• This topic has 37 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi all,

I would love to hear some small changes that I can make over the course of weeks/months that would be hardly noticeable to those I live with.

Things like skin care or nails or anything else that might help.

Currently I am closeted and no longer get “girl” time since we are in lockdown.

Any ideas or thoughts would be super helpful.

Andi

Your on the right track.  Anything that could be better grooming habits.  From shaving your face regularly, washing your face and moisturizing.  Moisturizing in general. Trimming and filing your finger and toe nails.

Watch a guy and girl when you say “smell check!”  A guy immediately sniffs his armpit while GG’s grab a lock of their hair and sniff.  WHY?  Hair holds odor.  So things like shaving your pits or at least using clippers and taking down body hair works.

Any act of taking better care of yourself is one step closer.  Especially being you dont want to attract attention.

Robyn

Anonymous

I agree with Robyn.

For myself, I’ve been trying to do my moisturiser routine each night before bed (face, hands, elbows). And since I tend to have very dry lips, lip balm as well (a bit like clear lipstick).

Consider going and getting a mani-pedi. You can get clear polish, matte doesn’t show, and a natural or very light pink on your toes.
      You can get clear mascara too if yo want to try that.
      And a nice deoderant – perhaps get your SO, if you have one, to pick a nice one for you?

Thank you Candy!!

She’s right.  Lip balm is a biggie too!  Dry, cracked lips are a pain. Same for the deodorant.  In girl mode I use Secret clear gel with a nice scent to it.  Works better than any guy version!

Robyn

I was going to ask how to do a self mani pedi as all the salons here are closed. My town is in Covid lockdown until january

Things I do every day, and nobody notices: lip color that matches my natural lip color, plus clear gloss. Most anyone might notice “do you use chapstick?” Also clear nail polish. You can use may finish, but I use a medium gloss. “Yeah, I get brittle nails, this protects them”, not that anyone has said anything. I underdress every day, panties and a cami or sleeping bra. And as bad been said, raise your grooming game. I did that too. I’m only out to my wife, she’s tolerant, even supportive, God bless her. Nobody else is really observant enough, or interested enough to notice anything.

Anonymous

[postquote quote=412014]

If you are in lockdown, I can only suggest a few how-to videos.

OMG That is soooooo awesome!!! thank you so much!!!

I may have questions later but this is great to start.

well I tried to do a self Mani. I need to practice alot more LOL.

What do you all think?

first self mani try

Emily
      Lady

Totally agree with all the suggestions made! I also keep my eyebrows trimmed and shaped. You can do it a bit at a time so it’s not as noticeable as all at once. Trimming body hair that shows, or shaving what doesn’t is good too. I also keep my fingernails longish and shaped, again something you can do in stages so the change is not as noticeable. Underdressing to whatever degree you feel comfortable with is nice. I use a foundation daily on my face that matches my skin tone nearly perfectly. It smooths out the wrinkles some and smells lovely.
      Overall, most people are not as observant as we would believe. And, if someone does notice something, have an explanation ready as has been mentioned.

Anonymous

Depending on your age? & if not & your to young for this to be happening to you than perhaps anyone else reading this that’s the age of getting gray hairs & your starting to dress up you can start to SHAVE (everywhere) & if anyone asks??? Ya just tell them,,,, I don’t like these gray hairs,,, anywhere on my body &,,,, I’m just not ready to accept yet that this is happening to me that I’m becoming older,,,, now leave me alone lol 😆

Leonara
        Ambassador

At 72, age has it’s advantages … Ineed to shave 95% of the body every two weeks and winter is very acccomodating for that smooth feminine feeling
        I’ve only used the curly grey hair response once ..
        And that was to my doctor lol
        To all the pretty ladies Be well and stay safe😷
        Leonara xo

Anonymous

Yes,,,, indeed 👍

If you go gradually those among you will hardly notice.

Steffy
      Lady

Candi mentioned two of the things I do every day.  And I work in a very male dominated sector.

1.  Women’s deodorant.

2. Clear mascara.  You can get it everywhere.

I have never seen or heard of clear mascara!!! I will have to look for it next time im at the drug store.

