- Make-up videos if so on what aspects
- Deportment - How to walk, talk sit etc
- Selecting your wigs
- Outfits of the day - dress options etc
- venue / place reviews
- Interviews with people in the community
- Product reviews if so which ones?
- Events / book / film reviews crossdressing related
- Live coverage of events such as prides
- January 1, 2021 at 9:22 am #425829Sophie SummersParticipantRegistered On: March 16, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 41Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 175 times
Always so interested in what topics people find of help and assistance to my fellow sisters in the community. What peace of advise would really help you out? What is the single thing you always wanted to know related to crossdressing that you simply can’t find an answer to?
What would be the title of your question
Have fun – but seriously I’m interested!
- January 5, 2021 at 9:42 pm #428074Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 826Has thanked: 6659 timesBeen thanked: 3217 times
I chose to make a video of interviews of people in the community. The video should targeted at our youngest/newest sister’s to show them that the world won’t eat them alive during their first steps out into the world. Sort of a motivational series if you will, giving the ins and outs of being out, that being read isn’t always such a world ending event, that there are many of us out there just like them that may have more experience, but to let them know they we have been there, exactly where they are, and we have survived and mostly prospered in our life.
I have no clue what a good title would be, but it would need to get their attention and curiosity right off.
- January 2, 2021 at 12:41 pm #426391Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 6Replies: 359Has thanked: 202 timesBeen thanked: 1394 times
Too many of the choices are too dependent on individuals, that it would be impossible to do in “1 video.” For example, people have different facial shapes, different skin tones, different and differing wrinkles and folds, so I can’t see how a single video on makeup would be worthwhile.
I can say similar things about wigs (color and shape depend on the skin tone and facial features of the individual), venues (with a worldwide community, you can’t possibly visit any significant number to cover even a small fraction of the people), or outfits (color and shape depend on the individual).
The last 4 choices (interviews, product reviews, events, live coverage) all go against the 1 video idea. They all are plural, which violates the 1 video assumption.
That leaves only deportment. But except for voice, I have already been taught how to stand, sit, and walk like a lady. And I don’t believe sufficient voice training could be covered in a single video. It takes a lot of practice, and probably best with a teacher who can provide feedback.
All in all, I think I’ll pass on this poll.
- January 2, 2021 at 9:29 am #426327Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 53Replies: 1485Has thanked: 6902 timesBeen thanked: 8266 times
I chose venue reviews and i totally agree with Patty….maybe more girls would take that ” first leap” if they were aware of safe, friendly venues to go….there is absolutely nothing in my area…..that I know of??
- January 3, 2021 at 8:44 am #426811Sophie SummersDuchessRegistered On: March 16, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 41Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 175 times
Thank you for your comments; it has given me food for thought. I often forget how lucky I am in where I live and forget that parts of the country/world are not so lucky. Whereabouts are you located maybe I can find somewhere that is not so far away?
Stay safe and well.
- January 2, 2021 at 5:44 am #426228Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1523Has thanked: 1115 timesBeen thanked: 3941 times
I love all those things and enjoy watching you tube videos showing those things. One thing I wold really like though is reviews on CD welcoming and friendly venues. it would be nice to know of places where I can dress, go to and be in a friendly environment.
I found except through word of mouth and recommendation, that it’s not easy to find those venues.
- January 2, 2021 at 2:25 am #426184Marcie MayLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 113Has thanked: 869 timesBeen thanked: 297 times
I chose make up techniques, I did visit you for a make over once, and you used make up to make my face shape more feminine, which I thought was amazing.
Due to COVID no time to practise I have forgotten how you did it, would be nice to have a video on it.
Hope to visit again after COVID is over…. xx
- January 1, 2021 at 4:34 pm #426080T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 287Has thanked: 2728 timesBeen thanked: 1169 times
So much appreciate anyone who can instruct, teach, demostrate to anyone else a skill they feel lacking.
I have been a ” teacher” ( Master’s Degree in Education) in high schools, in hospitals, taught surgical residents ( Board Certified Surgeon), & folks wanting to CROSS DRESS AND PASS as a woman in a public place.
It is a joy to see anyone use the instruction to improve themselves in whatever the topic of instruction.
Love to All who TEACH…
- January 1, 2021 at 4:22 pm #426078Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 298Has thanked: 408 timesBeen thanked: 985 times
I picked deportment because i would love to walk and talk like a woman x
Instead of walking and talking like a man in drag it would be nice to actually pass as a woman x
Hugs Rozalyne x
- January 1, 2021 at 3:48 pm #426059AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 19Replies: 701Has thanked: 8063 timesBeen thanked: 3830 times
I picked makeup videos. I love everything makeup! I have seen many makeup videos, but any subject makeup is welcome. If I had to pick something, I would say shaping and coloring eyebrows.
- January 1, 2021 at 2:52 pm #426022Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 433Has thanked: 662 timesBeen thanked: 1559 times
I checked off interviews in our community but what I want is to see it address the younger people who are new to this to answer their questions and manage their emotions and insecurities. I remember being 10 years old and the thoughts that went through my head and the trouble I got my self into because I had no where to turn to for good advice and facts.
- January 1, 2021 at 11:16 am #425917BillieJayManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 237Replies: 71Has thanked: 196 timesBeen thanked: 281 times
I’m not sure, I seldom take the time to watch videos.
what I really meant by posting that is that I wanted to compliment you on the poll topic. I love the polls, and I religiously check them out, and this topic was off the charts cool!
- January 1, 2021 at 11:03 am #425901BillieJayManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 237Replies: 71Has thanked: 196 timesBeen thanked: 281 times
I didn’t vote…
I couldn’t pick just one.
- January 1, 2021 at 11:10 am #425910
- January 1, 2021 at 10:51 am #425886KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 313Has thanked: 450 timesBeen thanked: 1208 times
Hi Sophie, interesting poll. I wish I had some of these resources available when I was starting out as a crossdresser many, many years ago. So through trial and error, I’ve gone through many of the potential video topics already. The one topic that peaked my interest is events/book/film reviews. I’m always seeking good media resources about crossdressing. My local library doesn’t carry too many books or films on being a CD. There is quite a bit on YouTube; some of which are very educational and entertaining. Thanks for the topic Sophie. Stay safe, stay healthy, All the Very Best, and a Happy New Year, Hugs, Krista.
- January 12, 2021 at 8:31 am #431423DuchessRegistered On: March 16, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 41Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 175 times
Just uploaded a great interview with Savannah Haux the aAuthor of Living with Crossdressing which is a must read set of books. Hopefully you will find the interview interesting enough to seek out a copy. Feel free to pop over to the Crossdressing Lifestyle Youtube channel and have a look.
All the best XXX
- January 1, 2021 at 10:55 am #425892DuchessRegistered On: March 16, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 41Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 175 times
Thanks Krista very very interesting point and you have inspired me to produce a vid. We have quite an extensive “gay” section in our Waterstones shop in Brighton but I think I need to gather some additional resources if you know of many good ones PLEASE let me know it would be highly appreciated.
Thanks for taking part and replying much appreciated.
- January 2, 2021 at 10:18 am #426354KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 313Has thanked: 450 timesBeen thanked: 1208 times
Hi Sophie, Many of these resources are on the CDH website, but unfortunately scattered throughout the forums. Previously members have asked about best films for CDs, best books, and reviews of events. And it has been over quite a time period. Honestly, I’ve never tried a search of the site, for example, for event reviews. I wonder….. Take care, Sophie. Hugs, Krista.
- January 1, 2021 at 9:35 am #425840T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 287Has thanked: 2728 timesBeen thanked: 1169 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.