Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Well it finally happened. After decades of being a crossdresser, I finally got called Lady.
      My wife and I were at a local market. We were looking at a jewellery stall when the stall holder said “Can I help you ladies?”…. Yes it finally happened…..

Trouble was I was in man mode!!!!! Jeans, shirt, jacket…. All very male…. I did have a pair of black stud earrings in, but other than that, with my clothes and 3 days of stubble, I was obviously male 🙂

I’ll still take it 🙂 🙂 🙂

Cerys

😂🙄🤔👌

Anonymous
      Lady

LOL

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

I love when I get called Lady and then turn the bearded me around to say thank you, just love the look on there face.

Oh, yes! Or they hear my voice.

The profuse apologies are so funny. As if they had insulted my masculinity, and it’s the worst thing in the world they could do.

Often it’s at the grocery store and I’m wearing lipstick, earrings and mascara. It’s fun to just stare them down and stretch their narrow minds a little.

That’s fairly new, but incredibly freeing.

It’s always a thrill.
      Most of the time it’s from behind and “ma’am”.

My hair is longish and cut in an androgynous style, with conscious effort from me and my stylist to be able to make it more feminine.
      I’m often wearing shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt, like so many women in the grocery store.

I was at a restaurant with my wife and our best friend,GG.

Waitress comes from behind me to another table and says “I’ll be with you ladies in a minute” I had on darker nail polish than usual, a purple, borrowed from that friend. Maybe she saw it over my shoulder.
      Probably she just wasn’t paying attention, but it was such a thrill.

I’ve had that happen a few times. My hair is long, shoulder length, and during the winter you might not be able to tell if I’m a man or a woman at first site. Like you I’ve been with my wife and have been called “ladies” or if I’m by myself at a counter have been called “Miss”. The strangest thing that has happen, due to my voice, (due to cancer the nerve to my left vocal cord was distroyed) is at time my voice can sound just like a young lady. I have people carry on a conversation in person and on the phone call me lady, Miss or even once as Mrs.(last name) or even “can I talk with your husband (first name). I guess at the other end of the phone they get embarrassed when I say “this is he, how can I help you!” But sometimes it’s the opposite and I sound like Barry White. LoL

Gratz! If I want to hear “Hey, lady!” I have to watch a Jerry Lewis movie.

That happens to me sometimes.  I just take it as a compliment.

I had a cashier ask, “can I help you Mam” if that counts!!

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Meghan, that is too funny, but like you said ‘I’ll take it’. And if you pass as a lady in drab you must look outstanding dressed. No worries of not being able to pass either. Your story really is hilarious.

Trish 💖

Anonymous

Hi Cerys,

Nice isn’t it ? The idea that you must be doing something right.

It’s happened to me too over the years, when like you I wasn’t trying. Initial gender discernment is made subconsciously and also (imho) culturally influenced. Often the person did a double take, and with a now conscious brain involved, apologised for ‘misgendering’ you. (“But they’ve got a beard” or whatever logic) – and maybe that apology was made because in some minds males calling other males a woman verges on insult / confrontation. All very embarrassing which is paradoxically why sometimes an apology isn’t offered – as if you wanted one 😀

I think the point I’m making is that in some circumstances there’s enough feminine cues being emitted for a misidentification at that subconscious level

I’ve described it as a male on male thing, but the last time it happened to me was in a supermarket, offering a empty trolley to a man so he didn’t have to walk to the rack for one. We had a brief exchange, to be cut short by his SO calling over “leave the poor woman alone!”

eM xxx

I was out a few weeks ago wearing women’s jeans, women’s v-neck T-shirt and my C cup forms. No makeup or wig since I’m not there yet. I got a ma’am. Let’s just say he was not looking at my face when he said it. It didn’t matter to me, it was still my first ma’am and it made my day.

Anonymous
      Lady

Good for you Cery and with stubble too.

Even when I’m dressed similar to many every day casual females with a ponytail, small hoop earring, pink fem tee, fem jeans, maybe a bra outline, and clear gloss nails, I always get SIR! Never a “ma’am” or “lady” which proves I can never “pass” but that doesn’t stop me from feeling feminine all day long. Like some women will say, “I dress for myself”

Clara
      Lady

I was called young lady (seems weird being referred to as young when I am 52!) when I was told off by a little old lady walking her dog for not wearing stockings or pantyhose as well as not walking properly in heels. It I was quite flattered being referred to as a young lady!

Roxie Ritz
      Duchess

Yeah, with my long hair, I often get called “vrouw” here in the Netherlands. Whenever I have let my hair grow long, it happens. Right now it is only down to my shoulders, and styled in an androgenic way. I like it like that.
      However, since I was a teenager, many many years ago, they have been calling me, girl, maam, or lady whenever I let my hair grow.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

That’s awesome Cerys!  Female pronouns are one of the most affirming things that can happen to any CD or trans girl.  It’s a huge boost to your confidence and ego.

I get gendered female often.  I attribute it mostly to 19 months of estradiol and having shoulder length hair.  I wear women’s jeans and casual tops most of the time.  Maybe some jewelry.  Usually little or no makeup.  It’s obvious I’m trans.  I got a knowing look this afternoon from another trans girl.

/EA

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?