Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So this morning Amazon: announced that they would be arriving early afternoon with my first wig! I had purchased a

Wig, Short Wavy Light Blonde Wigs for Women, 16” 

and in anticipation of the glorious moment of its arrival I had put on Long glue on nails, pink of course, put on my lipstick to match my nails, perfume, thigh highs, six strap garter belt, G string thong, and my black patent ankle strap heels. I got a notice from Amazon that they had just made the delivery and after carefully surveying the immediate neighborhood through an upstairs window i snuck out the front door and grabbed the package. You know very excited state lol

Bring the package inside I tore open the package and extracted the wig from its packaging. Shook it out a bit and slipped it on my head. I instantly realized a few things. First, was that I did not own a brush! Second, back when I was in my late teens and had hair that went well down my back, why I always make sure I had hair ties with me.

so off came the heels, The thong, the garter belt, the stockings, wiped off the lipstick, got a wet towel and did my best to wipe as much of the perfume off myself as I could, soaked off the nails I had spent an hour putting on that morning (removal took 45 minutes) pulled on a T-shirt and shorts (diD put the thong back on, naughty girl) and headed for the drugstore to buy a brush.

went into the drugstore and purchased a brush I thought was appropriate and a package of hair ties. I thought the cashier looked at me a little funny. When I got to the car and sat down I realized I reeked of women’s perfume and looking in the mirror that I still had a fair amount of pink lipstick on and the edge of my fingernails had a rim of pink nail polish around it. Oh well nothing to be done now!

so I got home and grabbed the wig to brush it out and instantly realized what those Styrofoam heads are for and why they are important!

as usual Amazon: to the rescue I have one on order. Perhaps when ordering a wig Amazon should ask you a question is this your first one and are you male? Lol because here’s what you’re gonna need idiot! Lol

so now in addition to everything else I need to figure out a place to put that Styrofoam head in the event my son is coming over because he would not be at all on board with this!

I did get it brushed out enough and styled  enough to realize it is not going to magically make me 26 years old and a gorgeous woman. I also understood why Amazon:’s ad had emphasized that the bangs can be trimmed with scissors as needed because after I get the Styrofoam head and figure it out a bit I am going to do that! (Any hints would be welcomed at this point) But when I hit my target weight and I’ve learned how to do make up I might not be entirely hideous, I might just look like a really bad version of my sister! Lol

Angela Booth
      Hostess

There’s a comedic comedy short here Megan! You had me chuckling at your antics. My only tip on wig styling is to find a wig stylist as once you start with the scissors it will not grow back, I know from experience.  A while back a woman I know told me of these magical places that could do wonders with wigs and pointed me in the direction of one such wig fairy. Check out websites as these days they usually have trans clients and are very accommodating. They would probably welcome you in full dress but would also be forgiving of a little nail polish or womans scent left on.

Erika Henderson
      Duchess - Annual

That really brightened my Monday morning! Thank you for sharing that with us!

J J
      Lady

This is a good reason to buy a wig at a good shop. All those issues could have been resolved right then and there.

I have looked online several times, but all three of the wish I have purchased over the years came from a shop. I tried on a dozen or more styles and colors before settling on one with the help and expert advice of the shop owner.

I agree! But this was really just a test drive to see if it was something I wanted to do it all so my objective is to find something that would work well enough to see how I felt about it. And for less than $20 delivered I am not unhappy with the purchase. For the time being I’ll make this one work at some point down the road I’ll figure out if it’s something I really want to do! Thank you for your input kiss kiss Meg

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?