• Creator
    Topic
    Focus And Sunshine
    Participant
    Registered On: April 2, 2020
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 50

I need advice and help please.

I’m one of those super sensitive people who can pick up on what is beneath the surface with people, even if I don’t know them much. It’s like I can feel their energy in my body.

Anyway, I know about my fiance’s cross dressing, and I’m fine with it. We’ve had evenings where we’ve done each other’s makeup, got dressed up together…it’s been fun and playful and it’s definitely brought us closer.

He says he’s never told anyone about it all before, it’s always been a hidden part of his life. It’s felt taboo in the past, because he knew it wouldn’t be accepted, but he’s said it feels much easier with it being out in the open with me now, because I am so accepting. We’ve chatted about how much he’d like it to be a bigger part of his life in the future, and he’s said that it’s certainly a part of his life, but that there are lots of other things that are much more important to him. I absolutely believe this to be true…it feels like the truth.

I realise also that we’re at the start of this journey together, as it’s only been a couple of months since he told me. Although I felt there was something important about him that he wasn’t telling me for almost as long as I’ve known him. I could feel there was something he was keeping hidden from me.

I did hint heavily a few times before I knew for sure, and he kept brushing over it – which became an outright denial (a lie) about it just before he changed his mind and told me. After he told me he apologized for lying, but he said he had been worried about losing me.

Now, I feel there’s something more he’s keeping from me. He’s always seemed very private with his phone. Which is maybe just the way he is? The way some people are? But the other day we were out and I was sitting next to him while he googled something. And just before he started typing, there was a name that he’d googled previously. I went to google it on my phone afterwards it was the name of a transgender man to woman.

I’m finding this kind of secrecy difficult. It’s making me feel a little ill at ease in myself, because I can feel it in my being, and it’s making me feel a little destabilised. I was married to an alhoholic for 15 years, and there’s a lot of denial, secrecy, and manipulation in those kinds of relationships. So I think I might be feeling triggered as well.

My rational guess is that he’s curious and just finding out about the range of human experience that’s out there? But I also wonder, or worry (maybe feel) if maybe he’s attracted to men as women?

I definitely don’t think he’s attracted to men as men. That doesn’t seem to fit with what I’m feeling from him. And I know he absolutely adores me, and loves how feminine I am (I’m a very girly girl), especially when I’m looking extra girly.

I don’t know. This feeling is confusing me.

Does it even make sense? Can anyone shed some light?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Focus And Sunshine
      Participant

Oh, I wish I had read your follow on post first.

It’s OK.

He’s made some decisions of his own accord. And he’s taken a few actions towards those decisions of his own accord as well.

I have said that I feel safest to be on the sidelines, observing, for now.

I felt straight away, on Tuesday, that for me, the door into that room is firmly shut now.

And it’s me that has shut it and wants to keep it shut.

I’ve had as much of a think as I can have in not even a week. I need more time to see how my feelings develop, but I have told him that I want to be the woman in the relationship – the only woman in the relationship.

And I’m not looking for a man who gets off on the fantasy aspect of women’s clothes. Either by him wearing them, or seeing me trussed up in them.

If we are starting from ground zero, then this is where we are starting from.

These are the consequences of cheating and getting carried away with the fantasies in one’s head.

That’s as much as I can cope with. At the moment.

JeanieM
      Participant
      Registered On: October 31, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 10

Oh, I wish I had read your follow on post first.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      JeanieM
      Participant
      Registered On: October 31, 2020
      Replies: 10

Dear Focus and Sunshine,

I can appreciate your fiance’s fear. As you’ve read from all of the replies above, we have all expereinced this. Your partner is very lucky to have you. I also have a partner who is supportive, and even so, its not easy.

Here is my suggestion, based on my experience, and from what you have written. I believe Andrea is right, you must confront him, but in a loving and kind way. What I would suggest is tell him that you suspect he is keeping secrets from you, and that is not a good way to start a marriage. You seem to be accepting, so suggest you explore this toegther, but only if he is honest with you. Let him know it may cause you some concern, and you will in return be honest with him, and will work it out together. Honest is the key. Make him feel safe.

Plan a special night, soft lights, or whatever will make him comfortable, his favorite meal. Layout the clothes you know he likes. Take it slow, and I’d suggest you’d don’t broach his sexuality at first. Invite him to this site for instance, and read the posts and look at the photos of the girls. Ask him what he likes, tell him what you like and find alluring. If he says something that makes you uncomfortable, tell him but suggest that you’d like to discuss it more laster, to try to understand. Make him feel safe, not silly.

Go slow.

Without knowing more, this is my best advice.

Good luck, I hope it works out.

xxx Jeanie

Focus And Sunshine
      Participant

Trying to take all this in.

Sorry, I should have said this isn’t a ‘friend’ or anyone he knows. It’s someone who has been in the newspapers because he was a man and is now a woman and wants to be a model.

Araminta Purdy
      Participant
      Registered On: January 23, 2020
      Replies: 188

The only things I can think of at the moment are:

Yes, your concerns make sense.

No, you are not crazy. Nor is your situation particularly unusual.

Try to be open without being too pressuring and invite conversation.

