Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

It has been a while since I have been on here to update you on my journey.

Today I brought my first items of women’s clothing in person!

Whilst it was purchasing a couple of items in a supermarket (nothing too fancy), I was extremely nervous about it as I felt someone was going to be watching me (and judge me too).

However I built up the courage and grabbed what I wanted and made the purchases at the counter.

Walking out with my purchases today was a massive win for me and a major step in my journey as I have only been purchasing items online and for weeks I have not had the confidence to do it although I have wanted to do it during that time!

What the next step may be for me? I don’t know however I do feel more confident to maybe purchase an order online and come and collect it in person or do more perusing in store (but baby steps 🙂 ).

I hope you enjoyed this update.

Lots of love,
      Jacinta xoxo

Anonymous

Good for you! Funny thing in that women buy all kinds of things for the men in their life and never a second glance. Bet Mom bought your first athletic supporter.

The next step would be purchasing items while dressed as Jacinta.

Hugs, Eileen

That is the plan Eileen but baby steps for now 🙂

Anonymous
      Lady

I still remember how nervous I was when I bought my first lingerie for me. I was so worried the cashier would know! In reality, they will have assumed it was for my partner! I still get a little self conscious when I’m browsing the women’s dresses – what guy normally pays that much attention to womens clothes when out shopping!? But, the more confident I become with the Jenny in me, the more it shows when I take my intimates to the cash desk – smile on my face 😊

Appreciate the advise Jenny. Glad I am not the only one.

Congratulations! Great feeling, isn’t it?? I love buying women’s clothes!

Thanks Julianna. It was a bit of relief and excitement haha

Baby steps – you go, girl! Good for you!
      Kisses,
      Fredrika Jones

During my years of buy and purge, I shopped in person for panties and bras only. Sadly, I don’t have any of them today. But that was because of the shame I felt. Since I came out to my wife, the shame has been pretty much non-existent, the way should have always been.

About a month after I told my wife, she wanted to take me to a local boutique that sells all kinds of toys, stockings, and lingerie, and costumes. Initially, we were just going to buy a pair of stockings for me. The saleswoman thought of course, that we were buying for my wife. My wife corrected her and said they were for me. The saleswoman, Laura, was caught momentarily off guard but quickly recovered and helped us find a cute pair of stockings.

Then we decided, with Laura’s help, to look at nighties. Oh, the selection! I found a cute peach colored one I really wanted, but it didn’t fit when I tried it on in the changing room. Yes! I went into a women’s changing room to try on women’s clothing! What a thrill! So, Laura ran to find another nightie. She came running back yelling “It has a matching panty!” It was white and beautiful, and after I had it on, she helped adjust the straps in the back. Luckily, we were the only customers in the store at that time as far as I know. We bought it and also purchased a drop dead gorgeous purple nightie at the same time. As we checked out, Laura assured me that I wasn’t a freak, and that there was nothing wrong with me for wanting to feel beautiful. I will always love Laura for that. She and her coworkers were all professional and helpful. That was the single best experience I’ve had in buying any kind of clothing anywhere.

The point of this long ramble (sorry) is that you may want to shop at those kinds of boutiques. They’ve probably seen it all and not much is likely to phase them. I hope you have even better experiences in the future!

Hugs, Jill

Thank you so much for sharing the story Jill. I really enjoyed reading that. I hope to be able to do this sometime in the future and not worry about what others think (just need to build up that confidence!).

Jacinta,

It was my pleasure to share with you. Being as introverted as I am, it can be difficult but in this day and age where so much is acceptable, men buying women’s clothing doesn’t really raise all that many eyebrows. It may help to have a woman go with you if that’s possible. A good wingman, err, wingwoman, is invaluable. And as shy as I am, I’ve gone into JC Penny’s twice to buy nothing but panties by myself in the middle of the day both times. No one seemed to care. And F them if they do.

Hugs, Jill

Hi Jacinta congrats girl as like said a baby step in your favor girlfriend just keep it up dont slow down you have the confidence now dont quit you got this girl..

