- August 5, 2021 at 1:50 pm #527626Holly GoodrichParticipantRegistered On: April 19, 2021Topics: 113Replies: 417Has thanked: 1542 timesBeen thanked: 2272 times
Let’s see how thrifty you girls are. If you were given $5,000 (U S.) ****Currently £3,800 for our UK girlfriends and 6,200 for you Canadian girls*****. You’re told there’s just ONE condition: all of it is to be spent on your feminine self.
A) go to thrift and/or box stores, OR
B) go to the high end stores?
hmmm, methinks the replies will be very interesting.
Thrifty Holly 😄
- This topic was modified 1 month ago by Holly Goodrich. Reason: Left a group of girls out
- August 14, 2021 at 7:23 am #531217
- August 14, 2021 at 12:47 am #531136Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1413Has thanked: 23154 timesBeen thanked: 5590 times
I would definitely have to split the spending up in several different locations. Maybe go for $1000.00 in 5 different places or types of stores.
1) The highest end lingerie I could find for the first $1000. Just imagine a set of Sable bra and panties, that would feel so awesome I would think.
2} A really nice bathroom makeover would be good too for another $1000.
3) Shoes and boots in genuine leather.
4) Dresses. No skirt and blouse choices, but dresses, every cut and material you could get.
5) Now just imagine going into your favorite Thrift Outlet and telling the manager you had $1000 to spend every penny of in their store. I would think they would be more than glad to give you a half price or BOGO deal as long as you spent it all with them. Most organizations they support would be more than happy to work out a special deal with you.
Now, you just have to get everything into your car and them home.
- August 13, 2021 at 8:17 pm #531110Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 2186Has thanked: 27880 timesBeen thanked: 7187 times
Holly what a delima to have but i truthfully would thrift store it till gome as well as give to wife as she is a better bargain hunter and gets Stephanie things quite ofter .. Hugs girl..
- August 13, 2021 at 8:03 pm #531104Holly GoodrichDuchessRegistered On: April 19, 2021Topics: 113Replies: 417Has thanked: 1542 timesBeen thanked: 2272 times
Well the question was phrased “for your feminine self” so I see no reason laser treatments wouldn’t be allowed.
- August 13, 2021 at 6:19 pm #531062Birel GalanodelLadyRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 288Has thanked: 751 timesBeen thanked: 1408 times
Can I spend it on permanent body hair removal? If so, that would be the first thing I would want. My next femme wishes would probably be for another/better wig, and real forms. Then I’d want to get a makeover, and hopefully learn how to recreate an attractive look myself. I shop thrift stores all the time, and there are certain things that I just never find there. So, I’d want to go to higher end stores. Nothing fancy, just places with nice clothes in a good selection of sizes.
- August 7, 2021 at 7:31 am #528297stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 176Replies: 2412Has thanked: 3813 timesBeen thanked: 11508 times
Me? I would like to try out the top of the range forms from the Breastform store, both “free standing” and stick-ons, to find out if they are any better than the cheap ones I get off Amazon – which I must say have never disappointed me.
Alas, I cannot justify spending hundreds of £’s on such things, so such a gift would be put to good use. I might even consider a high-end breastplate, and even a butt enhancer suit, just for the experience, and only for occasional use, as I don’t like to be too encumbered (but who knows, they might grow on me.)
Probably also try some expensive wigs, again as a comparison to the budget ones I usually wear.
The danger is that I might get a taste for expensive things …… or be disappointed that price doesn’t always mean better quality or performance.
