- November 27, 2020 at 7:17 pm #411538Andi PersephoneParticipantRegistered On: November 25, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 34Has thanked: 81 timesBeen thanked: 108 times
I would love to hear some small changes that I can make over the course of weeks/months that would be hardly noticeable to those I live with.
Things like skin care or nails or anything else that might help.
Currently I am closeted and no longer get “girl” time since we are in lockdown.
Any ideas or thoughts would be super helpful.
- December 29, 2020 at 7:14 am #424545HariettaLadyRegistered On: December 13, 2016Topics: 88Replies: 193Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 1076 times
Simple answer: Hair.
I am assuming that you are not having balding issues. If you are I apologize.
My story might help.
Colour: Years ago as the white hairs started showing up my stylist Ashley suggested blonde highlights to hide them. Over several years we increased the intensity of the blonde and as well the number of highlights until one day….Ashley said, you know…you’re almost there. This will cost less month to month and it will be easier on your hair. Trust me. And so I did and a couple of hours later I was a full blonde.
At the same time I was letting my hair grow out. Getting to the ponytail stage, which is easy to sell in drab, was a bit of a mess for about eight months , but I got some clip in extensions and made a faux pony tail.
The thing is that no one really cared, or at least said anything. Now my lovely blonde hair is well past my shoulders and I love what I can do with it as a girl.
- December 23, 2020 at 5:15 pm #422384Araminta PurdyLadyRegistered On: January 23, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 253Has thanked: 343 timesBeen thanked: 858 times
If you mean infinitely small changes over tedious periods of time try losing weight.
Let’s make this a really tricky!
Try losing weight during a pandemic!
But seriously, it is my contention that the basis of Beauty is good-health. Thus, seen critically and aesthetically, Beauty is infinite in its variations. Consider the range of figures, sizes, shapes, colouring, facial features that likely encompasses 80% of the world population and the rest is creative embellishment.
- December 23, 2020 at 4:02 pm #422348AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 19Replies: 701Has thanked: 8063 timesBeen thanked: 3827 times
When I first started, I was using Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer. Burt’s Bees has a lot of chapstick type lip products. They sell them at Walmart and some grocery stores in the cosmetic section. You can pick a light pinkish color and usually get away with wearing it and no one will know.
- December 23, 2020 at 4:40 pm #422363
- December 23, 2020 at 3:54 pm #422341Charlotte GainsbourgLadyRegistered On: December 15, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 92Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 384 times
I have started using hair removal from the very top of my legs..so when I put my 120 denier pull ups on you can see no hair above. I also unfortunately have a hairy bottom, the hair has mysteriously disappeared. Erm, I have but my under arm hair quite short. I have been snipping my eye brows shorter and shaping them through plucking. My leg hair will eventually go, I took up road cycling during the first lock down. I am a bit of a health creek and happen to run 50k trails any but as a cyclist, I need to remove my leg hair not for aerodynamic reasons but because because of you come off and scrap your leg, you likely to get your hair stuck in the graze, which I am told is extremely painful to remove. Not that I intend to come off, it is just a convoluted way of shaving my legs… Sigh, what I will do to feel more feminine haha. Oh and I have been using my hair clippers to shorten my arm hair..
- December 23, 2020 at 3:58 pm #422343Andi PersephoneLadyRegistered On: November 25, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 34Has thanked: 81 timesBeen thanked: 108 times
What hair removal have you been using? shaving? dipilitory?
- December 23, 2020 at 4:02 pm #422347Charlotte GainsbourgLadyRegistered On: December 15, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 92Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 384 times
I have been shaving but I am going to start using a cream. For some reason I get ingrowing hairs, which are unsightly and also irritating. Hoping that resolves the issue. How about you? x
- December 23, 2020 at 4:40 pm #422362Andi PersephoneLadyRegistered On: November 25, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 34Has thanked: 81 timesBeen thanked: 108 times
I started shaving but got tons of razor bumps too. I use coconut oil on it and that really helps a bunch and makes my skin so soft and silky. That said I am going to try using a cream to see if that works better. I do have very sensitive skin so I hope it does not give me a rash.
- December 23, 2020 at 1:45 pm #422291Alexis TressePrincess - AnnualRegistered On: March 27, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 86Has thanked: 1030 timesBeen thanked: 327 times
Especially in your high heels, practice walking by repetitively putting one foot in front of your other. It is a feminine gait that swings our hips subtly and sexily to attract male notice.
If your gait succeeds in that purpose, well, have fun.
- December 23, 2020 at 3:46 pm #422335LadyRegistered On: November 25, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 34Has thanked: 81 timesBeen thanked: 108 times
- December 23, 2020 at 7:43 pm #422436Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 226Has thanked: 4377 timesBeen thanked: 1058 times
- December 24, 2020 at 8:40 am #422664LadyRegistered On: November 25, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 34Has thanked: 81 timesBeen thanked: 108 times
Other than watching ciswomen, do you have any resources for learning? Like a guide or excersizes?
- December 24, 2020 at 9:49 pm #422882
- December 26, 2020 at 12:05 pm #423398
- December 27, 2020 at 9:00 am #423734StaceyLadyRegistered On: October 3, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 50 times
I think the answer is yes. I have not thought about it that way but yes putting your elbows in does sort of turn your hands out. I try to walk with my elbows closer to my waist so that they’re let’s say under my shoulders or closer to my body.
- December 27, 2020 at 10:24 am #423757
- December 24, 2020 at 7:22 pm #422851Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 226Has thanked: 4377 timesBeen thanked: 1058 times
I know some folks on here can explain it a lot better than me, but start with placing your feet one directly in front of the other when you walk. Keep the inside, or crook, of your elbow facing forward. Take shorter steps. Allow your hips the freedom to sway a bit as you move. Hold yourself straight up, not slouching, keep your head up, and eyes front, not down. It’s a start.
