Viewing 32 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So I have met two crossdressers while going to crossdressing events that met their wives, fiancé’s or girlfriends while crossdressed when they first met. I know for both it is not perfect but has put them way ahead of the curve with the women they love then most of us here with their wives  or significant others  acceptance as they know right from the start the person they love crossdresses. I am curious what others think or have experienced. I do not believe my wife would be with me as she is attracted to the manly man and maleness if she met me first while crossdressed.  I do believe many women are open and can talk to or appreciate crossdressers or drag in others but find it difficult to be attractive in their men.

Ultimately it is the person you love but when crossdressing is hidden for so long from the woman you love it is for many impossible to find a lot of the acceptance many of us want and desire from our wives. For some are crossdressing ends things, for some we settle on DADT, for some we do it bit they don’t want to see it, For others they see it but may or may not understand it and are indifferent tolerant or accepting but not encouraging of it.

It is just an interesting thought and occurrence that  although rare has happened to some to meet while crossdressing in public somewhere, maybe a Halloween party. I am sure many here wish they met their wife while crossdressed that way they could cut through the anguish and so called red tape or bureaucracy of desires and acceptance.  Curious for thoughts or comments as every post here may not help all but I know can always help another.

Hugs April

Hi April i don’t think my wife and me would still be together if we met while i was crossdressed, she says she doesn’t understand why some men want to dress up like women, which is the main reason I’ve never come out to her, I think if i did come out to her that would be the end of our married life, I believe if we had met while i was dressed she would have just told me No just go away and leave her alone X

Hugs Rozalyn X

I understand that as many women are truly attracted to men and or manly men. My wife tolerates my crossdressing she has gone out with me 3 times in public. She does not understand it and is not attracted to it at all, does not like April but does recognize I have a need for it and it is a a part of who I am. For that I am thankful.

I also understand if you love someone and want to be with them some have to never let them know. I have empathy for them wishing it was different. So many bad stories of when a wife discovers something being hidden from her.

Anonymous

April,

You really won the jack pot with your wife and I hope you treat her well in return!  I often read things on this site about a wife not accepting this or that, and often, accepting isn’t the issue.  I accept that my husband dresses but I can’t flip a switch and all of the sudden find it attractive or appealing.  I’m completely heterosexual and he presented as male for 14 years before she made herself known.  No matter how much I love him I can’t will myself to be attracted to something I’m not.  I don’t believe we would be together if I had met him while dressed.

Hugs,

Betty

Thanks for your comments Betty. I understand that my wife tried and is not one bit attracted to my female presentation. She accepts me but does not like it but also knows I can’t stop that it is a part of what makes me who I am. I love her so much and realize I have a woman who is willing to go with me to CD  events so I can present in Public. She will ask me what I think when she is going to wear an outfit for going out. She went through her closet last weekend and asked for my opinion for half the things she was going through. Her biggest issue with April is I talk more and listen more when dressed as April and she wishes and hopes that I will do more in drab. I am working on it to be more open and a better communicator when not dressed.

I agree if she presented herself as a man with her chest bound and a beard with short hair I would not be attracted to her at all just like she is not when I present as a woman. She also would not want to present herself as a man.

Hello Betty, you are so right regarding who you are. I find many trans people have this misconception the spouse will just jump on board and think starring at another woman in bed  will be a real turn on. Why would a married woman in a hetero. Relationship want to open her eyes in bed and stare down a person presenting as female?
            One reason women accept trans people is they do not feel threatened by them, similar to gay friends. They feel safe around lgbt friends.
            In my case, my s/o is equal parts in a threesome basically and enjoys it immensely. She doe# not care who .I present as in bed or anywhere, but never ever feels she is with a woman in bed. She is always with him in bed. I have no issues with that whatsoever, nor should I.

Hi April that’s what I’m afraid of will my wife feel betrayed if i come out to her after being married for solong, and then will she demand a divorce X

Hugs Rozalyn X

Right that is a legitimate concern I can see both sides of the issue.

The only up side if we got divorced April is i could dress 24/7 , if i got my own place to live X

Hugs X

But think long and hard- would it be worth it. foot your obsessive CD euphoria? There are others to think of

Hi Meghan that’s why I’m still in the closet,. I’ve got children and grandchildren and 3 years ago we had a great granddaughter, it’s a lot to give up X

Hugs Rozalyn X

Probably not. I had long hair when we met but had never even thought about crossdressing back then. I was the rocker dude and her the country girl and somehow it worked.