Try to figure out what you want and need.

Anything more at this time would be speculative. Probably your biggest fears are security (i.e., security in your relationship but in other stuff as well) so this question becomes how do you resolve those fears?

Araminta.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Bettylou Cox
      Participant
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 1517

Hi, Ms Sunshine,

I’m sorry to read that you are having new problems with your guy.  Secrets between spouses are bad, and you are right to be upset about this.  My best guess is that he may be attracted to another CD in her femme persona, and is trying to figure out how to deal with it.  If it were me having these feelings, I would be upset, worried – and secretive – and probably wondering whether I might be gay.  You two really need to have a talk about this, but try to push without being confrontational.  He is probably as confused as you are, right now.

And for the record:  I have had strong feeling for other women, GGs, during my 56 years of marriage;  couldn’t help the feelings, but I could help what I did about them, which was nothing.  They did cause a bump in our marriage relationship, but we survived.  Here’s hoping the same for you.

Hugs,

Bettylou

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Robyn Devine
      Participant
      Registered On: October 24, 2020
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 375

As its been said, only he has the answers.  No that he doesn’t trust you, but trust is a huge deal.  Despite all of what he’s told you, he may not be ready to share about this person or why.  Keep being supportive and a soft place to fall for him.  Any woman knows the same thing, if you come at him accusatory or negative, he’ll clam up and you’ll never know.  Not to mention all the years/decades of hiding can take a long time to “de-program” from our brains.

Robyn

ANDREA RAVEN
      Participant
      Registered On: December 21, 2017
      Replies: 284

Hi Focus and Shine, this is a difficult one, the only real way you will find out is to confront him. But that may just make him clam up and refuse to talk about it at all. So what are the options, well firstly take a deep breath and step back for a moment, try to look at this calmly as you can. Firstly he may just be curious and nothing more than that, he may have befriended this person, (I have a number of crossdressing friends) perhaps for support and just friendship. But you have to consider he may be attracted to crossdressers, in my experience this is not uncommon although many will not admit to it. I’m guessing your feminine intuition is telling you it’s more than just a friend, well it might be. As I say a crossdressers often find other crossdressers attractive, it might be a case of like attracts like, or a kindred sprit. None of this means he will actually take it any further than just being curious. Sadly I can’t give you an answer, the only person that can really do that is your partner and talking about it is the only way through this. You could try talking about his crossdressing and then ask about friends, or perhaps suggest it might be good to meet other like minded souls, but be careful you don’t want to let him think you are giving him approval to get involved with someone. Or you could just ask him outright if he finds crossdressers attractive, he may not give you the answer you want, but you need to know the truth………

Sorry I can’t be more positive, but if you want to chat about do feel free to PM me…….

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Celeste Starre
      Participant
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 622

There is no way to know what exactly is going on with your fiance. The good news is he told you before marriage which many (most?) do not.  In my opinion the tricky part,marriage wise,  is not where we are with our cross dressing now but where we will be in the future and of course there is no way to answer that question.  My advice to is decide what is the worst case and can you live with it. As an example: If your SO someday feels they want to transition and live full time as a woman complete with hormones and surgery could you still love her and want to be with her? That’s rare but it does happen.  Good luck.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Carolyne Sherman
      Participant
      Registered On: February 20, 2018
      Replies: 272

Dear Focus and Sunshine, welcome to being involved with a cross dresser. I am sorry to say that most of us have had to hide ourselves from not only others, but ourselves. I am fortunate to have a wifey that has stuck with me and taught me how to be honest with not only her, but myself as well. Many of us have built a defense mechanism that entails lying to ourselves and denying to ourselves about many aspects of our own personalities, desires and needs. This lying or deceitful trait becomes so ingrained to protect us from the scorn and ridicule from others that many times we lie without need or want out of habit, ie; hows the weather (when its snowing and -20 with 40mph wind), great, a little brisk. I used to find myself hiding things that didn’t matter just because it was “easier” than telling the truth. This caused more problems than the actual dressing and took many years to correct. It also took me becoming mature enough to accept myself and not worry about what others thought. If you are in it for the long haul then be prepared to be patient and help bring your SO out of their shell through talking and supporting them. This may sound easy or even silly, but sometimes pushing for the truth and honesty can make them feel backed into a corner and cause more denial. I found that when we talked openly about little stuff after the conversation had UNINTERRUPTED time to develop the bigger issues would start to come out and allow me to be open and honest. Remind yourself from time to time that your SO has had to hide this and not slip up and out themself for many years and if you think a wild animal has a great self defense mechanism they have nothing on a closeted cross dresser. Be patient, open and keep the conversation light and easy and it will blossom into a deeper more open dialogue. Direct questions do feel like an interrogation and can force us to put up walls. I wish you the best as it seems you genuinely want to communicate and care. Also remind yourself what they are “hiding” may be as simple as wanting to see what other cd’s look like. The other extreme may be they know they are more tg than cd and just not ready to admit to themselves yet. Move slow and be patient and understanding, which you indicated you are. Good luck!  If you have any questions I will try to answer openly and without deception so feel free to pm if you think I could help.
      🍷C

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.