Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

As I was sitting at my computer tonight, I broke down into tears, I have had this feeling of guilt for not telling the people closest to me, that I CD. My friends, and I have been close for years, I value there input, listen to there advice. But this has been the hardest thing to share with them. Instead of telling them outright I figured the best was to tell them was a privet message over discord. So I typed it up, I waited until they were offline for the night and sent it out with allot of hesitation. eventually I just said F it. Smashed my hand down on the enter key of keyboard and sent it off.

At this point my stomach was doing flips, I was so scared of what was to come, I decided to call it an early night, so started getting my meds ready to go to bed. Just as I was looking for the last pill in my usual cocktail, My phone starts to ring. My mind started racing I didn’t know what to do, It was the one of my two friends I had just messaged. I thought he had gone to bed, I honestly though he would have the biggest problem with it, So I built up the courage to answer on his 3rd attempt to call, all I get on the other side of the phone when I say “hi”, Is “This doesn’t change anything between us I have known, you for 10+ years, I know you are who you are what you wear is none of my concern” At this point I start to cry again, we talk for a few mins and then he actually goes to bed and lets me go.

My other friend has not responded as of yet but he has a young child and goes to bed early every night, I hope it will go as smooth with him.

Hi Andrea.Just to let you know All the best with your second friend I hope all goes well.

That was brave of you and I’m happy the first was so acceptable of your life’s needs.

I honestly thought he would have the biggest issue with it, at least I know I am over that hurdle, he was also the one I am closest with.

I’m a little sad I don’t have a real life friend close enough to share this with, not including my wife of course!

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Such courage is such an inspiration for us all, Andrea.  I hope all goes well with your other friend.  I to am telling family,half way though my 4 brothers, only I decided to tell the face to face.  So far all has gone well.  We all need to decide what is the best way for each person to tell.

Good luck                 Sandy

[Update] So my other friend called me this morning, he was trying to figure out a way to be supportive without making a joke about it. And finally decided on calling as the words just weren’t coming to him. He was super supportive and wanted to let me know that nothing will change between us as well.

Hi Andrea . I am so pleased to hear that your second friend was so supporting to you you truly have great friends all the best.

Hi Andrea,

That certainly took a whole lot of courage and I’m so happy it worked out! The only person that knows about my crossdressing is my wife and thankfully, she is very supportive.

Have a wonderful New Year!

Heather

Anonymous

It’s a bold decision to let others ‘in’ on something that’s so personal and cherished to ourselves. I suppose if they’re genuine friends, they should openly accept without any kind of strings attached. I have friends myself back home that still don’t know this side of me, I just kind of accept that I have ‘moved-on’ with aspects of my life and there’s no need to dredge anything up now. To each their own though and I admire your bravery. – I hope things go as you wish.

All the best. x

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

It took a lot of courage to come out to your 2 best friends. Moments like these are what defines true friendship. It took courage for them as well. They probably don’t understand but will support you anyway. They may know people that wouldn’t approve, and that could create challenges for them as well. You are fortunate to have such good friends.

I recently came out to an old friend that’s gay. He wasn’t surprised. He told me he’s always known there was ‘something more’ about me. But he didn’t think it would take 35 years to find out. Later that day he put me in touch with some local women that’ve transitioned.

Best of luck to you.

Katey Doe
      Lady

Hi Andrea, that’s great news. It did take a lot of courage to do that. You sound like a strong lady. I wish you the best of luck with your other friend. Thank you for sharing your story. Hugs Katey

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Relationship Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?