- Yes62.77%86 votes
- No37.23%51 votes
- August 13, 2020 at 2:19 pm #373816Gloria ReneeParticipantRegistered On: July 7, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 153Has thanked: 2072 timesBeen thanked: 750 times
I have often wondered what it was like to become pregnant, carry a child to term, give birth and hold that new born in your arms.
So would you if it were possible?
I know, so many possible scenarios for this. Just trying to keep it simple.
Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- November 4, 2020 at 6:55 am #402765
- August 22, 2020 at 1:25 pm #376744MollyDuchessRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 259Has thanked: 1342 timesBeen thanked: 802 times
Gloria, This is a great question!
I’ve got to say it’s an unqualified “Yes!” …. I’ve often commented that any chance to magically experience life as a female would be an automatic acceptance, and being able to do this is definitely the most feminine of experiences. As we have 3 wonderful children, The thought of another one (as a parent in the 20s) would be attractive.
The strange thing I can add to this is that I’ve experienced some kidney stones over the years and have had women who have had stones and children come up to me and express sympathies as to the pain and “TELL ME” how much easier the pain of childbirth actually is. One particular lady spent some 15 minutes in a full on monologue making sure I understood this. However I will say I’ve always played down their statements and indicated my extreme respect for women who have become mothers… As a father, I’ve got to say it’s still a scary process to watch when you’ve seen it start to go wrong.
-Molly (feeling like I should be signing with my drab name)
- August 19, 2020 at 8:59 am #375719Peaches VictoriaChat CrewRegistered On: April 26, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 21Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 64 times
- August 19, 2020 at 8:10 am #375702Petra YLadyRegistered On: September 14, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 35 times
Yes i definetly would. Over the years i have imagined my self pregnant many times. I have dressed in a maternity look many times and it always makes me feel peaceful.This is more difficult now because of my age but still love to indulge once in a while.
- August 18, 2020 at 8:58 am #375415GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 548Has thanked: 5197 timesBeen thanked: 2322 times
- August 17, 2020 at 10:08 pm #375319Sheryl JohnstoneChat CrewRegistered On: September 7, 2015Topics: 3Replies: 138Has thanked: 449 timesBeen thanked: 128 times
- August 17, 2020 at 8:08 pm #375298Laura Jane MooreLadyRegistered On: July 10, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 106Has thanked: 708 timesBeen thanked: 446 times
Yes….. I would love it. I often look at young women pushing their babies in their carriages… or playing with their young children and wish that were me.
It is the wonder of the universe to have a child and I would be so happy to experience that.
- August 17, 2020 at 1:47 pm #375178Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 311Has thanked: 213 timesBeen thanked: 1203 times
I answered no. But I do like the poll though, I’ve never seen a question like this being asked before.
On the other hand, I do not mean to side track the topic, one thing I have wondered about is the act/intimacy of getting pregnant and how it would feel as a woman.
- August 17, 2020 at 1:40 pm #375174Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 811Has thanked: 6177 timesBeen thanked: 3157 times
It has always been a thought in the back of my mind that if I could do it back then, I most certainly would have. I wouldn’t actually need to be married for it to happen as my mom never married and she raised my sister and I pretty well, with a few hard spots at times, but who doesn’t have those.
I was very close to my sister when she was pregnant with both of her daughters, and marveled at the changes she went through and she actually said she loved how it made her feel. Yes, there were some bad days to endure, but with my sister being there also, I could do it just fine I believe.
- August 17, 2020 at 11:54 am #375121Kymera RomaineLadyRegistered On: August 17, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 3Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 106 times
- August 17, 2020 at 6:51 am #375029patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 64Replies: 1203Has thanked: 1960 timesBeen thanked: 4105 times
Hi Gloria ,
I don’t think so,
My wife always said if the wife had the first child and the man the second one there would be a lot of families with one child.LOL
I could be wrong but I don’t think I would be able to.
However I do love my kids and am glad to have them.
- August 16, 2020 at 2:04 pm #374789ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 229Has thanked: 425 timesBeen thanked: 889 times
I answered ‘Yes’, but in the sense if I had to live it over again as female, since I’m way beyond child-bearing years. As was mentioned below, I’ve also been present at the births of my 3 children (the oldest is now mid-40’s) with the last 2 being natural. I’ve always had ‘sympathy/empathy pains’, and wondered how their mother could possibly withstand that pain and extreme discomfort (even for the 9 preceding months!), but I’ve also understood that if were me, I’d just do what I could to deal with it, because, at least for me and hopefully others, I believe the results – being totally responsible for and then giving birth to a live being – far exceeds most everything else we have to endure.
- August 16, 2020 at 8:36 am #374713AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 14Replies: 203Has thanked: 346 timesBeen thanked: 596 times
- August 15, 2020 at 10:56 am #374374Autumn ValiantDuchessRegistered On: July 14, 2019Topics: 32Replies: 1131Has thanked: 16864 timesBeen thanked: 2913 times
The way I read the question, this is to be considered in everyone’s current life. If the gender fairy were to appear to me today and offer this as an option, I would have to say no. I’m 54 and have two children and the thought of having more children this late in life is totally undesirable. Perhaps I am looking at it all from a very practical point of view, perhaps a critical one at that. I have said that my first child was my lifesaver because I was going nowhere fast when that unplanned pregnancy came into my life. My whole world view changed the day my first was born. To me children are a gift and a blessing. I feel so connected to my children that I don’t know if feeling them grow inside me and birthing them would have made me feel any closer to them than I already am. (I think my children would agree it didn’t help matters with their bio-mom). There is a certain romanticism around pregnancy. I have always found pregnant women to be radiant and extra attractive.
The idea does raise some interesting questions…..
