Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stephanie
      Baroness

I know this is a cross dressing site, dressing is literally in the name but I wonder how many of you from the CD community think genetic women only care about and are interested in their outwardly appearance? All of the posts I’ve read follow along the same narrative when you are talking about your wives and girlfriends – She is self conscious of her age/ she is jealous of my pretty clothes/ I have better taste in shoes. It is all so very superficial so yeah it’s got me thinking what do cross dressers really believe genetic women care about the most?

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Stephanie!  Great question too!  I’ll agree with you that many have an ideal image of what a GG should look and dress like.  I would think that most ciswomen concern themselves with the usual stuff – health, family, getting bills paid,  and so on.

Oh, and they worry about equal rights, discrimination at work, being assaulted walking home at night,  concerns over their reproductive rights, etc. etc.

Unlike many of us, a GG does not have to “dress pretty” to feel like a woman.  Crossdressers  become obsessed with the clothes because that’s what many need to feel feminine.  A GG does not.  So they concern themselves with the more important things in life.

It is all rather superficial, with a dash of misogyny thrown in at times.  It’s the derogatory nature of some comments towards women that bothers me most.  We criticize those who we try to emulate, and I’m sure it is in part out of envy.  It might help us be more accepted if we were not so “high and mighty” with our attitude of how women should present themselves.  Frankly it’s pretty damn arrogant of some to tell a GG how we think they should dress, not very productive in the long run either.  They are not the ones with anything to prove.   We should cut them some slack, the way we hope they cut us some slack.

Just my take on things. 🙂

Stevie

I don’t claim to know the mind of a woman, but I would most women want to marry a man and have a family. My father took MS when I was 3 years old, my sister was 9. Mum had to bring us up and work and look after my father with very little help. He got worse and ended up in a hospital ward that was for MS patients. My mum could have walked away. They married in 1943 and he died in 1980 aged 70. Even when he was in hospital mum faithfully went to see him work and looked after us. She eventually ended up herself in it and had to curtail visits to my father. We come from a working class area of East Belfast, most of us had it tough growing up. This may or not be the typical example of the mindset of a woman, but it’s the way I perceive the women of the area I grew up. These where women who stood by their men. My mum done her best we never wanted, she dressed very smart and casual at times and when I joined clubs at special events she wore lovely clothes.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Elizabeth(Liz). Reason: Wanted to add more of how my mum dressed

Good morning.  I am a genetic woman (and I am assuming you are as well) and I find myself a bit taken aback by this post. I cannot speak for any of the ladies here, but I do know how my own husband feels.  Christine evolved out of the love and appreciation of beautiful women.  His admiration of beautiful women is what drew him to love dresses and make-up and the female form.  There are quite a few over 40 ladies on this site and as one myself (52) it is natural to be self-conscious of our wrinkles, breasts that are a little lower than a few years back and back-side that is a little wider.  And yes, there are times when I am a bit envious of the way a dress fits Christine, (she is over 6 feet tall with amazing legs and 6 pack abs), or a really great pair of shoes in her closet, but that by no means makes me superficial!  Also, take into account the pressure that the media puts women to look younger, prettier, thinner.  Just because a genetic woman has the right body parts, does not mean they wake up feeling any prettier or feminine than any genetic man who dresses does.  It takes work as well.   To say that is all genetic women care about the most, is not only unfair, but ignorant and mean!  

Thank you. This is a wonderful response.

Anonymous

A true admirer sees beyond the wrinkles to the character.
        in which case there is hope for me😊

Anya 😊

Anonymous

Perhaps we have landed on another question affecting all.

We have a common factor. We are human.

As such we are educated, given experiences, shown models of historical behaviour and we share the vast array of common behaviour today. Much of that which we learn of others might be tainted by the methods we receive them by. ( News broadcasts – or direct experience .)
      Imagine the experience of an orphan child in a country currently in turmoil. They see conflict, love, hate, and destruction. They also see these in a very different proportion to the world that many of us see.

Imagine the life of a victim of abuse. Trust is a word they barely believe because whatever came their way was not based on trust.

Imagine your own friends and neighbours. Perhaps they were brought up with similar education. Yet life may have led them along a more frightening route than your own.

It is desirable that we learn compassion, empathy, the ability to trust and the altruism to be generous. However, life will coexist with variety of outcomes. We inevitably may walk the same paths but we are different.

Concord, harmony, consideration, being unselfish and forgiving one another is part of the pathway to a better existence. Call it what you will- an aim to live a “ better” life.
      We preach about being supportive and “ at one with each other”. Be honest, there are many times we fail. I would suggest this is that humans have selfish traits- some of us diffuse these better than others.

Perhaps our biggest faults occur when we put mouths and words before thought and selflessness.

Whilst we have zero tolerance of  hate and violence, it has not prevented it. Maybe the responses to such need to find a more constructive way to CHANGE it.
      Maybe we fail to find out why ignorance is an excuse for intolerable behaviour.

Without a will to overcome these worse scenarios of being human we prevent CHANGE.  Without compassion you may never understand those who live in ignorance.

Sanctions are required to punish wilful destroyers of the immense  potential of good which many humans have. The administration of such is not easy. Ask a prison guard.

However, their must be a purpose for improvement, if we desire it so much.

We do ourselves no favours unless we become part of the solution. Crying is a mechanism of need. And the way our world behaves makes me cry.

I can only do a little. I hope and pray that something good derives from my desire to heal someone, something, prevent a fallout or tend a crying child who does not know how to escape the world’s cruelty.