- August 7, 2021 at 7:16 am #528291patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 81Replies: 1529Has thanked: 2471 timesBeen thanked: 5697 times
- August 13, 2021 at 5:52 pm #531049
- August 6, 2021 at 4:06 pm #528077
- August 6, 2021 at 7:17 am #527855Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 57Replies: 1566Has thanked: 6622 timesBeen thanked: 7898 times
Hi Holly. Since I can always afford the Thrift Store but rarely the high end stores, I’m heading out for the best. $6200 could make this girl happy! Now you did say to spend on my feminine self, so I’m going foto include a full makeover as well before my high end shopping spree!😊
….. may I assume the checks in the mail? I’m already planning! 😅
- August 6, 2021 at 6:31 am #527848Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 459Has thanked: 1296 timesBeen thanked: 2058 times
- August 6, 2021 at 6:21 am #527843
- August 6, 2021 at 2:34 am #527793Val’sheril StarsongLadyRegistered On: March 3, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 383Has thanked: 264 timesBeen thanked: 866 times
Interesting question, and I like the duality of it. Definitely more of a thrift store gal myself, however 5 grand worth of thrift store pretties would be tough to hide (remember some of us have that whole closet thing to worry about) so I’d probably spend about $500-$1000 on the actual clothes and put the rest into renting a discreet storage (changing?) facility to keep it all out of the landlady’s eyes. Yes, I realize this is an ongoing expense that would quickly exceed the $5k limit but I figure my purely speculative modeling income would take care of the ongoing expense… yes, I’m an optimist when it suits me. ;P
On a deeper level though, much as beauty is far from skin deep, it defies the price tag. I find myself fascinated with how to make myself pretty without pandering to the income-obsessed fashion industry. Not that I don’t appreciate a good ball gown when I see one but there’s a reason that the staples of women’s fashion haven’t changed in a great degree for the last century or so. And if it means wearing styles a few years out of date, I feel better doing so if it truly feels like “me” versus pandering to the ever-fickle whims of popular opinion. Sorry for waxing way more philosophical than I originally intended!
- August 6, 2021 at 2:31 am #527792MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 33Replies: 491Has thanked: 1956 timesBeen thanked: 2004 times
Grrr! Bloody covid. If only …
Made to measure for me.
Business class flight to Hanoi in Vietnam, travel down to Hoi An*, They’ve got hundreds of skilled clothes makers plying their trade there, so if I could describe it, they could probably make it – at a fraction of the price for a similar service in the west.
Oh, and since the standard visa is for a month, I might as well hang around for a while to use it up. The food is pretty good there too.
*other countries / destinations available.
- August 6, 2021 at 5:22 am #527838
- August 6, 2021 at 2:36 am #527794Val’sheril StarsongLadyRegistered On: March 3, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 383Has thanked: 264 timesBeen thanked: 866 times
- August 6, 2021 at 2:28 am #527791Sarah LaneDuchessRegistered On: September 1, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 60Has thanked: 813 timesBeen thanked: 314 times
With that kind of money I would have to get some high end things but I would probably still go to some thrift stores and look at their branded stuff that they have and see if I can catch a bargain in my size.
- August 6, 2021 at 2:19 am #527789
- August 6, 2021 at 1:06 am #527786Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 27Replies: 873Has thanked: 3539 timesBeen thanked: 3648 times
High End High End High End🤣
As I have progressed along this path my ‘Bianca’ shopping habits have changed from lots of lower priced items (which sometimes I bought simply because they were cheap and in my size) to a more selective approach. It would be nice to have some high end items to make me feel and look ‘chic’.
Maybe a real silk dress, scarf or blouse (or all), a statement handbag-Chanel?LV?, a beautifully tailored pastel coloured suit, some expensive heels or boots, maybe even some real gold Jewellery with some gemstones💎 A girl can dream!
Besides I don’t have enough wardrobe space for $5000 worth of inexpensive clothes🤣
- August 6, 2021 at 12:09 am #527782Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 120Replies: 2824Has thanked: 10449 timesBeen thanked: 16016 times
Thanks for the cash!!!…
I would have answered earlier, but I have been out and……. spent it already, before you took it back. 🤔🤔🤔
….£799.99 on clothes, heels and makeup…..and a 5 gallon drum of poison perfume….
and £3,000.01p on an extension on my flat….to fit it all in!!!!…..
( all for grace so it doesn’t break the rules!!!! )😇😇😇
there wasn’t a time limit…..was there….i did the best i could?????
