- Yes most definately , i wouldnt give it a second thought
- No, there is no way i could ever attend a venue
- i am unsure about it, maybe yes, maybe no
- i would go if i had someone to come with me
- i would prefer to attend as a group
- Other ( please specify below )
- July 29, 2019 at 12:56 pm #202083Fiona-Ann MossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 386Replies: 1253Has thanked: 3795 timesBeen thanked: 4512 times
Hi Girls, sorry i have not posted a poll for a while, i have been mad busy!! Ok the thought for today is about venues and would you actually go to one if it was near you? we are talking about crossdressing venues here, i have given this some thought myself and i think i would be very tempted, but only if i had some moral support. Maybe you are different, maybe you would just go for the hell of it! maybe not, lets see shall we?
Total of 54 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.Leonara, Connie Wittnee, Lauren Mugnaia, Denise Mannequin Jones, Cece X, Sofía Alejandra Hurtado Espinoza, Michelle Davis, Patty Phose, Lucia Brown, Becky Davis, Sara Cousins, Michelle Trott, Wanda Ovahear, Jess Secret, Mary Priscilla, Felicia Mars, Marlene Roberts, Wendy Swift, Alicia Sunrise, Roberta Broussard
- January 10, 2023 at 9:23 am #708203Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 1069Has thanked: 5404 timesBeen thanked: 4709 times
I have found such venues a wonderful experience in being accepted and reverting to my female character in behavior and conversation but most important is the fact you meet others like us and open up new relationships and friendships
- January 10, 2023 at 5:32 am #708149Heidi SmithLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2023Topics: 2Replies: 17Has thanked: 44 timesBeen thanked: 72 times
If you get a chance. Glam it up. In a group like that it’s an ‘I’m like you’ badge.
I drove 3 hours to my only outing so far. I went solo, dressed from start to finish. It was great.
It’s way better than any FaceTime interaction. It was surprising how different the personalities were as I interacted with more than half of the attendees. You will find that while we appreciate each other’s similarities we choose close friends based on more personal details.
While you stretch to present as your prettiest self, go even farther and be as outgoing and friendly as you can muster. It will be appreciated and reciprocated. It’s a nice feminine trait.
I stumbled across my outing in OKC but I’m not aware of dates or times for anything within a 3 hour radius.
I wish members would share events when they are aware of them.
- January 11, 2023 at 9:11 am #708483Rhonda LeeBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 191Has thanked: 218 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
Ok, here is an event…
I will host a dinner tomorrow 7:30 pm at Bahama Breeze, Duluth, GA, just east of I-85 and north of Atlanta. It will be a small friendly gathering.. usually about 10 crossdressers, wives, and SOs. Dressing optional. Confidentiality required. Friday eve is a chance to glam up at a performance of Frankie Vallie and the 4 Seasons at Cobb Energy Center. There is a support group meeting Saturday morning for CDs, wives, and SOs, in a hotel in the area and activities during the day and eve. If any have interest, PM me or reply to this note.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- November 25, 2022 at 6:45 pm #696874Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 191Has thanked: 218 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
I had never dressed or even seen a crossdresser until I attended my first Tri-Ess meeting in 2009. I thought it was a one-time venture to satisfy my curiosity, but I was immediately drawn to all of the members… both CDs and their spouses/SOs… the most life-changing event of my life… so joined immediately. I served as outreach chair for 6 years and am now national chair. The group offers support, confidentiality, freedom to explore one’s fem side with others and lots of fun events. Recently I went on a one-week cruise with 20 CDs and partners, dressing full-time from the moment I left home until I returned. It is so much more fun going out in the company of others. There are always new and exciting ways to push the envelope. During the cruise I risked such things as sliding down a water slide (an instant makeup remover) and trying zip-lining (refused because I was discriminated against, having no pants or T-shirt to wear as required by the male-dominated directors!)
I get out in the Southeast, primarily, hosting dinners and lecturing to university classes interested in learning more about who we are, but am willing to try to direct others to groups near them, wherever they may be.
If any have interest, I will be hosting a dinner near Atlanta on Thursday, Dec. 15 for CDs, their wives/SOs and/or other allies. I hope to glam up with others to attend a gala performance of the Nutcracker Ballet the next eve, attend a matinee performance of the Christmas Carol at Shakespeare Theater on Saturday, a Christmas party for CDs and their wives/SOs that night, and an MCC service Sunday. PM me if interested in joining me for any of those events or if you’d like my help in trying to locate a group near you or, better yet, help you start a group of your own.