Awesome well I am glad it works for you two a little bit country and a little bit Rock n Roll. I think for most here it would not have worked if crossdressed when first met. Everyones story is a little different similar but different we all have our paths to walk and make it work with our wife’s and loved ones.

April, the answer to your question is a firm resounding NO! This was back in the old world of 1970. She came from a traditional strict Italian family, Catholic, with women being supserviante to men. She caught me dressed by coming  home early from church , it was shock, tears and her threatening divorce by fraud . Long story short all is well, and married for 52 years. Her parents and sister never found out before they died. The funny upside of this is I inherited a lot of lingerie, foundations , corselettes ( with  garters) and lots of old fashioned nylon stockings that I still wear today 👍😉Oh, if mama ever knew…wearing them right now🥰

Thanks Meghan glad your marriage has worked and you have enjoyed the  expansion of your wardrobe!

My spouse knows now that I am trans. I only came out to her about 5 years into our marriage and it was quite a traumatic experience. We are still technically married, share the same house, but it is very cold and hostile! I only wish I had the courage to come out in my twenties rather than my fourties as life could have been so much happier and easier…and I probably would have transitioned already by now lol. I do however not regret coming out. Even if it did wreck our marriage, as I cold not envisage staying in the closet for the rest of my life. xx

Sorry things are cold and hostile Skye, I am glad you are walking your path now even though many of us in hindsight would do many things different knowing what we know now with our own journeys thanks for sharing.

It is what it is I suppose! Just wish I had had the courage to come out years ago….I probably would have transitioned by now! lol xx

This is a difficult question to answer. Early on when I opened up to her about my crossdressing we were dating and we had lots of positive experiences with me dressed. It was new and exciting to her. But as time went on and it lost some of the spice it became an arguing point. After years of talking and figuring out what we both enjoyed about it and what the limits were we got to a place where sex and excitement aren’t part of it and it’s just a hobby that gets on her nerves sometimes and other times she is just like have fun.

Can understand that for sure Gabby many of us get crushed, confused, some angry when early excitement, sex when dressed or having articles of clothing put on us or lip stick or lip gloss we take that as a foundation a level that cant be taken away only to find out later they tried to play to encourage and or accept but it is not for them. And why find a different level of acceptance that is more comfortable or tolerable for them and if we love them and don’t want anything more than crossdressing we find a balance that still can change a bit with the moon. Lol

AnnaBeth Black
      Duchess - Annual

I wish I had been cross dressed when we met, that way she would have known what she was getting into. I’m pretty sure she would have laughed and then ran for the hills and I would have never seen her again. Like you mentioned, if she had known from the start it would have saved me much anguish. She is living in peaceful bliss because I haven’t had the courage to share Annabeth with her.

I just think most women would not be with us, those that would want to be with or consider a crossdresser would be sitting down with you while dressed talking for a long time asking all those questions those of us that have shared with our spouses have answered and those who may have not have been asked by their wife but have contemplated the Q&A as they love their spouse and know the most likely outcome of loss of a loved one and determined the love is not worth the loss of sharing their whole self. One of the crossdressers I met his fiancé they spent some time having those discussions and even dancing while crossdressed. I wish you the most happiness in your journey.

Anonymous
      Lady

When I couldn’t stand to be in the closet any longer I came out to my wife. That was about six years ago and she had the usual questions and we had the usual period of turmoil before she finally came to terms with it. She said she would have never married me if she had known before but now after we’ve invested decades in a marriage she was here to stay. “For better or worse” has real meaning for some.

For the first couple of years she would go with me and help me buy clothes which was an exciting time but she soon said it just wasn’t her thing and she would no longer help so now I buy by myself or online without a problem. She never saw me dressed and didn’t want to either. She stated she had been going shopping with me to “protect” me as a cover.

She understands my need to dress. As things stand today I dress within limits at home and she doesn’t care but no skirts, dresses, heels, or makeup. I’ve let my hair grow into a 14in ponytail and wear earrings now and she says she likes both. Things like tights, leggings, fem tops that aren’t too flashy, jeans, flats, panties and bra with forms are ok with her. I don’t push it. She will borrow my panties at times. On the forms she says not any bigger than what she has and she doesn’t want me going out in public. We have a DADT relationship and it works for us.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I have had two serious relationships during my time on this mortal coil.