Any suggestions on the deoderant? I have to use ones with no aluminum or I breakout.

Thanks

Especially in your high heels, practice walking by repetitively putting one foot in front of your other. It is a feminine gait that swings our hips subtly and sexily to attract male notice.

If your gait succeeds in that purpose, well, have fun.

Wish I had some heels. Saving up to see if I can get some.

You can practice foot placement, hip movement, and arm swing without the heels.

Other than watching ciswomen, do you have any resources for learning? Like a guide or excersizes?

I know some folks on here can explain it a lot better than me, but start with placing your feet one directly in front of the other when you walk. Keep the inside, or crook, of your elbow facing forward. Take shorter steps. Allow your hips the freedom to sway a bit as you move. Hold yourself straight up, not slouching, keep your head up, and eyes front, not down. It’s a start.

Bridgette vS

I will give those tips a try thank you!!

Stacey
            Lady

Great advice. Especially the part about looking forward. Good posture and don’t worry about looking down to see how you look. Let other people look and see how beautiful you are.

Stacey
            Lady

Keep your elbows in… Men’s elbows out women’s elbows in.

Question, does that mean turn your elbows in so that your palms face forward or am I misunderstanding?

Stacey
            Lady

I think the answer is yes. I have not thought about it that way but yes putting your elbows in does sort of turn your hands out. I try to walk with my elbows closer to my waist so that they’re let’s say under my shoulders or closer to my body.

that is very helpful thanks

Anonymous

I have started using hair removal from the very top of my legs..so when I put my 120 denier pull ups on you can see no hair above. I also unfortunately have a hairy bottom, the hair has mysteriously disappeared. Erm, I have but my under arm hair quite short. I have been snipping my eye brows shorter and shaping them through plucking. My leg hair will eventually go, I took up road cycling during the first lock down. I am a bit of a health creek and happen to run 50k trails any but as a cyclist, I need to remove my leg hair not for aerodynamic reasons but because because of you come off and scrap your leg, you likely to get your hair stuck in the graze, which I am told is extremely painful to remove. Not that I intend to come off, it is just a convoluted way of shaving my legs… Sigh, what I will do to feel more feminine haha. Oh and I have been using my hair clippers to shorten my arm hair..

What hair removal have you been using? shaving? dipilitory?

Anonymous

I have been shaving but I am going to start using a cream. For some reason I get ingrowing hairs, which are unsightly and also irritating. Hoping that resolves the issue. How about you? x

I started shaving but got tons of razor bumps too. I use coconut oil on it and that really helps a bunch and makes my skin so soft and silky. That said I am going to try using a cream to see if that works better. I do have very sensitive skin so I hope it does not give me a rash.

Anonymous

When I first started, I was using Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer. Burt’s Bees has a lot of chapstick type lip products. They sell them at Walmart and some grocery stores in the cosmetic section. You can pick a light pinkish color and usually get away with wearing it and no one will know.

Kay

If you mean infinitely small changes over tedious periods of time try losing weight.

No, wait!

Let’s make this a really tricky!

Try losing weight during a pandemic!

But seriously, it is my contention that the basis of Beauty is good-health. Thus, seen critically and aesthetically, Beauty is infinite in its variations. Consider the range of figures, sizes, shapes, colouring, facial features that likely encompasses 80% of the world population and the rest is creative embellishment.

Araminta.

Anonymous

Simple answer: Hair.
      I am assuming that you are not having balding issues. If you are I apologize.
      My story might help.

Colour: Years ago as the white hairs started showing up my stylist Ashley suggested blonde highlights to hide them. Over several years we increased the intensity of the blonde and as well the number of highlights until one day….Ashley said, you know…you’re almost there. This will cost less month to month and it will be easier on your hair. Trust me. And so I did and a couple of hours later I was a full blonde.
      At the same time I was letting my hair grow out. Getting to the ponytail stage, which is easy to sell in drab, was a bit of a mess for about eight months , but I got some clip in extensions and made a faux pony tail.

The thing is that no one really cared, or at least said anything. Now my lovely blonde hair is well past my shoulders and I love what I can do with it as a girl.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?