I never go out alone, nor do I tend to gravitate toward bars or gay venues. I find it much more enjoyable to accompany/support other CDs and/or accepting cis-women in doing fun activities, or perhaps attending a truly accepting/supportive MCC service which is not only welcoming but provides changing rooms for those in need. I especially enjoy helping someone new take those frightening but immensely exciting first steps out the door and watching their femme side spring into bloom.
- November 25, 2022 at 1:55 pm #696824Karynn NormanLadyRegistered On: October 27, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 37Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 128 times
I see that several of you ladies have and are having some venues to attend. If any are near Omaha, Ne or Des Moines, Ia, please let me know. I would very much like to attend. KC would be 3 hours but a possibility. Thank you and I hope all of your meet ups are fun and enjoyable!
- November 25, 2022 at 1:48 pm #696821Fiona BlackBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 23, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 432Has thanked: 272 timesBeen thanked: 1824 times
Yes I would and I already have. Two months ago I went to a support group where there were 5 other CD’s and earlier this month I attended a private dinner for a dozen CD’s. In mid-December I’m going to a xmas party with the same group from the private dinner where there will be around 20 ladies there dressed to the nines! Can’t wait.
- November 25, 2022 at 4:02 pm #696844Marlene RobertsLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 286Has thanked: 4053 timesBeen thanked: 749 times
- November 26, 2022 at 2:27 pm #697095Fiona BlackBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 23, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 432Has thanked: 272 timesBeen thanked: 1824 times
- January 7, 2023 at 10:43 am #707526Marlene RobertsLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 286Has thanked: 4053 timesBeen thanked: 749 times
Hi, Fiona. Thanks for your reply.
New Hope is quite a drive and I don’t drive at night. Don’t suppose there is much CD activity during the day. I was there once in the day maybe twenty years ago and did not notice any but then I was not looking back then
I would love to go to Keystone but we are in Florida when it happens. They should have another one in the Fall!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- November 25, 2022 at 5:31 pm #696858
- November 25, 2022 at 11:48 am #696795Sofía Alejandra Hurtado EspinozaPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: January 5, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 68Has thanked: 53 timesBeen thanked: 271 times
Hello girls, my answer is yes, definitely, I would not think twice, I really would love to have a place like this close to me where I can go and meet other people who understand and share this wonderful and beautiful lifestyle. , being able to talk with them and be in a femme in a completely safe and welcoming environment,
Greetings to all girls
- November 25, 2022 at 7:08 am #696714
- November 24, 2022 at 7:17 pm #696657Jane HollidayLadyRegistered On: December 14, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 26Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 168 times
I would absolutely love to attend something. I have girlfriends and other supporters I have that would be right there by me. I know of 2 that would make sure Jane was absolutely perfect before I walked out of the house. To bad nothing like that is gonna happen where I live.
- November 24, 2022 at 8:43 pm #696663
- November 23, 2022 at 4:13 am #696240Sara CousinsDuchessRegistered On: October 30, 2022Topics: 3Replies: 146Has thanked: 299 timesBeen thanked: 809 times
Being new at this after coming out as Sara there are 2 things I have to ask.
#1. If you attend one of these groups do you have to be cross dressed or partially would be Ok
#2. I am a closet dresser in the privacy of my own home so would that eliminate me from attending a venue.
I would love to meet some other CDer’s for help and advice. I have some wonderful friends on here now too but face to face and talking would be so much more even if I don’t go out in public yet except for my under man clothes Femme stuff.
- November 24, 2022 at 11:37 pm #696682Cece XLadyRegistered On: April 8, 2020Topics: 42Replies: 188Has thanked: 4491 timesBeen thanked: 1376 times
- November 25, 2022 at 5:33 pm #696860
- November 24, 2022 at 8:45 pm #696664
- November 23, 2022 at 4:25 am #696243Karynn NormanLadyRegistered On: October 27, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 37Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 128 times
Sara, any way you want to attend would be fine. To get out with others to discuss a large assortment of issues, to allow us to be ourselves, a night out as Karynn, etc. How you present yourself is up to you. We have all started from square one and progressed at our own pace. You just have to follow your own path. No judgements.
- November 24, 2022 at 8:46 pm #696665
- November 23, 2022 at 4:10 am #696239Kerri SmithLadyRegistered On: November 21, 2022Topics: 8Replies: 38Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 286 times
Yes i would attend. I’m so tired of being cooped up in my house with no where to go . I would love to go to an event with like minded people who would not judge me for what I am wearing.