Stephanie

Hi Jacinta,

Congratulations on making your first purchase in person.  You must be thrilled having the courage and not changing your mind.

Alice

Thanks Alice. I was thrilled and exhausted haha. Took a lot of courage to do that.

Anonymous

Good for you, Jacinta.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Congratulations Jacinta! It sounds like you had fun!

💕Lara

Thank you Lara. Had fun and want to do more when I get the chance again.

Lara Muir
          Baroness - Annual

It’s addictive, I stopped at Walmart yesterday to get oil for my lawnmower, I started shopping for nail polish 💅.

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Jacinta …………such a liberating feeling , huh?  mmm….feel like such a girl!!!   Baby Steps…….yes……karley

Davina
      Lady

Jacinta; How wonderful. I still remember gout to a department store and my first items, bras and panties. This is an important first step for you. Congratulations!!!

Anonymous

Truth is, clothing stores are happy to sell items, no matter who buys them. What’s important is how you feel about the experience. Hopefully, this means you feel better about yourself and accept yourself a bit more. It really doesn’t really matter if you go farther with that positive feeling or stay where you are. Its all good.

Thank you Kim for those kind words. It is much appreciated.

That’s great Jacinta!! There’s nothing like buying clothes in person, such an adrenaline rush.

Hi Jacinta,
      Congratulations and well done! I hope you enjoyed the experience. Keep us updated on your journey.
      Love and big hugs from Stephanie ❤️

Thanks Stephanie. I will where/when I can 🙂

Jacinta dressing for years and have bought lots of clothes, when I was married and would buy clothes for my x-wife I would always buy a couple of things for me too. And even now in my sixty’s and I still have that nervous feeling, just a few weeks ago I just bought a new dress and a cute pair of shorts at Wal Mart(love their clearance racks)  it’s so exciting when I get home to try them on before I even un-pack my bags!!!  Have fun and enjoy the feeling when you get home with it……

Congrats girl on the first big step for so many of us. It gets easier now. With your new outfits and some practice you will be out in public shopping completely en femme and loving it.

Congratulations Jacinta.It really does get easier.My first shopping trips ,(sadly in drab) were very nerve wracking.That was back in 1981 when I was twenty one.I know for sure that I looked flustered and fumbling for my cash as I took the items (mostly,tights\ pantyhose in those days.Out of about six or seven pairs of hose there would be at least one in large instead of medium.One of the early occasions I felt very uncomfortable because a little girl of about ten years old or so was looking at me in the queue.She must have whispered something to her mum as I heard her say to the young girl ” Tights for men”.After a sprees I became more and more comfortable buying girls stuff.The sales staff didn’t seem to be too bothered one way or the other.I got so confident after a year or so I started asking the sales girls if they had tights in such and such a colour and they were most helpful and not judgemental.I haven’t shopped for clothes on my own for a good eight years or so as I have an accepting wife who buys all my stuff whilst I am with her.Once again I am in male mode but I quite enjoy the experience.Maybe one day I will have the courage to join my wife in Roberta mode.Definitely be a dream come true for sure.

Anonymous

Jacinta,

That’s fabulous.

You’ve piqued our curiosity. What did you buy?

Much love,
      Raquel

Well done Jacinta, let the shopping commence. In person in store really is such a buzz. To just wander around a womenswear store is just the best. To look, feel, browse amongst things you didn’t even know you needed. To go in for a skirt, but come out with the perfect Summer dress, a necklace, bootcut jeans and a stunning belt is sooooo much fun LOL.

If you are worried you will be spotted by friends or family go somewhere nobody knows you, and relax.

And I’ll let you into a secret, nobody cares! If the cashier asks if they are for me I am totally up front and honest. They will either be genuinely thrilled, or think you are joking and laugh it off. Either way it’s a good interaction. They are primarily looking for a sale…and happy to sell to anybody.

Happy shopping!!!

B x

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?