• This topic has 18 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

It happens every year sisters, and I despise it with the white hot intensity of 100 exploding suns.

Clingons in my closet!

Static on Stevie!

How do you girls cope with it?!  Yes, I have a humidify.  I moisturize.  I go through several cans of Static Guard,  I hang dry much of my wash…. and yet – Static Cling!  Every sweater removal causes a blue electrical storm.  Every evening gown clinging to me like a homeless kitty cat looking for a home.  I pass my hand over my hair and it rises up to meet it!  Is it magic?  Hell no, its static!!  And it is driving me bonkers!  Whacko!  I simply cannot wear many things for long until they cling to me like a second skin – and I hate it.

How, just how do you girls manage?  I could use some help with this one! 😥

Statically challenged,

Stevie

Amy Lee
      Lady

You can rub dryer sheets on your dresses and stuff.  They’re designed to reduce the static, and it’ll also make everything smell a little better 🙂

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Thanks Amy.  I do keep a few sheets in the drawers and use them liberally when drying!

Anonymous

Hi stevie never had the electrical storm in my closet but did find something might help maybe give it try to see next time wash something.

Static cling is the result of electrical charges that build up in your clothes due to dryness and friction. There are a few tricks that will get rid of static cling quickly, but you may need to change the way you wash and dry your clothes if static cling becomes a big problem in your wardrobe. To remove cling quickly, rub your clothes with a metal object to remove the electrical charge. You can also rub lotion into your skin or spray your clothes with hairspray. For long term solutions, change the way you do your laundry. Add vinegar or baking soda to your wash cycle, and consider air drying your clothes to avoid static altogether.

5 Ways to Get Rid of Static Cling – wikiHow

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Donna I will try all of the above!  I do keep myself heavily moisturized in winter – it helps with the skin if not the clothes.  🙂

Stevie

Stevie, sounds like it’s time to switch to cotton undies for a little while hon.  That will help.

You might also look online for a little gizmo called a ‘ZeroStat’.  It’s  a pistol looking device that used to be sold in record stores to get rid of the static on LP turntables.

One or two trigger pulls near your clothes or where ever you have static, and voila, no more static.

PaulaF

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Thank you Paula.  I do go through a couple of cans of anti static spray every winter, but I swear the static returns every hour!  And you might as well say bye bye to your hairdo everytime you remove a sweater – and I love my sweaters!!   ❤

Stevie

I love my sweaters too Stevie.  I use my old Zerostat on my clothes and have used it with my hair also, just be careful not to get it too close to your scalp, it does shock pretty hard if there is a lot of static.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Less negativity and more positivity, Stevie.
      You are currently over charged.
      I would suggest a visit to your Aunty Static. She will have AMPle advice.
      WATT was that? A reVOLT in your wardrobe?
      You need to RESIST that straight away.
      I’d recommend my invention to REPEL the symptoms but I mustn’t PLUG it on CDH, DC or AC!
      OHM my ,
      Now I have it too. Attraction, can’t help it!!

I’m LEAD ING you astray!!

Anya ( happy ( Sunday )😊😔

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Oh Anya.  Thank you so much for those words of wisdom and for a hearty Sunday morning laugh!!😄

I shall remain… positive.🙂

Stevie

Oh my Anya, did you ever generate some laughs. I’m positive everyone got a charge out of that post. I suspect you may have been wired on some early morning caffeine. I nearly blew a fuse when I read it! I couldn’t resist.

Your transistor sister,

Clara

Anonymous

Oh my little electrode- thank you.

you also have the CAPACITOR to

amuse!!!! Hope nobody ever turns your switch off !!!

Anya ( running out of …….)

( %^*+*^^%^*+)…. Rude !!

😂

A small steamer works wonders on static cling.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Thanks Ria!  Then a large steamer would work best, right?  Bigger should be better! 🙂

Stevie

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Stevie. I remember recently seeing an advertisement about either anti static laundry detergent or maybe it was dryer sheets… I’m not sure… claims to eliminate it entirely. That was here in the US but maybe its sold there too… idk.

What type of household heating do you have? That could be causing the problem. A humidifier would help too.

Sorry but I just couldn’t work in electrical charges into my post so its just grounded.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Haha,  well it is good to stay grounded Michelle.   Electric heating doesn’t help.  I do have a humidifier and use multiple sheets in the dryer, I’ll even take long showers with the bathroom door open – gotta spread the moisture around, lol.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Stevie,

I recall that you live in Southern Ontario.  Isn’t it generally a more humid climate, than let’s say Alberta where I live?  Maybe I’m just lucky, and I have a nice balance between positive and negatively charged electrons.  My can of Static Guard has been used only a couple of times in the past five years.  Perhaps you are just one of those fortunate people who have an extra amount of electrons in you? Certain carpet fibres are more prone to increase electrons in your body.  All part of your electric personality I’d say.  You are getting fantastic suggestions from others; I’m sure you’ll find something that works. Have a wonderful week, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Hi Krista!  Yup  in southern Ontario, where the summers are humid and the winters dry.  Its not fair, lol.  I must just have too many free floating electrons in my system.  Guess I’ll need some meds for that, 😁

Stevie

Anonymous

Well, Stevie is certainly dry and not a “wet”. As for friction,
      Well he might rub people up the wrong way but he’s harmless
      Really.
      If he becomes a problem we can always bag him up and hang him up. The polarity change will do him good.

Stevie- the spray might contain micro carbons and I know you are keen to reduce such stuff. Deodorant is also “ harmful” and won’t get rid of the static.

If you were to move around a bit more you would be “ less static”- and you would be a more difficult target for the protons, ( which I believe are positively charged)??

Now I’m no scientist but I do know that certain polishes ( that you may be using on your wardrobe?) also causes static. So,
      I’m sorry
      But this sister has tried all angles and I haven’t found a definitive answer.
      Perhaps you are a walking Van dear Graf “ thingy” ( technical word for some items !!)

In the end –
      Don’t worry, just come down to earth!!

Thank you for being the source of my zany humour. Perhaps we might leave you to neutralise
      And be yourself.
      ( Now, where is my magnet- HahHa).

Anya ( I’ll be back EMF )

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?