man’s body! I have secretly crossdressed since I was young, but recently after finding out my girlfriend was fully supportive, I’m wanting to push my boundaries even further. She has bought me several outfits of my own and loves dressing me, but dysphoria keeps pushing me down. My problem is makeup. I have zero knowledge about it and not being a makeup wearer herself, she’s unable to really help me. All the articles and videos I dive into only frustrate me more! I don’t know if anyone is in the Pittsburgh area or can help online, but I’m feeling lost. ☹️

Anonymous

That is a tough one. Especially if she doesnt do make up. Ive always been bad at it myself too. Youtube has definitely helped though. Luckily my wife does mine and shes really good at it! The key is to keep it simple and learn how to contour. Its amazing what that will do! Unless you want to look like a drag queen! LOL

There is a makeup advise section on this site.. look under forums… you have to scroll a bit.. good luck

Anonymous

Welcome aboard
      First be thankful you have a girlfriend who supports you
      I do share your frustrations about the make up
      Give it some time and it will come and it should be an experience to share

Hi Jay welcome to CDH it’s nice to meet you, we are like one big happy family on here so don’t be shy come on in and join the family, I’m sure you will find lots of friends on here,if you have any questions just ask and the girls will get back to you, I’ve been dressing most of my life since i was about 8 or 9 years old when i tried my older sister’s lingerie on, I’m sorry i can’t meet up with you for a coffee ☕ I’m on the other side of the pond in the UK, I’m sure there are lots of girls near to where you live who will be happy to meet up with you for a coffee and a chat,

Hugs Rozalyn X 💋

Hello Jay welcome to CDH glad you have shared a part of who you are and found us and made the step to become part of a family that is welcoming, understanding, compassionate, and supportive. While we are all similar and have many of the same desires we all differ on our goals or public expression and or level of personal experiences. I encourage you to explore the many forums, topics, polls and member biographies found here as there are a wide range of members all over the spectrum of feminine expression or those on the path to transition and those that have. There are also links to websites that have products and services that may help you on your own personal path of acceptance and self expression. Ultimately it is a place home or world were you can feel feel comfortable and confident in who you are as being who you truly are as your authentic self of you being a man, a woman, or expressing your feminine desires feelings and or qualities. Glad you are here and have made a choice to accept this part of yourself and you are sharing a part of your authentic self it ultimately lifts some of the burden that you may be feeling which many of us have carried what seems like a lifetime I am glad you have made the step.

I think you should try a professional makeover some places will even come to your home you never know good luck wishing you the best.

Hugs April

Hi Jay,

Welcome to CDH! I think every girl’s needs and expectations of makeup are different. I would encourage you to experiment and don’t be afraid to make a mess of it. Practice makes perfect. Maybe you can break it down to three areas: (1) concealer and foundation, (2) eyes..eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, brows, and (3) lips…lip liner and lipstick.

– Robyn

Hi Jay,

Welcome to CDH, a large and welcoming family. It is a pleasure to meet you here.
      Here you can exchange opinions and information and find support to move forward in your enfemme adventure.
      Have fun participating in the forums and questionnaires.
      Here no one is judged, but always welcomed with a warm embrace.

XOXOX from Italy 🇮🇹
      Greta ❤️

p. s.
      You are not alone to feel hide in wrong body

Hi Jay, and welcome. I know it may sound overly simplistic but I have found the best way to hone oyur makeup skills is pretty simple. First there are some great tutorials on YouTube about applying makeup (for both crossdressers and CIS girls). However watching a tutorial on makeup is about the same as watching a video on tennis then thinking you are a champion tennis player. What I am saying is it takes practice and experimentation. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes (makeup can be easily removed). Just sit down at the mirror with some foundation, contouring makeup, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick and a few other basic things and just have fun! I assure you with a little practice you will feel much better about your makeup skills. Hugs, Paulette

I’ve been so busy today that it’s been almost ten hours since I checked my post… thank you all so much for the warm welcome and advice! It may take me a bit to learn the ins and outs here, but I’m very glad I’ve found all of you. ❤️

Anonymous

One of the places you can go is utube and ulta is in a lot of locations and they are cd friendly. You can get with the girls 👧 for help. We are glad to have you welcome to the site

Hi Jay,

Welcome to CDH.  Try your local department store beauty center and ask for helpful hints.  And they might have samples to take home as well.   Or if your local technical high school has a cosmetology program sign up for an appointment and enjoy the small steps forward.

