Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Guy or girl, I’m a geek. I’m a huge nerd and fan of so many geeky things through and through. When I’m dressing up, I think it’s fun to represent the fandoms I love, like wearing graphic tees of my favorite games or heroes.

Lately, I’ve been really admiring super heroines, other strong and striking female characters and, more specifically, cosplayers. I love their craft and their work (when you think about, being a CD is a lot like being a cosplayer).

So, a dream of mine is to cosplay as Wonder Woman and soon. I love her costume and her character, but I also love what she represents: courage, strength, hope, femininity and beauty. I want to be her, or as close as I can.

What strong female characters inspire you? Who do you want to be when you grow up?

Long live, Nerds.  We are the ones who keep the world moving forward.

In looking back, I realize that I have often found myself connecting with the heroines of the stories that I read.  From an early age, I recall wondering why feminine characters were only in supporting roles in traditional science fiction.  I cannot describe how much I am enjoying seeing this standard changing over the past decade.

Enough, waxing, my favorite heroines include Honor Harrington, Princess Ariel (pilot of the Blue Lion of Voltron), Wonder Woman, and Katniss Everdeen.  To be honest, reading about a confident woman kicking ass and taking names while project beauty and intelligence is always will always be attractive.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Hi Vanessa. I can’t see myself modelling any super heros’ as they are not real and their values represent Hollywoods’ ideas. My body would not do justice to any super hero, actress, public figure, sigh. Well I guess I just want to be and look the best I can with good ole country girl values. Am looking forward to see what some of the other girls want to be like.

Lady Veronica

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

I think it’s just natural to think of yourself, once fully dressed, as someone else. We do take on a female name. With the recent flood of super hero movies lately, it’s not surprising you want to pretend to be a female super hero.

Xan
      Lady

“Crossplay” is a thing, and it looks like lots of fun. I would love to try Wonder Woman, but I think I’d rather give She Hulk a go. Or Warriana from the most recent season of Venture Brothers.

I saw a shirt the other day that said “Always be yourself…unless you can be She Hulk. Then always be She Hulk.” Pretty sure that’s lifted from a Batman joke, but I’d much rather be She Hulk than Batman.

Anonymous

I love cosplay. Really never thought of being a super heroine. My SO & I often enjoy role reversal which leads to interesting situations.

Helena
      Lady

One look at my profile pic speaks for itself, lol! So happy to see a post like this.

The Huntress is such an icon to me. When I tried on my first purple one piece bathing suit, she was who I was imagining to be. She’s so fierce, takes no one’s bs, and at times was sassy (kinda like me sorta lol!). So obsessed with her, but I’m totally a comics geek. Her fierceness just spoke to me, brought my femme side out of me.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>If i were to cosplay as someone then i would go for Gamora or Sylvanas (WoW player here, have always preffered playing female characters).</p>
      London Comic Con this weekend, should be fun!

CB x

I would cosplay as Rem.  Who’s Rem?

Hi Vanessa,
      Gee, I would settle for looking like Diana Prince… I love WW and really embrace all of the female super heroines, they are so much more interesting than the masc counterparts. which WW do you like? since I am of a certain era, I tend to go with Lynda Carter – but I did enjoy the recent movie.
      looking forward to Captain Marvel…

Julie,

Lynda Carter is so iconic, but I was so taken with Gal Gadot in her recent movie I really want to emulate her take on the character. And same, I can’t wait for Captain Marvel

Not a super hero, but certainly from the geek universe, I’d love to play Dr. Beverly Crusher.  Such a gorgeous redhead who could heal broken bones in a heartbeat and got to fly around the galaxy.

