• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I took my usual late evening walk as Kelly. This evening I was dressed up a bit above casual despite it was mid week, very high heel stiletto boots, knee long skirt, pink leather jacket.

As I was walking around in the neighborhood I did meet a few people and it wasn’t much to it, that was until I passed  one house where a women was sitting on the porch with a dog. That dog apparently didn’t like me and it didn’t help that I already passed the house, it came after me barking a lot. It was dark so I didn’t see clearly but it looked like a border collie so midsize dog. I guess some people would have been scared but I realized it wasn’t really after to bite me or so, and when I turned around it actually turned around and backed of still barking. Then it made a half circle around me keeping distance and barking all while the owner tried to get it back.
      Then it apparently felt satisfied that it had chased me away and finally turned back to the caretaker (despite I hadn’t moved). The owner did give her excuses but I just said no problem.

I wonder if it was because of my look it came after me – I did look very different from anyone else passing by there. I have a hard time thinking that it would do that to everyone passing by since then it would probably not been loose.

/kt

Were you wearing any sort of perfume?

Ashley
      Lady

heh, reminds me of the first time my own dog saw me dressed, she barked at me. (she’s a rescue, we’d had her about 3 weeks at that time) It was not what I expected and it made me wonder what her understanding of what she was seeing was. Most likely something along the lines of “Humans! WTF is up with them!”

Dogs bark for lots of different reasons. That dog could have decided you were a threat to its owner and it had to chase you off, or maybe it wanted to play with you! My dog still barks at people and dogs she wants to play with. Dogs actually have tons of body language to show what they’re thinking, and sometimes the differences can be really subtle.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

[postquote quote=400877]
      No perfume (I normally newer do) and even if I had it was so far to the front porch where they where at first it wouldn’t have made it there.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

[postquote quote=400909]
      We had a dog but had to put her down when she got cancer at the tongue root and was in pain all the time. I can read dog body language a little and while it was dark so I couldn’t see it that clear my thought from start was that she was just “it’s my duty to  protect my caretaker against this strange person – even if I’m scared”. I know the best thing I can do then is to just be calm and give it space.

Yes, dogs can bark at lots of things, our dog once got scared for a Halloween prop. It was a small foam zombie baby that our dog reacted to big time. It was on the floor in the middle of the hall way and she didn’t want to go past it. It took some time before she got used to it and I don’t know if she ever fully got over it.

/kt

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

While a dog can’t see pink I think my pink jacket would look very different then the all grey that everyone else wear.
      And yes, those heels makes a very different sound that sneakers make so that’s another red flag – sorry I mean warning flag (since red can’t be seen at all).
      I also got the impression it was a young one = new to this world and maybe not used to so much strange things yet.

/kt

When cycling and a dog barked and growled at me, I would growl and bark, only louder!?!? It would surprise them, presumably because it was outside of their experience…

Emily
      Lady

Talk about having unwanted attention! Well done you for not panicking. Glad it was a good outcome.

I stop and pet a neighbor’s dog inside it’s invisible fence when I walk by. One day, another neighbor from a different house was riding by on her bicycle and stopped to visit. The dog went crazy with growling and barking! The girl was surprised because all of her visits with the dog had been pleasant and friendly in the past. It took me two days to realize that she had this huge, black bicycle helmet on her blond head when the dog was barking. This was a foreign look to the dog!

Were you wearing a wig?

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

In reply to Lorie Peace

> I stop and pet a neighbor’s dog
      So do I normally but with covid I have avoided that (animals can have/get covid 19 also).
      One big rule I have when doing it is that I make sure to not get to close to start with (eye contact and check their body language closely), then often go down and let the dog/cat/whatever animal to come to me (if they so choose) maintaining eye contact and looking at the body language.
      I never go directly to the animal to pet it or whatever (except ones I know very very well like our own dog).

>Were you wearing a wig?
      No wig, have long natural hair so that couldn’t be it but the pink jacket (whatever that looks like in a dogs mind when the red is removed) and stiletto heels is very unusual thing on people walking by (I have at most seen a causal skirt or dress, never seen any stiletto heels walk by here).

/kt

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Kelly Lee.
      Anonymous

Maybe you felt uneasy about something and the dog could sense it. Thanks for sharing. 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?