Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Elaine
      Duchess

On chat yesterday someone said ‘I don’t want to pass but I do want to look the best I can’ or something like that. I’ve been thinking about that and have taken it to heart. So today I dressed up as nice as I could then went out to run some errands. I ended up at the grocery store during the Friday afternoon rush hour. I made it thru the shopping experience uneventful – as usual a couple people looked at me a second time and snickered. As I was approaching my car a lady approached and said “excuse me mam, I noticed you in the store and wanted to tell you that we have allot in common” So I said “are you a crossdresser also” She said “no but my partner is”. Then she gave me a business card for a local church and invited me to attend. I haven’t been to church in over 30 years because I know they wouldn’t accept me as I am, but she says at her church they would. I probably won’t attend because I am not spiritual anymore but it was good to know that someone understands and cares. So thank you whoever said it – I know I don’t pass but I can look as good as I can which makes me non-threatening to others.

Anonymous

What a nice story Dayle.  I too in the beginning of my journey years ago was very afraid to go out thinking I wouldn’t “pass”.  When I finally found the courage to go out for the first time…well, you’d just need to read the Forum post I wrote about that…..the most important advise I can share with you today is ~always~ go with confidence, look folks in the eye, smile and if you have to, MAKE THEM talk to you.  Take smaller strides when you walk, relax your shoulders but keep you head up. Dress for your age and for the occasion.  Only then will the public start to see that we’re not the types Jerry Springer made folks believe back in the day.  Good on you GF!  🙂

Anonymous

Hello Dayle,

As I said in my ‘Pondering’ article, I really dislike the term ‘passing’ because for so many of us being taken as a genetic woman is just not likely the moment we speak or as soon as anyone gets close.

Like Denise advises, dressing well and appropriately, then going forth showing confidence (even if we don’t totally feel that confident) will gain more respect from others and acceptance is far more likely to happen.

I am so happy that you’ve let us all know of yet another positive experience.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Dayle-stories like yours give me and others confidence as we take those first tentative steps out into the world! thank you for sharing this wonderful vignette!

I recently went on holidays up the coast (New South Wales, Australia) and was due to have my acrylic nails touched up. I made an appointment  and got dressed nice and casual and attended my nail appointment.  I was more than half way through my appointment when I said to the technician, you must have worked it out that I am not a female.  Well she dropped her nail file, jumped back in her chair and gasped, you have to be kidding.  She had not picked it.  I felt terrific.  Then we chatted about crossdressing for the rest of the appointment.  It was a truly wonderful experience. Now all the girls that work in the Salon know that I am a male trying to live as a female. They think it is great which makes me feel more comfortable and more accepted.  Love to all, be kind to each other. Gloria Janine

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?