• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi, and good morning. Now you all know that I am the fount of all wisdom, so pin your ears back.

I now have a legitimate complaint. I hate spell checkers. They do not help – they annoy. I write with such flair – and then something changes my choice of words. If that is you BIG BROTHER – push off.

How does Rose become Rise? Why do spaces seem to disappear beneath the keyboard? Who is writing this anyway? I don’t like using *^*(&( statements, but they do help release a little bit of tension.

Then some wise ” &^*(^^(*” tries to make sense of it and adds ” that was not what I meant”.

It is as if the buttons or ( keys on a typewriter) have been mis – connected or re wired incorrectly.

” I had a shot last night” becomes ….. ( yeah well you get my point ) ( vaccinations of course!!! )

So it is with us – even the clever, articulate ones like me.

But WISDOM is about using your experiences to change things for the better. Sometimes this means completely rewiring your brain. I want to be a friend here, I want to be able to share the day with others who are open to my kind of wisdom – ( yes I’m like that …. I say odd things in FUN,,,, but never in disrespect. )

As a youth and young adult. I had to write many letters – thank you notes, requests, letters to parents and for my union representation. I have no reason to boast. I learned and IMPROVED for the better. I received accolades from the most unexpected quarters saying ” thank you for your welcome letter” ( even though I might have not been complimenting them !!!!) My seniors at work praised me for my intimate communication, always apt, brief and succinct. But mostly through COMMUNICATION.

Letter writing was a method of improving your communication. How odd is it that with technology, we have lost the art of communication that cheers the day of your audience? Technology has created ignorance ( yes I mean that sincerely). We learn nothing but facts but forget how to treat each other. We neglect to see when people may be ” under par” – because we do not ask. Imagine writing to someone to say you like what they say but you can’t quite agree …. Do you start by saying ” Hi, how are you? And how did you get on at the party last week? I hope it went well? Then work your way round to the issues. Or are you ( be honest) one to pitch in straight away ” Sorry I cant agree”. Where is the care for your colleague or friend in that?

Why do we fall out? It is because we lose the care for our audience. In fact if you are a wise person, you might do them more favours by not replying at all. That takes practise and knowledge as to when you should reply !!

Losing friends is a crime and something was not right. You may not know why, but start looking at yourself first. Then try to find the gap in the wall that needs loving care and repair.

Someone asked me recently how do you avoid argument? Well there are a few answers here.

for me it might be …

: talk less –

:be MORE succinct.

:Be wise and be caring.

:And , yes, STEP BACK.

How do you teach? Do you encourage LEARNING? Do you instil fear of being wrong?

Ok, lesson over, time to break and time to think.

Now I am going to do something else now – not wait for the replies or criticisms of my POV. Hate that!

Point of view. ( much better )

If a friend is worth your time – then give it plenteously. If you want to get better and keep friends – look again at the words I have put in CAPITALS. Its a good starting point. Maybe.

bt ths jst mpov! BE CLEAR AND SPELL IT OUT.

We have potential here – might we just need to help it grow too? I hope so, I really do.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for all that you teach me. ( you have wisdom – use it).

I hope this helps – even a little bit!

Yes – I do love you all – it’s better that way!!!!!

ANYA  xox ( the little noise in the dark ) or maybe just listening to my conscience ?!

PS – there is no need to reply – but if you do – tell me how you enjoyed the party first !!!!!

Anonymous

Anya, I hope you enjoyed the party the other night.  😁

I, on the other hand am not wired that way.  I struggle with my words, both written and spoken, and have been informed by my superiors at work that I frequently come across as quite curt.

I should be more conscious of it, but slip back into my extremely left-brained self if I’m not careful.

And yes, autocorrect socks. 😂

Hi Anya,

So very true about autocorrect,

Alice

Hi Anya yes looking at this spell check thing its a pain in the A::??  agreed  even my phone i have a crazy time with it not sometimes but most of the time ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

Hi Anya….

Don’t mention THAT party…still have the hangover…omg.

On my phone, I find my predictive text little hairy arse…opps, sorry,  hilarious…

some of the sentences I type come out pure russian…but I find it funny so I leave it on…

Bit like cdh really, some of the things that I read don’t always make sense, or I may not necessarily agree but unless it’s outstandingly hurtful….I just try to smile and work around it….sometimes the only way to learn, is to take in everything, then you can sort out the good from the bad.

….now that party next week, what time are we going???

Huggs, grace xx

Anonymous

Uhh, girlfriend, we’ve seen some of our notes; I hate spell chech….oh, POOP, there it goes again!!
      😄k

Peta Mari
      Lady

That speel cheeker rezlly sucks.