I often think that “ Children In Need” actually does a little positive something to those who give, indeed those who can give. Some giving is exhibited in action, not just finance.

Yes, I know it’s difficult, maybe too difficult. But even I learned to ride a bike, lend a hand, and keep quiet when annoyed in self anger.

As I used to say- you can think it- but don’t say it- you can make it or break it- but if you want a “ better world” you have to shovel it too.

Of course, I’m a master of purity!!!!!

I include myself in this desperate need for change.

If this causes some thought and progress, I am delighted.

Keep praising the good and it might just happen  – a better world, here and afar.

I have been deliberately shy of any political or business implications. I am aware of the complexities here.

Attitude, Desire, Commitment, Unity.

Thank you.

Anya

Anonymous

Hi Stephanie,

I’m not sure I’ve exchanged posts with you before, but I’m happy to share.

I met my wife to be when she was maybe 35, and I was 7 years older. I remember she only did (half) full on make up twice – and then it was by one of the daughters ( for our stone soup marriage), and a bells and whistles wedding of her very good friend that she was determined to attend – I had to hire my gear from Moss Bros or some such – I don’t do man “dressing up” but for one time only resistance was futile. She didn’t do her curly hair though, just a comb through..

She had two little girls when we met and not long separated and we all grew to spend more and more time together. She was a feminist, and scared men sometimes (often?) but more than a few learned to love her. Although when we got serious, I had (well intentioned) words of advice as to whether I knew what I was getting into! Pure silliness, of course I didn’t.

She loved her kids, and part of her feminism came from a desire that her daughters not have to put up with what she went through growing up. I had no problems with that. She taught 7 – 11 year olds who thought she was a terrifying dragon but most left school with a true appreciation of her loving nature.

She rarely dressed up – constantly in flip flops, the bare minimum to keep tidy, but always dressed for comfort. And the very first thing she’d do on coming home was to rip her bra off (no not for a mad orgy lol )

… Oh dear, this is turning into a novel, I realise I could go on forever. But hopefully you get the picture.

Marti xxx

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hmm…

Can’t speak on behalf of all women, but I can for my SO.

What my SO cares about most is her “to do list” as well as the rest of the family’s. She loves being focused, driven, efficient, and honest. Nothing turns her on more than watching me scribble my to do list: (1) motorcycle oil change, (2) attach windshield to speed excessively , (3) go for a ride …

Our two children learned early on that if they ever give us flack about getting their homework/chores done by saying, “We’ll get to it!” as they blow up another video game automobile, then our response is, “What’s wrong with NOW!?”

Me and my SO don’t comment about each other’s appearance, unless things get obviously unruly, like my long hair if I haven’t shaped it in a while. I’ve gotten good at giving myself haircuts (imo) and I’m growing it as long as I can.

My SO has shorter hair than me and has that “Tom Boy” look. I like it! So I NEVER say anything like, “I wish you’d look more feminine for me”. I think I’ve got that one covered! LOL!

My only wish is for me to go out en femme with her. It may just come true if our Gay Pride Parade resumes once we pass this nasty plague. I would love to go all dressed the the nines and meet other crossdressers and transgendered folks just to share experiences and show each other support.

Hugs, Barb 🤗

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Barb I am soooo looking forward to next years Pride parade.  I was all ready to go  this year, but will have to wait till next year.  It would be great, and so much more fun, for a bunch of us to meet  there!! 🙂

Stevie

Barb Wire
          Lady

Copy that, Stevie!

I’m on the pridetoronto.com website and I don’t yet see a date for 2022. And other sites just say “TBA”

I’m ready to bust loose!

🏳‍🌈 Barb :B

Anonymous

Keep us posted please Barb.

Barb Wire
            Lady

Will do, Heather, and thanks!

:B

Anonymous
      Lady

What do genetic women care about the most? Security.

Anonymous

Life…… That’s the Bottom Line, The Starting point for all of us.. Family, Friends, Love and Everything in between!! As Stevie said “We Emulate Them” Why? Because Most of us want to be them or we wouldn’t be doing what we are doing!! Sure Dressing is a Big Part of both worlds but it’s not what Defines them or us for that matter.. Brains, Heart, Beauty, Love,.. Woman…What a Wonderful Creation, Don’t you think??

I personally like to crossdress because I like the fact that women have more style of clothing to choose from. I know that I will never be a woman, I’m just a man who likes women’s clothes and would like to wear them

Right? I shop at Kohl’s almost exclusively in the woman’s section because things are more stylish and truthfully, fit me much better than anything off the shelf on the men’s side of the store. It’s far more fun – at least for me it is.

I believe everybody is different Stephanie. And that’s wonderful.

Fashion sense and how important it is to someone is a very personal thing. A spectrum  from loving fashion and being fashionable to not caring as long as it fits and covers the body. And that’s fine, live and let live.

Generally speaking I think it is something women pay more attention to.  And let’s face it women have much more interesting fashionable clothes, shoes, jewellery, accessories, purses, scarfs, hairstyles, skin and nail care, make up etc etc.

I guess part of it is peer pressure, especially among the young, or looking your best to try to attract, or keep a partner, or just pride in how you look. I’m not religious, think there is nothing wrong with being proud of how you look.

If you love fashion, why wouldn’t you want to be a woman! or jump into their wonderful world as we do.

Many women just want something that fits and is functional. And that’s also the world most men inhabit.

❤️Bianca

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Relationship Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?