- Yes62.77%86 votes
- No37.23%51 votes
- August 13, 2020 at 2:19 pm #373816Gloria ReneeParticipantRegistered On: July 7, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 137Has thanked: 2001 timesBeen thanked: 657 times
I have often wondered what it was like to become pregnant, carry a child to term, give birth and hold that new born in your arms.
So would you if it were possible?
I know, so many possible scenarios for this. Just trying to keep it simple.
Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- August 22, 2020 at 1:25 pm #376744MollyParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 235Has thanked: 1142 timesBeen thanked: 693 times
Gloria, This is a great question!
I’ve got to say it’s an unqualified “Yes!” …. I’ve often commented that any chance to magically experience life as a female would be an automatic acceptance, and being able to do this is definitely the most feminine of experiences. As we have 3 wonderful children, The thought of another one (as a parent in the 20s) would be attractive.
The strange thing I can add to this is that I’ve experienced some kidney stones over the years and have had women who have had stones and children come up to me and express sympathies as to the pain and “TELL ME” how much easier the pain of childbirth actually is. One particular lady spent some 15 minutes in a full on monologue making sure I understood this. However I will say I’ve always played down their statements and indicated my extreme respect for women who have become mothers… As a father, I’ve got to say it’s still a scary process to watch when you’ve seen it start to go wrong.
-Molly (feeling like I should be signing with my drab name)
- August 19, 2020 at 8:59 am #375719Peaches VictoriaAmbassadorRegistered On: April 26, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 21Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 58 times
- August 19, 2020 at 8:10 am #375702Petra YParticipantRegistered On: September 14, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 33 times
Yes i definetly would. Over the years i have imagined my self pregnant many times. I have dressed in a maternity look many times and it always makes me feel peaceful.This is more difficult now because of my age but still love to indulge once in a while.
- August 18, 2020 at 8:58 am #375415GenevïeveParticipantRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 133Has thanked: 1869 timesBeen thanked: 557 times
- August 17, 2020 at 10:08 pm #375319Sheryl JohnstoneAmbassadorRegistered On: September 7, 2015Topics: 3Replies: 138Has thanked: 445 timesBeen thanked: 122 times
- August 17, 2020 at 8:08 pm #375298Laura Jane MooreParticipantRegistered On: July 10, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 71Has thanked: 488 timesBeen thanked: 281 times
Yes….. I would love it. I often look at young women pushing their babies in their carriages… or playing with their young children and wish that were me.
It is the wonder of the universe to have a child and I would be so happy to experience that.
- August 17, 2020 at 1:47 pm #375178Wendy SwiftParticipantRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 235Has thanked: 144 timesBeen thanked: 798 times
I answered no. But I do like the poll though, I’ve never seen a question like this being asked before.
On the other hand, I do not mean to side track the topic, one thing I have wondered about is the act/intimacy of getting pregnant and how it would feel as a woman.
- August 17, 2020 at 1:40 pm #375174Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 589Has thanked: 1003 timesBeen thanked: 2036 times
It has always been a thought in the back of my mind that if I could do it back then, I most certainly would have. I wouldn’t actually need to be married for it to happen as my mom never married and she raised my sister and I pretty well, with a few hard spots at times, but who doesn’t have those.
I was very close to my sister when she was pregnant with both of her daughters, and marveled at the changes she went through and she actually said she loved how it made her feel. Yes, there were some bad days to endure, but with my sister being there also, I could do it just fine I believe.
- August 17, 2020 at 11:54 am #375121Kymera RomaineParticipantRegistered On: August 17, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 4Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 97 times
- August 17, 2020 at 6:51 am #375029patty williamsParticipantRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 62Replies: 1135Has thanked: 1755 timesBeen thanked: 3685 times
Hi Gloria ,
I don’t think so,
My wife always said if the wife had the first child and the man the second one there would be a lot of families with one child.LOL
I could be wrong but I don’t think I would be able to.
