Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls, just to let you know that i have enrolled to go on a beauty course which involves makeup, application, types of and all manner of beauty therapy. Hopefully at the end of 16 weeks, i will get my diploma and be qualified in the subject. The objective being, not only to enable myself to understand makeup and how to apply it properly, but also to help members here answer their questions too so we all should benifit from it. I must say, i’m as nervous as hell! i dont really like learning courses but if you really want to learn something then you must take the plunge! experimentation is ok to a degree but it would be good to have a full understanding about the products you use. The course also touches on the subject of making your own cosmetics, so that should be interesting, watch this space! 🙂

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

How exciting, Fiona! I’m looking forward to your updates!

Hugs!

Shawna

Anonymous

Fiona!  Congrats!  You’ll love it and you will never be sorry you optioned for doing so.  Same path I followed (so if you can …go right into MakeOvers as well …all at once)!  Hair styling (if they offer it) isn’t going to hurt you either.  The more you know the further you’ll go. (I’m walking proof of that).  *If my makeup were to fall off with an oncoming train bearing down on me?  The train WOULD STOP …once it could see me clearly, and take a dirt road.  🙂

Now I’ll just lurk  …and you can handle the inquiries!  Will be good for you!

That’s awesome Fiona! I am a teacher and I truly believe that it’s so important to keep learning. Learning new things is what keeps the mind sharp. And there’s nothing better than learning about something you enjoy. This actually sounds like a great deal of fun. Especially learning how makeup is made. I look forward to hearing your insights. Kudos to you for stepping out of your comfort zone and learning something new!!

Elle
      Lady

Enjoy!

Brilliant, Fiona! After you get your diploma, you’ll be the resident expert at CDH. Expect lots of questions from cosmetically challenged individuals like me!

Anonymous

Fiona, making your very own cosmetics is so easy you’ll ‘flip out’ when you see what cosmetics truly contain!  Many of what used to be (and some still are), products that are ‘shiny & full of colours’ …those are sliced and diced fish scales.  Looks GREAT on faces in the right places!  Women used to use ‘ground up’ COAL for their black ‘cos’ needs.  Blending “pressed powder” is as easy as dehydrating anything, grinding it to dust, then ‘compression’ to the max.  (I use a 20-ton hydraulic jack to press my powders into the ‘old’ ones (cans/plastic holders/whatever).  The only secret to most of it is to get familiar with the ingredients.  Most can be omitted (preservatives), AND …”BIO” is fast-up-and-coming.  Wylona Hayashi, Dayana Crunk (Melgares) *She married a while back… and myself are all ‘chipping in’ for a BIO ONLY product line.  (Both of them are also Goth …and I think the top 2 “Goth babes” on the web.  Kina Chen is another Goth girl (China) who looks like a doll, and already has her own line at 19 (maybe 20 now).

I’ll PM you with other questions once I’ve got them penned down!  lol…  (Questions like WHO supplies the supplies)?  You most likely will need brushes and all manner of “things related to the scene” no doubt.  And the older I get, the more expensive all of these things are becoming (yet everything I started out using is no longer in use)!  That’s what happens to a makeup artist/makeover artist that’s been “doing it” 26 years!  (And why I’ve needed to refresh 7 times).  Rapid change WHEN it happens…  (there are lulls, like every winter EVERYTHING slows to a crawl (right after Xmas).

Anonymous

Good luck! that sounds amazing!! I haven’t had the guts to do that yet,.

So, Kryolan, every cd’s favorite foundation has an Intro to Drag class monthly here in NYC.  My Fiancé said she would send me for my birthday which was last month. I just haven’t had the nerve to go alone, I was hoping that she would come with me.

I think I would feel out of place as  basically straight guy (indie punk style) who crossdresses. I am still to chicken to answer those questions I guess.

If anyone is interested, here is the link.

goodnight young lovers <3

Marianne
      Ambassador

A very good initiative Fiona.  I have taken some lessons at a makeup counter in the mall and a  local beauty parlour  and also a half day class at an evening study centre. But there is always more to learn.  Let us all know how it goes.

Anonymous

Hey there Fiona!!!!  I don’t think there’s a day that passes that I do not think of you and your upcoming endeavor.  Sixteen weeks is a LOT of Cosmetology “crammed” as well.  You mentioned a diploma, yet I’m of a mind you’ll be an MUA (Makeup Artist) UPON graduation, therein, will you not also be Certified?  If “nay” …I think I have a way for you to obtain such with a minimum of effort.  I will scope that out 100% for you if you’d like?  And, there are ALWAYS different Salons “in search of” Makeover Artists (new or experienced  …doesn’t matter)!  THEY would offer to send you to Makeover “Academy” at their expense in exchange for a spell of time behind one of THEIR Salon chairs.  I can already tell you that those who are “in the closet” will make a bee-line once you become a known quantity/quality.  Wow girlfriend, there’s so much that you’ll DIG ‘absorbing’ and trying out (and over and over and over cuz it just ‘flips you out’! ….WOW all that you will fully immersed in!  It’s A TRIP Fiona!

Anything at all that you may need(?) ..hey, I’m RIGHT HERE or if on the road that’s not a “squelcher”  (thanks to iPads)!  hahahahah…..  If you need something and I’ve got it, it’s yours okay?  I mean it!  🙂

always looking to look pretty. so keep me in mind when you are certified.

Anonymous

HAHAH me too! I stab my eyeballs, especially doing tightline underlid.. oof

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?