Wrecklessly grace x
- August 5, 2021 at 6:48 pm #527744Jeannie JohnsLadyRegistered On: April 29, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 34Has thanked: 54 timesBeen thanked: 136 times
Too Funny! Just got back from the mall, spent too much! But not five thousand. I guess I would go back to Macy’s and buy the outfits I thought were too expensive. I’m sure I would buy a new purse some perfume and lingerie and it would add up fast. I did buy a new bra tonight at a store called Soma. Really nice ladies store, my first time being fitted for a bra, and it feels wonderful!! I plan to wear it to bed lol.
One of the perks of traveling for work I get to shop in the evening sometimes.
- August 5, 2021 at 6:37 pm #527742Holly GoodrichDuchessRegistered On: April 19, 2021Topics: 113Replies: 417Has thanked: 1542 timesBeen thanked: 2272 times
- August 5, 2021 at 6:23 pm #527731Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 112Has thanked: 75 timesBeen thanked: 383 times
I would take my time and do some comparison shopping first. I’d visit high end stores, thrift stores and stores in between. I’d find the best combination of style, price and quality on various items, then decide exactly how to spend my money.
- August 5, 2021 at 6:33 pm #527740Holly GoodrichDuchessRegistered On: April 19, 2021Topics: 113Replies: 417Has thanked: 1542 timesBeen thanked: 2272 times
- August 5, 2021 at 5:13 pm #527710
- August 5, 2021 at 5:03 pm #527708Jamie WilliamsLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 70Has thanked: 173 timesBeen thanked: 450 times
I go everywhere. I’ve been enjoying going out in public dressed more and more, so I’d hit the chain department stores, the high end retailers, ..anywhere I think I can find a treasure. And when I’m tired of walking around, I hit the online stores. If the resources are there, there’s no point in limiting your options.
- August 5, 2021 at 4:41 pm #527706DuchessRegistered On: April 19, 2021Topics: 113Replies: 417Has thanked: 1542 timesBeen thanked: 2272 times
- August 5, 2021 at 4:31 pm #527699SharonCD MichiganLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 18Has thanked: 57 timesBeen thanked: 59 times
My persona has never been a cookie cutter (lol)… I would take a weekend trip and book a full service makeover! Buy whatever make me feel like a queen from that and hit the town for dinner and drinks. That one weekend would be worth a closet full of thread and silk. That’s wear (pun) I would spend my money.
- August 5, 2021 at 4:05 pm #527678Jill QuinnLadyRegistered On: July 24, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 64Has thanked: 275 timesBeen thanked: 258 times
What a fun question! I think I’d go more thrifty for most things, bras, panties, jewelry, blouses etc. But for shoes that would fit and feel good to my baby tender feet, I’d go wherever I needed to go to buy something that felt as good as it looks. I’d also spend more on eyeglasses that really made me look and feel more feminine, same with a good wig or three.
Thanks again for such a fun question!
- August 5, 2021 at 3:46 pm #527672
- August 5, 2021 at 3:40 pm #527670
- August 5, 2021 at 3:21 pm #527664Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 2473Has thanked: 5184 timesBeen thanked: 9365 times
Thought-provoking question; since I have never shopped in a thrift store, I would have no reason to start now. I would first have custom-built shoes to fit my 13W gunboats, then go for a high-end wig as an alternative to my real hair, and use what remains on some nice jewelry. In today’s market, $5000 USD is really easy to get rid of.
- August 5, 2021 at 6:52 pm #527747Jeannie JohnsLadyRegistered On: April 29, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 34Has thanked: 54 timesBeen thanked: 136 times
- August 6, 2021 at 9:13 am #527905Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 2473Has thanked: 5184 timesBeen thanked: 9365 times
Thank you, Jeannie,
I will check them out. I do have 3 pairs of heels (pumps), but can’t wear them. Shoes which are wide enough in the ball are so wide in the heel that I walk out of them when I wear them. Strappy heels and Mary Janes work, however. Also, hard to find colors to match my outfits.