However I do love my kids and am glad to have them.
- August 16, 2020 at 2:04 pm #374789ChloeCParticipantRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 177Has thanked: 306 timesBeen thanked: 613 times
I answered ‘Yes’, but in the sense if I had to live it over again as female, since I’m way beyond child-bearing years. As was mentioned below, I’ve also been present at the births of my 3 children (the oldest is now mid-40’s) with the last 2 being natural. I’ve always had ‘sympathy/empathy pains’, and wondered how their mother could possibly withstand that pain and extreme discomfort (even for the 9 preceding months!), but I’ve also understood that if were me, I’d just do what I could to deal with it, because, at least for me and hopefully others, I believe the results – being totally responsible for and then giving birth to a live being – far exceeds most everything else we have to endure.
- August 16, 2020 at 8:36 am #374713AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 14Replies: 205Has thanked: 346 timesBeen thanked: 590 times
- August 15, 2020 at 10:56 am #374374Autumn ValiantParticipantRegistered On: July 14, 2019Topics: 29Replies: 1084Has thanked: 15165 timesBeen thanked: 2623 times
The way I read the question, this is to be considered in everyone’s current life. If the gender fairy were to appear to me today and offer this as an option, I would have to say no. I’m 54 and have two children and the thought of having more children this late in life is totally undesirable. Perhaps I am looking at it all from a very practical point of view, perhaps a critical one at that. I have said that my first child was my lifesaver because I was going nowhere fast when that unplanned pregnancy came into my life. My whole world view changed the day my first was born. To me children are a gift and a blessing. I feel so connected to my children that I don’t know if feeling them grow inside me and birthing them would have made me feel any closer to them than I already am. (I think my children would agree it didn’t help matters with their bio-mom). There is a certain romanticism around pregnancy. I have always found pregnant women to be radiant and extra attractive.
The idea does raise some interesting questions…..
If I were to be the mommy who would be the daddy?
How exactly did we conceive?
Can we rewind the clock and do this 20-30 years ago?
I’m amazed no one has mentioned breastfeeding yet.
Now I’m rambling….
- August 15, 2020 at 6:34 am #374275Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 24Replies: 549Has thanked: 2392 timesBeen thanked: 2593 times
I have been waiting for this question …
Though I will ( honestly ) say the idea of the pain of childbirth does not appeal to me at all, I would love to experience the feeling of growing a life within me. And especially – for me, being the way I am – the emotional aspect and experience. Lord, I would probably be crying emotionally every day….
- August 15, 2020 at 6:25 am #374273
- August 14, 2020 at 7:55 pm #374168
- August 14, 2020 at 6:28 pm #374152Jenny Thigh HighParticipantRegistered On: August 10, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 207Has thanked: 896 timesBeen thanked: 913 times
Wow, that is a wild question!
I think no.
However, I have often fantasized about giving myself so completely to a man that I carry his child (if it were possible). The act of love making and the submission to my man on my part would be an incredible experience…but to then be a mother? I think not.
I would die to be a man’s bride, but probably not a mother. Probably not.
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by Jenny Thigh High.
- August 14, 2020 at 5:11 pm #374146AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 53Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 192 times
I would love to experience the ultimate act of love…having a baby with the man I love.
I love kids, did a lot of baby sitting in high school for the neighbor next door.
A dream, I know…but a single dad would the closest I could come
- August 14, 2020 at 1:59 pm #374124
- August 14, 2020 at 1:34 pm #374115
- August 14, 2020 at 12:53 pm #374098Millicent TeasedaleParticipantRegistered On: August 24, 2015Topics: 10Replies: 168Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 302 times
This one was very easy for me. No way, no how. I’ve known since I was 17 that I didn’t want children. Going through pregnancy and birth as well as being responsible for raising and supporting another person – definitely not the right thing for me.