If I were to be the mommy who would be the daddy?
How exactly did we conceive?
Can we rewind the clock and do this 20-30 years ago?
I’m amazed no one has mentioned breastfeeding yet.
Now I’m rambling….
- August 15, 2020 at 6:34 am #374275Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 798Has thanked: 3882 timesBeen thanked: 4235 times
I have been waiting for this question …
Though I will ( honestly ) say the idea of the pain of childbirth does not appeal to me at all, I would love to experience the feeling of growing a life within me. And especially – for me, being the way I am – the emotional aspect and experience. Lord, I would probably be crying emotionally every day….
- August 15, 2020 at 6:25 am #374273
- August 14, 2020 at 7:55 pm #374168
- August 14, 2020 at 6:28 pm #374152Jenny Thigh HighLadyRegistered On: August 10, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 246Has thanked: 1081 timesBeen thanked: 1202 times
Wow, that is a wild question!
I think no.
However, I have often fantasized about giving myself so completely to a man that I carry his child (if it were possible). The act of love making and the submission to my man on my part would be an incredible experience…but to then be a mother? I think not.
I would die to be a man’s bride, but probably not a mother. Probably not.
- This reply was modified 5 months ago by Jenny Thigh High.
- August 14, 2020 at 5:11 pm #374146AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 53Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 200 times
I would love to experience the ultimate act of love…having a baby with the man I love.
I love kids, did a lot of baby sitting in high school for the neighbor next door.
A dream, I know…but a single dad would the closest I could come
- August 14, 2020 at 1:59 pm #374124
- August 14, 2020 at 1:34 pm #374115
- August 14, 2020 at 12:53 pm #374098Millicent TeasedaleDuchessRegistered On: August 24, 2015Topics: 10Replies: 168Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 306 times
This one was very easy for me. No way, no how. I’ve known since I was 17 that I didn’t want children. Going through pregnancy and birth as well as being responsible for raising and supporting another person – definitely not the right thing for me.
- August 14, 2020 at 12:40 pm #374092
- August 14, 2020 at 10:32 am #374055karley delawareBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 409Has thanked: 1787 timesBeen thanked: 1136 times
- August 14, 2020 at 8:19 am #374031KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 308Has thanked: 434 timesBeen thanked: 1175 times
Great question Gloria, Absolutely, I would have loved that experience. I think, though, I would wait until my early 30s to have a child. I was still too immature in some ways in my 20s. But I think I would make a great Mom. And would follow in the footsteps of my Mom who was absolutely wonderful. Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Best, Hugs, Krista
- August 14, 2020 at 6:55 am #374008AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 6 times
Definitely I have often thought of what that would be like , I’m sure nothing is more feminine than being a mother , all the makeup in the world could not make me more of a woman than carrying a child, great question
- August 14, 2020 at 6:54 am #374007Michelle BaileyLadyRegistered On: July 17, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 104Has thanked: 2847 timesBeen thanked: 441 times
Hi Gloria I voted yes it would be a lovely experience to give birth (apart from pain )and bring a new baby into the world and all the lovely things that go with bringing up a child , we have three daughters and two grand daughters , I love them all and not forgetting their mum . Michelle xx
- August 14, 2020 at 6:21 am #374003IsabelLadyRegistered On: February 4, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 51Has thanked: 57 timesBeen thanked: 223 times
- August 14, 2020 at 5:13 am #373983
- August 14, 2020 at 4:24 am #373975Joanne JacksonLadyRegistered On: May 26, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 85Has thanked: 204 timesBeen thanked: 409 times
- August 14, 2020 at 2:40 am #373961Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 605Has thanked: 3786 timesBeen thanked: 2234 times
Hi Gloria Its a good question I would love to have the ability to get pregnant and give birth which means i would of been born with the right body. I would want to live and experience having the right body for a while. Too many decisions, My answer is NOT SURE
- August 14, 2020 at 12:59 am #373949
- August 13, 2020 at 10:27 pm #373937
- August 13, 2020 at 8:59 pm #373929Olivia LivinLadyRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 37Replies: 1486Has thanked: 6691 timesBeen thanked: 3605 times
I was there at their birth, held them within minutes of it, loved and helped raise them into the beautiful people they are, thats close enough for me.
While the practicing for becoming pregnant and the boob growth would likely be enjoyable, the other negative physical aspects and pain associated with carrying it or giving birth have no appeal to me.
- August 13, 2020 at 6:34 pm #373903AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 29Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 111 times
I dont have any children. Ive never got to experience a pregnancy really. Ive never held a baby. Now im really sad. But anyway, the thought of something alive and growing inside me creeps me out. But I do kinds wish I had a child or children. Im the last Brown and our genes die with me. And my folks would have been great grandparents. Now im crying.
- August 16, 2020 at 1:15 pm #374771Gloria ReneeLadyRegistered On: July 7, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 153Has thanked: 2072 timesBeen thanked: 750 times
So sorry to hear, Lisa. I was there for both my kids (both c-section) due to complications with the moms health. Both healthy and ready to go.
From a very young age, I always wondered what it was like.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- August 16, 2020 at 9:50 pm #374926AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 29Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 111 times
Life goes on. You Can’t stop it, no matter how much you want to. We are all dead. Some just more than others.
- August 13, 2020 at 4:21 pm #373867K SwimLadyRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 619Has thanked: 310 timesBeen thanked: 1155 times
- August 13, 2020 at 4:06 pm #373861Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 291Has thanked: 382 timesBeen thanked: 956 times
- August 13, 2020 at 3:11 pm #373834
- August 13, 2020 at 3:00 pm #373827Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 389Replies: 1617Has thanked: 7167 timesBeen thanked: 6163 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.