- November 23, 2022 at 3:44 am #696235
- November 22, 2022 at 1:24 am #695921JulieLadyRegistered On: March 19, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 101Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 267 times
But of course girlfriend. I take every chance to go out in public as Julie my female self sweetie. But it would be more fun to go with one of you ladies. Like we could do each others makeup, zip up each others dresses and button close each others dresses. It would be a blast and fabulous!
- November 21, 2022 at 8:35 pm #695911Emily AltHostessRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 1275Has thanked: 1437 timesBeen thanked: 6563 times
- November 21, 2022 at 6:41 pm #695768Wanda OvahearRegistered On: October 19, 2022Topics: 6Replies: 244Has thanked: 1075 timesBeen thanked: 849 times
I think K Swim is on to something: a CDH Zoom session? We could meet officially by time zone but drop in to chat ad hoc. I’d go full femme for that.
Elsewise, for me it would depend on the venue. Something low-key in a nearby city would be best for me.
- November 21, 2022 at 4:03 pm #694067Jess SecretLadyRegistered On: February 18, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 598Has thanked: 1467 timesBeen thanked: 2597 times
- November 21, 2022 at 3:32 pm #694056Allysa GrantLadyRegistered On: November 1, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 250Has thanked: 1851 timesBeen thanked: 987 times
- November 20, 2022 at 7:26 am #693268StephaniewyLadyRegistered On: September 24, 2021Topics: 21Replies: 237Has thanked: 1124 timesBeen thanked: 1363 times
- November 19, 2022 at 7:24 pm #693186LadyRegistered On: October 27, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 37Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 128 times
Heavens yes. I am near Omaha and there is a couple gay bars that may attract a few cd’s, but there are no crossdressing venue’s that I know about. If someone knows of any close to here, please let me know!
- December 16, 2019 at 4:01 am #259041HippieLadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 39Replies: 349Has thanked: 1404 timesBeen thanked: 1571 times
I don’t know if I would go. But than again I might.
See I’m not an everyday cross dresser. Oh, I wear womens clothes daily, but I wear a beard, don’t do make-up or Jewelry.
I don’t do the female impersonation thing.
I’m me and me being me upsets others. See I don’t quite fit in with one group. I have other cross dressers bash me, regular people bash me and everyone in between.
- November 21, 2022 at 10:58 pm #695916LadyRegistered On: April 8, 2020Topics: 42Replies: 188Has thanked: 4491 timesBeen thanked: 1376 times
I am in Hippie’s league. I would love to go to any event or venue filled with crossdressers so I can chat with others who share similar inclinations. I would need to know that a man in a dress would be welcomed, however. Like Hippie, I wear a beard and do not wear make-up, jewelry, nail polish or wigs.
I recently learned about Club Linger in London, a weekly event for masculine crossdressers. Too bad it recently closed, because I might have made London a vacation destination.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- December 13, 2019 at 8:49 pm #258392AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
There are some CD friendly venues in my area. I’d like to visit them, but haven’t yet. I’m not ready to venture out to a place like that on my own yet. I’ve been trying to arrange an outing with friends. One day, it will happen.
- December 12, 2019 at 7:36 pm #258008Kristen Lee PetersonLadyRegistered On: September 20, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 6Has thanked: 16 timesBeen thanked: 31 times
Fiona, I have never gone to a venue for crossdressers. To have something close to me I would be there in flash, but with another crossdresser. Unfortunately I don’t know any crossdressers. Nor do I know of any venues. Maybe that will change!! Thank you!!! Now you done it, you got me thinking.. Kristen Lee
- November 24, 2022 at 9:01 pm #696669Lucia BrownDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 100Has thanked: 573 timesBeen thanked: 414 times
Me to girl I would love to have a place like that near me Oh! I have two 2 blocks away in downtown Lexington, Ky. The Bar Complex on Main St. by The Kentucky Theater and Crossings on Limestone across from the courthouse Both very CD/ TG friendly The Bar has wonderful drag shows twice a night Thursday – Saturday
- December 12, 2019 at 12:06 pm #257876Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 796Has thanked: 53765 timesBeen thanked: 2059 times
- November 16, 2019 at 6:14 am #249324AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 14, 2019 at 3:04 pm #248877Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 98Replies: 5787Has thanked: 7793 timesBeen thanked: 15217 times
- November 24, 2022 at 9:07 pm #696670DuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 100Has thanked: 573 timesBeen thanked: 414 times
Hi Alice! I love your name and my underwire bras! Come see me in Lexington, Ky. I have two gay bars near me in downtown, The Bar Complex on Main St. and Crossings on Limestone across from the courthouse
1 user thanked author for this post.