I told my first wife about my CD feelings not long after we were married. She hated it all with a passion and almost 30 years later, yes that was one of the reasons for the eventual divorce.

Number 2 is a loving SO of over 20 years. She found out after I left some jewellery where I should not have done so.

She knows “but does not want to know”, so I keep Caty from here as much as possible

Happy dressing

Caty.

Hi Caty! She knows “but does not want to know” is the best way to describe my wife.

Leonara
          Ambassador

Me too, Kristen, Kathy “knows but does not want to know”… all these years (CD last 10 years). Our compromise DADT! …

With my second wife it was strange, when we first started dating, she was with guy who liked to wear tutus, petticoats and such, he would leave them there for her to wash with her intimates. She showed me. They were pretty. She knew I crossdressed and it wasn’t a big thing to her. She was bisexual and had and was dating a crossdresser(s). Then she decided (after 19 yrs of marriage to me) that all crossdressers were gay and lesbianism was a major sin and she was probably going to hell, so she asked for a divorce. Turns our she was actually having an affair with a guy and that was the main factor behind the divorce.My third wife, Idon’t know. I told her when we first started dating I liked to wear women’s things and it didn’t seem to phase her much, now we’re in the DADT stage but she is starting to accept Kristen more and more, and 11 yrs of marriage. First wife was all for the crossdressing, but it was lust for us, not love.

First marriage ended because it tasted like rice cakes,   nothing to do with my gender. Second is going perfect with her full knowledge and participation with both of me. Living the dream.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I wish my ex had caught me when we were dating.  Would’ve dodged a costly and ugly divorce.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I don’t think the laws of attraction would have worked for us. While she has several friends in same sex marriages. They are friends and not love interest. She is warm and friendly to everyone she sees. I just dont think she would have any love interest in someone who presented in the same sex as her. She may be softening from the DADT operational mode. It appears that we may be getting used to the idea of me CDing.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

My wife met Patty a couple of weeks after we met. I had been out the night before. When I came home and undressed for bed, I figured I would put my clothes Away in the morning. As luck would have it, my new girlfriend thought it would be a nice surprise showing up at my place. It was until she saw the women’s clothes lying about.

She apologized for showing up and was going to leave. I decided to just tell her the truth. I told her the clothes were mine. I enjoy wearing them. Last night, I had been out at a party. I got home late and didn’t put the clothes away yet. She had a suspicious look on her face and asked me to show her.

I took the clothes, went in the bedroom and got dressed with makeup and everything. When I came walking out, she was stunned. She could not believe how pretty and sexy I was and how different I looked. She thought it would be fun if we went out as girlfriends. Later that day we spent several hours at a mall shopping. I was incredibly nervous at first, but after a while, the fear passed and it was an amazing experience. We both got some real nice things. We ended up going out often as girlfriends.

I think if we met when I was Patty, we would have hit it off well.

Awesome thank you for sharing your diamond in the rough, that is beautiful!

Hi Patty! It’s Sandy. I had a great relationship with that girl that is still my wife. While dating she used to put her bra on me while her parents were in the next room. It was absolutely great for me. I don’t know how she knew it was sexy as I thought and we’ve never discussed it. Now I dress whenever the mood strikes me. My wife doesn’t exactly approve but tolerates. Good luck, hugs, Sandy.

Patty Phose
          Duchess

Sounds like fun times Sandy.

Thanks Patty for your comment it was a great time in our dating years. She still don’t understand or approve but tolerates.

thanks again. Hugs, Sandy.

Patty Phose
            Duchess

My wife and I used to go out a lot as girlfriends. At first, I would show up femme and we would go out as girlfriends. I was often very nervous, but that sense of excitement and danger was such an incredible rush. Just going anywhere without considering the possible risks was very bold and out of the ordinary for my dressing in public. I was usually very careful about where and when I went out en femme.

Just envisioning being femme and being out with my girlfriend as a girl was so exciting.

I had asked her several times if I should get femme or stay in guy mode when we were going out. She told me to do whatever I wanted. I wanted to be femme all the timer. So for a while, unless we were going somewhere where being Patty might not be suitable or appropriate, I would go enfemme.

Patty Phose
            Duchess

We had some incredible times going out as girlfriends. I did things with her I would not have done by myself.

