- Why not
- November 4, 2020 at 6:14 pm #402989StephanieParticipantRegistered On: May 17, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 16Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 79 times
I like to think about different scenarios and how I would respond. This one is particularly difficult for me, and surprisingly, I have broken down in tears several times while meditating on this one.
- November 19, 2020 at 5:06 pm #408481Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 682Has thanked: 1854 timesBeen thanked: 2493 times
I will not ever change how I wish to see myself, even in a PVS (Permanent Vegetative State) condition. My sister and both of my nieces also know and have agreed to honor my wishes along these lines. I sat and talked with each of them individually when my cancer was found, they know my wishes, and it is in writing on my living will. They already know which dress ensemble I am to be buried in, and the background CD music to play when I am laid out in the funeral home, I already burned 4 CD’s with what I like and want played, as well as the 3 songs I am allowed for the memorial service.
Having a diagnosis like I had, out of the blue with no symptoms, does open your eyes to what can happen beyond our control.
Now, all the sad stuff is over with……. Dance and have a good time! I want no mourning.
PS. Even if I am not ambulatory and can’t dress myself, I can still bob my head with the music.
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Paula F.
- November 8, 2020 at 9:21 am #404218karley delawareParticipantRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 397Has thanked: 1701 timesBeen thanked: 1043 times
Hi………….I have come to this forum several times and my mind always floods with emotion. Finally , I think I can write an answer.
I do not have any close friends…………my relatives are either gone or are estranged. I care for my wife doing this and that……..so for this question………..she will have to predecease me. ……………………..
So…………I would definitely retire from work………and spend the time en femme…………being OUT and ABOUT, getting transformations with photos of me glammed up. I would buy the clothes that suit the various fantasies of life in the closet ( school girl, college girl, young woman). I would just deplete my assets enjoying being a girl……………………
If I can’t enjoy by body being a girl……….the dressing and sexual satisfactions………………….It’s time to “check out”. The mechanics of all that still elude me. karley
- November 7, 2020 at 6:03 am #403920Lucinda HawknsParticipantRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1179Has thanked: 76 timesBeen thanked: 1171 times
this is a tricky question? is it that i become un able to dress up? or the other way around where my wife or s.o . would be unable to get dressed? if it was me where i could not dress up i put how for no one would help me get dressed.
- November 7, 2020 at 5:44 am #403913Regine RichParticipantRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 233Has thanked: 2376 timesBeen thanked: 906 times
I voted yes, because of personal experience. Having had my wife as an “invalid”, god I hate that word, for many years, I would never put this responsibility on someone else, I would have to just disappear.
Sorry for the darkness.
- November 6, 2020 at 8:53 pm #403840Rei DurdenParticipantRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 573Has thanked: 3587 timesBeen thanked: 2185 times
- November 6, 2020 at 8:46 am #403639
- November 6, 2020 at 8:14 am #403633StephanieParticipantRegistered On: May 17, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 16Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 79 times
- November 5, 2020 at 4:37 pm #403353Kay AndersonParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 576Has thanked: 5846 timesBeen thanked: 3066 times
I kind of think that you could apply this to the idea that we don’t know how long we will live or what will happen to us tomorrow. I fought cancer, twice. Cancer never entered my mind before I was diagnosed. What would you do if you were told that you only had a month to live? They say that we should live each day like it was our last. Appreciate every moment we have. Dress as often as you can and love every minute of it.
- November 6, 2020 at 4:07 am #403557Carolyn KayParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 17Replies: 207Has thanked: 1012 timesBeen thanked: 937 times
Hi Kay, when your doctor says that “C” word cancer, it does open your eyes to what time you have. I had some major surgery and was so very lucky they seemed to get it all. That was 13 years ago but I am still waiting for it to come back. I have enjoyed being femme much more ever since.
- November 5, 2020 at 10:26 am #403232JackieAmbassadorRegistered On: February 18, 2016Topics: 23Replies: 133Has thanked: 255 timesBeen thanked: 457 times
- November 5, 2020 at 7:57 am #403184Wendy SwiftParticipantRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 269Has thanked: 173 timesBeen thanked: 992 times
I’ve wanted to start a new topic on a very similiar subject; but you beat me to it 🙂
I have thought about it alot. It would devastate me not being able to transform into Wendy, she has been a part of my life for over 47 years, and you just can’t quit that side overnight.
Like you, I have my CD bucket list, and this halloween I was able to cross off one item from the list, which is to dress up on Halloween to pass out candy to the kids.
- November 5, 2020 at 4:50 am #403136Rachel CrossParticipantRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 186Has thanked: 1091 timesBeen thanked: 934 times
yes i would have to change. nobody knows i dress now and if i couldnt dress, id have to go back to my old self. i guess thats why i have a cd bucket list. so i can get as much as i can done before i cant do anything anymore. and i do get alot on my list done.
- November 4, 2020 at 11:48 pm #403072Emily AltParticipantRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 324Has thanked: 257 timesBeen thanked: 1426 times
- November 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm #402997T.J. ByronParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 239Has thanked: 1980 timesBeen thanked: 875 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.