Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi there,

I’m not sure whether this is the correct forum and I’m really nervous to cause anybody any offense but please hear me out and any assistance would be appreciated.

OK, I’m currently doing research on straight men within the cross-dressing or transvestite community.  I am a final year psychology student and we are required to highlight minority communities.  I chose your community.  I am not a cross-dresser, in fact, I am not even a part of the LGBTQI community… However, I am a strong advocate for this community and am hoping to (once I qualify) cater for the needs of this community.

Please, if anybody would assist me with more information about  the cross-dressing community within SA, support groups, interesting reads, personal stories, etc so that I can gain a more comprehensive view, which will allow me to (as an outsider) raise awareness and of course acceptance, I would be so grateful.  I live in Durban so if there is anything local, please let me know.

I believe every human  being deserves the same recognition and respect as the next. Equality is a subject very close to my heart and I hope to raise awareness in the most respectful and accurate way.

Hello Dr. Wolff………you came to the right place. I am sure some of our girls would be able to assist you with your quest. I am a Psychology student as well……however, my studies have been directly with people I have met in my life and journeys on the road. As a medic from the Army, I worked some of my tour time in the psyche wards and offices in the Highland area of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia/thailand as well as at some hospitals and in the field…just a hobby of mine. I assist people in the LGBT area as well. If you have q’s…drop me a line…my door is always open…come in and set a spell……..let’s chat.

Lady Veronica Graunwolf

Oh thank you for the warm welcome. I’m so grateful.

I’m really not that well informed about the cross dressing community but hope to change that.  I actually only really began paying attention when I started watching RuPaul’s Drag Race a few years ago (I must sound so cliche). I was blown away by the love and compassion I saw on the show and grew to have such enormous respect for the drag community.

I did notice though that it was only homosexual or trans individuals on the show… if I may ask, are heterosexual men who crossdress not as accepted or simply not as common? Xxx

Anonymous
      Lady

Doctor Wolff. I am cautiously but optimistically responding to your post. I understand the stated intent is data for a research paper and would be willing to have further discussions with you, however it would be nice to know if you have any published scientific papers that might be available to read so not only me but other ladies might learn about you as well as you learning about us. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like further discussion.

🍷C

Dr. Wolff. Hi again. Actually most cross dressers are heterosexual men……it is huge in Southeast Asia….Lady Boys. There it is more of an avenue to make a living in the sex trade as it is to be a real women by desire. Acceptance??? Well….we have problems with society accepting us as we are “different” outside the norm as it were. That is slowly changing as society gets more used to us. Same goes for LGBT groups. Taking the popularity of Movie Stars (who, really are not real people but playing in character), you would think that we would not have a problem. Religious zealots have played a big role in our non acceptance as well. Mostly, it is a psychological shift away from being a male and all the trappings to try something different, opposite if you will. Certainly, some of it is sexual in nature but that generally dies off with time and practice. The clothing is much more varied and of different genteler fabrics and this is highly desireable as well. There are some really good books on Amazon Kindle about these topics….do check some of them out….especially Alice Doesn’t Live here Anymore.  Great insight into one man/girls change over. Hope this answers one question for you and points you in the right direction to enlightenment.

Lady Veronica

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

Hello, Dr. Wolff. There are a lot of different levels of crossdressers from the simple crossdresser happy to just to wear a dress to the advance crossdresser who want to become a female physically. Not all crossdressers are gay or bisexual. Some, like myself, are heterosexual and have no desire to become a female physically. I’m also not convinced that it’s a psychological problem. I favor the belief that it’s a physical problem where the brain did not completely changed to male. Some of the brain stayed female. In a way, it seems to be a visual obsession. Once fully dress, crossdressers become obsess with mirrors and even enjoy having their pictures taken.

Edie Majeski

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘I would love to learn more about cross-dressing’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?