Well, I have a difficult time trying to put a name down which hasn’t already been noted. But I think MacKenzie put a name out there which is my most favorite space opera character to read. If I were to be able to be or portray any female heroine real or fictional I would definitely pick Honor Harrington. If you have never heard nor read of the character Honor Harrington then you need to read “At Basilisk Station” by David Weber. He is a tremendously enjoyable author and brings this character to life. As for a heroine she is not only beautiful and brilliant but a genius at space naval combat tactics and has read a lot of wet navy history so she uses some of those tactics in her battle plans. I apologize for being a bit profuse on a book character but this character is just so well rounded and good it makes the books a quick read and enjoyable to boot. Next time you are at a book store look in the sci-fi section and find Weber, David. There are quite a few books written by him but try the Honor Harrington series on for size. If you love sci-fi like I do then you will love these books. Love ❤️ and hugs 🤗

Danielle💋👠

Anonymous

Catwoman simple as that, once did dress like her and walked around town nothing on except the cat suit with false breast and knee length black leather boots me…..ow! Loved it Deborah x

Anonymous

I was 12 when the Wonder Woman TV series came to the UK.  The boys at school ridiculed me for watching it: by some bizarre logic of theirs, watching a beautiful woman throwing bad guys around meant I was gay.  Huh?  It became another secret love along with the crossdressing.  I often did that arms out & spin just hoping for that flash of light…

As such I’ve often craved a Wonder Woman costume, but now that I’ve aged I think its too late for me.  Then along comes Gal Gadot in that lovely armour and I start the craving again.

Wonder Woman has been shown older with grey hairs in some variations of the comics (eg. Kingdom Come,) so I guess I should never say never.

And if I am still feeling rather too mature for that, there’s always Victoria from the Red movies!

There are a lot of good options: Batgirl, Lara Croft, Princess Leia, etc. If I had to pick just one, though, it would have to be Toa Gali from Bionicle. She’s strong and companionate, as well as understands the value of unity. Plus, she is my favorite color and has awesome water powers.

A star trek woman, the short skirt, long sleeves, hose, and black boots.  But yes, wonder woman, super girl.  Even the male superheros wear tights.  You had to wear tights to be batman or robin as a kid.

Anonymous

I’m a Star Wars geek, and have the collection of novels and comics that tie in during and after the movie series. One of these characters introduced is Mara Jade. She served as an Emporer’s Hand, an assassin, until he was destroyed in Return of the Jedi. She became a smuggler for years until she met Luke Skywalker and he eventually convinced her to train as a Jedi.  She’s depicted as a really gorgeous redhead in illustrations and people cosplay her at the Comic-Cons and Star Wars conventions. If I were to ever cosplay, I would attempt to be her.

Anonymous

My Wonderwoman is my sis In Law. Taught me how to dress. Lifted her hem to show how it should look😍

Anonymous

Nerd? geek? Guilty as charged.

MacKenzie’s reply hit a chord with me – Honor Harrington being a favourite sci-fi character (Heinlein’s ‘Friday’ being another fave. Lara Croft? Leia?).

I have read that many CDers actually put women on a pedestal, and aspire to those heights. I think there is truth in that and superhero women resonates with them.

Or is it Jung-ian? yin and yang, anima/animus and it is just that the female part of our persona is stronger in some males?

Yeah, geek here too. Love the idea of Wonder Woman… strong, confidant, graceful. Haven’t seen the film yet, but Gal Gadot Looked amazing in the trailers.
      More recent heroines? I guess Ellen Ripley from Aliens (first two films, not the others) – again confident, resourceful, doesn’t take any shit from anyone, but also kind and warm, and, even wearing a flight suit and carrying a flame thrower, still feminine.
      Triss Merigold from The Witcher series. Another sassy lady (and a sorceress too!)

Whenever I get a chance to make my own character in a computer game, I usually pick a female one 😀

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Total geek, nerd, whatever, here as well.  Besides this year’s Halloween costume of Dr. Girlfriend, i think Morticia Addams,  Mrs. Peel from the Avengers, though i would have to do a ton of exercise, and Lala Wards’ Romana from Dr. Who.  Would love to wear her outfits.  Speaking of Dr. Who,  would also have to say Zoe as well. She wore some awesome mini dresses.

This may be one of my favorite forum topics…. Geek or nerd I claim both! I love so many different characters from comics and Sci-Fi… Far too many to only choose one.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?