Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Edie Majeski
      Baroness

As to what I did. I had my ears pierced. Some of you might know that I’m not young to have my ears pierced at this late stage in my life. I always wanted to have my ears pierced. It’s just that I had a problem in the way of a mother. She was old fashion and strongly believe that men don’t pierce their ears. Piercing of the ears was for women. She was also the type of woman who would nag the heck out of you if you did something that she didn’t approve. I just knew that if I had pierced my ears while she was still alive, I would never hear the end of it. Sadly, she passed away two years ago, and I do miss her. However, I can now have my ears pierced without the fear of her nagging me. I would have had my ears pierced a year ago, but there was this pandemic thing going on. I just did think it was a good time to have my ears pierced. But as of yesterday (June 30, 2022) I had then pierced.

As to my experience, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I thought it would be a lot more painful. Instead, all I felt was a sting. The girl that did my piercing was very nice and helpful. The earring I chose is a small diamond stone–though not a real diamond since I wouldn’t be able to afford a real diamond–on a yellow mounting.  Not exactly the kind of earring you think for a guy–which is what I really am most of the time–but I like it.

So, if any of you girls are thinking of have your ears pierced, do it. It’s not that painful and it’s quick. Just make sure you have a professional do it for you.

Anonymous
      Lady

Had mine pierced this past January…best thing I have done in. while…I love wearing earrings!

I had mine done 12 weeks ago, the holes are all nicely healed, and I am excitedly trying to figure out what type of earrings to get. I don’t just want what’s been there since I had it done – simple posts with cubic zirconium. Do I go with small hoops, huggies, huggies with a dangly pearl, or just dangly earrings?? Or a simple pearl stud?

Hugs girls,

Lauren M

Edie Majeski
        Baroness

That’s a big decision I’ll have to make once my ears are healed. There’s so many to choose from.

Brielle
      Lady

Where did you go? I’ve heard tattoo and piercing shops are best since they do that professionally and have the best hygiene/quality.

Thanks!

Brie

Got mine done a few months ago at the tender age of 63.  Cant wait to try all the different styles

I’d love to have mine done but I don’t think my wife would be ok with it.

Good for you girl!! I did mine years ago and even added 2 more so I have 2 in each ear. No one seems to even notice or say anything about it so I will see what happens when I move on to 3 in each ear lol

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing, Edie.  Good for you getting your ears pierced.  I’d love to be able to expand my earring collection to include those for pierced ears.  However, at this point, I’m not able to be so bold as to get my ears pierced.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I had my ears pierced a few months ago at the age of 63.  Had small gold post put in.  This morning stephanie wanted to try some different earrings for the first time.  My wife helped me get the post out (for the first time) and she picked put some dangling flower petal ones that match my blouse.  Feels very exciting to feel them jiggle about.  Another small step

I know that feeling all too well, hon.  I’ve got a mother that’s tried to stop me from wearing women’s clothing in the past and she’d raise all sorts of hell if I got my ears pierced.  I’ll be waiting until after she passes on to finally get it done and yes, it will be done professionally.

Harriette
        Lady

You can still find a few clamp-on earrings, but not many.

I was looking yesterday while at Walmart and couldn’t find any clip-ons at all. All were for pierced ears.

Harriette
            Lady

Yeah, the only ones that I found, one separate pair, one with a necklace, were in a costume jewelry store in a big mall. Drug stores, dollar stores, nice jewelry stores, box stores? Nope. I haven’t checked on-line yet, though.

I think thats wonderful, I pierced mine usinga self piercing gun from Amazon, had complications, werent in the same spot on each ear, or I didnt keep the studs in long enough and they closed up. I should have had them done, but I finally worked it out. I love the danging ear rings and big hoops

Xoxo Leslee

Natalie Dane
          Duchess

You can find some pretty amazing clamp earrings on Amazon.  Styles are limited, but some of the dangling earrings look amazing.  I’ve not purchased any yet, but they’re waiting in my Wishlist when I have some extra cash.

Oh yes, I have many a pair of clip-ons from Amazon.  Some are very pretty.

The mall chain Claire’s has quite a few though not as many as for pierced ears. They are very inexpensive. Best, Marlene.

I am glad you were able to get them done.  I’m jealous.  Sadly I need to wait a bit until I fully retire.