- December 29, 2020 at 5:27 am #424528StaceyLadyRegistered On: October 3, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 50 times
- December 24, 2020 at 8:50 pm #422875
- December 22, 2020 at 10:23 am #421773SteffyLadyRegistered On: April 6, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 29Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 85 times
Candi mentioned two of the things I do every day. And I work in a very male dominated sector.
1. Women’s deodorant.
2. Clear mascara. You can get it everywhere.
- December 22, 2020 at 11:06 am #421788LadyRegistered On: November 25, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 34Has thanked: 81 timesBeen thanked: 108 times
I have never seen or heard of clear mascara!!! I will have to look for it next time im at the drug store.
Any suggestions on the deoderant? I have to use ones with no aluminum or I breakout.
- December 1, 2020 at 7:22 pm #413118Amber JamiesLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 21Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 107 times
- November 29, 2020 at 2:15 pm #412263Kara SumtymesLadyRegistered On: November 16, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 26Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 67 times
Depending on your age? & if not & your to young for this to be happening to you than perhaps anyone else reading this that’s the age of getting gray hairs & your starting to dress up you can start to SHAVE (everywhere) & if anyone asks??? Ya just tell them,,,, I don’t like these gray hairs,,, anywhere on my body &,,,, I’m just not ready to accept yet that this is happening to me that I’m becoming older,,,, now leave me alone lol 😆
- November 29, 2020 at 2:42 pm #412277LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 4Replies: 367Has thanked: 912 timesBeen thanked: 766 times
At 72, age has it’s advantages … Ineed to shave 95% of the body every two weeks and winter is very acccomodating for that smooth feminine feeling
I’ve only used the curly grey hair response once ..
And that was to my doctor lol
To all the pretty ladies Be well and stay safe😷
- November 29, 2020 at 2:58 am #412093EmilyLadyRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 726Has thanked: 3924 timesBeen thanked: 2264 times
Totally agree with all the suggestions made! I also keep my eyebrows trimmed and shaped. You can do it a bit at a time so it’s not as noticeable as all at once. Trimming body hair that shows, or shaving what doesn’t is good too. I also keep my fingernails longish and shaped, again something you can do in stages so the change is not as noticeable. Underdressing to whatever degree you feel comfortable with is nice. I use a foundation daily on my face that matches my skin tone nearly perfectly. It smooths out the wrinkles some and smells lovely.
Overall, most people are not as observant as we would believe. And, if someone does notice something, have an explanation ready as has been mentioned.
- November 28, 2020 at 9:31 pm #412034Candy CanLadyRegistered On: October 19, 2018Topics: 33Replies: 125Has thanked: 234 timesBeen thanked: 631 times
I was going to ask how to do a self mani pedi as all the salons here are closed. My town is in Covid lockdown until january
If you are in lockdown, I can only suggest a few how-to videos.
- November 29, 2020 at 7:27 pm #412382LadyRegistered On: November 25, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 34Has thanked: 81 timesBeen thanked: 108 times
well I tried to do a self Mani. I need to practice alot more LOL.
What do you all think?
- November 29, 2020 at 6:33 am #412131LadyRegistered On: November 25, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 34Has thanked: 81 timesBeen thanked: 108 times
OMG That is soooooo awesome!!! thank you so much!!!
I may have questions later but this is great to start.
- November 28, 2020 at 7:06 pm #412006LadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 226Has thanked: 4377 timesBeen thanked: 1058 times
Things I do every day, and nobody notices: lip color that matches my natural lip color, plus clear gloss. Most anyone might notice “do you use chapstick?” Also clear nail polish. You can use may finish, but I use a medium gloss. “Yeah, I get brittle nails, this protects them”, not that anyone has said anything. I underdress every day, panties and a cami or sleeping bra. And as bad been said, raise your grooming game. I did that too. I’m only out to my wife, she’s tolerant, even supportive, God bless her. Nobody else is really observant enough, or interested enough to notice anything.
- November 28, 2020 at 2:02 pm #411920Candy CanLadyRegistered On: October 19, 2018Topics: 33Replies: 125Has thanked: 234 timesBeen thanked: 631 times
I agree with Robyn.
For myself, I’ve been trying to do my moisturiser routine each night before bed (face, hands, elbows). And since I tend to have very dry lips, lip balm as well (a bit like clear lipstick).
Consider going and getting a mani-pedi. You can get clear polish, matte doesn’t show, and a natural or very light pink on your toes.
You can get clear mascara too if yo want to try that.
And a nice deoderant – perhaps get your SO, if you have one, to pick a nice one for you?
- November 28, 2020 at 8:16 pm #412014
- November 28, 2020 at 2:09 pm #411921Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 517Has thanked: 1618 timesBeen thanked: 2228 times
Thank you Candy!!
She’s right. Lip balm is a biggie too! Dry, cracked lips are a pain. Same for the deodorant. In girl mode I use Secret clear gel with a nice scent to it. Works better than any guy version!
- November 27, 2020 at 9:10 pm #411569Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 517Has thanked: 1618 timesBeen thanked: 2228 times
Your on the right track. Anything that could be better grooming habits. From shaving your face regularly, washing your face and moisturizing. Moisturizing in general. Trimming and filing your finger and toe nails.
Watch a guy and girl when you say “smell check!” A guy immediately sniffs his armpit while GG’s grab a lock of their hair and sniff. WHY? Hair holds odor. So things like shaving your pits or at least using clippers and taking down body hair works.
Any act of taking better care of yourself is one step closer. Especially being you dont want to attract attention.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.