- August 14, 2020 at 12:40 pm #374092
- August 14, 2020 at 10:32 am #374055karley delawareParticipantRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 375Has thanked: 1546 timesBeen thanked: 882 times
Yes I would!!! My man would be a crossdresser…………and I would enjoy his or her company!!! Intimate time would be so interesting!!! The challenge would be to show this is all okay………………..karley
- August 14, 2020 at 8:19 am #374031KristaParticipantRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 229Has thanked: 175 timesBeen thanked: 750 times
Great question Gloria, Absolutely, I would have loved that experience. I think, though, I would wait until my early 30s to have a child. I was still too immature in some ways in my 20s. But I think I would make a great Mom. And would follow in the footsteps of my Mom who was absolutely wonderful. Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Best, Hugs, Krista
- August 14, 2020 at 6:55 am #374008AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 6 times
Definitely I have often thought of what that would be like , I’m sure nothing is more feminine than being a mother , all the makeup in the world could not make me more of a woman than carrying a child, great question
- August 14, 2020 at 6:54 am #374007Michelle BaileyParticipantRegistered On: July 17, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 87Has thanked: 1501 timesBeen thanked: 288 times
Hi Gloria I voted yes it would be a lovely experience to give birth (apart from pain )and bring a new baby into the world and all the lovely things that go with bringing up a child , we have three daughters and two grand daughters , I love them all and not forgetting their mum . Michelle xx
- August 14, 2020 at 6:21 am #374003IsabelParticipantRegistered On: February 4, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 51Has thanked: 57 timesBeen thanked: 216 times
- August 14, 2020 at 5:13 am #373983Kay AndersonParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 495Has thanked: 4641 timesBeen thanked: 2568 times
- August 14, 2020 at 4:24 am #373975Joanne JacksonParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 47Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 150 times
- August 14, 2020 at 2:40 am #373961Stephanie KennedyParticipantRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 604Has thanked: 3758 timesBeen thanked: 2201 times
Hi Gloria Its a good question I would love to have the ability to get pregnant and give birth which means i would of been born with the right body. I would want to live and experience having the right body for a while. Too many decisions, My answer is NOT SURE
- August 14, 2020 at 12:59 am #373949
- August 13, 2020 at 10:27 pm #373937
- August 13, 2020 at 8:59 pm #373929Olivia LivinParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 35Replies: 1454Has thanked: 6237 timesBeen thanked: 3375 times
I was there at their birth, held them within minutes of it, loved and helped raise them into the beautiful people they are, thats close enough for me.
While the practicing for becoming pregnant and the boob growth would likely be enjoyable, the other negative physical aspects and pain associated with carrying it or giving birth have no appeal to me.
- August 13, 2020 at 6:34 pm #373903AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 30Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 105 times
I dont have any children. Ive never got to experience a pregnancy really. Ive never held a baby. Now im really sad. But anyway, the thought of something alive and growing inside me creeps me out. But I do kinds wish I had a child or children. Im the last Brown and our genes die with me. And my folks would have been great grandparents. Now im crying.
- August 16, 2020 at 1:15 pm #374771Gloria ReneeParticipantRegistered On: July 7, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 137Has thanked: 2001 timesBeen thanked: 657 times
So sorry to hear, Lisa. I was there for both my kids (both c-section) due to complications with the moms health. Both healthy and ready to go.
From a very young age, I always wondered what it was like.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- August 16, 2020 at 9:50 pm #374926AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 30Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 105 times
Life goes on. You Can’t stop it, no matter how much you want to. We are all dead. Some just more than others.
- August 13, 2020 at 4:21 pm #373867K SwimParticipantRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 617Has thanked: 308 timesBeen thanked: 1128 times
- August 13, 2020 at 4:06 pm #373861Rozalyne RichardsParticipantRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 227Has thanked: 245 timesBeen thanked: 622 times
- August 13, 2020 at 3:11 pm #373834
- August 13, 2020 at 3:00 pm #373827Sa•man•thaFounderRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 266Replies: 1405Has thanked: 6041 timesBeen thanked: 4860 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.