Anonymous

Mary Jane…..🤣😂🤣 x

Hi Anja I just loved the party you put together last weekend. You looked so elegant in your new gown. I am one that finds spell check a necessary evil. I must admit technology has made me very lazy. I use a satellite to give me directions where ever i go . I just speak into my phone and say where I want to go. Then there comes a feminine human like voice to get me where I wanted to go. I do agree technology promotes ignorance but also gives others a opportunity to just chime in and try to express how they feel. I care for a 93 years old mother in law. She is a true lady. She still cares for her skin by using the newest moisturizers. She still takes the time to put her hair up in curlers each night. Does it while watching her favorite television program. She is in the totally automatic mode. What I find interesting she still finds the time to hand write a Thank You letter to those she found kind for a just a simple thought of someone acknowledging she still exist. These letters go back to the to 1930’s and 40’s when she was writing to those who were at war. A brother, a cousin and all the people in her life she was genuinely interested in how they felt.Her letters were perfect with spelling and punctuation. She always thought about the right words to say because she would used a dictionary to find the right meaning for what she wanted to say. I am always impressed with those you have the ability to use words to allow you to get the feeling of what is being said. Taking time to find the definition of word makes it more personable and makes all the difference when you are trying to communicate with the one’s we find special in our short lives. Computers are a  tool, they have no emotion but they did allow us all to connect.Picking the right words to use is something we all must improve on. That includes me. To all those who enjoy cross dressing have a nice day. Remember it takes practice as Stephanie P has said 1o,000 times before it becomes automatic.

Luv Stephanie K

Barb Wire
      Lady

I love this party! 🎊

Kinda takes me back to the ones I got invites to (and the ones I crashed) in high school. Lots of drama and heartache, but also much fun and joy!!

🥳🎉 Barb

May the inventor of autocorrect burn in hello.

Thought-provoking comments – thank you!

Love Laura

Anonymous

So why does it take weeks years

decades to

play a

piece of music properly?

Music performance is a double sided brain exercise and it therefore creates greater flow. Music is also a great healer reaching “

parts that other activity cannot”

when words fail- music speaks.

we now know that music can

create more blood flow and activity but, importantly, to both sides. The activity requires both sides of the brain to function in cohesion.

we are fortunate that medicine and therapy have latched on to this-

just think- if I were not a musician I’d be  complete bore!!!!!!!!! ( tempting replies here!!!!!!!)

Anya- musical hugs to you all. Xox

Anonymous

I’m so glad you cleared that- I was about to get the oxygen and find that telephone bow!!!

🌹🌷🌹- for the recovery!!

” well, i’ d go t’ our’ouse”

” laugh? I nearly bought me own drink”!

Anya xox

Anonymous

Steph….

Doric for ” left handed person ” is Corrie Fister……

….and all this time I thought she was in Star Wars!!!!

Bosies back atcha

Smiles, Grace xx

Oh my lord, Steph, you have my brain in a knot trying to figure out what you said, lol
      Thank you for the giggle
      Hugs, Regi👸💖

I went to a hospital, but got a bit lost, so I sat down in a waiting room to get my bearings.

A man next to me turned and said

” Ha! whare ye gaun, ye crowlan ferlie!

Your impudence protects you sairly:

I canna say but ye strunt rarely,

Owre gawze and lace;

Tho’ faith, I fear ye dine but sparely

On sic a place.

Startled, I looked around, and the lady on the other side of me said

Fair fa’ your honest, sonsie face,

Great Chieftain o’ the Puddin-race!

Aboon them a’ ye tak your place,

Painch, tripe, or thairm:

Weel are ye wordy of a grace

As lang ‘s my arm.

A nurse came past, and I asked “Excuse me, but is this the psychiatric ward?”

“No,” said she…

“This is the Burns unit.”

😁🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Love Laura

Anonymous

Steph….no problems here…a bit of comfortably numb by Floyd….and my air guitar is note perfect…..

move over gilmour grace…”pink in heels” is on tour…. haha

Hi Anya, this is simply because music is not one activity, and it is compounded by many parameters:

Music is a language, so you can literally spend your entire life learning it.

The construction of this language is on 5 distinct levels, all of which happen in time, and are dependent upon audience feedback, whether the audience is just you practising at home, or a performer on a big stage – every audience is different, and the feedback colours the performance.

The 5 levels are Melody (the horizontal), Harmony (the vertical, which other languages typically don’t have), Rhythm, Form (the overall construction of the piece) and Timbre (the actual sound quality, whether the specific instrument or group of instruments, the dynamic (quiet, loud, etc) or acoustics of the performance environment.

As with books and poetry, there are levels of difficulty in pieces of music – some are easier to play on some instruments than others, and so on.

Just as there are easy reading children’s books and James Joyce, there are children’s pieces and Beethoven’s late string quartets.

Books and music can challenge the listener as much as the reader/performer.

Then there’s learning an instrument – it’s easier to learn on a reasonable quality instrument, but the motor memory required to completely learn any instrument depends a lot on what you learn, how you learn it, and how long you spend learning.

Warming up is a brilliant way to assist motor memory, preventing the fingers or whatever from tiring too quickly.

Then there’s the fact that you can never quite weed out all of the composer’s intentions.

Possibly with “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”, you could, but fill your boots with Messaien’s “Turangaglia Symphonie”, Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring” or even Beethoven’s 5th – a remarkable piece, packed with depth – I have never heard 2 performances the same. File under “under-rated”.

Then you can spend time learning the physics of music – why do particular sounds or sound arrangements make us quite literally feel the way we do?

Learning and performance are only a part of music. Without composers, we have none. Without instrument makers, it’s tricky.

And I am just getting warmed up 😎😎😎😍😍

Love Laura

Anonymous

aye, wee bairn Robbie! Ist ye Ken ma min’?

Gis yet hand an al lead yer astray!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?