JJ PHoser
      Lady

Almost certainly not.  I told her early in our relationship that I’d really like to try on pantyhose, I was pretty sure I’d enjoy the feeling.  She said that she did not and would not find a man in pantyhose attractive.  At the time I thought I was one of the very few men who wore pantyhose, so I just keep my passion for pantyhose to myself.  Several years ago she found out.  She was very upset, and said that she would never have married me if she knew when we first started dating.  I told her I would not stop wearing, I enjoyed it too much.  I suspect that if she had found out in the first few years after marriage, she might have divorced me.

We just never talk about it now.  She knows I like panties, but not, as far as I know, that I enjoy wearing lingerie.

I was quite surprised by her negative and unsupportive reaction.  We are both very liberal liberal, and fully supports LGBTQ, issues, and crossdressing.  Just not for her husband.  Also, our youngest son like wearing girls clothes when he was young, both of fully supported him.  I don’t know if he still does.

A lot of women have that preference accept others and support as long as I don’t have to live with it as I am not attracted to that and for some don’t want anything being said negatively about their man.

Thanks for sharing I am curious about your son though.

Anonymous
      Lady

No

Anonymous

In my view, this is an excellent way to meet a woman who could be accepting and perhaps even share in the joys of being a cross dresser.

When I started venturing out in public fully en femme, I encountered a surprising number of attractive women who APPROACHED ME, not the other way around. In each case they let me know that they were intrigued and interested in getting to know me because I was a cross dresser.

Unfortunately, I was still married at that time and wasn’t ethically willing to explore those possibilities at the time.

I agree it would be and the two crossdressers I was talking about met their women while out at Crossdressing events being held in public view in Las Vegas and the women intrigued approached them.

Leah
      Baroness

I would say most ladies in general if they saw us cross dressed , would NOT be interested in the least.  While some may be intrigued by our dressing. I have yet to see or find many that seek us out or look for someone that cross dresses.

They are typically fine with cross dressing..just as long as its not their man or impacts them.

Speaking from my perspective, there was a fine time line of when I told my current wife. If I had shared too early, she woudl haev said, not interested. But since she had gotten to knwo me first and built our relation, when things were getting more serious, I shared it with her before things got even m ore serious so if she could not handle or did not want to deal with it, it gave her an out.

Too many ladies want their “man” but yet want them to not be so hard or caveman like.

Very well said I agree most women are and feel that way. For many the view is it is ok, but wouldn’t want it for their man.

Role reverse and well, doesn,t sound so appetizing now. Let het get a butch haircut, tape up the breasts, jump in a pair of sweats with a Coors tshirt, socks and man# runners, toss the makeup and jewellry, as a little chest and facial hair, and look you in the eye and say, hey baby, wanna go shake the sheets with me?

No idea. We are still together today and do every5hing together, regardless of who I present as. Would I say we are the exception to the rule? Probably, maybe, I’d like to think not.

Yes I would say you ( we) ARE the exception to the rule. We’re married 52 years and she accepts and understands. I’ve seen way too many post here of members who are or have been divorced 1,2,3 times due to Crossdressing. Think of how the wives feel when they find out, not telling them and WE are expecting for them to get it, understand and force this new crisis into their lives. Sometimes we can be so narcissistic and selfish. It’s more than telling them …” but it’s only a piece of cloth? We’re not hurting anyone.” WANNA Bet🫤😨

without a doubt Meghan.  This topic leads to discussions on, “the big lie. “.

Yea Jill , too many here are afraid to face the fact 🥲that they themselves are responsible for their own actions through lies , deception, not being truthful, or honest upfront- say goodbye to relationships 1,2,3…. and counting

Sad 😢

Not sorry if I ruffled any  feathers, I speak my mind openly as I see thing. Observant and opinionated

Fear, shame, it’s the same for all until they come out, if ever. I didn’t come out because I wanted to, I came out because I had to make a choice, live with a lie the rest of my life pretending our relationship was perfect or try to best explain who I am and take my chances she would accept and understand who I was and that I still loved her as my best friend and my lover. I was prepared as we all must, to lose everything I had with her, everything. She didn’t sign on for this and I could not expect her to.  As it turned out, after some group crying, she accepted me and began her journey as a part of this threesome.  He4 position is, we all have unique features, who are we to question or reject, rather than accept. Let’s try it and see where we end up. Life has been grand ever since, 22 years later. Only issue we ever have now is who is going to carry ‘her’ luggage. The freedom one gets from revealing the lie is indescribable. For some it will become heavenly, for others, a nightmare. Only one way to know and she has a right to know, like it or not.