- September 27, 2019 at 9:06 pm #228134AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I have been looking for something like this for a while now. Even a gay bar that was open to having a straight man that just happens to like dressing up as a pretty lady. I just want a place to go out and socialize have some fun without fear of being harrased.
- September 27, 2019 at 12:21 am #227749SamanthaLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2016Topics: 2Replies: 14Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 89 times
Yes I would love to attend a cross dresser event. I live in a small welsh town, I could go Cardiff or Swansea or travel further afield. I would maybe rather go further afield as I be among people I could be more open. It would be a great experience to be a woman in a unfamiliar location and with like minded people.
- September 13, 2019 at 12:19 pm #221989Michelle DLadyRegistered On: September 13, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 8Has thanked: 18 timesBeen thanked: 40 times
- September 10, 2019 at 4:10 pm #220665AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I would love to attend a venue near me as long as I had a friend to go with, i would need help with my make-up though as I’m not very good at putting it on, it would be great to dress up and go out and maybe go dancing or for a meal x
- November 24, 2022 at 9:13 pm #696671DuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 100Has thanked: 573 timesBeen thanked: 414 times
Well come see me in Lexington, Ky. There a two gay bars two blocks away here in downtown, The Bar Complex on Main St., they a large dance floor upstairs and a stage downstairs where they have awesome drag shows twice a night Thursday – Saturday and Crossings on Limestone across from the courthouse
1 user thanked author for this post.
- September 3, 2019 at 6:58 pm #217176Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1551Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6398 times
I try to do just that every chance I can. Unfortunately, the closest T friendly club is a bit over an hour drive from me. I do try to get there at least once a month and always have a blast when I do. If I lived in Amarillo, I would probably be there every weekend, and even some special event nights too.
- September 3, 2019 at 4:59 am #216843Anne-MarieLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 371Has thanked: 328 timesBeen thanked: 1039 times
One of the advantages of living near Manchester in the UK is that there is the gay village where there are weekly groups for CDs including changing rooms and no compulsion to dress in any particular way i.e. the curious dresser can go in male atire without issue.
Having said all this, I haven’t as yet attended. Lots of self promises and good intentions but thus far very little action.
That’s why I voted other.
Take care girls.
- September 27, 2019 at 2:04 pm #228004
- August 5, 2019 at 1:05 pm #204479Charlotte BristolLadyRegistered On: February 6, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 12Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 52 times
Go for it !
Look for a local support group. My wife and I go to one near us (Bristol UK), I get changed there, as my wife does not want our neighbours to see me dressed. If you bump into someone you know, then they are there for the same reasons as you !
We may be going to a local group that meets in a restaurant tomorrow night, which will be the first time I would have been seen dressed in public (still local but about 10 miles away so far enough, I’ll still get changed in the loo there).
And don’t forget, there is safety in numbers. You are far less likely to be noticed.
- November 14, 2019 at 3:13 pm #248883AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- September 3, 2019 at 9:36 am #216915Jennifer SwansonDuchessRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 67Replies: 252Has thanked: 5474 timesBeen thanked: 2095 times
- November 23, 2022 at 5:01 am #696250Charlotte BristolLadyRegistered On: February 6, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 12Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 52 times
- August 1, 2019 at 12:54 pm #203223Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 35Replies: 6632Has thanked: 14371 timesBeen thanked: 14113 times
I myself have just started venturing out theses past few months but it’s a couple of hours away, a big drive with lots of excitement along the way . But a local venue, yes would be great. Unfortunately the possibilities of meeting up with someone I know would be embarrassing but still getting out where more confinance is made I’m surely would be fun.
Getting out more I
- September 27, 2019 at 2:07 pm #228006Olivia LivinLadyRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 56Replies: 1676Has thanked: 9701 timesBeen thanked: 4819 times
- September 27, 2019 at 5:19 pm #228055Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 35Replies: 6632Has thanked: 14371 timesBeen thanked: 14113 times
That would be great I would really like that . Toronto is an interesting trip needless to say especially all dressed up and so far away from comfortability base . Hoping for the no unforeseens but what a lovely time and October nearly upon us. Humm. …
- This reply was modified 3 years ago by Stephanie Flowers.