I love the look of the big earrings, hoops and dangling ones.

Susan

Wanted to years ago when it was a bit of a tend for guys in the 90’s to get an ear pierced. Even Ed Bradley on 60minutes had a stud. But alas my wife said no. You just can’t hide those things. Sorry we can’t undress our ears! If i could I’d have hoops too!

I had mine done a few weeks back, had wanted it done for a long time, but never had the courage. When I went public with the family was when I took the time to get them done. There a tat/piercing shop here where I went. I love my earring and I am so glad I went and had it done.

i had my left  ear pierced, the day after Thanksiving 1985.

I had pierced my own ears back in the late 80’s. The left became infected soon after. I faced a dilemma. Take the left out and let it heal and redo it, which would mean I only had the right ear pierced, (and we all know what that means) or just take them both out. Honestly, I felt people were judging even with two. Society wasn’t ready yet.

Last November (2022), I sent away for DIY piercing guns on Amazon . Cheaper than I would have thought. The whole process was not very painful. Did it myself, so how bad could it be, right?

Only advice I can offer is, buy more than two, in case you mess up, and use a Sharpie fine point to mark the spots to be pierced. Check your marks in the mirror to make sure you have them in the same exact spot on each ear. I had missed on one and had to do it again two weeks later when I noticed. And don’t change out the studs for at least four weeks. Seriously, four weeks.

And as far as people noticing, don’t worry about it. At first I was very self-conscious. Some of the people I see everyday noticed, but none said a word about it, nor did they treat me any different.

Just do it and enjoy yourself.

Congratulations! Hoping to find the courage soon…I’ve gone as far as driving to the tattoo/piercing shop and talked myself out of it in the parking lot. I’ve even bought some really cute earrings, hoping that seeing them on my dresser would help me. Hopefully soon!

Karla Rogers
      Duchess

Congratulations! I worked up the courage to have mine pierced back in February of this year. It was a gift to myself for my 65th birthday. The girl who did it is part owner of a tattoo shop and one of my customers. My wife even went with me. The girl was took all necessary sterilization methods. Before I knew it, it was all over. A little throbbing for a while but that eased up soon. She put in healing studs with little fake diamonds. I couldn’t believe I had actually done it, but there they were.

Unfortunately, I suppose I needed more healing time. After about 9 weeks the piercer said that I could probably take them out which I did. I was trying to replace the studs with small hoops, but I was having difficulty. Then I started drawing blood. Since we were only three weeks from a cruise, I decided to stop trying with the hoops. I left them alone and let them heal so that I could enjoy swimming in the Caribbean. I may try again in a couple of months.

Anonymous

Claire’s always has a large selection of clip-on earrings.

They’re meant for little girls, I think. But that’s okay.

Of course, there’s always Amazon.

I have several pair of clip ons from Claires. They are very inexpensive so I buy two pairs of each so as to have spares in case I lose one. There are some small ones (don’t know if they are meant for children though) and I wear them when I am in drab on both ears. Friends notice them but no negative comments.Best, Marlene

I had my left ear pierced back in the 80’s.  My current wife didn’t like it so I let it close.  Came out to her a few years ago and have talked about getting my ears pierced but she isn’t in agreement.  I can live with that for now, who knows what the future holds.

As for earrings – I buy converters at JoAnn Fabrics or Michael’s to convert pierced earrings to clip ons.  It works well.  I’ve made quite a few with either pierced earrings or charms I’ve bought at the aforementioned stores.

Another place to find clip on earrings is Thrift Shops.  I’ve found them there fairly inexpensively.  Just started going to thrift shops recently and found they are a lot of fun to shop in.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Hey Edie, good for you , girl!!!! I had mine done late last year by a friend. He did an excellent job. I had started performing in drag, and got tired of loosing an earring in the middle of a show with clip ons. I love it now and get compliments on my earrings every so often. Be sure to take good care of them. I use the solution from Claire’s now once a week to be sure they stay clean. Do your fresh piercings at least once a day till you’re sure they’re well healed. After that, enjoy!!!!!

After I retired I had both ears pierced it was the best thing I have ever done.  It has been nearly 10 years and I truly enjoy putting in my earrings I feel so much more complete.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?