Here, Here ! Bravo!!!  when thought out , well spoken Jill. You should be a CD therapist/ counselor.

Now Jill Girl- I have one Question for You?

Who takes out the garbage, kids the Spider in the bathtub, and loosens tight jars???

Jill of your Man self?                                                                                                              ( Above a favorite female comedic line from                                                              ‘Only 3 things a husband is Good for’ )

Lol,

Oddly when I was a teen a couple of years ago, friends would always come to me for guidance regarding problems they were having. No idea why but they did. I was the one that got along with everyone, the good and the not so good. We share trash duties. Living in the country, the trash and recycle goes to the garage a hundred feet away from the house until I load it in the truck to take to the waste disposal site. Sometimes he takes it to the dump or Jill takes it. The guy at the dump won’t talk to Jill but will talk to him. Lmao every time I go as Jill.
            no kids, no spiders, but we do get field voles and the Misses is an expert in trapping them and disposing of them. The local owl population removes all the evidence .

Jars, those dreaded jars. I would like to sit down with the CEO of these companies that jar stuff and have them open about a thousand of them. I’m patient, I can wait. When finished, I personally will drive them to the chiropractor.

Stephanie Flowers
            Ambassador

No need to apologize for being so right…🌷

i asked my SO if when we first met I had been wearing panties and a bra would she still have dated me. She said she would have. What a woman. I did not start dressing until my early 70s (wig, boobs, etc) except for panties which was many years ago; they are so comfortable and light. Best, Marlene.

Good question. Here in Mexico we still have a very strong gender division, the macho thing, you know. So, I seriously doubt that my wife would have felt attracted to me if I were crossdressed when we met. And also the fact that most people just ignore the existance of crossdressers. I mean for society, if you wear women clothes is because you’re homosexual.

I decided to tell my wife about it when we were dating, and she accepted it! But still, I can feel her disconfort or akwardness when I express my feminine side in different circumstances. That makes me be more private about it all.

That is understandable for sure it cannot be easy for all women to accept in their man. The fact that she does in you is wonderful even if their are uncomfortable times and uneasiness.

Petra Sue
        Lady

I met my wife when I was working in Mexico.  I agree she wouldn’t have been attracted to me if she had met me while I was dressed (which wasn’t that much of an option then because I had purged my wardrobe before I moved there).  Culturally, it was just too far out there.

After we started dating, I slowly started talking to her about it and actually talked her into making me up one night.  She thought it was different, and wondered if I was gay, but was pretty open minded about it.

There have been some ups and downs along the way.  I purged once or twice when she was feeling less comfortable with my dressing.  As time has gone by, she’s accepted Petra and developed a really good eye for what looks good on me.  We even managed a girls night out at a fancy hotel.

Amy Oxley
      Lady

I would never have met my wife for the first time whilst dressed as I don’t dress in public, but after meeting her it didn’t take long before I new she was the one I was going to spend the rest of my life with. So i wanted to be honest and upfront with her. I said I had something to tell her and before I could get the words out she told me she already knew I liked to dress as a girl. I have no idea how she does it but she finishes many a sentence for me and always seems to know what I’m going to say or what I’m thinking. She says we’re two peas in a pod, but I think she’s just spooky. Anyway, she didn’t run away and is totally accepting of Amy.

Absolutely wonderful happy for you and your wife thanks for sharing.

Interesting. I wonder how she knew you CDed. Have/did you ask her? If not please do and post the answer! Best, Marlene.

Amy Oxley
          Lady

One of her ex boyfriends used to like wearing her underwear. So i guess she was tuned to it. Does make you wonder if we unwittingly give off signals.

Emily Rae
      Duchess

my wife and I met as teenagers so if she knew then what she knows now, maybe she would be with me.  But I think that the most likely scenario is that she would have passed

When I first came out to my wife her first questions were if I was gay or bi, as the conversation continued she said that if she knew that I liked to crossdress she never would have gone out with me let alone marry me.  We had a lot of conversations which basically boiled down to me being able to dress when I was home alone and that it had to stay in the house.  At her suggestion I started therapy which has been a good thing for me as I have opened up and learned a lot about myself that I had hidden or denied.  Over time she has become more accepting and has helped me with purchases of clothes, a wig, make up and other items.  She is tolerant of my dressing and supportive in her own way, however, had she known we wouldn’t be where we are today.