- August 1, 2019 at 11:26 am #203212AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
It’s definitely something I’ve thought about, but the only place around where I might be able to get away with it (but not entirely sure) is a local LGBTQ bar. I almost went there a few months back while my wife was out of town. I was all dressed up and feeling adventurous after filling my gas tank for the first time en femme, so I drove there but for some reason it was closed that evening. Still not sure if I would have actually gone in. I’ve been there before with my wife & some friends for a drag show, so I’m okay with the place, just not sure about their acceptance for hetero crossdressers (I would hope they would welcome us, but ??)…
- August 5, 2019 at 12:10 am #204325AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Well, talking about this made me decide to call the local LGBTQ bar and ask if they were “crossdresser friendly”. The girl that answered replied that they don’t care what anybody wears and to come on down. I told here that I wasn’t gay, just a crossdresser and she said that everyone was welcome. So, as I was already fully dressed since the wife was out of town for the weekend, I got up the courage to go out (even though I was by myself). Upon entering, the bartender, a very pretty girl, asked me if I was the one who called earlier. She was so sweet and made me feel most welcome, complimenting me on the job I did with my makeup. At the time, the place wasn’t very busy yet since it was kind of early, but the other patrons didn’t seem to give me a moment’s notice, so I felt comfortable just hanging out. I ordered a beer and the bartender asked me my name, to which I replied, “When I’m dressed like this, it’s Tricia!” So we had some great conversation (she informed me that she was a lesbian, which of course is cool by me). I told her about my need to finally get out and be somewhere besides at home alone (tired of being all dressed up with no where to go) and she thought it was great that I was so comfortable in my own sexuality to do that. I told her that I was not looking for anything but some time out of the house, a couple drinks and good conversation – and that’s what I got. It was so nice! I did show her a picture of me in “male mode” and asked if she thought that I would be recognized by people that might know me. She said she didn’t think so. Another guy at the bar heard us talking and asked if I minded if could see my pic and he said, “No way!” Makes me wonder if I really could get away with it…
But the best part of the evening was hearing somebody call me “Tricia” (she was sure to call me by my name several times – it was so beautiful to hear) in person for the first time! I felt as if I was floating on air. And later in the evening as more customers came in (they have a drag show and it attracts people of all kinds – I had gone there several years ago myself with my wife for her sister’s birthday) everything was still going great. That’s when I experienced another highlight of the night when a young (hetero) couple sat next to me at the bar to order a drink and the girl told me I looked fabulous, loved my outfit, and that my makeup was impeccable and made me look very pretty. I thanked her (of course) and told her that it was the first time I had gone out like this and she said I should do it more often, that I looked great. I felt the best I think I have ever felt while dressed en femme. Through the night I got appreciative looks and many complements. Any fears I had were put to rest. Nobody tried to hit on me – take that as you will, I appreciated it because, as I said, I was not looking for anything other than a couple drinks and such. I am happily married (although still in the closet – sigh).
I stayed for the show for a bit and when I got ready to leave, the bartender gave me the biggest hug and told me what a pleasure it had been to meet and talk to me and said to be sure to come back. Of course I told her the same and also said I would return when the opportunity presented itself again (could be a while!). The guy working the door also talked to me for a while and informed me of other places I could go out dressed and feel welcome, which was great to know.
So, I guess what I’m really trying to say here is that if you have any doubts, call any place you think may be okay and give it a try. It was a wonderful experience to just go out and be the other person that I need to be with someone other than myself and without judgment or ridicule.
I can’t wait until I get the chance to do it again!
- September 27, 2019 at 3:01 pm #228016LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 804Has thanked: 3532 timesBeen thanked: 2470 times
Tricia, thank you for sharing your wonderful
Experience. to paraphrase, “I have had all good intentions but little action” ..However your article was very inspirational. I will definitely attend the next cd/tg get together near me…Leonara
- September 27, 2019 at 2:14 pm #228007LadyRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 56Replies: 1676Has thanked: 9701 timesBeen thanked: 4819 times
- September 3, 2019 at 9:41 am #216918
- July 31, 2019 at 7:20 pm #202944
- July 31, 2019 at 6:53 pm #202930Rachel WilliamsLadyRegistered On: June 16, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 245Has thanked: 674 timesBeen thanked: 783 times
This past April, when I was out of town, I got the opportunity to go to a T-Girl dinner. Not many girls, in fact there were only 2 of us. Myself and the one who put this together. Still, it was lovely and we had wonderful conversation. Later, 2 cis women who knew our host joined us and it really got going. I’d love to do this again and meet other ladies.
