Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi,

I really need som help. I am really careful with moisturizing and priming my skin. I let it sink in a little bit and then I apply foundation by dabbing with a brush. Not too much and for quite a while to make sure it gets into the skin and not on top of it. After that I apply a translucent powder. But I don’t get this flawless smooth surface. I am 47 y/o so my skin is not perfect but not too bad and I think I should do better and I don’t know why the surface gets a little bit crackled so to say. From a distance it looks pretty okay but when you get closer it doesn’t look that good. Please help me, I’m freaking out about this.

Anonymous

I think what you’re referring to is ‘cakey foundation’

try this link, Wayne is a master with makeup

Yes, it’s like that, you can see my pic at the link below. I think I do everything right, I don’t understand why. I’ve tried with damp sponge as well before, I’ll try that again.

I really take time blending and I take a small amount that he suggests. I don’t know if I am taking too little. Also, I don’t know if it’s my powder. I’m using a hard translucent powder, and it seems he’s using a loose powder, would that be better?

The feeling I have is that it is really one with my skin but it does not cover the imperfections of my skin, like small wrinkles etc. Maybe it’s because of the brush apply.

I would suggest getting a sponge for foundation application, I tried a brush and did not have a great experience with it.

Wet the sponge and apply the foundation by patting it into the skin, the water will stop the sponge from leaching up all the foundation. I find this gives a way better application than a brush, at least for me.

Cynthia.

Anonymous

Keep in mind that men’s skin is very different to a woman’s, so we have to adjust the technique and products accordingly.

For example, use a good quality concealer as your foundation. It has great coverage, but isn’t as think as something like a Kryolan paint stick, so you can reduce the amount of product you need.

I found this technique improved the look of my pores considerably.

Didi💋

Peta Mari
      Lady

You need a “small amount” dewy Liquid foundation. And extremely light touch with powder. If what your doing is cracking, its way tooooo thick.

Less is always best. You can mix a dab of moisturizer with the foundation.

Avoid powder around/ under the eyes.

One tip that works well is once you moisturize, and let it dry off, soak any remaining oil with a tissue. Place it flat over your face and press it in.

Apply your foundation. Let it rest. Then soak any remaining oils with a tissue once again.

If you then seperate a tissue in its layers, place that fragile layer over your face, and apply powder over that tissue. (This is great trick to set lipstick.) Apply foundation, and lipstick. Then use separated tissue over lips and apply powder. And reapply another coat of lipstick.

With makeup. Less is always best.

Try a base before the foundation. Otherwise, outside of spackle, there is just so much you can do. You just do the best you can. Also:

Moisturize:

Moisturize:

Moisturize.

Araminta.

One other thing that I should mention is so important is quality of shaving. With a single blade good razor I think works the best to get really soft skin. Normal multiple blade razor does not quite do it. I didn’t prepare the best this time either.

Anonymous

Exfoliation girl, use one that has a gentle natural scrubbing ingredient rather than plastic micro beads. (Banned in Canada). Moisturize with another natural product. Maybe a little hyleuronic acid content
      Buffing pads, like very fine sandpaper, work well for me but only after my skin has dried well after a close shave. And of course moisturize with an anti bacterial moisturizer, maybe Tea Tree oil included, well after.

I’ve got bad news; I am not disagreeing with what has already been said, moisturize is critical.

However, one big thing is age.  Fact is, the older you are the more lines you get.  I get the same symptoms you do, I do a really nice foundation but when I look closer I can see the lines.

Another thing that may help slow down the age process is avoiding the sun as much as possible.  If you do have to be out in the sun, apply generous sunscreen.  In my early years, I would spend hours in the sun, no sunscreen, and let myself get tanned.  Well, I know I am paying for it now.

Sure that is true, but how you apply it matters and also different foundations, some cover pores and wrinkles better than others, maybe this one is not for me. I use Laura Mercier flawless foundation. I’ve seen videos on youtube women using the same and saying it does not doing a good job hiding pores.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Lots of good posts here.

But without seeing a pic of the finished product, I’m going to agree with Mary Jane and assume that you’re putting the layer on too thick.

You probably think that you need a TON of foundation to hide the man-face.

Trust me, aside from beard cover, less is more. I’m 49 and I have the same “mature skin” issue. If I put on too much, it would crack, accentuate all the lines in my face, look BAD.

Use a beard cover, use a liquid foundation that matches the color of the inside of your wrist, put on ONLY what’s needed and blend it quickly. Don’t put it where you don’t need it. I have some deep furrows in my forehead from lots of raised eyebrows, I avoid foundation there…a little color contour to shade the edges around the hair line, creating my shadows, but no foundation.

The less spackle that you use, the more natural it will look.

My 2 cents. Good luck Sweetie.

XOXO

Rayna

Here

https://ibb.co/mqKtXC5

I have highlight concealer under the eyes, nose bridge,
        between the brows and middle of the chin.

I don’t apply too much is not that, I have put on a tiny amount, like three
        small dots on each cheek, one dot on the forehead, one hon the chin.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?