XOXO
      Suzanne

I understand what your saying, and am glad you have some support and understanding from your wife she is showing  you love and appreciation thanks Suzanne.

Dawn Judson
        Ambassador

Same here

Suzanne Martin – You and others have hit on one big reason I don’t come out to my wife: The best that could come of it is that she would “allow” it, but NOT OUTSIDE THE HOUSE! So on those rare occasions when I do timidly venture out, I would be breaking not only cultural norms but house rules, too!

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

In a word, Nope!

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

“Well” that’s a question I’ve never thought of. It would be a big NO…Short story I met my wife when I was turning 18 and her just 16. First steady girlfriend and childhood sweethearts. Dated for 2 years and then got married. I just started dressing at that time but quickly stop not knowing how our relationship would be if I did mention my passions back then and She’s is very opened mined and very ssupportive to others and their personal life styles even more now. We knew a gay couple back then great friends  but no crossdressers and she never made any bad judgments to them. Now that said we did have unusual conversations through the years about guys wearing woman’s clothing but she always said she’s fine with it but pointing out she would never want or ever see me like that as she only was interested in who then she married,  her man.. I even brought up during Halloween times about dressing up as a woman when we went to parties but she down played it as not something she was comfortable with.  So keeping this quiet was my best choice through 40 years never dressed only dreamed. Opening up just a few years ago and with many many conversations she’s now cautiously supportive but still with her making many of the decisions when I move into new territories forward. Society’s ways certainly contribute to her mindset as we all know to well. And even today doors are opening up but resentments is still here today and likely it’s always will. 44 years later I’m certainly catching up to where I was then. And importantly with the same woman I knew so many years ago..

Stephanie 🌷

Hi April great question and really dont know .. My wife Linda Bass a member here also supports Stephanie and accepts her as a girlfriend in our home we have been married coming up in march 40 years .. She met and accepted Stephanie just after we were married and says that clothes are clothes and they dont change the persons heart in side .. We grew together as friends and husband and wife but from then till now she is not a Lesbian at no point in our bedroom or around the house  dressing like and acting like a girlfriend is fine but no kissy kissy ha ha .. Now like i said Linda is a member her and if you want to ask her questions look her up and ask away just remember if you ask and really dont want a answer dont ask Ha Ha  because she is very truthful .. She loves Stephanie as she brings out more love and compassion as a woman can in our relationship not like Grumpy Hubby sometimes from a bad day at work .. So when home she will say go find Stephanie she is more pleasent to talk to he he .. So girls love being here and having so many girlfriends to spill to ..

💋💋Stephanie

Even if I have normal clothes on, they discover quite fast if this is inclined to wear women’s clothes. Typically, women think you as a gay, but then if approach them they suspect you somewhat obsessed to cross-dress or similar. Of course, bra closet is a surprise.

Ann Dee
      Lady

Given her reaction when she did find out (unfortunately unexpectedly) and subsequent conversations I would say no.   Funny. She really is very open minded, but not as this relates to me.   So kind of dadt pretty much for me.  However, we never know what the future holds.  That said she is the best wife and has never used this against me.   Things are good.   Great and interesting topic.

Ann

Here’s my take on this, for what it’s worth (it’s free): First, I’m in the closet and I believe there is no way my wife would be OK with me being a crossdresser. We would devolve into a DADT relationship. We would not separate or divorce – we would both respect our vows to the end, but it would be a barrier between us that wasn’t there when we met and when we married. I should have told her right away, but I was crazy in love and didn’t want anything to spoil the delicious fun we were both having.

Secondly, I think if you meet your future wife or SO while dressed, so she truly knows who you are, it won’t mess up your future relationship, because she will have already accepted that part of you. Of course, things might still go wrong down the road, but if they do it won’t be because we’re both “girls.”

Religion and culture have socialized us — both men and women — to think crossdressing is sinful, shameful, perverted, and it’s the rare woman* who can step outside that conditioning and be OK with their man who is more than “in touch with his feminine side.” I didn’t count it up, but my sense from reading the answers here to April’s original question is that most of us would not have married our current SOs had we met while dressed.