Alice

Hi Jay, welcome to CDH. I felt lost also when it comes to makeup. I watched several tutorials on line and those helped especially with eyeshadow and blush. I started out using a translucent blush and mascara so I could wear it in public. That helped me to learn how to apply them then found a color of blush that closely matched my skin tone. I use an eyeshadow pallet that will allow me to go all out. Would suggest light colors that will accentuate your eyes.

Hi Jay and welcome to this Heavenly community of wonderful, supportive and friendly people who can assist you make up problems.

Hi Jay nice to meet you and happy you found and joined us girls here so get settled in relax and enjoy yourself here.. Well girlfriend as a new sister and family member you are welcomed with open arms into our home as well as yours now also.. Girlfriend there is such a wealth of knowledge here so look around ask many questions of these wonderful ladies telling there lifes stories about there femme journeys down the road they now live on in life.. When you get comfortable with us please join in with a story or two about the life and times of Jay as she travels down her own girly path in life .. As for making friends here there are so many ladies from all over the world to build long lasting friendships with and best of all girlfriend we are just a simple click away ..  Now again girlfriend nice to meet you and hope to see you around for a chat sometime.. Jay please do us a small favor and return to your profile page and fill in some more please as this is how we get to know you better thank you ..

Stephanie Bass

J J
      Lady

Take some lessons. GGs spend their formative years learning these skills, often with disastrous results, but we think we can just watch a few youtubes and have great results. Sephora will do a make over as will many other retailers. They don’t care if you are male female or anywhere inbetween.

There are also CD services in most major cites, and they often do make up lessons.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Jay you just need to keep practicing and you will get to where you want to be.

Hugs, Liara

It’s a tough row to hoe, Jay, no doubt. You’ve read a lot of good suggestions here of which I like Ulta and the cosmetology course the best.

As you spend time here you’ll soon see that you have a huge advantage with a supportive GF. So many here don’t. Your glass is way more than half full girlfriend, try to hold on to that when the blues set in, as “Der Bingle” put it…

Hugs & kisses,
      W.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Hi Jay, Welcome to CDH.  As you can see from all of the responses there are many here that will gladly help if they can.

for my two cents. I bought a Makeup magic program as a started. Ther is an advertiser link on the right side of this page. from this I was able to make a shopping list that the girls at ULTA happily helped me acquire. From there i gave it some practice, just to get used to the process and methods. My best benefit was going for a couple of makeovers at Sephora and ULTA. The artist there taught me the finer points that I needed to get over the learning curve. From there its just practice. I do favor you tube videos by “Lisa J” she is pretty good to follow.

Anonymous

Hi Jay. Great advice, so far, below. Also, don’t be discouraged. We are our own worst critics. I’ll bet you look quite lovely. At first, less is more. Don’t think that as a beginner, you will be able to magically transform into a Paris runway model.

Much love,
      Raquel

Learning any new skill takes a lot of research, training, time, and patience; it’s what makes it both fun and frustrating, sometimes we seem to be progressing and then we’re going in circles of mistakes and failures until things begin to click. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy, until you get good at it. Some professional help and a little practice every day should, over time, see you right.

And I’ve just realised I’m having a conversation with myself as well; I really should take my own advice. Oh, this duality! x

I should listen to your advice myself. As.they say practice and then practice some more. Hugs,Allysa

J J
      Lady

[postquote quote=690855]
      This seems to me to be the best way. Learn from the experts rather then trial and error or advice from rank amateurs. Years of practice allows GGs to find their way staring at a young age, and mistakes are not a big deal. For most of us mistakes are glaringly obvious and do a great deal of harm to our en femme self esteem.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?