- August 6, 2021 at 10:04 am #527920
- August 5, 2021 at 3:17 pm #527662Kelly TerryDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 26Replies: 317Has thanked: 356 timesBeen thanked: 1298 times
I assume that the only thing I can do with the money is to buy stuff for Kelly and not invest it in any way.
I’m not in to brand name stuff so I go for volume. Now thrift/box stores doesn’t have as good selection as online stores have so I would probably buy a pile of heels, boots, skirts and such from several online stores.
- August 5, 2021 at 2:59 pm #527655
- August 5, 2021 at 2:54 pm #527654Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 404Has thanked: 1511 timesBeen thanked: 1963 times
I would skip the thrift stores. Sure thrift stores are cheap but its hit and miss. With that kind of money I would go for new stuff at big box stores or small boutiques. I wouldn’t buy high end because as Donna said it could all be spent on one item and womens clothes cost more anyway as it is. I would build a nice wardrobe with modest priced items. Also as a part time CD I wouldn’t be wearing things as often as someone like a trans would. Some of the money would go on a girls day out with massages, a professional makeup session, the hair salon, and a nail salon. Ahh dreams…. maybe one of us can win the lottery!
- August 6, 2021 at 2:41 am #527796
- August 5, 2021 at 2:47 pm #527649Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 1362Has thanked: 4233 timesBeen thanked: 6468 times
My wardrobe is stuffed to overflowing, and I do feel the need for some posh totty in my life.
I could easily blow that on high end dresses, shoes – ooh! Jimmy Choo!!
A really nice wig, designer tights, jewellery… Only £3,800, you say? Some of the pieces I’ve fallen in love with in Brighton might take that as a deposit…
This girl is high maintenance!
- August 5, 2021 at 2:46 pm #527648PRETTY PINNYDuchessRegistered On: May 4, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 16 times
- August 5, 2021 at 2:10 pm #527638DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 127Replies: 2449Has thanked: 15477 timesBeen thanked: 8459 times
- August 5, 2021 at 2:26 pm #527644DuchessRegistered On: April 19, 2021Topics: 113Replies: 417Has thanked: 1542 timesBeen thanked: 2272 times
- August 5, 2021 at 2:02 pm #527633Lanna BartonLadyRegistered On: May 25, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 480Has thanked: 1556 timesBeen thanked: 683 times
- August 5, 2021 at 2:00 pm #527632Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 647Has thanked: 1316 timesBeen thanked: 2973 times
Holly I would have to say YES. I mean I would do a little of each. A couple of weeks ago I bought a silk nighty, it was the least expensive on the site $79. Now I would really love a few more silk items and then go buy some stylish shoes that really fit my feet properly. Then hitting a number of thrift stores and finding my size and styles I love, and at prices so can buy lots of my favorites.
. . .Sandy
- August 5, 2021 at 1:58 pm #527629Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 614Has thanked: 548 timesBeen thanked: 2643 times
since the currency doesn’t fit into either of my categories, I’l have to improvise 🙂
I was gonna just spend a few hundred bucks and then bank the rest, but if it has to be spent all :
– no thrift stores, there are a few thrift stores close to where I live and none of the items they have seem to be in my size range.
– most likely big box stores. I’m not into high end clothings as I can be a slob, and the last thing I want is food bits on expensive clothing.
– swim stores for sure, as they would have the racing/training womens’ one piece suits I’m looking for.
- August 5, 2021 at 1:55 pm #527627Jessica CharmsLadyRegistered On: May 6, 2021Topics: 18Replies: 106Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 476 times
Ohh, well thrift store/box store. $5,000.00 can be stretched pretty far and can make a huge difference in creating a wardrobe. Shirts, pants, tops and maybe shoes. Other accessories too like jewelrycould be gotten cheap at these places.
So yeah thrift stores/box stores for me for sure.
- August 5, 2021 at 6:32 pm #527737Kathleen 60454LadyRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 81Replies: 715Has thanked: 2855 timesBeen thanked: 3172 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.