Same for me: I might be married today, but not to the girl I met who is now my wife. And I wish it were not so.

* Or man, of course.

Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

I told my wife I was a crossdresser when we first started dating. I thought it was important to be honest always. Turns out I was right. She has always been very supportive, does my makeup, and gives me fashion advice!

That is awesome I am happy for you and the honest approach you took and that your wife is a loving and supportive of Mia that is wonderful.

For starters, I’m divorced, unrelated to my crossdressing. So the question has no meaning. Second, it would have been impossible, as I met my ex in high school in 1973. I never fully dressed until years later, and there would be no way I would go to school crossdressed, especially in those days before home computers and before the internet.

Based on this, I’d have to say the question has no meaning, it was an impossibility.

Anonymous
      Lady

Wow what a long thread with so many variations on the theme “fine for others but not my man”.

I did tell my wife while we were dating and we even went out with me dressed several times. At that time I simply stated I liked dressing as a woman. After our marriage she decided she didn’t want anything to do with a cross dressing man and demanded an end to it. This led to many years of a bad relationship with me secretly dressing, deceiving and lying to her and her pulling away from me and our relationship essentially dissolving into a wreck. After around 4 years I announced I wanted a divorce and it did not go well. After a lot if arguments, fights (verbal not physical) and eventually talking over the course of several years I admitted to her and myself I am transgender and the clothes are just a small part of a big picture.

We have grown a lot since those days and are getting ready to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We accept I am transgender and I dress in an androgynous and feminine fashion while maintaining my place as husband and father. I do go out fully dressed and enjoy my girls days out but within her request that I do not do it around our home town, her or children. My clothes hang in my closet and I do not lie or deceive her or myself about my actions and tell her when I am going out. She asks that she doesn’t have to see Carolyne yet most of my day to day attire is women’s and I do appear effeminate in my daily presentation. Our relationship is still a project in progress yet we are still together and working to accept each other and our needs and realities.

So… would we be together had she known? The bigger question is would I have been with her if I had known or been honest with myself about being transgender? Would I have chosen to be in a relationship with her or anyone if I knew who and what I am. Would I have chosen to subject her to my self realization and discovery? How would our relationship have developed had she known and I accepted I was truly a woman trapped within this unacceptable male body? I believe we could have been wonderful friends and our relationships would have been substantially different. She has no desire to be in a relationship with a woman or be a lesbian and this leads to the inevitable conclusion that had we both known and accepted who and what I am we would not have married yet we could have been best of female friends. I also believe I would have inevitably moved towards transition and chosen to live as a woman. So here we are together and full of love for each other yet in a difficult relationship that straddles many boundaries and realities that make us work each day to accept who we both are and how we continue to be true to ourselves and our love.
      🍷C

Wow, you are a great writer Carolyne👍You have a creative use of words and grammar that sucks you right into your story. You should post, reply to more forum threads and consider writing some articles for the group. Kadoos !

Hi April, Ladies,

I doubt it, but you never know. First of all, I met my wife shortly after 9/11 when security was crazy on an airplane! I’m in aviation and she hates flying. She sat down next to me and had a flask (this was before the liquids were banned) and took a shot and offered me some as well. It was port and the flask had an extra shot container (metal shot container). We spent the whole flight talking, exchanged numbers, and had been flying “high” ever since 😉

Once I saw great potential and we were having lots of fun dating, I fessed up that I like to dress up in women’s clothes. She was totally ok with it and when at my townhouse at the time brought some clothing over and had me try it on. Fast forward over 20 years and I have my own closet in the house we live in with Karensa’s stash. In the past we were more daring and went out as women at times to alternative clubs. Not doing much of that anymore, but I can dress up almost whenever.

XOXO
      Karensa

Audrey W
      Lady

Hi April, I’d have to say absolutely, since she was the one who really encouraged me to dress in the first place.   My very first pairs of panties, pantyhose, ladies jeans and heels were all purchased by my wife as she gradually eased me into 24/7 under dressing.  All but for one suit and an emergency pair of male boxer briefs, all my clothing from the waist down is from the ladies department.  I usually stay up a bit later than my wife and when I eventually come up to bed she has my evening negligee laid out on the chair by the bed.  According to her, there’s no snuggling unless I’m in negligee.

I would say that many here are envious of your situation with your more than supportive wife! Your a lucky woman.

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?