- July 31, 2019 at 12:02 pm #202787Kyle EveLadyRegistered On: July 21, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 27Has thanked: 51 timesBeen thanked: 86 times
I have been once with a friend she talked me into going. It was more a drag pageant. I would like to go and socialize with other Cd TG
- July 31, 2019 at 1:46 pm #202803Stephanie KennedyRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 1122Has thanked: 8840 timesBeen thanked: 4872 times
Hi Kyle I don’t understand drag queens . I think they are gay men dressing as woman . I think they are entertainers. Cis woman love them because they exaggerate the female talking and female body movement. I am not a entertainer I just want to be accepted as simple,cute little sexy woman . Luv Stephanie ❤️❤️
- September 27, 2019 at 6:55 pm #228106LadyRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 56Replies: 1676Has thanked: 9701 timesBeen thanked: 4819 times
- July 31, 2019 at 8:32 pm #202983Vicki ScottLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 11Has thanked: 112 timesBeen thanked: 47 times
Stephanie Kennedy I am a bit confused by the whole drag queen mentality to be honest. They are by rule of thumb gay guys who are interested in other gay guys, so why would they want to dress as women who gay guys are not attracted to, unless it was for sheer exhibitionism/entertainment purposes which it supposedly is. It’s like “I’m a guy interested in attracting guys but I dress as a woman that gay guys would not look at twice.” Can anyone else see what is wrong with this picture? When I dress as a woman I don’t want to attract guys OR girls, I just want to be seen as a girly girl just doing my feminine thing and hanging out. I don’t want to be hit on by anyone. I’m happily married and I don’t want or need any sexual advances from anyone. Girl, it’s so confusing. Lol.
- July 31, 2019 at 7:45 pm #202953Rachel PlainLadyRegistered On: July 4, 2016Topics: 3Replies: 246Has thanked: 84 timesBeen thanked: 658 times
They *are* entertainers.
I’d like to try drag sometime. Just like burlesque it’s a different way to explore my love of crossdressing.
(I know a couple of our local drag queens. Yes, they are predominantly gay and, to the best of my knowledge, do not otherwise dress. But I have nothing but respect and admiration from them for being a crossdresser, just as I admire their ability to create their persona and give their all on stage.)
- July 30, 2019 at 4:01 pm #202546СамантаManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 895Replies: 1721Has thanked: 10072 timesBeen thanked: 6514 times
Not only would I, but a few months ago I did. Tho the venue wasn’t specifically dedicated to crossdressing. They have drag shows there sometimes, I went in a night when it wasn’t a drag show. With a friend. Not sure that it I’d by myself because it’s so much more fun to have a friend to talk to, and I think it might look a little “off” for me to be in there by myself if you know what I mean. Might wind up having to bite the bullet on that one.
- July 30, 2019 at 12:00 pm #202490Astrid LenoreLadyRegistered On: March 3, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 523Has thanked: 418 timesBeen thanked: 1429 times
I’ve actually got a regular opportunity to do this I’ve been contemplating for a few months now… but so far I haven’t worked up the nerve. I think once I got past the anxiety I’d enjoy the experience, but my two concerns are being seen by my landlords (who I’m pretty sure wouldn’t understand) on the way out and being seen by someone I know while there since it’s in a public venue close to home. So definitely in the “maybe yes, maybe no” category. I think I may try the waters with a private trans club if anything, even if that’s a significantly more expensive option.
- July 30, 2019 at 9:57 am #202455Fiona-Ann MossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 386Replies: 1253Has thanked: 3795 timesBeen thanked: 4512 times
Well!!! many positive answers here!! gosh, you girls are fantastic! now…. i have been a little loose about the venue as Valerie and Rachel have noticed. To be fair i wasnt sure either! lets just keep it simple, a meet up with other crossdressers or maybe a night out at a bar etc, i’m not talking about anything drastic here or out of the norm, just a simple meet up or maybe a get together at a bar or maybe even just simply going on a walk or something, the point i was trying to make, is would you do it? would you go or not? geez, if only life was so simple!! i suppose its not just a simple yes or no question as the question raises even more questions!! but hey!! we like a good thinking session dont we? 🙂
Love and kisses, Fiona xxx
- July 30, 2019 at 5:32 am #202348EmilyLadyRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 31Replies: 777Has thanked: 4810 timesBeen thanked: 2767 times
This was a yes with a caveat for me. I would go, and have done so in the past. The only issue is I can only go when my wife is out of town. She doesn’t approve of me going out in public dressed. So, it’s a resounding “hell yes” with that one stipulation.
- July 30, 2019 at 3:31 am #202313Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1900Has thanked: 1490 timesBeen thanked: 5896 times
- July 30, 2019 at 7:14 am #202395
- July 29, 2019 at 11:58 pm #202280Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 129Replies: 1202Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 5072 times
Depending on the venue and company, if satisfactory, most certainly.
