Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

hello there I’m new to this I’ve never dressed up before, well at least not for anyone to see, and I was wondering if I could get some tips like a do’s and don’ts so I don’t make all of us look bad. I most likely won’t be going out in public dressed up, I’ll be saving it for the bedroom ;), but just in case I have to I need some advice for a rookie. Thanks!!

Love,

Mattilyn

Michelle Nelson
      Baroness

I was told to dress your age. I’m in my late 30’s so I should dress like a woman I her late 30’s. I’ve worn clothes that were made for a teen age girl and though it is fun to try that stuff on I feel more confident and even more feminine when I dress my age.

I do my shopping online. I’m to nervous to go shopping dressed as a woman. Lots of good stuff out there.

Hope that helps.

Good luck girl 💜

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Hi Mattilyn and welcome to CDH! There are some great articles, forum posts etc here that can help you out as well as chatting with other members of our community.  In terms of starting out, one thing you can do is see how women around you or on media and get a sense of what  you may like your style to be. Otherwise, have fun trying on different looks and don’t worry about being perfect the first time, it is a learning process and practice will help from walking in heels to putting on mascara.

Hugs,

Michelle

Hiya Mattilyn. Thankyou very much for joining CDH! you are in the right place here with plenty of help and support from our many friendly members!

Where do you start? well! at the beginning of course! (only kidding)! I’m with Bobbi on this one. Dress how you feel! ask yourself, what look do I want to accomplish? a good trick, is to see what other girls are wearing, it will give you some good ideas. Clothes wise, there are lots of combinations, do you like skirts or pants, or both! what type? colour? etc. Experimentation is the keyword. Look at it as going back to school, only this time you are enjoying the lessons!

Its lovely to have you here Mattilyn, any problems or questions, please dont hesitate to message me and I will do my upmost to try to help 🙂

Fiona xxx

Marianne
      Ambassador

I dressed in secret in my mother’s skirts and dresses from age 12 or 13 and later in my wife’s clothes until starting on my own wardrobe. Thus I had a good idea about what styles I liked and looked good in. For makeup I had seen my younger sisters do all the classical mistakes and actually managed quite well from the beginning. However some lessons at  a makeup counter and a beauty salon greatly improved my skills, as did a professional makeover and photo shoot at Model House Stockholm in 2016.

My recommendation is don’t be afraid to ask professionals for help. They have probably seen it before and most large chains have policies for treating transgender customers. And after all, their job is to sell the clothes, makeup and accessories, not to be picky about who buys what.

Marianne

Anonymous

Welcome, Mattilyn!

Like Bobbi said, there are no rules!

How you dress is how you express yourself, and it’s a fun journey into uncharted territory .

You are an artist, creating an image that as yet only exists somewhere deep inside you. Maybe, like a prolific songwriter, sculptor, storyteller or painter, you have many creations waiting to be formed.

To my mind, dressing in private is the best way to learn what works for you and what doesn’t, but it’s like the “people writing songs that voices never shared” in “Sound of Silence” by Simon and Garfunkel.

Sooner or later you’ll probably want to share your creations – and why not!

Love Laura

Welcome Mattilyn

Hi Sweetie and We!come to CDH!! You are definitely in the right place as there is endless resources that begin right here for someone new to crossdressing. I agree, wear what feels good and if your only wearing it in the bedroom your certainly not making anyone look bad. I returned to cross dressing about a month ago after a 23 year absence and I feel that I am re-learning the art of transformation. Ask yourself, Are you dressing only in the bedroom for gratification or do you eventually want to walk in public enemy femme.  I f your  staying indoors, then anything goes, do what feels good. If you intend to walk in public, you ‘ok probably want to learn to “blend” in with other woman wherever you’ll be. I recommend “Stepping out Secrets Program, it’s very on-demand and provides a great foundation you can work from to transform yourself if create the illusion of a woman. I have been working this program for several weeks and have come a long way in a short period of time. Complete transformation is definitely an art that takes time, dedication and work to perfect, but if you want to play, start with what feels good. If I can ever help, just give a shout.

Hugs, Bren

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Mattilyn happy to welcome you and being excited about this you have certainly started this journey right.   From someone just starting to the well experience everyone here enjoys the support and acceptance that is truly unique. Be free to express yourself with many like yourself and with no judgements. If your only dressing in the bedroom enjoy doing it all. Do what makes you the most happy. There’s no boundaries on where you want to go be true to yourself and express your true feelings. But never say never maybe a day will come and that door will open and out you will go .I thought the same thing and then we’ll it just happen. When you learn and understand more have the support of many  the possibilities are endless . Love to chat and share stories and make new friendships.  So get comfortable and enjoy being part of a special place that really cares about everyone that passes through our doors. Very nice meeting you.

Stephanie 🌹

Welcome Mattilyn!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?