Some CD venues in this part of the world are not to my taste. eg Pubs in Industrial areas on a Saturday night.
If you widen out the “area”. I have been to many CD venues both here in “OZ” and in the UK and North America. But most of those were 20-30 years ago.
The most important one in recent times was “Transformal” up at Katoomba NSW in August 2017. Katoomba is up in the Blue mountains about 2hrs drive west of Sydney. (Took me at least 3…. I had not driven out of Sydney airport in 15 years)
So in summary a qualified yes. Tho I dont hesitate to go out in public “solo” these days if I gte half a chance.
- July 29, 2019 at 9:19 pm #202252KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 738Has thanked: 3365 timesBeen thanked: 3660 times
Great topic again Fiona. I definitely would go if we had a venue in my community. BUT, our city of 70,000 people in northern Canada doesn’t have a CD venue. The nearest big city is a 4.5 to 5 hour drive (with nothing else between except grizzly bears and moose) and I’m not sure if there is still a CD venue there or not; maybe had one a few years ago. Clearly a business opportunity but ours is considered a somewhat “redneck” community (lots of young men working in super-macho jobs). We were joking that our city’s crest should be a large dog sitting atop a quad (or snowmobile) which is sitting atop a jacked-up pickup truck with rifles hanging in the rear window. Nonetheless, I still go out in public en femme, and pass some of the time. Lucky to be living in Canada (the country where almost everyone is polite, even most rednecks!!!!) and even if you are clocked, people are too polite to say anything or just don’t care. Hugs, Krista.
- July 29, 2019 at 9:19 pm #202251Camryn OccasionnelDuchessRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 696Has thanked: 1621 timesBeen thanked: 1865 times
Fiona, I love this poll, but being the troublemaker I am, I can’t check off just one box. In my case, I think all three of these apply:
“i am unsure about it, maybe yes, maybe no”
[but] “i would go if i had someone to come with me” and
“i would prefer to attend as a group”
Those at CDH who know me, know that I am über-closeted crossdresser, and am terrified of stepping out my front door – sort of like you, a scaredy cat.
BUT, if the venue was near me (short drive), and the venue was in a quiet, LGBTQ-friendly place where I could feel safe with the other CD attendees, then maybe yes. My plan would be to check into a nearby motel, a room on the first floor where I could park the car just outside the door. I would check in in drab, dress, jump into the car, then hopefully a short drive to pick up/drive with another CD. We could then drive together to the venue. I would hope there would be maybe a half-dozen or so of us at the meetup.
I would never go out alone en femme, or to a raucous event, even accompanied by other CDs. I am old and slow, and prefer tranquility to loud and crazy-wild.
Oh, and food. I love food, so I hope “the venue” would have a nice quiet restaurant on the grounds!
- July 29, 2019 at 8:59 pm #202246Paula MalmborgLadyRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 12Replies: 641Has thanked: 925 timesBeen thanked: 1732 times
- September 27, 2019 at 7:09 pm #228108LadyRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 56Replies: 1676Has thanked: 9701 timesBeen thanked: 4819 times
I hear you Paula, although chatting and PMing is good and I enjoy it with some of the girls here. I prefer face to face communications where I can read facial cues, especially when it has to do with a personal matter. I’ve been lucky with that lately.
- July 29, 2019 at 8:15 pm #202235Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 15Replies: 946Has thanked: 760 timesBeen thanked: 4009 times
Not only do I go to venues, I go out even if there are no venues.
I have a support group that I go to 9-10 times a year. Another friend holds parties for CD/TG and supporters depending on her schedule. Sometimes the dress for these parties is party wear, and other times it is themed, even with costumes. So not only am I walking down her street en femme, but in a costume! I have another friend who holds 2 parties a year.
In addition, I’ve been into New York City several times (most recently for an opera about Stonewall last month). But I don’t need a venue to go out en femme.
I have an app through work that rewards you if you get to certain step levels (or equivalent) and sleep amounts each day. Weekdays it is usually not a problem reaching those levels, but weekends it had been. So I’ve been taking walks on the weekends to get in enough steps to reach those levels. After the first couple of times, I started walking en femme in my own neighborhood, wearing a skirt or skort and a tank top and just enough makeup to cover my beard. I have also gone to my local supermarket to pick up some items I forgot during the week. One day earlier this month before my walk I stopped into my local dress barn (about a quarter mile from my house) where they know me en homme. The way one of the saleswomen said “Oh, hi!” as she passed me in the aisle, I am pretty sure that recognized me.
Yes it’s fun if I can go out with friends. But I’m happy to go out on my own too.
- July 29, 2019 at 7:09 pm #202224Valerie BirdRegistered On: March 23, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 30Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 104 times
- July 29, 2019 at 9:13 pm #202247
- July 29, 2019 at 5:09 pm #202213AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- July 29, 2019 at 5:06 pm #202212AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
most of my outings are at support group events that i atttend with my wife
my wife has become friends with some other wives in my support groups which has made the events a lot of fun
- July 29, 2019 at 4:28 pm #202188skippy1965 CynthiaAmbassadorRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 124Replies: 1379Has thanked: 817 timesBeen thanked: 2179 times
- July 29, 2019 at 2:28 pm #202148Jennifer SwansonDuchessRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 67Replies: 252Has thanked: 5474 timesBeen thanked: 2095 times
I would love to meet with my girlfriends. I go out now but it’s not nearly as much fun as it would be with all of you. A place where we could get all made up and dressed. Sooooo much fun.
- July 29, 2019 at 3:03 pm #202162Registered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 1122Has thanked: 8840 timesBeen thanked: 4872 times
- July 29, 2019 at 5:02 pm #202210LadyRegistered On: July 28, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 11Has thanked: 112 timesBeen thanked: 47 times
Yes I’m with you on that one. Sometimes I spend hours doing my makeup and dressing to impress, just to take it all off a few hours later without even setting foot outside my front door. It seems like an huge amount of wasted effort. I can’t go on like that. I need to get out and put my strut on. Feeling like that as I’m sure many of us girls do, you soon get to the point where discouragement and frustration sets in and it almost makes you feel like not bothering. There should be lots more TV/CD/TS friendly places in every town and city where you can just chill out, have fun and be yourself.
- July 30, 2019 at 1:55 am #202293Registered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 1122Has thanked: 8840 timesBeen thanked: 4872 times
Hi Vicky There are places every where. There are millions of us out here. We all have to have some type of outlet for our anxiety to express our selves. There is a place here in Mass.called the Tiffany club I think they have changed their name.now. I used to belong twenty five years ago . I loved it. It’s still there. I am hesitant to rejoin due to a trans woman I know is a member. She is a loose cannon. She works in the same profession as I do. I can not afford to have her start sharing her secrets to her cis woman friends. Most of the woman I know. These private clubs are every where. Just do a little digging Luv Stephanie ❤️❤️
- July 29, 2019 at 2:22 pm #202145Registered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 1122Has thanked: 8840 timesBeen thanked: 4872 times
Hi Fiona I would love to go. I would want to get my nails done. Maybe my wig styled and put up. Some one to put my make up on and make me feel pretty. Buy a dress that fit and helped me look cute. Then bu y a pair of shoes to help me feel and look sexy. Then let’s go dancing and have some fun. What girl would not want to do that. Luv Stephanie ❤️
- July 29, 2019 at 1:57 pm #202140Katie TurnLadyRegistered On: August 3, 2017Topics: 18Replies: 42Has thanked: 221 timesBeen thanked: 337 times
- July 29, 2019 at 1:04 pm #202093KimmieLadyRegistered On: September 27, 2016Topics: 4Replies: 295Has thanked: 200 timesBeen thanked: 1304 times
If I could pass, or at least not stick out like a sore thumb, and I had a reasonably high degree of confidence that no one I knew would see me (unless, of course, they were dressed too) I would try it.
- July 31, 2019 at 1:57 am #202662Registered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 1122Has thanked: 8840 timesBeen thanked: 4872 times
Hi Kimmie You do not have get all dressed up to go to these events. If you see some one you know and they see you, just say hi and assume they are there for the same reason you are there. They have a interest . Just wear what you are comfortable wearing .You just want to see what it is all about. These events are for all of us who have a interest. It is a huge community. We all have the same fears. Just do not dress stupid. As you said try to fit in. That may mean just wearing cute panties under your jeans. Go and learn about your community. We are construction workers, policeman, firefighters, lawyers, Doctors . Luv Stephanie ❤️❤️
- July 30, 2019 at 7:21 am #202398KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 738Has thanked: 3365 timesBeen thanked: 3660 times
Thanks T.J. I love the road sign in our community which points the direction to Alaska. Actually we get shoppers from Alaska visiting us as we are the first city on their way south with cheaper prices and the lowest sales tax, saving them an additional 5 hour drive and a bunch of money.
Thank goodness I like cool temperatures. Our average summer high temperature so far has been around 66 degrees. Take care!!!! Hugs, Krista
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.